Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Send Topic Print
North American Tour May-July 2015 - News, Rumours & Updates (Read 239,790 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: North American Tour May-July 2015 - News, Rumours & Updates
Reply #900 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 6:43pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/festivals/rolling-stones-summerfest-show-s...

Summerfest Sellout!!

It's only rock 'n' roll. But that's likely little consolation for the thousands of Rolling Stones fans who failed to snag a ticket Monday to the legendary band's Summerfest kickoff concert on June 23.

About 25,000 tickets, originally priced from $94.40 to $421.95, were gone seven minutes after going on sale at 10 a.m. Monday.

"You can't always get what you want," yelled Scott "Wizzy" Wisinski outside the Summerfest Mid-Gate box office, where a couple hundred people gathered Monday morning to try to buy tickets. Wisniski was sporting a Stones shirt from the band's 1975 County Stadium show, a wooden sign of the Stones' tongue and lips logo he made himself draped around his neck.

"It's sad," Wisniski, 54, said. "I got a new liver in 2002, and I was mostly drinking (at past Stones concerts). This time, I would have remembered it."

Almost everyone who gathered at the Summerfest box office went away empty-handed, competing not only with each other, but also with thousands of people flooding Ticketmaster's website and phone lines.

Joann Rader, 55, of New Berlin was one of the unlucky ones, even though she was the first person at the Summerfest box office Monday, arriving at 5:30 a.m. But tickets at the box office were issued through a lottery system, which hadn't been announced previously.

"It is what it is," said Rader. "My husband is a huge Rolling Stones fan, and we don't get to go out a lot, so to have that night out, we'd want it to be special....I'm going to try winning them on the radio."

But Steven Nowak, 59, is sitting pretty. His number was the first to be called out, and he walked away with six tickets in Section 3. "It was meant to be," said Nowak, who last saw the Stones in the early '80s.

Each customer could purchase up to eight tickets for the Stones' concert, not just Monday, but through a number of pre-sales that began Wednesday, where all of the inventories were quickly wiped out.

Sharon McGinnis, 57, of Greenfield acquired an American Express card just to take advantage of an exclusive pre-sale last Wednesday; after trying the pre-sale for three hours, McGinnis and friend Rick Grams gave up. They tried again Monday at the Summerfest box office, but again came up short.

"To me, this is the best band ever," McGinnis said. "I believe the limit should have been four tickets per person for this band, because then the brokers and the scalpers got (tickets), and us ordinary folks are getting no tickets and have to go online where they're thousands of dollars."

As of noon Monday, there were already 3,580 resale tickets for the Stones' show on StubHub, priced from $173 for a single bleacher seat to an incredible $10,748.55 for two tickets in the pit.

There also are a handful of "official platinum seats" available at ticketmaster.com, with prices structured based on demand. As of 11 a.m. Monday, they ranged from $1,533.08 for two seats in Section 7 to $3,721.22 for two seats in Section 1.

Those who did score a ticket will likely see the last Stones show in Milwaukee, at least with the current, long-running lineup. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are 71, Ronnie Wood will be 68 in June, and Charlie Watts will be 74 in June. The band last played Milwaukee 10 years ago.

Ticket holders also will be seeing the band in by far the smallest venue on its 15-city "Zip Code" summer stadium tour. By comparison, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where the band is playing July 4, has a permanent seating capacity of 257,000.

Those factors, plus the fact that the band is skipping Chicago on this tour, led to extremely high demand for the Stones' Summerfest tickets.

IP Logged

Maxmeister
Rocks Off Regular

Locked, cocked and ready
to rock!

Reply #901 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 7:11pm
Just got home and jumped on ticket bastard for Arlington and what to my surprise, within 5 minutes I pulled 2 for section 136 row 7. This after I sat with the bastard for an 1 1/2 hours this morning.
This had to be unbelievable luck as it's close to a sellout. Of course we know what that really means. Still, it seems like the toughest ticket on the tour.
I'm so excited Joey's hog is standing at attention.

Rick

Bring 'em in. Strap 'em down. Let's rock and roll.

Always know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #902 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 4:32am
Zip code tour lucky dips.

You'll be lucky if your seats are in the same zip code as the fucking stage!
Ouch! you made a grown man cry Wow!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #903 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 8:05am
" You'll be lucky if your seats are in the same zip code as the fucking stage!  "

<   ---- That is what has gotten me so spooked about the Arrowhead Stadium Lucky Dips   [ Now Sold Out !!!!!!!    --- Likely Pulled to Create Demand  ]    (    ........ the sound is friggin murder up there in the upper reaches of that place and the band members look like tiny Lil' Ants from so friggin far away    ---  I need guarantees  . Developing ............)  .
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2015 at 11:15am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #904 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 10:19am
wheres the pre party PA

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #905 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 10:31am
These Lucky Dips are great....and packed with 10 essential vitamins and minerals.

I haven't spent this little on the Stones since 1981...and even then I wasn't in the same Zip Code as the stage...I love it

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #906 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 1:06pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:05am:
How are ticket sales thus far?

Going by what I've read on social media, pretty steady with the notable exceptions of Indianapolis and (surprisingly) Pittsburgh.

I suppose its possible that if sales are slow in some markets, there might be a greater chance of more of those $29.50 tickets becoming quite an investment.

Mightnt be a bad idea if you've got poor seats to buy a pair of LD's as well, just in case they turn out to be better than what you had otherwise.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #907 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Rolling Stones will help Georgia Tech pay for cost of attendance

By Matt Bonesteel April 14 

Starting this fall, Georgia Tech will give its student-athletes an additional $1,720 per school year to cover their full cost of attendance. In other words, it’s money for cellphone bills, travel expenses and other costs on top of tuition, fees, room and board, and books, which until this year were the only things athletic departments were allowed to pay for.

In total, this new spending will cost Georgia Tech around $500,000, so obviously the school will want to find a way to raise some extra revenue.

And that’s where the Rolling Stones enter the picture. On June 9, Mick, Keith and the rest will become just the 10th band to ever hold a concert at Bobby Dodd Stadium, which is home to the Georgia Tech’s football team.

According to ESPN.com’s Andrea Adelson, the gig is expected to cover about half of the school’s total cost-of-attendance expenses for the year.

“The reason we’re doing that is not because we want to have a concert on our great football turf, it is to find ways to generate other revenues,” Georgia Tech Athletic Director Mike Bobinski told Adelson. “We have to look for other things to fill in the gaps.”

Adelson reports that the school hasn’t hosted a concert at Bobby Dodd Stadium since Pink Floyd played there in 1994.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/14/rolling-stones-will...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #908 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 1:56pm
TomL wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 10:19am:
wheres the pre party PA

THAT...is a loaded question...By coincidence...i will have No wife...NO Glimmer Twins in the state that day/night...actually that week, LOL...so, the imagination can run wild...I Go Wild...WE Go Wild...EVERYONE GO WILD!!!!

PM me and we can talk...

PS...I still dont have a ticket...effin UNLucky Dips disappeared as fast as it went up...prolly just score at stadium

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #909 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 2:06pm
Edith Grove wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 1:47pm:
Rolling Stones will help Georgia Tech pay for cost of attendance

By Matt Bonesteel April 14 

Starting this fall, Georgia Tech will give its student-athletes an additional $1,720 per school year to cover their full cost of attendance. In other words, it’s money for cellphone bills, travel expenses and other costs on top of tuition, fees, room and board, and books, which until this year were the only things athletic departments were allowed to pay for.

In total, this new spending will cost Georgia Tech around $500,000, so obviously the school will want to find a way to raise some extra revenue.

And that’s where the Rolling Stones enter the picture. On June 9, Mick, Keith and the rest will become just the 10th band to ever hold a concert at Bobby Dodd Stadium, which is home to the Georgia Tech’s football team.

According to ESPN.com’s Andrea Adelson, the gig is expected to cover about half of the school’s total cost-of-attendance expenses for the year.

“The reason we’re doing that is not because we want to have a concert on our great football turf, it is to find ways to generate other revenues,” Georgia Tech Athletic Director Mike Bobinski told Adelson. “We have to look for other things to fill in the gaps.”

Adelson reports that the school hasn’t hosted a concert at Bobby Dodd Stadium since Pink Floyd played there in 1994.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/04/14/rolling-stones-will...

good looking out.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #910 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 2:14pm
I dont get the LD sale in Indy...it has been reported that it has a capacity for 275,000 folks...I thought the Gold section would just be expanded as needed...would the LD tickets likey just be BRONZE tickets??

Interesting though how each city is priced differently for the LDTs...Dallas is/was $25.50 + svc while others 29 and over...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #911 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 2:14pm:
I dont get the LD sale in Indy...it has been reported that it has a capacity for 275,000 folks...I thought the Gold section would just be expanded as needed...would the LD tickets likey just be BRONZE tickets??

Interesting though how each city is priced differently for the LDTs...Dallas is/was $25.50 + svc while others 29 and over...

I think the concert setup fits about 50,000.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #912 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 5:13pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 3:47pm:

I would have thought at least twice that...maybe 120,000...but who knows...either way...can you say CLUSTER EFF?!?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #913 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 5:45pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 5:13pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 3:47pm:

I would have thought at least twice that...maybe 120,000...but who knows...either way...can you say CLUSTER EFF?!?

On IORR BV lists capacity at 100,000.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #914 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 5:55pm
I don't know how accurate bv's stadium capacity figures are, for example PetCo Park is listed as 40K. Maybe so for baseball, but McCartney drew 45k. I don't know if the same seats would be blocked off for both shows...it wouldn't surprise me if the Stones (or AEG) sold totally visionless seats behind the stage for $20 (just kidding).

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #915 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 6:00pm
Even though I have no interest in seeing a show on this tour I was pulling tickets for Orlando during yesterday mornings general public sale...I found a pair twenty rows up on Keith's side in the lower bowl for $1100 each...there is NO way they are going to sell those seats at that price for a show in a stadium that could potentially seat 80,000 people...Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #916 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 7:49pm
MRD8 wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 6:00pm:
Even though I have no interest in seeing a show on this tour I was pulling tickets for Orlando during yesterday mornings general public sale...I found a pair twenty rows up on Keith's side in the lower bowl for $1100 each...there is NO way they are going to sell those seats at that price for a show in a stadium that could potentially seat 80,000 people...Smiley

I'm also not going after considering Arlington.

Just now pulled up two Arlington tickets in the uppermost level about halfway back, $1318 for both seats.

You get to sit in the first row, though.  Oh no! not you again

I think maxmeister scored decent seats for this show.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #917 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Arlington
$29
You can't beat that

I recommend El Fenix

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #918 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 6:08am
"Get some of the best seats in the house. Live it up in Official Platinum Seats—and savor special bragging rights before and after the show!

Learn More about Official Platinum Seats"

Those $1300 nosebleeds are still available, folks!

Get 'em while they last!

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #919 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 7:49am

Rolling Stones Stars Talk High Tech Stage Show In Minmation

04/15/2015
(Radio.com) On the latest Minimation, where Radio.com comb through the CBS Radio interview archives and animate interviews with legendary artists, they revisit a 1977 interview where Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones discuss the spectacle of their stadium and arena concerts.
The Rolling Stones recently announced their latest U.S. trek, the ZIP CODE Tour. The press release informed us that the stage design for the tour will include "a thrust that extends deep into the audience allowing the Stones to interact directly with their fans." In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Mick Jagger said that they will bring a "video-based stage with lots of screens," and he also noted that he picks the design of their stages, describing this one by saying, "It's a video-based stage with lots of screens, so it's important what goes on them. We've got some new pieces for the video. I'm pretty involved in all that."

Their stage design is something that he's been involved with for decades. Over the years, the Stones have sported stages in the shape of their logo (with fans buying high-priced general admission tickets to be inside the lips-shaped runway), stages with towers with limited seating (also high-priced), stages that move through the crowd, and stages with elevators that put Jagger on the top of whatever stadium they're in.

The Stones have been raising the game on arena and stadium rock since the art form began. In this 1977 interview, drummer Charlie Watts, always a no-nonsense guy with not much use for spectacle, and bassist Bill Wyman discuss the band's new stage, which included a (gasp) big ramp. "[Jagger] wanted to be able to jump 60 feet in the air," Watts mused. "The thing that's a drag about all those things' is all you're interested in is playing the drums." And by that, Watt obviously meant that all he is interested in are the drums.

"You've got this whole other thing going," he chuckles. "And a fortune being spent!" Of course, then as now, Mick Jagger knew what he was doing: if a fortune is being spent, a considerably larger one is being made. Watch the video here

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #920 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 7:59am
Most of this article is recycled...but here are the closing lines which sound a bit interesting

http://www.fayobserver.com/living/mick-jagger-to-other-bands-make-every-show-cou...

Richards said he's completed a solo album that is in "bed and ready to wake up I think later on this year." Jagger has also worked on new music.

"I've been writing this week. ... I've written a lot of new songs lately, but we haven't recorded them yet," he said, adding that the songs are about "just life in general, personal things, social things."

The last stop on the Stones' Zip Code tour is July 15 at the Festival d'ete de Quebec in Quebec City, Canada. But Richards said more dates may follow.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2015 at 8:03am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #921 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 8:04am
As if Richards is a reliable source of information....... Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #922 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 8:46am
PA you have mail

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #923 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 8:54am

" PA you have mail   "

<   --- Hi Baby !!!!!!   ... Weeding ?!     ... Hashishin' ...... ?!

TomL  .............. Are you currently Weeding ?!  ...... Hashishin' ... ?!

Are you Hashishin'. ?!

Weeding   .......?!    Weeding Today ?!

Please ...... We's just's friggin got's to's knows .

Weeding ?!  ... Hashishin' ... ?!  ... Are you Hashishin'... ?!

'kins ®

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #924 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 9:00am
all the above Kins. Going to Buffalo tomorrow to teach that red headed whore how to drink.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)