Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Rolling Stones: Pictures of the band on Teesside in the mid-1960s (Read 1,027 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
The Rolling Stones: Pictures of the band on Teesside in the mid-1960s
Jan 19th, 2015 at 8:50pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The Rolling Stones: Pictures of the band on Teesside in the mid-1960s

Just over 50 years ago the Rolling Stones played a series of Teesside gigs on their rise to stardom - here's some of the pictures

These could be Rocks-Offers LOL, love this picture:

Just over 50 years ago the Rolling Stones played a series of Teesside gigs on their rise to stardom.

The date was 1964 and between then and 1966, Stockton played host to the band no fewer than four times for a grand total of eight shows

The venues? The ABC Theatre and the Odeon - did you pay 6/6 for your ticket?

New money equates the figure to 33p, ticket prices went up to 12/6 for the better seats (63p) but still seems good value however you look at it.

September 1966 saw the Stones make their final visit to Stockton - by that time, Mick and co had notched up more hits and the audience were watching the band on its last ever extensive UK tour.

Let us know if you were amongst the screaming masses in Stockton!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Re: The Rolling Stones: Pictures of the band in Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside in the mid-1960s
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:33am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thanks for the cool pics from the past from Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside.
I was a bit too young then but I knew the place and have been there to see some flics

http://www.stockton.gov.uk/images/articles/headers/level3/globewrapping

they are restoring the Globe (ABC theatre) and are paying tribute to the bands that have performed there.

http://www.stockton.gov.uk/artscultureandleisure/museumtheatrearts/globetheatre/

....In addition to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, The Globe has hosted stars such as Cliff Richard, The Shadows and Lonnie Donergan, who made their acting debuts here in pantomime.

The Beatles famously played at the Globe on Friday 22 November 1963, the day President Kennedy was assassinated and, as late as the 1970s, bands such as Mud, Showaddywaddy and The Bay City Rollers played here.

Cliff Richard and the Shadows composed their 'Stars Fell on Stockton' (B-side to 'Wonderful Land') here and much of the music for the Cliff Richard movie 'Summer Holiday' whilst taking part in pantomime at The Globe.  As a youngster, Shadows band member Bruce Welch used to help on his grandmother's Stockton market stall.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)