Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese Rock TV Series Gets Green Light (Read 1,664 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese Rock TV Series Gets Green Light
Dec 7th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Rolling Stones frontman and movie icon tie up on HBO show set in the 1970s, also featuring Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad creatives

US TV network HBO has commissioned a 1970s rock’n’roll drama which will be produced by Mick Jagger and directed by Martin Scorsese.

The currently untitled project is a long-term ambition of the Rolling Stones frontman and movie icon, who worked together on band documentary Shine A Light in 2008. It also features Boardwalk Empire co-creator Terence Winter and Breaking Bad’s George Mastras on the creative team.

Stars include Bobby Cannavale, who’ll play the boss of a record label confronted with a life-changing decision, as the script explores “the drug and sex-fuelled music business as punk and disco were breaking out.”

Jagger conceived the idea several years ago, and it was first pitched as a movie entitled History Of Music in 2010. No further details have yet been revealed about the series of hour-long episodes, which will be shot in New York City.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese Rock TV Series Gets Green Light
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 10:11pm
This has potential for two reasons...

It's on cable...where it should be...
and NYC circa 1975-1977...cannot be beat as a time/location setting.
Let's hope the title changes FAST..."The History of Music" is Gawd-awful
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2014 at 10:13pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 8:01am
" This has potential for two reasons...   "

<  ----- Mick needs the Stones  .  Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .Mick needs the Stones  .

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2014 at 10:53am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 8:51pm
Agreed, this has great potential! With Martin Scorsese directing, it will be authentic looking. He gets into the details of the era perfectly. With MICK setting the scenes, I hope it will be filled with sex and drugs and all kinds of bad behavior! I remember the way it was back then, and MICK was all over Manhattan with Bianca and doing all kinds of wild shit. My roommates worked at Studio 54 in that era and the stories told were so fvcking out of control! Yeah!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 8:08am
Bounty hunters from the future transport a doomed race-car driver to 1970's New York, where his mind will be replaced with that of a dead billionaire.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 11:07am
Not sure just how much hands-on Jagger will/should be...he can probably serve in the role of technical adviser...

Jagger does not have a great record as far as visual media...most of his projects have been box office poison or just plain bad (Being Mick Jagger???)....hopefully he just puts up the monies as producer and let the folks who know the business do the job.The James Brown film totally flopped it grossed just under 32 million...take the 30 million budget and well...this ain't no $20,000 indie film out of Omaha Community College...

Studios always need a loser to write off

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 9:11pm
Studio 54 Revisited?.....HBO sure has nothing else going for it since Sopranos packed it in.....Boardwalk Empire was ok but petered out. Mick should actually put some effort into the one thing we'd give a shit about....a few new decent Stones tunes.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Bayonne, NJ
Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 10:06pm
Article on the lead actor, Bobby Cannavale.

He was excellent in the HBO series - Boardwalk Empire.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bobby-cannavale-stars-new-martin-sco...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #8 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 10:21pm
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 10th, 2014 at 9:11pm:
Studio 54 Revisited?.....HBO sure has nothing else going for it since Sopranos packed it in.....Boardwalk Empire was ok but petered out. Mick should actually put some effort into the one thing we'd give a shit about....a few new decent Stones tunes.

HBO stopped existing once Curb Your Enthusiasm went dark...

You know...if Mick would actually put some real sincere thought into it, he could pull off a Beatles and
make a Stones Anthology BD set...the entire history of the last 50 years of the Stones...should not be too hard...they were only productive for about half the time.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 6:49am
Bitch wrote on Dec 9th, 2014 at 8:51pm:
Agreed, this has great potential! With Martin Scorsese directing, it will be authentic looking. 

I hope its more 'authentic ' than the front row full of 20 year old girls and the 'drama' over the band not playing to a pre-arranged setlist that he tried to pass off as 'documentary' material in his last Stones-related movie. 

This was originally called "History of Music"? I seem to recall it being called "The Long Play" for years on end. We've been hearing about this project for about a decade, from what I can recall.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:34pm
Well it could suck but it has the potential to be really good. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see the results.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:39pm
Bitch wrote on Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:34pm:
Well it could suck but it has the potential to be really good. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see the results.

If...they do it English BBC style...just write ONE complete season (maybe 2) ...plot it all out and do THE BEST 1 or 2 (10 episode seasons) they can...it could work. Not like American TV which might pull off 4 good seasons and to prevent it from dying they either marry off someone...kill someone...or adopt a kid.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 7:18am
Bitch wrote on Dec 11th, 2014 at 7:34pm:

Oh, dont let my previous post make me sound too cynical. It could well be very good.

Plus its a drama as opposed to a documentary. While Scorsese HAS made some of the greatest music documentary movies of all time (The Last Waltz, The Blues, No Direction Home) he also has a decent pedigree in making dramas with a music related plot (New York New York)

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)