Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Line-Up (Update - No Stones) (Read 4,291 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Line-Up (Update - No Stones)
Nov 21st, 2014 at 2:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
How's the "hog" doing right now, Joey ?
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:28pm by Gazza »  

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: " Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Music Festival Line-Up "
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 2:10pm
" How's the "hog" doing right now, Joey  ? "

Edith  .................. I am now so excited that I am typing this with my " Hog "  !!!!!

http://vitalvegas.com/sources-confirm-bruce-springsteen-rolling-stones-will-join...

Let's hope this is not ' rubbish ' and really plays out next year . 
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 2:32pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: " Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Music Festival Line-Up "
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 2:17pm
Joey, don't blow smoke up my ass.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 5:32pm
Old story. Not gonna happen.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 7:25pm
dude got his rocksoff already!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 8:44am

My " Hog " is now sticking out   [ From Bjornulf  ]   :

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2101878

" The Rolling Stones live in 2015 Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2014 14:49

The Rolling Stones are rumoured to be working on a short tour of North America during the late spring around May 2015, then later on Oct/Nov 2015 the South American tour originally planned for early next year.

Among the North American dates they are rumoured for is this one:

Rock In Rio USA LAS Vegas
May 8-9 and 15-16, 2015

Links:
[rockinrio.com]
[vitalvegas.com]

Bjornulf   "

STONES IS STONES BABY !!!!!!   ...... BIGGER THAN ALL OF US !!!!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky Cakes ©

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2014 at 12:11pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: " Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Line-Up (update - No Stones)"
Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:26pm
No Stones at Rock In Rio in Vegas in May

http://rockinrio.com/usa/line-up/

May 8
Main Stage: No Doubt, Maná, The Pretty Reckless
Sunset Stage: Foster the People, Gary Clark Jr, Bleachers, Saints of Valory

May 9
Main Stage: Metallica, Linkin Park, Rise Against, Hollywood Undead
Sunset Stage: Deftones, Sepultura (feat. Steve Vai), Coheed and Cambria, Of Mice & Men

May 15
Main Stage: Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Echosmith, Ivete Sangalo
Sunset Stage: Jessie J, Charli XCX, Tove Lo, James Bay

May 16
Main Stage: Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, Empire of the Sun
Sunset Stage: John Legend, Joss Stone, Magic!, Mikky Ekko

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Line-Up (Update - No Stones)
Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:30pm
This however augurs well for some indoor dates in 2015

http://www.stufish.com/project/14-on-fire-1

"Created to tour outdoor venues across Europe and Australia, Stufish’s stage design for the Stone’s 14 ON FIRE tour includes an elaborate multi-layered fascia to conceal standard festival stage and roof. Exterior panels layer different materials with integrated LED light sources for a bespoke identity. All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour. "

... ... ...
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Re: Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Line-Up (Update - No Stones)
Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:55pm
TINGLE

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:09pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:26pm:
May 16
Main Stage: Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, Empire of the Sun
Sunset Stage: John Legend,
Joss Stone
, Magic!, Mikky Ekko

Can't believe she left SuperHeavy...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #10 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 4:41am
Gazza wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:30pm:
This however augurs well for some indoor dates in 2015

http://www.stufish.com/project/14-on-fire-1

"Created to tour outdoor venues across Europe and Australia, Stufish’s stage design for the Stone’s 14 ON FIRE tour includes an elaborate multi-layered fascia to conceal standard festival stage and roof. Exterior panels layer different materials with integrated LED light sources for a bespoke identity. All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour. "

It's Not Over™
My checkbook just moaned!!!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 7:12am
The chaos that ensued after L'wren Scott's suicide coupled with the Argentinian economic meltdown has really forced the Stones to change a lot of their plans in the last year.

The original plan seemed to be Asia/Australia in spring 2014, Europe in the summer and then South America in the autumn. That would have probably then tentatively extended into spring 2015 in the US with maybe a London show to wrap things up for now - hence Keith's talk about keeping the release date of his solo album back until summer 2015 when the Stones tour had finished.

L'wren's death and the subsequent postponements then forced them to reschedule Australia to Oct/Nov 2014 with South America then being left until spring 2015 to see how things panned out there. Those dates arent going to happen at that time as we know - pretty much solely due to whats happening in Argentina, which has a significant impact on a Stones tour as at least a third of the shows they were planning were going to take place there.

That tour leg is now more than likely to happen in late 2015 (subject to financial viability of course) They're not going to sit idle until then so I've expected them for a while to be playing American dates in the spring. That stufish link posted above - while it doesnt specifically state that its for US shows - would appear to suggest that there will be.

I dont know where that leaves the rumoured London show(s). Some people seem to be speculating on them playing Hyde Park again. I seriously doubt that - if anything, I'd have thought the new Wembley Stadium (which they still have never played) is more likely. However, with the tour now running beyond this summer, my own opinion is that a London gig this summer is unlikely and that maybe they'll leave such an event until the end of this current spell of touring - so I'd be more likely to lean towards 2016. Its just a personal hunch based on the fact that for all the chatter I heard last summer about London shows in 2015, its gone pretty quiet of late. Of course, its possible that they could do some indoor shows there instead, but I dont know. I certainly dont expect another Euro tour this summer.

Interestingly, in a preview of albums which are upcoming in 2015, the new issue of 'Uncut' has listed the likely release date of Keith's album as 'autumn 2015' and not 'summer 2015' as has been mooted (by Keith himself) until now.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #12 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 8:07am
" My checkbook just moaned !!!!!  "

<   --------------  Joey's " Hog " just stuck out !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

hooked
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #13 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:21am
Gazza's info lines up well with a post yesterday from Bjornuf on IORR:

"There will be more shows this year, at least that is what I hear from inside sources. There is no change now vs what I knew in December. They are working on one set of shows in North America around May, then another set of shows in South America late this year around Oct/Nov.

The NA part wasn't planned to be large, but that may change of course. I think the original plan was to "keep them warm". The SA bit looks like 15 shows, sort of "15 on Fire", they just need to sort out the finances of a certain market. And because nothing is done until is public, they don't need to sign and guarantee anything until 4-6 weeks before it happens.

The 8 (9) shows in Australia and New Zealand was an exception. They were contracted. The tickets were already sold. And they wanted to keep the shows in the schedule, so they were re-confirmed in April, while they happened in Oct/Nov. Very special case, it will not be the rule.

But you know these guys are 70+ they don't announce months and months ahead. They don't even plan years ahead, but they have an intention to close the circle. I would not expect them to return to any city they recently visited for a long time. They started in London and I am sure they want to do London again, but they are not in a hurry, really...

If you want to see the Stones now, go see them where they are playing now. They might not return anyhwere near where you live. Ever that is. And don't shoot me, I am not even the piano player...

Bjornulf"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #14 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 10:49am
Maybe the southern US finally gets some shows. They could play central locales and draw from other areas. Ummm like Atlanta? With the hockey team gone Phillips Arena must be craving dates to book. If all else fails my living room would work with no fear of tarping!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #15 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:00pm
New Orleans.    Voodoooey.    Yes

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #16 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:46pm
" Maybe the southern US finally gets some shows. They could play central locales and draw from other areas. "

<  ----------- The Stones have not played Kansas City since April 1999  .

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #17 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 1:46pm
nankerphelge wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 12:00pm:
New Orleans.    Voodoooey.    Yes

Keith played the Saenger in 2003.

Wish the rest of them could get together here.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #18 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 1:49pm
I was planning on NO back in ABB. 
Obviously didn't happen because of Katrina. 

2015 baby. 
Jean Lafitte ' s Old Absinthe House!!!

Quite the history there.
Battle of New Orleans.
http://www.ruebourbon.com/oldabsinthehouse/history.html
Battle of nanky (circa 1985)
Bottle of Heineken
I'll have one more

Yeeeeeeehaw let's party in NOLA with the Stones 2015.

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2015 at 2:36pm by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #19 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 10:40pm
They aren't doing Rock In Rio or Jazzfest. If they do a small number of shows in the US this year. It's still hard to get excited about paying absurd prices for the same crap for a band that's lost more than a few steps.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

SheRat
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Chicago, IL
Reply #20 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 11:17pm
Well, this set MY nipples a tingling, anyways.

If I'm reeeal lucky, this will coincide with my end-of-summer NoLa road trip and then in autumn 2015, I'll be in the fuckin' UK. Second time's a charm, Gazza!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)