Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
U2 announces NA/Euro tour for 2015 (Read 3,869 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
U2 announces NA/Euro tour for 2015
Dec 4th, 2014 at 6:13pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
In the US/Canada...
22 shows for 9 cities...$48.00 - $312.00 (incl svc)

All Major markets...

Europe, 22 shows for 10 cities

Let the gross race begin!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2014 at 7:52pm by Unholy Trinity »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: U2 announces NA/Euro tour for 2015
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 7:25pm
this ain't bringing JB back

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 7:33pm
Its not free?  I'm waiting then......

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 8:27pm
....and $50 for the opportunity to buy early tickets

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 8:43am

<  ------ Anaheim will be " WIDE OPEN !!!!!!  "  ( See : TREE Papering    --- Burmese Jungle Style  . Shiver ..............)   .
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2014 at 9:20am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 9:05am
I've always admired U2's belief in their new music. They'll open up concerts with 3-4 new tracks. I wish the Stones would have done that over the past 25 years.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 9:56am
predictable.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 11:32am
I generally do not care for U2, but they put on a good live show...especially for the altered and buzzed in their audience.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 11:37am
The Stones production and sound folks can take a lesson from the U2 crew...that 360 tour was the best sounding show I have ever seen in a stadium...and NOT a bad seat in the house due to the 360 degree screens and effects

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 12:37pm
lil' buddy is gonna be butthurt.

IP Logged

Moonisup
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 2:25pm
Most seats and standing are decently priced. They play Ziggo dome and €75,- for standing and seated somewhat more expensive and los €35,- seats.
Thus they get a more enthousiastic audience in front of them

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

US
Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 2:41pm
Joey? Bono?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Three days after U2 revealed that lead singer Bono injured his arm in a "cycling spill" requiring surgery, the grim details of the singer's accident and prognosis have been revealed to Rolling Stone.

While riding his bike through New York's Central Park on Sunday, the singer attempted to avoid another rider and was involved in what doctors have called a "high energy bicycle accident." Bono was rushed to New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center's Emergency Department and underwent "multiple x-rays and CAT scans" followed by five hours of surgery.

The singer suffered numerous serious injuries, including a "facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye," three separate fractures of his left shoulder blade and a fracture of his left humerus bone in his upper arm. The latter injury was particularly damaging, with the bone shattering in six different places and tearing through his skin.

According to orthopedic trauma surgeon Dean Lorich, MD, "[Bono] was taken emergently to the operating room...where the elbow was washed out and debrided, a nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws." On Monday, Bono underwent a second surgery to repair the fractured finger.

While it's still unclear how long the singer will be recuperating, Lorich tells Rolling Stone that Bono will "require intensive and progressive therapy," but "a full recovery is expected."

It remains unknown if Bono's injury will affect the band's upcoming tour, details of which have yet to be revealed. When guitarist The Edge spoke to Rolling Stone in September, he outlined the group's plan for heading back on the road. "The tour is still in the planning stage so it's too early to describe what it will be like," said the guitarist. "I think we will start small. We certainly can't get any bigger than the last tour."

The injury forced the group to postpone a planned weeklong residency on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon this week. "It looks like we will have to do our Tonight Show residency another time - we're one man down," the band wrote on their website the day of the crash. "Bono has injured his arm in a cycling spill in Central Park and requires some surgery to repair it. We're sure he'll make a full recovery soon, so we'll be back! Much thanks to Jimmy Fallon and everyone at the show for their understanding."

After working on Innocence for two years, the group surprised fans in September by releasing Songs of Innocence for free to anyone with an iTunes account. "We wanted to make a very personal album," Bono told Rolling Stone. "Let's try to figure out why we wanted to be in a band, the relationships around the band, our friendships, our lovers, our family. The whole album is first journeys — first journeys geographically, spiritually, sexually. And that's hard. But we went there."

Full Statement From Dean Lorich, MD on Bono's Condition

On November 16th, Bono was involved in a high energy bicycle accident when he attempted to avoid another rider.  Presented as a Trauma Alert to New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell's Emergency Department, his Trauma Work-up at that time included multiple x-rays and CAT scans showed injuries that include:

1. Left facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye.

2. Left scapula (shoulder blade) fracture in three separate pieces.

3. Left compound distal humerus fracture where the bone of his humerus was driven though his skin and the bone was in six different pieces. He was taken emergently to the operating room for a five-hour surgery Sunday evening where the elbow was washed out and debrided, a nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws.

4. One day later, he had surgery to his left hand to repair a fracture of his 5th metacarpal.

He will require intensive and progressive therapy, however a full recovery is expected.

Dean Lorich, MD
Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Hospital For Special Surgery

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 5:38pm
They could play in my backyard....and Id close the curtains and put in ear plugs. Beers $50 too.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 10:55pm
I'm one of the few who doesn't hate or love U2..................Although around here it seems a lot easier to hate them. Like some of their stuff. Only seen them once. When they opened for J Geils. If you can believe that. Got to look closer into that ticket price. 3 bills for the up front wanna be's. What's it cost to get in the building? Better thane that 360 claw, stadium shit they did on the last tour.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:46am
Looking at the stage set up, nosebleeds may not be as bad as typical shows. Main issue is what happens to the sound when it bounces off the ceiling creating a muffled sound if you are within 10 rows of the very top (like in the dump that jumps).

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #16 - Dec 6th, 2014 at 5:37pm
Bluzdude wrote on Dec 6th, 2014 at 12:46am:
Looking at the stage set up, nosebleeds may not be as bad as typical shows. Main issue is what happens to the sound when it bounces off the ceiling creating a muffled sound if you are within 10 rows of the very top (like in the dump that jumps).

Pre-sale today.For some reason I bought 2 uppers. $114 each. Not bad. But also noticed that they have GA's on the floor around the stage. Might try for that on Monday's main sale.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #17 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 2:27am
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 5:38pm:
They could play in my backyard....and Id close the curtains and put in ear plugs. Beers $50 too.

Word.

"The Edge"?  "Bono Vox"?   

Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes.

A bunch of brands with no calories.

IP Logged

wiseblood
Rocks Off Regular

Wading pools and beer
on a hot summer day...

Boston, MA
Reply #18 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 11:20am
Tell those fuckers to put 4 tickets in my e-mail inbox because Lord knows they felt perfectly fine putting their new album in my iTunes account. Same thing, right?

Come on queenie, let's shake it.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #19 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 11:22am
Listen to Wiseblood. He's Wise.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #20 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 1:23pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 5th, 2014 at 10:55pm:
Better thane that 360 claw, stadium shit they did on the last tour.

Sweetie...did you not like the 360 Claw??

I thought it was INCREDIBLE sound...simply the best sounding stadium show i have ever been to...and visually amazing. I missed out on a lot of it since I was seated next to the stage...in the stands...3 rows from field.

Certainly better than that "fan be part of the show" bull shit the Stones pulled with behind the stage balconies

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #21 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 2:58pm
I do like U2 live...the sound is very powerful,  the bass is thumping.

Yes, I do.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #22 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 9:36am
Following a bicycle accident in New York which was widely reported back in mid-November, U2 front man Bono suffered some serious injuries, which he is still recovering from in Dublin, Ireland.

But in an update on that unfortunate accident, Bono’s bandmate, guitarist David Evans, better known as “The Edge,” revealed that Bono was dressed as an orthodox, Hassidic Jew at the time he totaled his bike, apparently choosing that as a disguise so as not to be recognized while on the streets of the Big Apple.

One might not be able to easily picture Bono wearing a long black coat, trilby hat, and sporting curly sidelocks and a long beard, but such is the price of fame, at least according to The Edge.

“You know, when Bono goes cycling he likes to dress up as a Hasidic Jew,” the U2 guitarist responded when asked simply how his health was by the interviewer.

Bono is reportedly undergoing extensive reconstructive surgery following the New York bike accident.

“He managed to come out of it with what you could only describe as injuries from a car crash, literally, multiple fractures of bones in his elbow and in his back,” he told Radio.com. “But he’s doing OK.”

Due to the accident, Bono had been unable to attend a number of U2 live appearances, including a headlining gig for World Aids Day in New York earlier this week, where he was replaced by substitute frontmen Chris Martin and Bruce Springsteen.

The accident, which happened in Central Park, of all places, left Bono with a “facial fracture involving the orbit of his eye” and a bone “tearing through his skin,” Dean Lorich, Bono’s Orthopedic trauma surgeon, told Rolling Stone magazine.

“He was taken immediately to the operating room where the elbow was washed out and debrided. A nerve trapped in the break was moved and the bone was repaired with three metal plates and 18 screws.”

What’s more, just days before the bike accident, Bono narrowly escaped death while on a flight from Dublin to Berlin, as the private jet he was on suffered a malfunction while in mid-air.

“He was extremely lucky, the plane could have gone down,” a source told the Irish Daily Mail.

It remains to be seen how quickly Bono will recover from the New York bike accident; well-wishers and fans from across the globe pray it will be speedy, and look forward to him fronting U2 again soon.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #23 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 9:49am

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #24 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 12:17pm
this gives me flank pain............

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)