Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fact or Bullcrap ?? (Read 1,140 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Fact or Bullcrap ??
Jan 24th, 2015 at 7:07am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Alice Cooper & Tommy Lee Describe Budokan’s “Traffic Signal” for Crowd Control
January 23, 2015

Chuck Nowlin
Listen weekday afternoons from 2pm-7pm on 100.7 WZLX

Motley Crue and Alice Cooper continue to tour all over the world, and in the case of the Crue this is their farewell tour.
It’s being billed as “one final victory lap” for Motley Crue.
As for Alice? Pretty sure he’s un-dead, so he will be performing forever – no hologram required.

Alice and Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee both joined Chuck Nowlin on the phone Friday afternoon to talk about the tour and the interesting places they’ve played. They offered some unique insight into Tokyo’s iconic Nippon Budokan, commonly known as just “Budokan.”

Ozzy Osbourne, Cheap Trick, and other classic bands have released famous “Live at Budokan” concerts, and Motley Crue are headed back there with Alice in February. The most striking aspect of playing a show there, according to Tommy, is the incredible crowd control. After songs ended, the crowd would stand and cheer in unison, then uncannily go silent and sit back down together.

Tommy describes the audience control as a “traffic signal” – there is literally a man with buttons who controls the behavior of the fans, much like “Applause” signs in TV studios. And there is apparently a “red button” that turns on the house lights. Tommy said the Crue have had to pay the guy off not to hit that button.

It makes you wonder if an American audience could ever possibly be controlled by something like that. Do Americans have that kind of discipline and respect at rock concerts? Probably not.

Audio interview here: http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2015/01/23/alice-cooper-tommy-lee-describe-budokans-tra...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Re: Fact or Bullcrap ??
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 9:06am
After just reviewing both Cheap Trick and The Police at Budokan...I think the button wasn't working both nights.

I assume 'the Crue' is just not used to applause in any form...perhaps they didn't recognize it

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Chicago, IL
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 3:39pm
munichhilton wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 9:06am:
After just reviewing both Cheap Trick and The Police at Budokan...I think the button wasn't working both nights.

I assume 'the Crue' is just not used to applause in any form...perhaps they didn't recognize it

Yep.

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 3:40pm
What a post Ronnie!!!!!

Is this board always so slow these days? Isn't Saturday afternoon prime drinkin' and postin' time?
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2015 at 3:43pm by SheRat »  

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 5:01pm
pffft...check out the Clash's filmed for TV gig in Tokyo from Sun Plaza Hall Feb. 2, 1982. The band are actually a bit off (for the Clash) as Joe had the flu, but the Jap kids are all standing and wildly enthusiastic. Very different from the usual preconceptions of Japaneses audiences. Maybe it was just the band, though...

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:48pm
SheRat wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 3:40pm:
What a post Ronnie!!!!!

Is this board always so slow these days? Isn't Saturday afternoon prime drinkin' and postin' time?

i was resting up for a night of drinkin and gamblin.....
now i am enjoying the afterglow and planning a return trip to the freezer for the chilled bottle

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago, IL
Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:34pm
mojoman wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:48pm:
SheRat wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 3:40pm:
What a post Ronnie!!!!!

i was resting up for a night of drinkin and gamblin.....
now i am enjoying the afterglow and planning a return trip to the freezer for the chilled bottle

Will you be postin? I should be doing the same (cold, cold beer) but if I start again, that will definitely result in some kind of Hurricane SheRat sitch. Don't need that this week....
Ouch!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)