Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Keith confirms solo album; eyes June release (Read 5,780 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Keith confirms solo album; eyes June release
Reply #25 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
If Keith really wanted to plug his new record he'd pick the best track and use it for one of his 2 mid show tunes. Actually that would be pretty cool but of course just my pipe dream...like Keith having one song and Ronnie having one as well mid set.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 1:51pm
Mel Belli wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:11pm:
Gazza wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 11:36am:
The U2 album is solid but nothing special. I listened to it the whole way through when I got it on i-tunes - but havent felt the need to repeat the experience right away. I'm playing the new Ryan Adams album a lot more.

I think U2 have been coasting for years. No Line On the Horizon - their last one - was unlistenable.  This one's decent enough, but the spark they had up to the mid 90s or so definitely isnt there anymore.

Am I alone among iTunes' 500 million users in that I can't figure out how to play the damn thing? It says it's purchased, and yet it's not showing up on my list of purchases. It's not in my music library either. Wtf?

You're not alone. A few people have mentioned this problem.

I just went into the i tunes store, searched for it and 'bought' it (although its listed as 'free'). That should do it.

Meggy put this advice on my facebook page when someone asked about how to find it.

"Go to the iTunes store and along the side is a list. Click "purchased" all your purchases show up there as well as the U2 album. There is a little "cloud" inside the photo of the album- click it and it will ask for your apple ID and then the album will download to your iTunes library".

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:09pm
gimmekeef wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:25pm:
If Keith really wanted to plug his new record he'd pick the best track and use it for one of his 2 mid show tunes. Actually that would be pretty cool but of course just my pipe dream...like Keith having one song and Ronnie having one as well mid set.

It's a Stones show, not a Winos gig. Playing solo material wouldn't happen. Enough people walk out during his set, and his set is based upon Stones songs. Even more would go if there was solo material. Jagger would never go for it either. And probably not Keith.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #28 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 9:45pm
Gazza wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
Mel Belli wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 12:11pm:
Gazza wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 11:36am:
The U2 album is solid but nothing special. I listened to it the whole way through when I got it on i-tunes - but havent felt the need to repeat the experience right away. I'm playing the new Ryan Adams album a lot more.

I think U2 have been coasting for years. No Line On the Horizon - their last one - was unlistenable.  This one's decent enough, but the spark they had up to the mid 90s or so definitely isnt there anymore.

Am I alone among iTunes' 500 million users in that I can't figure out how to play the damn thing? It says it's purchased, and yet it's not showing up on my list of purchases. It's not in my music library either. Wtf?

You're not alone. A few people have mentioned this problem.

I just went into the i tunes store, searched for it and 'bought' it (although its listed as 'free'). That should do it.

Meggy put this advice on my facebook page when someone asked about how to find it.

"Go to the iTunes store and along the side is a list. Click "purchased" all your purchases show up there as well as the U2 album. There is a little "cloud" inside the photo of the album- click it and it will ask for your apple ID and then the album will download to your iTunes library".

I just downloaded it for free as well...............But I like GK's idea of Keith doing 1 new song in his set. What the hell.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)