Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
November 8 Hanging Rock Show Cancelled (Read 10,131 times)
MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

November 8 Hanging Rock Show Cancelled
Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:23pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
From Herald Sun website
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

The Rolling Stones have scrapped their show at Hanging Rock tomorrow.

Reporter Nui Te Koha says promoter Michael Gudinski said frontman Mick Jagger has a throat infection and is unable to perform.

Gudinski, speaking on Triple M Hot Breakfast minutes ago, said the Stones will try to reschedule the outdoor show.

They performed at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday night to rave reviews and Jagger showed no signs of illness

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:35pm by MarshallG »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: NOVEMBER 8 HANGING ROCK SHOW CANCELLED
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:32pm
bummer

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:33pm
From The Age website
http://www.theage.com.au/

Rolling Stones Hanging Rock concert cancelled.

The Rolling Stones' second Victorian show, scheduled for Hanging Rock on Saturday, has reportedly been cancelled.

More to come

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Now being reported on Melbourne radio (just heard it on SEN).

Update to Age website:

The Rolling Stones' second Victorian show, scheduled for Hanging Rock on Saturday, has reportedly been cancelled.

Radio station MMM reported cited show promoter Michael Gudinski saying that it had been cancelled.

It is understood lead singer Mick Jagger has a throat infection.

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:36pm by MarshallG »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: November 8 Hanging Rock Show Cancelled
Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:55pm
MarshallG wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 4:23pm:
They performed at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday night to rave reviews and Jagger showed no signs of illness

Parachuteman had a different observation:

http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1415187827/8#8

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 5:01pm
A little more from The Age:

The Rolling Stones' highly anticipated Hanging Rock show for Saturday has been cancelled due to a throat infection afflicting Mick Jagger.

In yet more woes for the Stones' Australian leg of their 14 on Fire tour, which was postponed in March after the death of Jagger's partner L'Wren Scott, tour promoters Frontier have confirmed the cancellation of the Hanging Rock performance.

A Frontier spokesman said: "The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed  to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans but were left with no other option."

On the Frontier website, a statement said Jagger was under strict doctor's orders to rest his vocal cords for the next few days to recuperate for the rest of the tour.

Aside from Saturday's Hanging Rock show, the Stones have three further Australian dates: Sydney on November 12, the Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley on November 15 and Brisbane on November 18. An Auckland date is also scheduled for November 22.

There is no word as yet on the remaining tour dates, but ticketholders for the Hanging Rock show have been advised to contact Ticketmaster for refunds.

Triple M's Hot Breakfast tweeted earlier this morning that promoter Michael Gudinski had confirmed that the gig was off. "Confirmation through from Michael Gudinski that Mick Jagger has a throat infection, not sure if reschedule is possible at this stage," the tweet said

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Oh Bollocks.

Gutted for everyone with tickets, especially those like StrayCatUK who have travelled so far.

Looks to be a cracking location - hope they get a chance to reschedule it

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

parachuteman
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, Canada
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 5:36pm
Parachuteman had a different observation:

http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1415187827/8#8 [/quote]

Ya it was noticeable right from the beginning of JJF, mick didn't hit the high note on "I was BORN..."

I also remember him lip syncing the woo woo's on sympathy, and for rambler he completely skipped "everybody say oww"

please allow me to release myself, I'm a man in need of a piss

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 5:47pm
Its all over the Aussie papers and radio and the internet, and the promoter has confirmed it

Meanwhile, on the band's official channels :

rollingstones.com - fuck all
official facebook page - nope
twitter - nothing yet

Stones iphone app - confirmed 37 minutes ago.

thousands of people are getting ready for a show in a remote location (with pretty much no cellphone coverage) in 36 hours time, after having paid a fortune in tickets, and the band's most widely accessible official channels still can't tell them the show is off.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 5:49pm
The app. is saying the show is 'cancelled' . No mention of a postponement or possible reschedule.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:07pm

If they do get rescheduled (AGAIN!), they better get the BEST SHOW EVER...much like our AC show which was cancelled for the same reason or for the Shine-a-Light shows...who really knows. We got a FANTASTIC show...
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2014 at 7:34pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:08pm
Promoters Frontier Touring said tickets would be refunded but the concert would not be rescheduled.

“Unfortunately the band have commitments following New Zealand that won’t allow for the Hanging Rock concert to be rescheduled to a later date,” a spokesperson said.

“The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans but were left with no other option,” a spokesman said.

The band’s remaining shows would go ahead, starting in Sydney on Wednesday.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #12 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:08pm
What commitments following New Zealand ffs?

... ... ...
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #13 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Dropping by the bank to deposit their $$$$$

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #14 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:15pm
Just now on rs.com :

HANGING ROCK SHOW CANCELLED

The Rolling Stones have been forced to cancel the next date of their Australian tour after Mick has developed a throat infection.

He is under strict doctor’s orders to rest his vocal chords for the next few days in order to recuperate for the remainder of the tour.

This means the scheduled show at Hanging Rock near Melbourne on Saturday 8th November is unfortunately cancelled.

A spokesman said:

“The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans but were left with no other option.”

The next scheduled show is Sydney on Wednesday 12th November.

All fans who purchased through Ticketmaster, the only official ticket outlet, will receive a refund on their tickets for the Hanging Rock show as follows:

If you booked online or over the phone, Ticketmaster will refund your purchase back to the credit card used to purchase the tickets. It can take some time to process, so please give Ticketmaster up to 5 days to process your refund before you start to worry.

If your original card has expired or is no longer valid (prepaid Visa and MasterCard included), you’ll need to get in touch with Ticketmaster’s Customer Service Team via 136 100 between 9am – 8pm AEDT Monday to Saturday, or 9am – 5pm AEDT Sunday. Please contact Ticketmaster by Wednesday 13th November and they will arrange a refund via cheque.

If you purchased tickets at a Ticketmaster outlet, you’ll need to swing by one more time with the tickets and credit card used to make the booking. The outlet staff will help you with your refund.

www.ticketmaster.com.au

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #15 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:44pm
I'm so sorry for the fans who have tickets.

I too recall AC2006. That was to be my birthday show. They cancelled the show to prep for the Scorsese doc.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:44pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:08pm:

thats what i thought

holiday ?

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:52pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
I'm so sorry for the fans who have tickets.

I too recall AC2006. That was to be my birthday show. They cancelled the show to prep for the Scorsese doc.

I remember that i was stuck on I-95 in bumper2bumper for Delaware construction when our beloved GotToRollMe called me and told me the news...I went anyway...had a hotel room so figured why not...had fun...

We had about 6 hours notice...hopefully those folks down under in the boonies can get in/out ok...or not go at all and avoid the bottleneck and confusion

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 7:17pm
Deathgod wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
Gazza wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 6:08pm:

thats what i thought

holiday ?

The cynic in me is reading it as its only practical to play Hanging Rock on a weekend, the final scheduled show (Auckland) is on a weekend, and we cant be arsed waiting around for a full week to play one final show.

There is nothing going on in the band or crew's lives as far as I can see, which cant be so important that it cant be put off for a few days while the band rearrange a concert for 18,000 people who have paid a fortune for tickets and who have already had this show postponed before.

It should be rescheduled, regardless of what inconvenience it brings the band and crew. They should have made contingency plans to allow an extra week in the schedule as at their age, shows being postponed for ill health is always a possibility.

The Aussie fans have already been inconvenienced after what happened in March (which was no ones 'fault', nor is this show not taking place) and while illnesses happen, pulling the show twice and then not making all attempts possible to reschedule it is poor form.

Always a risk at their age, but this cavalier attitude to rescheduling concerts plus the high ratio of shows being rescheduled or pulled altogether in recent years is a major factor in me limited myself to one Stones gig a year now and for the forseeable future. Factor in non refundable flights, hotels,very pricey tickets and the fact that even going to two shows takes a week and its just not really practical for even a lot of long-time fans to follow them around in multiple cities anymore

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 7:24pm
Nothing worse than the disappointment of hearing a show is cancelled. Poor GotToRollMe had to console me in AC and I was literally throwing things across the hotel room.

My heart goes out to the fans who have waited years to see them and those who spent lots of $$ to travel.

I call BULLSHIT on the lack of rescheduling due to "other commitments".

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 7:25pm
The upside is that the fact that the band only play two shows a week now does give the rest of the tour a chance.

Mick going ahead and singing at Hanging Rock while not fully recovered could have ended up making things worse and leading to maybe 2 or 3 of the next shows having to be cancelled. Thats happened before.

They wont announce any further postponements until nearer the time of the shows in question anyway while they see if he improves or not but if he saw a doctor the day after Melbourne and was told to rest his voice for, say, 5-6 days or so, that does give him a good chance of being OK for Sydney.

Interesting that the fanvote choices for Hanging Rock were down from six songs to three. When he's having voice problems, they do often tailor the setlist so that he'll do songs which require less straining (ie, less ballads and certainly no Emotional Rescue or Worried about You!)

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 7:32pm
Now maybe they will have the time to sign those 1150 coffee table books

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #22 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 8:00pm
I feel their pain ~ this is a huge disappointment for the Aussies. On the other hand, MICK has to protect his vocals and all of the touring and traveling is taking a toll on him. I am absolutely sure MICK isn't faking it and he probably feels terrible both physically and professionally about canceling the show.

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 9:43pm
The press are starting to flesh out the story (mid afternoon on date of cancellation):

From the Herald-Sun

Macedon Ranges mayor Roger Jukes said the cancellation would disrupt local tourism operators, with many concertgoers arriving from Melbourne or interstate today.

“Obviously Frontier would be covered by insurance for a cancellation such as this but local tourism operators can’t,” he said.

“People will be arriving this morning or this afternoon and now they have the concert cancelled on them.”

Glen Erin Lancefield proprietor Kim Scales said 28 Rolling Stones fans were due to stay at her hotel.

Mrs Scales said concerts often created accommodation havoc in the Macedon Ranges for people involved in other events such as weddings.

“Scheduling the Hanging Rock concerts is not helpful for us as a business,” she said.

“We have limited rooms and weddings booked every weekend through to March. I’ve been to each concert and they are great, but scheduling them on a Sunday or a long weekend would actually help tourism operators more.”

In the past wedding guests had been forced to stay as far as 40 minutes away, she said.

From The Age

The cancellation of the Hanging Rock show a second time will come as a substantial financial blow to fans travelling to the Macedon Ranges, who might have to make the best of a weekend there given losses incurred by cancelling travel and accommodation.

Justin Quintner and his 13-year-old son Andre travelled to Melbourne from Darwin via Adelaide early Thursday morning for the Hanging Rock show, but will leave disappointed on Sunday night.

Mr Quitner, a music teacher, told Fairfax Media he was $2000 out of pocket with flights, accommodation and tickets and felt "the show must go on" with so many people revising plans after the band's original tour dates were rescheduled.

"We've been waiting all year and this week we thought we might see them," he said.

"I sort of held my breath because it's a pretty busy tour schedule. I think Mick's an amazing person who can inspire a whole lot of people ... but it's not happening"

Making the long trip from Darwin with his son was "about inspring people to see rock'n'roll", Mr Quitner said.

Macedon Ranges mayor Roger Jukes said despite the disappointment, locals "have been busy looking for alternatives".

"There is a fair bit of disappointment in the community since we've now had a second cancellation, [but] both times have been out of our control," Cr Jukes said.

The local economy would take a hit, but the mayor believes local businesses can still come up with the goods.

"We're working hard to get the 20,000 people to still come and utilise those bookings - there's lots to do in the Macedon Ranges."

Concerts at Hanging Rock have proved big business for the region: last year Bruce Springsteen's two shows there generated $9.7 million, according to council figures.

Insurance against illness means the Rolling Stones themselves will lose comparatively little financially but they will no doubt be feeling the frustration after restarting the 14 on Fire tour in Norway in May, two months after Scott was found hanged in her Manhattan apartment on March 17.

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2014 at 10:01pm by MarshallG »  

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #24 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 10:14pm
'Lucozade and Laurel & Hardy for Mr Jagger!'

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #25 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:00am
From Keith's Facebook:

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:23am
This sucks for the fans that had tickets.  What is it with the guys playing Down Under?  Something weird always seems to happen.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #27 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 7:16am
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Nov 6th, 2014 at 10:14pm:
'Lucozade and Laurel & Hardy for Mr Jagger!'

A Band that is prepared to charge $5000 for a book certainly doesn't give two shits about a show fans have paid hundreds of dollars to go and see. On Fire Indeed! Let the show go on and use the backups if you have to.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 8:12am
Keith, all is NOT well for the fans who need to see you guys in concert.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #29 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 8:39am
" This sucks for the fans that had tickets.  What is it with the guys playing Down Under?  Something weird always seems to happen. "

...  !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 8:57am
Mick should take an emergen-c and go to work.

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #31 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 10:02am
These guys really should have written more instrumental pieces...it would help at times like this.

Why not bust out the Winos or New Barbarians?
Even a cruise liner has lifeboats

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #32 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 10:51am
munichhilton wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 10:02am:
These guys really should have written more instrumental pieces...it would help at times like this.

Where's the "like" button on this board ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:39pm

Let Keith and Ronnie sing the entire gig!  That would be something new.

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #34 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:54pm
AngieBlue wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:39pm:

Let Keith and Ronnie sing the entire gig!  That would be something new.

I gotta think there's a whole boatload of people, me amongst them that would feel we lucked into the best concert opportunity in years...and even more people who would take that over a cancellation...

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:05pm
What a bunch of selfish wankers. People travel from all over the world and they can't reschedule. Oh I forgot, they are too busy falling off piles of money. Let the fan boy/girl attack commence.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #36 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:09pm
It's happened to me twice -- Syracuse '97 and Atlantic City in 2006 or whenever.

And yeah it sucks.  Especially AC, because the reason was not sickness.

But I'd rather see a rescheduled show with Mick singing right and not sounding like crap.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #37 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Off to Sydney...Is my Suite ready?
Have dinner reservations been secured??
Maybe a trip to the countryside, whatta ya say?? Charlie...Ronny...Lisa...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #38 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:14pm
nankerphelge wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:09pm:
It's happened to me twice -- Syracuse '97 and Atlantic City in 2006 or whenever.

But I'd rather see a rescheduled show with Mick singing right and not sounding like crap.

There were a whole bunch of Spanish shows in 2006/07 86'ed as well...for throat issues...or am I making that up??

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #39 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 2:03pm
Wanna hear bad throat Jagger - watch SNL from '78.

I'd rather Charlie sing the fucking show!
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2014 at 2:10pm by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #40 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 2:11pm
nankerphelge wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 2:03pm:
Wanna hear bad throat Jagger - watch SNL from '78.

I'd rather Charlie sing the fucking show!

I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! The coked out, shirt ripping screaming is so effin NYC in the 70's...

But nothing worse than Still Life...more like DIS-Satisfaction there at the end...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #41 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 4:41pm
AngieBlue wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 6:23am:
This sucks for the fans that had tickets.  What is it with the guys playing Down Under?  Something weird always seems to happen.

http://youtu.be/Fdqwbs8uKwQ

IP Logged

Roostah
Rocks Off Regular

I've found my bastard
children !!

Portland, Oregon
Reply #42 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Limit Jagger's singing, let him dance.

ACTIVATE MICK TAYLOR for multiple songs, weaving guitars with Keith and Ronnie............OZ would be pleased!!! No?

If you see my little red rooster won't you pleeze drive 'em home!! ...

IP Logged

straycatuk
Rocks Off Regular

Northern England
Reply #43 - Nov 8th, 2014 at 1:10am
At least it's warm here ! Hope he gets well for Sydney .
I think they should have rescheduled..I couldn't have made it as I fly home in a week , but feel sorry for fans down here.. Seen a few miserable lost souls in Stones t shirts around Melbourne today.....sad sad sad
sc uk

outcasts all their lives

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #44 - Nov 8th, 2014 at 10:14am
To paraphrase Lady Jane...

"We need a fucking tour (or at least a good leg)...without a glitch!!

Jagger better consider remodeling the future tours. Not just for Plab Bs and such...but to
take it down a notch...all the traveling...the venues...the songs...they do seem to be taking their toll a bit. Flying around alone tears the throat up. At his age, all those antibiotics are also not good for him...Jagger does not strike me as the homeopathic herb and tincture type.

Large theater residencies would be a great solution...the reduction of overhead alone would make gobs of money for the poor ole Stones

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #45 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:13am
MICK has a big job delivering powerful lyrics. Bernard could carry the vocals flawlessly, but the fans aren't there to see Bernard and Lisa, they want MICK and the boys. However the band should consider highlighting them more to relieve some stress for MICK. Adding Mick T and Keef's vocals would be cool, but Ronnie's voice is rough. They could also increase KEEFs set to 3 songs, which only happened once that I can recall. I think the fans would enjoy that, but for MICK to give that up will be a big step in admitting he isn't as good as he used to be. A tough pill to swallow.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #46 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:25am
Paranoid Android wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:14pm:
nankerphelge wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 1:09pm:

There were a whole bunch of Spanish shows in 2006/07 86'ed as well...for throat issues...or am I making that up??

You are correct. A couple in August 2006. Just before they played the UK dates.

Also happened in August 2003 -  they were due to play back to back nights in Amsterdam, then after a day off, back to back nights in London. Mick got sick in Amsterdam and the second Amsterdam show and the first London had to be rescheduled to a month later. It was at this point that Mick was advised never to sing two nights in a row again. (So, a pair of back to back shows at Wembley Arena for Sept 14 & 15 were changed to 13th and 15th).

There were a few shows pulled in June 1998 too. The European tour had already been postponed for a few weeks after Keith cracked ribs falling off a bookcase, and then when the tour did start, Mick developed throat problems and a couple of shows (Italy and Spain I think) were cancelled.

The No Security tour in early 1999 also had shows rescheduled due to Mick developing voice problems early on. Shows in San Jose had to be rescheduled to the end of the tour.

And the "Live at the 10 Spot" MTV special in October 1997 had to be rescheduled as Mick had a throat problem. MTV got David Bowie to perform on the date the Stones were due to play instead.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:27am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #47 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 6:40pm
Sick Mick touches down in Sydney but will he be well enough to perform on Wednesday?

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH NOVEMBER 10, 2014 10:11AM

A private jet carrying the band touched down in Sydney shortly after 6pm from Melbourne giving fans the first glimpse of the band ahead of the week’s concert.

A question mark is hanging over The Rolling Stones Sydney concert, with a source close to the band revealing Mick Jagger is still recovering from a serious throat infection. It will be a nervous wait for rock n’roll fans ahead of Wednesday night’s scheduled show, after the cancellation of a Rolling Stones concert in Victoria last week because of Jagger’s ill-health.

While Frontier Touring is yet to release an official statement on Jagger’s health, a source close to the band said the rockers were keen to get up to settle in to their Sydney hotel so Jagger could continue “resting for the next couple of days”.

It is a sign that Jagger’s illness may yet affect other planned shows on the tour, although the revered band is trying everything to avoid another cancellation because of the loyalty shown by their fans.

The source close to the band said the throat problem had also affected a number of people working with The Rolling Stones.

“It’s going around the touring party,” he said. But, of course, only one man is expected to sing on centre stage. Jagger, 71, has been steadfastly taking doctors advice so he can be in full voice for the next show.

Despite the rave reviews for their other concerts, Jagger’s health issue tops off what has been a particularly tough year for the Stones in relation to their Australian tour. The entire tour was postponed in March after the death of Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott.

The cancellation of the band’s scheduled Hanging Rock performance last week was accompanied by a statement from The Rolling Stones which said they were “incredibly disappointed ... but left with no other option”.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #48 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:55pm
Who is the girl in the airplane photo trailing behind Sick Mick??

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 4:29am
Bitch wrote on Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:55pm:
Who is the girl in the airplane photo trailing behind Sick Mick??

Kinda looks like Jane Rose.

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #50 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 6:38pm
From

Rolling Stones Hanging Rock gig may go ahead after all

Broadcaster Eddie McGuire said there is a “glimmer”of hope tour promoter Michael Gudinski might be in negotiations with the Stones to consider a new show date after they perform in Auckland, New Zealand, on November 22.

Unconfirmed sources claim talks for a new show are focused on dates from November 27 to 29.

But, on his Triple M Hot Breakfast program today, McGuire urged caution about a new Hanging Rock date.

“Maybe, maybe, maybe,” McGuire said. “Nothing is confirmed. But with the goodwill of the Rolling Stones and Michael Gudinski doing his best for all the punters ... maybe something will happen at the end of this month.”

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #51 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 3:01pm
I'll be amazed if they do after confirming the show as 'cancelled' as opposed to 'postponed' but it would be fantastic news if it happened.

... ... ...
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #52 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 6:04pm
Hopefully they will be able to fit it in.

Now that's better!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)