Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classic Rolling Stones films streaming on Facebook (Read 1,074 times)
Luke_Littleboy
I'm new!!

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Classic Rolling Stones films streaming on Facebook
Sep 17th, 2014 at 4:40am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hi there,

I'm really pleased that the moderators were good enough to let me post this news update on here. I just wanted to update you guys on a new streaming release from the band.

I work at Screenburn Media and we've put together an app with Rolling Stones' management and Eagle Rock Entertainment to make a number of the group's classic concert movies and documentaries available to stream directly from their Facebook page.

The app can be accessed on the following link - and you can stream the movies using your regular Facebook login; http://bit.ly/rolling-stones-movies-facebook 

I've included the press release below so you get the full update and feel free to get in touch if you have any further thoughts or questions at all!

The Rolling Stones help to launch new online video distribution model with Eagle Rock Entertainment

The Rolling Stones are set to release their catalogue of official concert films and documentaries direct to fans through their Facebook page.

An app on the page will offer fans a unique opportunity to discover and stream the titles online. Fans can also find the films through their news feed.

The app includes the triumphant ‘Sweet Summer Sun’ Hyde Park reunion show alongside classic performances such as ‘Some Girls’ recorded on their 1978 US tour and ‘Live at the Checkerboard’ from Chicago in 1981. Key documentaries which chart the band’s remarkable history such as ‘Stones in Exile’ and ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ will also be available to stream.

Eagle Rock Entertainment oversees many of the band’s home video releases and is streaming the films with Screenburn, an innovative Facebook VoD platform which enables the sale of video content from a Facebook page.

London-based start-up Screenburn Media has already seen success with films from Katy Perry and Paul McCartney and recently secured $500,000 in angel investment in addition to board appointments of high profile industry figures including Zodiak Rights Chief Executive Steve Macallister and former Arts Alliance Media CEO Howard Kiedaisch.

Screenburn founder and director Tom Raffe said: “We are very proud to be streaming titles from the iconic Rolling Stones film catalogue through our platform. One of the advantages of Screenburn is we are able to connect fans directly with the movies and documentaries they love on Facebook and we’re thrilled to make these classic films available to Stones fans.”

The films are available to stream from the Rolling Stones’ official Facebook page by clicking the ‘Watch Now’ tab.   

-ENDS-
Notes to editors:

Movies available on the app:
Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live: The Rolling Stones historic and triumphant return to Hyde Park was without doubt the event of last summer. Over 100,000 delirious fans of all ages packed into the park for two spectacular outdoor concerts to watch Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood do what they do best.

Crossfire Hurricane: The film, directed by Brett Morgen, is released as part of the ongoing 50th anniversary celebrations of The Rolling Stones. This superb new film tells the story of the Stones unparalleled journey from blues obsessed teenagers in the early sixties to their undisputed status as rock royalty.

Ladies & Gentlemen: The legendary concert film “Ladies & Gentlemen…The Rolling Stones” has been fully restored and remastered from the original film print and multitrack audio masters and now finally receives its first authorised release.
Some Girls: The Rolling Stones 1978 tour of the USA in support of that year’s “Some Girls” album is considered by fans to be one of their very best. The tour followed immediately on the release of the “Some Girls” album and by the time the band arrived in Texas in mid-July the album had hit the No.1 spot on the US charts.

Stones in Exile: In the spring of 1971 the Rolling Stones departed the UK to take up residence in France as tax exiles. Keith Richards settled at a villa called Nellcôte in Villefranche-sur-Mer and this became the venue for the recording of much of the band’s masterpiece “Exile On Main Street”.

Live at the Checkerboard: On 22 November 1981, in the middle of their mammoth American tour, the Rolling Stones arrived in Chicago prior to playing 3 nights at the Rosemont Horizon. Long influenced by the Chicago blues, the band paid a visit to Muddy Waters’ club the Checkerboard Lounge to see the legendary bluesman perform.

Websites:
www.rollingstones.com
www.eagle-rock.com
www.screenburn.com

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Classic Rolling Stones films streaming on Facebook
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 6:11am
So...will Mick Jagger now know all my shopping habits and be able to know my location 24/7??

If so...he had better come and say HI and THANK YOU for all his support throughout the years!

Seriously though, this sounds like quite the venture for the RS machine...thanks for posting and welcome to RO!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 7:20am
Thanks, Luke. Happy to be of help,

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Luke_Littleboy
I'm new!!

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 10:35am
Glad you guys are happy to see this stuff on the Stones' Facebook - I was happy to get the word out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)