Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will Farrell and a B-list Super Group doing HTW for charity (Read 731 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Will Farrell and a B-list Super Group doing HTW for charity
Sep 21st, 2014 at 7:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Certainly not the worst I have ever heard...pretty good actually...all for a great cause!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drumming rivals and look-a-likes Will Ferrell and Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chili Peppers took the stage together Friday night in Seattle. They were part of a benefit for Cancer for College.

They were able to put their differences and similar looks behind them to do a version of the Rolling Stones’ “Honky Tonk Woman”. The two were joined on stage by Brandi Carlile, Stefan Lessard from the Dave Matthews Band, Mike McCready from Pearl Jam and Guns and Roses’ Duff McKagan. According to Consequence of Sound, the super group is collectively known as “I Pissed My Pants”. Ferrell broke out the cow bell for the song. He probably could have used more of it.
The evening was dedicated to Cancer for College which helps provide college scholarships for cancer survivors.

The after effects of their Tonight Show Drum Off can still be seen. The bad feelings of the rivalry between Will Ferrell and Chad Smith show up at about the 2:45 mark. A drumstick is thrown, but cooler heads prevail.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2014 at 7:55pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Will Farrell and a B-list Super Group doing HTW for charity
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:46pm
I would hardly call Mike McCready B list. he's as good as anybody else playing today.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Will Farrell and a B-list Super Group doing HTW for charity
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 7:36pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:46pm:
I would hardly call Mike McCready B list. he's as good as anybody else playing today.

"B-list" is hardly an insult...but McCready is certainly not even close to being a household name though, is he?
Except for McKagan, I knew none of the other folks by name alone...only by the connected band...and even then...it was hardly an "Oh Yeah!" moment...couldn't even tell you what they play...but that is just me, right?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)