Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
RIP Ian McLagan 1945-2014 (Read 18,186 times)
Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Re: RIP Ian McLagan 1945-2014
Reply #100 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 7:40pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Bitch wrote on Dec 8th, 2014 at 7:06pm:
Mr. Yeats wrote on Dec 7th, 2014 at 9:07pm:
That's a damn fine pic of you and Mac, Bitch. I seem to detect a bit of spirited mischief there!

I asked him about his personal life, and he told me his wife Kim passed away but his heart will always belong to her and no other, she was the love of his life. But he seemed pleased that I was interested in him and we talked at his table as he signed autographs of his book. Wonderful, talented, sweetheart of a man and his book is good too. The pics are a few year old, taken in NYC. 

Oh, Bitch - I didn't mean to imply that you were hitting on Mac - but if you were, hell, good on you! He was one of the better looking/ preserved guys of all his contemporaries (must have got sober long before many others) Plus you look very cute (and mischievious!) in that pic.
Yeah, I was aware of his wife Kim's death, and he had stated in several interviews that he just didn't want to be with any one else. In fact there's an excellent and very funny interview with him from just a few months ago where he talks about writing a new song about how hard it is to go on a date after 33 years of marriage. I'll track it down and post it here.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #101 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 8:41pm
Those were the times... The Small Faces, Mac with the great GREAT Steve Marriott, now Only Kenny Jones is alive

© Gered Mankowitz

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #102 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 9:01pm
A very good, in depth, revealing and very funny interview with Mac from last June. The man was quite a talker!
http://www.salon.com/2014/06/07/ian_mclagan_on_green_day_if_i_had_a_gun_theyd_al...

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #103 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 12:50am
Mick's silence is deafening. My guess is Keith will show up to Bobby Keys funeral but none of them will bother for Mac. Maybe Ronnie and possibly Keith, but I won't hold my breath.

Mac's passing is just awful. He was such a magical musician. He was still making great records by himself and always had interesting things to say. Just a true shame that the Stones didn't have it in them to invite him to play more often.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #104 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 1:35am
Seems a tad harsh, Wick. How many of the other hundreds of musicians Mac played with haven't issued public statements?
No one knows who's going to who's funeral. It's no one's business unless you're family or a friend.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 2:30am
Fair enough but they do have a tendency not to say much about people who added such magic to the Stones. Also, I understand the hundreds of other musicians who haven't not spoken, but he's bloody Mick Jagger and it would be nice for a permanent A lister to issue a statement and put Mac's name in lights. As for the funeral, it's sort of the same issue. It will make people take notice of a spectacular musician. It just bothers me how the Stones, more than almost any other band, have no desire to properly embrace their past.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #106 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 2:34am
Lovely words from Benmont Tench

https://twitter.com/benchten

IP Logged

Plink
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #107 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 3:38am
Thanks for posting the link to the article, Mr. Yeats – really enjoyed it. Funny candid bit at the end about the R&R HOF & wanting to kill Green Day and G&R (can’t really blame the guy, especially considering the circumstances).

Thanks also to those who’ve posted all the great pics on this thread – many are new to me and I’ve enjoyed seeing them (and Bitch, that is a fabulous shot of you & Mac together – you’re both beaming!).

Just want to share the beautiful words Mac wrote about his beloved wife, Kim:

"She is my shining light and always will be. Her life was a testament to love and healing and everyone who met her felt the glow from this warm, loving and giving being. She means everything to me but I know we'll be together again in a better place. She is a flower and a dream, and finally the Angel she always was...Her family and friends are spread all over the world but the outpouring of love for her is just a reflection of the love she gave. She said, "You get what you give" and as always she's absolutely right. Kim is an Angel, finally."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #108 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 9:06am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #109 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 1:40pm
Wonderful recollection of time spent with the great man http://www.theguardian.com/global/2014/dec/09/annie-nightingale-ian-mclagan-lett...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #110 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 8:10pm
March 3, 2009 at BB King's in NYC
Ian "Mac" McLagan and the Bump Band
Cindy Incidently
http://youtu.be/hOGwSLN9GkY

Get Yourself Together
http://youtu.be/Z1tu3ZV8crw

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)