Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stones Recording Another Album .. ? .. from Ian (Read 8,696 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Stones Recording Another Album .. ? .. from Ian
Aug 4th, 2014 at 5:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Sure.. this isn't exactly 110% trustworthy.

Sure .. we have heard this how many times in the past and it didn't happen ..

Sure.. they still have to tour in October.. ..

BUT SURE they "will" record another album.. if all are healthy.  They may not be anywhere near as wanting to always go in the studio as they were back when. Sure they have been in a considerable dry spell over the past.. 15 years BUT they do still plan to record and yes.. if they are all well.. they will record another album.

Still even with that said.. this report could easily be complete rubbish -

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Stones Recording Another Album .. ? .. from Ian
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 8:14am

" BUT SURE they "will" record another album.. if all are healthy.  They may not be anywhere near as wanting to always go in the studio as they were back when. Sure they have been in a considerable dry spell over the past.. 15 years BUT they do still plan to record and yes.. if they are all well.. they will record another album.  "

Ian   ................... Stones Is Stones Baby !!!!!!!   ...... Bigger than ALL of Us !!!!!!!!!

" Hit Me Ronnie !!!!  "

Joey Richards ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 9:17am
Yesss I can feel it.
A new album.
And it will be their best album since ABB.
And I will buy this album, yes sir!
And put it in a secret place where no one can find it.
not even me.
And then I wait.
till the next tour is being announced.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 11:47am

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:55pm
Ian Billen wrote on Aug 4th, 2014 at 5:24am:

Ian

What 'report' ?

The media mass one SCL mentions above?

See here about halfway down :

http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1406561877

A quick look at that site will show you its 100% garbage from start to finish.

A comeback (!) tour in 2015 and Charlie has been urging his twitter followers to pray for his sick dog, if you believe that nonsense.

As Abraham Lincoln said "Dont believe everything you read on the internet".

Mick will be busy until the Stones go on the road again promoting the James Brown movie and working on "The Long Play" with Scorsese.

Keith's album will be out on UMG in a matter of weeks/months. Its finished. Just a matter of a release date now he has a distribution deal for it.

The Stones' next album will be an i-tunes download of duets from the 50 and Counting Tour, according to our friend soldatti. . 

If they're writing songs for albums, it'll be for solo albums. That smaller target audience are the ones who want new material. The band's target audience arent interested, theyve no record deal obliging them to make one and the financial rewards are minimal, so there's no motivation to make a new record, when they can make more by playing two or three concerts.

They're also going to be pretty much tied up with performing until next spring at least and possibly the summer.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

wiseblood
Rocks Off Regular

Wading pools and beer
on a hot summer day...

Boston, MA
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 2:45pm
I know they're north of 70 at this point (minus young Ronnie at 67), but they really need to get someone in the studio with them that will challenge them to be the Rolling Stones again.  I like Don's work on Voodoo Lounge, but the subsequent efforts saw a band that was truly allowed to do whatever the fuck they so desired. 

ABB was OKAY, but great?  Nah.  I don't give a fuck about them "returning to form" (did they ever leave?  nope...just another silly cliche Rolling Stone writers like to throw on old bands) or doing a trip down memory lane and doing some kind of contrived blues project.  BB King and Clapton did that already and look what happened (OUCH!).  Just write some good songs and do something that will make all Stones fans proud.

Come on queenie, let's shake it.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 3:50pm
When you see other heritage acts releasing occasionally strong albums in their 60's or even having some kind of ethos about continuing to write and record, its a bit disappointing to say the least that the Stones have chosen to be the exception and go for the easy option of nostalgia.

In recent years, Mick has channelled his remaining songwriting chops into writing new lyrics for unfinished 1970's demos and now Keith - who has been pretty much AWOL as a writer for two decades - has chosen to devote his creative juices into a solo album instead of a Stones record, it kinda speaks volumes for how they see their creative future.

I liked what Mick did on Exile/Some Girls reissues and I'm really looking forward to Keith's record, but its evident that both of them have pretty much put the kibosh on any bonafide 'new' Stones record happening again. They're simply not interested.

... ... ...
IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 7:29pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:55pm:
Charlie has been urging his twitter followers to pray for his sick dog, if you believe that nonsense.

Hey, I am praying for that dog. And I would appreciate if you would call him by his name --> "Spinee." Here is a picture of Spinee; never forget that name: 

Maybe if you'd stop your dog-hating verbosity this planet would be a much nicer place to inhabit. As a matter of fact, I'm going to start praying for all of you naysayers. Everytime one of those things goes to doggy heaven, Charlie is even less willing to play for a famous rock and roll band. This is more serious than the California drought.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #8 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 7:30pm
I'd like another hit/high falsetto song. You know what happens by 9am.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 7:27pm
You never know, they could release something from prior studio time. They were recording in Jersey City for a week last year and we never really knew what they did there. I think they were in a studio in Paris before the shows in 2012 too. There could be some songs already started that just need to be finished up. I think they will release something again!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 6:18pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:55pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Aug 4th, 2014 at 5:24am:

Ian

What 'report' ?

The media mass one SCL mentions above?

See here about halfway down :

http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1406561877

A quick look at that site will show you its 100% garbage from start to finish.

A comeback (!) tour in 2015 and Charlie has been urging his twitter followers to pray for his sick dog, if you believe that nonsense.

As Abraham Lincoln said "Dont believe everything you read on the internet".

Mick will be busy until the Stones go on the road again promoting the James Brown movie and working on "The Long Play" with Scorsese.

Keith's album will be out on UMG in a matter of weeks/months. Its finished. Just a matter of a release date now he has a distribution deal for it.

The Stones' next album will be an i-tunes download of duets from the 50 and Counting Tour, according to our friend soldatti. . 

If they're writing songs for albums, it'll be for solo albums. That smaller target audience are the ones who want new material. The band's target audience aren't interested, theyve no record deal obliging them to make one and the financial rewards are minimal, so there's no motivation to make a new record, when they can make more by playing two or three concerts.

They're also going to be pretty much tied up with performing until next spring at least and possibly the summer.

Gaza.. and everyone... I apologize for not including the link.

this is indeed the link as was posted after my initial message. 

Gazza ... I think you took this post with a little more seriousness than I intended it to be. My comment of the fact that it isn't 110% trust worthy actually was sarcastic (I would say this post has a 30-35% probability of having "'any" real substance if you really want my honest opinion).

with that said... I am not saying your mistaken but brother, mate, partner .. this Keith Richards album you keep talking about I never hear of. Sure I saw he was working on one and in a studio once or twice but hell that was before The Stones got rolling lol. Your saying this solo album needs this and that and brother I gotta tell you:

1. There is no way this supposed finished solo album I have been hearing about forever will be released before The Stones finish all shows ...and that looks to be not until next year. Keith Richards is not going to release a new studio album in the middle of a Rolling Stones tour.. nor will his management figure that to be inline.

2. Your talking about the distribution of his album and them working out the logistics of it not being all worked out yet and blah blah blah (I have been hearing this forever). Look .. the guy is a legendary guitarist. A multi-millionaire. IF he had an album AND IF they wanted to release it...there would be no way on this planet it would ever be so darn difficult?

The truth is... I am not convinced he has any sort of finished album... and as I told you about six months ago... until I hear of a name for this album and a release date.. I am not sold he ever finished what sporadic (to put it kindly) work he actually did on the thing.

Lastly .. though I feel the above post to be basically garbage as I said... I still feel they will record another album. No it's not at the top of their list of to-do's ... to put it very kindly .. but after this set of shows that will be in the cards as their next order of business if The Stones continue in my opinion .. (again as their next project).

As far as This KR solo album I keep hearing about... I consider it a phantom and a few recording sessions... nothing more. Like I said if he had one and / or if they wanted to release it there would be no way on this green planet it would be that difficult for a name with money and pull like Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. Truth to me is... there really is no finished solo album .. not even close.

To put it into perspective well over a year ago (June of 2013) he mentioned in Mojo Magazine that he was "polishing" a solo album and that he already had been working on it for a few years. Gazza... we are looking at three years here.. that was over 14 months ago he said he was "polishing" it?? .. and that was considering he had already been working on it for a couple years at that point. Gazza... this thing is well over three years and no official anything lol.. and now you think he is going to put it out when The Stones are on tour?? Bro .... come on the thing isn't done and it shows no sign of being completed. This working project is like "at least"  three years old... yet I keep hearing its coming? What could possibly be the hold up? This thing is well over three years and over a year ago he said he was polishing it up lol (I am having a hard time swallowing theres any album close to completed... we haven't even heard any offical time frame and the things over three years  old so that is where I leave that.

Secondly... I think The Stones have more chance of putting out an album by next year this time over any supposed KR solo thing I keep hearing is somewhere out there but they can't get the logistics worked out .. .. 
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2014 at 11:52pm by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 6:54am
with that said... I am not saying your mistaken but brother, mate, partner .. this Keith Richards album you keep talking about I never hear of. Sure I saw he was working on one and in a studio once or twice but hell that was before The Stones got rolling lol. Your saying this solo album needs this and that and brother I gotta tell you:

1. There is no way this supposed finished solo album I have been hearing about forever will be released before The Stones finish all shows ...and that looks to be not until next year. Keith Richards is not going to release a new studio album in the middle of a Rolling Stones tour.. nor will his management figure that to be inline.

You may go with your hunch, I'll trust my quoted source (TeddyB) considering he er...knows Keith personally. They now have a distribution deal for it with UMG. He's never wrong about this stuff.

There's no negative impact whatsoever on a product - solo or otherwise - on a Stones tour. Even a Stones album makes minimal impact as they dont promote it and most concert attendees wont buy it anyway. They're far more likely to spend five times as much on a shite t-shirt than a musical product that has anything to do with the Stones or a band member.

Solo projects are a niche market for Stones fans. Hell, in 2014 even a new Rolling Stones album is a niche market when you compare it to the number of people who will spend fifty times as much on a concert ticket instead.

Dont forget also, that Keith released "Wingless Angels" a few weeks after Bridges To Babylon came out and a month or two into that tour. It did no harm.

And THAT project took over 20 years to come to fruition. He was first talking about it on that notorious BBC interview in 1974 to promote IORR when he looked like he was nodding off in mid-sentence.

It seems Keith's a dabbler when it comes to any project outside of the Stones. I can understand the scepticism, but in this case, his record does appear to be just waiting for a release date. They may indeed defer it if they feel it may coincide with another released product but releasing it during a spell of touring is no longer relevant. The lines are a lot more blurred than they were two or three decades ago. Different band, different industry, different touring ethos too. 

The bottom line is, though, if he's prepared to spend YEARS on and off putting a solo record together that presumably is mostly self-written material - despite not having contributed as an equal partner to what little the Stones have done since 1997 - then that doesnt bode well for him having much incentive to make a Rolling Stones record.

Combine that with his lack of inspiration and output in the last two decades, the dysfunctional relationship with his main collaborator who lives on the other side of the planet, the band's ethos changing to that of an almost exclusively nostalgia act instead of a creative and 'active' unit, the lack of money to be made in releasing a new record despite months of effort when compared to playing a couple of shows, the band's reluctance to play their new songs in concert, the fact that they're touring regularly and selling out venues despite having no product to promote, the collapse of the record industry and the fact that the Stones have no contractual obligation to ever record another note of new music, and its hard to make a logical case that isnt motivated by romanticised wishful thinking for them being arsed to make a new record.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2014 at 7:47am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 12:58pm
So what you're saying Gazza, is that a new rarities IS on the horizon. Good news..., very good news

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 5:01pm
I started to hear the rush of a New Stones SONG Halucinnating

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Bitch wrote on Aug 5th, 2014 at 7:27pm:
You never know, they could release something from prior studio time. They were recording in Jersey City for a week last year and we never really knew what they did there. I think they were in a studio in Paris before the shows in 2012 too. There could be some songs already started that just need to be finished up. I think they will release something again!

They werent recording in New Jersey in May 2012, though. They were rehearsing as they hadnt played in a while (they did a bit in New York before moving on to a rehearsal space in Weehawken. It was a follow up to the rehearsal in London in December 2011 and the last day was filmed for use in 'Crossfire Hurricane' but not used)

The recording session in Paris in August 2012 lasted about three days. The songs from that session were included on 'Grrr!'.

Those couple of days were the only recording session they've had in the last nine years. And hardly any (if any at all) of the ABB sessions featured all four band members playing in the same room together.

This was the story we broke on the NYC session, and that it was just a jam session
http://rocksoff.org/cgi-bin/messageboard/YaBB.pl?num=1335918841/0

and this was Keith's confirmation some time later that the session in NJ was much the same thing :
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stones-gather-to-plot-50th-annive...

One of the 'two good sources' mentioned who told me about the NY session is the same person who confirmed the Keith solo album referred to earlier in this thread.....

I think we'll probably get more rewritten and reworked old songs included on deluxe versions of old albums, in the way that they (or rather Mick) did for the Some Girls and Exile reissues. A Sticky Fingers deluxe has been highly rumoured for a while, although that seems to have been put on the backburner once they decided to put out the 'Sweet Summer Sun' CD/DVD package instead. I dont know how far along that project is, however - it seems to have gone pretty quiet.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2014 at 6:25pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 1:35am
Gazza wrote on Aug 7th, 2014 at 6:54am:

You may go with your hunch, I'll trust my quoted source (TeddyB) considering he er...knows Keith personally. They now have a distribution deal for it with UMG. He's never wrong about this stuff.

There's no negative impact whatsoever on a product - solo or otherwise - on a Stones tour. Even a Stones album makes minimal impact as they dont promote it and most concert attendees wont buy it anyway. They're far more likely to spend five times as much on a shite t-shirt than a musical product that has anything to do with the Stones or a band member.

Solo projects are a niche market for Stones fans. Hell, in 2014 even a new Rolling Stones album is a niche market when you compare it to the number of people who will spend fifty times as much on a concert ticket instead.

Dont forget also, that Keith released "Wingless Angels" a few weeks after Bridges To Babylon came out and a month or two into that tour. It did no harm.

And THAT project took over 20 years to come to fruition. He was first talking about it on that notorious BBC interview in 1974 to promote IORR when he looked like he was nodding off in mid-sentence.

It seems Keith's a dabbler when it comes to any project outside of the Stones. I can understand the scepticism, but in this case, his record does appear to be just waiting for a release date. They may indeed defer it if they feel it may coincide with another released product but releasing it during a spell of touring is no longer relevant. The lines are a lot more blurred than they were two or three decades ago. Different band, different industry, different touring ethos too. 

The bottom line is, though, if he's prepared to spend YEARS on and off putting a solo record together that presumably is mostly self-written material - despite not having contributed as an equal partner to what little the Stones have done since 1997 - then that doesnt bode well for him having much incentive to make a Rolling Stones record.

Combine that with his lack of inspiration and output in the last two decades, the dysfunctional relationship with his main collaborator who lives on the other side of the planet, the band's ethos changing to that of an almost exclusively nostalgia act instead of a creative and 'active' unit, the lack of money to be made in releasing a new record despite months of effort when compared to playing a couple of shows, the band's reluctance to play their new songs in concert, the fact that they're touring regularly and selling out venues despite having no product to promote, the collapse of the record industry and the fact that the Stones have no contractual obligation to ever record another note of new music, and its hard to make a logical case that isnt motivated by romanticised wishful thinking for them being arsed to make a new record.

Naturally a solo release during a Stones tour will not effect a Stones tour in any way shape or form.. it just wouldn't make much sense. One project at a time. The Wingless Angels thing in 97 was a little different than Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender. I can't see either of those two being released during Stones activity/touring... and this is what it would be like. Again ... it just makes no sense and is almost defacing The Stones in a sense.

As far as the distribution deal.... it can't be that hard. He is Keith Richards.. lol ..He does play for the Rolling Stones.  He had no problems getting a distribution deal in the past.. I can't see that being a problem. There are pretty crappy, grade B artists that get them...can't see why that would be tough for Keith Richards.

I still am not buying this whole finished solo thing.. it is turning into Keith Richard's version of Chinese Democracy .. without any hype or official commentary.  Been over three years and still no official anything.. and The Stones are touring coming up. Not seein it happening (before..during or even well after The Stones shows).

I'm not going back and forth over this but Gazza... if he had an album ready... after like three and a half years.. it would of came out if that is what it was about. Here we are and there is this whimper of a Keith album every now and again .. not even officially... I just am not seein it.

I look at it this way... either it sucks horribly and they are determining whether it is even worth putting it out. 2. It is no where near finished. or 3. There is no "official" plan of a solo album anymore and there was never a real strong plan in that. Once there was a small movement in that direction. A few sessions.. nothing more. Since then it has been back shelved. That seems like the more realistic situation at this point.

I am not saying your guy is making any of what he heard up .. but I gotta say... I see no real evidence or anything official. If Keith said it's coming out in the late fall or a record company said they were going to be releasing a KR solo record some time in the future that would be a little different. None of that has ever happened. How long can one go on murmurs and the odd mention of it after 3 and a half years and keep believing it's actually in place and ready to go coming out some time soon. Not me -

Ian

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2014 at 1:49am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:38am
Gazza must have the patience of a Saint to deal with Ian's yearly nonsense.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 7:33am
leonid wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:38am:

You'll never make a Saint of Gazza.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 5:21am
For what it's worth, I had a dream last night. I was not
piloting a plane...

The Stones had released a surprise album of tracks that
managed to sound both scraped-together and overly-
produced. Like some of the Exile bonus tracks. But from
the Vegas era. Entitled "Insolent and Indolent".

I and I!

MP3's free to download. No physical album. Just a bunch
of physical singles adding up to the entire album plus
bonus tracks. You would be able to buy all these singles
together in a box set for Christmas.

The featured tune was "Dead Certain (She Wants Me)".

The digital cover art was Mick and Keith hugging.
Sarcastically of course.

I liked the album very much.

(Duets album also coming soon. But you'll be expected
to pay for that one.)

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #19 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:04am
We'll know something is in the works when Kid Rock (remember him?) starts hanging around a studio somewhere trying to get in

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 8:56am
This has to be mentioned, even if it turns out to be
way off base...

1) My first point carries no weight, beyond minor
curiousity value: That dream I had about a scraped-
together free quicky album release, I forgot to say that it
was to compensate fans for something or other. Exactly
what wasn't clear in the dream.

2) Okay, now to the important stuff: As has been
mentioned, there have been reports that the 5-show run
in Buenos Aires will not happen because of their currency
crisis. Also, Mexican newspaper reports cited on IORR
have stated that the two Mexico City shows will not
happen either. And as you may know, the expected
participation of the Stones at Rock in Rio was never
announced and seems dead.

3) This probably means that the South American tour en
total
will not happen. If so, then nothing more may
happen in 2014/2015, in terms of Stones shows.

4) Why? Because South America was the heart of this
final push. 700,000 fans expected. The 200,000 downunder
were going to be just a warm-up for South America, with
the half-dozen rumored 2015 American and British dates a
big final piggy-backed cash-in on the other end. Without
South America, it just may not make much sense to rev
up the machine just to entertain a few kangaroos, koalas,
and kiwis.

5) Aside from the business angle, there are a few odd
facts that also deserve mention: The New York Post
reported two days ago that (paraphrasing from memory) "Mick
Jagger will unveil his documentary on
James Brown later this month. The film with never-
before-seen footage was made with the cooperation of
Brown’s estate, and screens for VIPs in New York, Oct 20,
before debuting on HBO a week later." No, the story
did not say that Mick would be there, but it would be
ususual for him not to be. On the other hand, if he was
there, he would of course not be in Australia rehearsing.

I would have given this story near-zero importance had
not someone asked about it on IORR and immediately had
their question get "disappeared", as if it had never
been asked.

6) I always thought "50 and Counting" could have an
unintended alternative meaning, that is "T minus 50 and
counting", that is, a countdown. So it is an odd
coincidence that there have now been exactly 51 shows
since 2012 (the 51st show in this scenario being the
"zero" in the countdown).

7) Lastly (and I think most importantly) I want to talk
about something strange hidden within the nearly-artless
logo for "14 On Fire". Notice if you will the diagonal part
of the "4" and how it gruesomely pierces the tongue logo.
The diagonal goes in behind the upper lip and emerges
in front of the lower lip. It is a spike right through
the head. The tongue is impaled. This is a weird detail
that could not be unintentional. It would have been so
easy to have the same logo without the impaling. And
then when you combine this with the implied background
flames, you then have the tongue logo being not just
crucified, but also burned at the stake. You must know
by now that Jagger does not do stuff like this by
accident.

8 ) So are we now seeing the crash of the Stones playing
out more or less as it was signaled in "Doom and Gloom"
and in the "14 On Fire" logo? With a free album to
cushion the pain?

How the hell would I know? 

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #21 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 10:48am
The time for a new album passed with the hype of the 50th.

We will get boxed sets of some kind, and like it.

Or not.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #22 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 12:07pm
.........]

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 8:21am
leonid wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:38am:

If you're counting Keith's statements on the late show as credit to Keith's album being already finished as he claimed it was...

I can claim my testimony as in being only "50%" non-sense.. He also stated in that same interview the very reason he isn't going to release it until next summer some time is because it would not be appropriate to do such during a Stones tour .. Another concept I was preaching which lots (presumably you) previously scoffed at.

Possibly we can agree to this..  You can concur that what I said is 1/2 non-sense .. (while I'll claim I'm half right .. )

Either way .. you can't stake any claim anything .. because you didn't really make one ... bahabahabahahaa  The real Rolling Stones tongue

Ian

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 8:31am
Gazza wrote on Aug 7th, 2014 at 6:54am:

I can't see my comment right now but I know I told you here (possibly even a few times) that Keith was saying his album was all finished a year and a half ago.

You asked me where I heard or saw that bc you were never aware of that .. .. ..

I looked for a little while on google and I came to the conclusion you are correct in that he never said it was finished.. he only mentioned he was working on it.

I can honestly say I don't know why I had in my head all this time that he either strongly alluded to, or said it was "almost finished" ..or basically said in so many words it WAS finished. I re-read like three or four excerpts over the past year and a half and he didn't say that. That was all there was on it.

I had in my head all along that he said that once or twice.

You were right about that. As well he is definitely saying it's recorded now as you stated (I just don't know how much I believe the guy Gazz .. secondly ..I don't know why you're are choosing to buy it this time from him... I don't know who is worse with Stones BS .. he or Ronnie lol). However I do realize you also heard from a couple outside sources they also said it was done (recorded at least).

Either way I wanted to come back and point out that you're right in that he never said that. I researched it. Incidentally this is why I was so darn frustrated with the whole thing and not seeing why everyone wasn't frustrated as much as I was (and to a major degree still am about it).

Still... it took him Waaaaay too long (even at that.. I am not convinced it's all recorded lol). All I can say is 1. I wouldn't bet the farm on it ever coming out and 2. .. I am not holding my breath for this one, Gazz (June?? In June the story will then be September-October... and then in September it will turn into "around the Holidays" .. just bein real .. .. .. ).

Ian
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 8:43am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)