Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Do we still hate the Eagles?

Hate them like either chlamydia and/or Joey's posts    
  11 (31.4%)
Hate them but not so much    
  2 (5.7%)
Meh    
  7 (20.0%)
Like them    
  10 (28.6%)
LOVE them like America, Apple pie and Fryday night Couchchat    
  5 (14.3%)

Total votes: 35
« Created by: Starbuck on: Jun 8th, 2014 at 10:00pm »

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc) (Read 49,164 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Jun 8th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Ladies and gentlemen

Listening to Steve Young's "Rock Salt and Nails" this evening and just wondering what the prevailing winds are concerning the Eagles. I personally have never stopped hating that insipid band, although the more music I listen to and the older I get, the less I completely despise them. After all, they did have sense enough to record good songs from time to time, like Young's "Seven Bridges Road", and Johnny Cash did do "Desperado" some justice.

Am I getting soft? After all…

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Re: Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 10:39pm
There are way much more hateful things in this world. Like Hitler, pedophiles, the KKK, corridas de toros, the dry law, mexican politicians, Adam Sandler movies, SuperHeavy, gangsta rap, brats that throw tantrums in public spaces or Youtube ads.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 1:58am
Indeed. I can't seem to work up a strong opinion one way or another.

Now Clapton...oh boy...

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Charlieville Virginny USA
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 5:50am
I use to love to get to the set position  for Peaceful Easy Feelin, it was in my bands set list, perfect song to light up, have a drink and put it on auto pilot.
Other than that, IMO, they were a girls band,
and I never got very excited about them or their music. As a cover band in the 70's and 80's, we played eagles music to please the crowd. Peaceful Easy Feelin was a "Belly rubber" we had 4 of them one per set. It was a chance to come down, give everyone in the crowd a chance to visit the bar, visit the bathroom, etc.
By the way Beast Of Burden was 1 of the other 3. That one was "Not" a auto pilot song though. Very drum lead!
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:11pm by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:34am
"  ..... although the more music I listen to and the older I get, the less I completely despise them. After all, they did have sense enough to record good songs from time to time, like Young's "Seven Bridges Road", and Johnny Cash did do "Desperado" some justice.   "

<   ----  The worm has turned for You .

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/mick-jagger-spends-weekend-myste...

"   ..............   L'Wren Scott's sister slams Mick Jagger after he's spotted with mystery woman at Swiss hotel: 'He will never change'
Photos emerged of The Rolling Stones front man shacking up with a young brunette in a Zurich hotel last weekend — about three months after his longtime girlfriend, fashion designer L’Wren Scott, committed suicide. Her sister Jan Shane was outraged at the rocker for moving on so quickly: 'And people wonder why L’Wren was so depressed?'   "

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/mick-jagger-spends-weekend-myste...

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:08am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Bucky?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 5:24pm
I strongly dislike Queen, Rush and Sir EJ...

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 6:07pm
I like Queen.  I like the Eagles.  So be it.  I despise Rush.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:17pm
Sure, why not?

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:18pm
...except for Joe, he's cool!

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:52pm
Rush actually have musical talent. Some would argue that they have so much musical talent that their respective instrumentalists are the best in the business. Geddy Lee was often listed up there with Entwistle and Macca as being the best bassist in rock, and the same could be said for Peart.

Even if you don't like their music, or Geddy's "clothespin on the testicles" vocal range, you have to give it up for their musicianship.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:03pm
lotsajizz wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 6:07pm:
I like Queen.  I like the Eagles.  So be it.  I despise Rush.

I like all of them. Shoot me. Better yet. Shoot Starbuck. He started this stupid thread. Kiss my undercover ass

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #12 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 12:20am
Like Pink Floyd...Def Leppard...and Dave Matthews...I find them incredibly boring

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 5:25am
I don't hate the Eagles. I just never think of them. Never consider them in my thoughts. But I tell you this. They are charging way more for their Aussie tour than the Stones are.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 4:17pm

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 4:39pm
"  But I tell you this. They are charging way more for their Aussie tour than the Stones are. "

<  ----- Our dear brother Moonie absolutely LOVES the Eagles  .

Oh ,   ....................  Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins    ...... You BAD !!!!!   )   :

Sir M- Moonie ?!

...  !!!!!!!

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:36pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 7:29pm
Joey?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:25pm
To repeat myself, the Eagles always seemed the band directly opposite to the Rolling Stones.  All the things that drew me to the Rolling Stones - inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs - the Eagles thing seems to be almost deliberately against all of that. 

My naive belief in joining these Rolling Stones boards, dedicated to a band that hasn't put a decent out in 30+ years, was that there was some discerning taste regarding rock music, based on what was and what is.  You were someone I could discuss music with, learn from.  That was true for the most part, and it happened in spades. 

So what is an Eagles fan doing here?   What don't you Eagles fans like? List that out.  What is the point of caring about rock music, if you are an Eagles fan?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:03pm
inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs

You mean, by ripping off other acts. Charging ridiculously stupid amounts of money. Ripping off their fans blind? Then you are correct sir. These are YOUR Rolling Stones.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 8:13am
" To repeat myself, the Eagles always seemed the band directly opposite to the Rolling Stones.  All the things that drew me to the Rolling Stones - inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs - the Eagles thing seems to be almost deliberately against all of that.   "

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Charlieville Virginny USA
Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 8:56am
hate is a strong word, it means you care one way or the other.
I don't care so I don't hate, I just dont care. in the Kilroy casa, there are 2 albums for them eagles. 2 out of 1000's
They were bought to learn songs to perform.
I do kinda like James Dean!
and I like Joe Walsh stuff!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:48am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 11:03pm:
inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs

You mean, by ripping off other acts. Charging ridiculously stupid amounts of money. Ripping off their fans blind? Then you are correct sir. These are YOUR Rolling Stones.

I was careful to insert the comment about no decent albums in 30 years, to limit my overall comment to the great characteristics of the Rolling Stones (best band ever?) in certain albums, and to avoid precisely your type of rebuttal post.  Yes, I know they are a ripoff act now, and have been for a long time.

If you feel that way in totality about the Rolling Stones (best band ever?) why have you been a regular for so long?  I'm not being demeaning, but sounds like you need an Eagles board.  It appears there are a lot of people here who could point you to one!

The Eagles, for fucking Christ's sakes.  There was a time this board would have been all over this.  Those days, like the Stones' best days, are moof.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:03am by sirmoonie »  

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #22 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:19pm
"  There was a time this board would have been all over this.  Those days, like the Stones' best days, are moof. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:23pm
" You mean, by ripping off other acts. Charging ridiculously stupid amounts of money. Ripping off their fans blind? Then you are correct sir. These are YOUR Rolling Stones. ..........   "

... !!!!

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:27pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #24 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:25pm
" If you feel that way in totality about the Rolling Stones (best band ever?) why have you been a regular for so long?  I'm not being demeaning, but sounds like you need an   ........... "

... !!!!

****** {  Young Joey now hunched over his computer   --- his young face a bright red   --- and giggling  }  ******
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:26pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Starbuck wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:52pm:
Rush actually have musical talent. Some would argue that they have so much musical talent that their respective instrumentalists are the best in the business. Geddy Lee was often listed up there with Entwistle and Macca as being the best bassist in rock, and the same could be said for Peart.

Even if you don't like their music, or Geddy's "clothespin on the testicles" vocal range, you have to give it up for their musicianship.

all neil peart did his whole life was rip moonie and bill bruford, both who piss on him. geddy lee's voice in all of its phases is annoying, and entwistle also pisses on him. the serbian dude, well, dunno, maybe he's masochistic and likes to hang out with these two chumps?
for good prog, try king crimson from 1973 (when bruford got in) till nowadays - which is bound to be completely nuts, what with fripp teaming with mel collins (sax player from the 1970-72 bands), the dude from 21st century schizoid band (a band comprised of '69-72 kc members playing the old tunes) replacing adrian belew on guitar and vocals, good old tony levin and THREE drummers. fripp may be a tool, but he's got a good knack for doing good music, especially if you like codeine.

sorry for the bad english but i'm a brazilian and i'm too lazy to use capital letters. on occasion. ummm, yeah.

the eagles? just heard that hotel california song and heard everybody and their mother in the world saying they suck so why bother trying em? can anybody give me a good reason?

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #26 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:07am
"  ............. anybody give me a good reason ?  "

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:03am
Is Best of My Love the song that Eagle types hold out as exemplar, Joey?  I thought it was New Kid in Town?  I'm just pointing that out to you, as a friend.

Warm stench of ecolepiss rising up in the air, pink champagne on ice - I like all that Satan stuff, must admit.  Eagle beef!  Beef eagle monger.  Are you an Eagle monger, Joey?  Do you make it a mission to flog the Eagles?  We are all brothers under the skin, we must learn to respect the stupid opinions of inferior human beings.

Moof, moofie, Magoo?  Twango!  Bango twango!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:33am
"  Are you an Eagle monger, Joey?  Do you make it a mission to flog the Eagles?  We are all brothers under the skin, we must learn to respect the stupid opinions of inferior human beings.  "

... And Here Sir Moonie we have Mr. Randy Meisner from the Great State of Nebraska    ...... Enjoy :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #29 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:38am
"  I thought it was New Kid in Town?  I'm just pointing that out to you, as a friend.  "

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #30 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:20pm
Howe is it that Joey is polluting this thread with his insipid posts and ghey eagles videos? Which is worse? I'm not sure.

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Reply #31 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:05pm
It wouldve been polite if that band had told the world 'look, there's been a mistake...we suck. We are not worth a tenth of the vinyl you are printing our shitty songs on.'

I would have had respect for that. But they chose a different path and decided it would be a great idea to bore everyone to death with their crap.

So the correct answer is obviously the first one.

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 3:13pm
nah, the correct answer is to keep quiet and plan something....

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 6:08pm
" To repeat myself, the Eagles always seemed the band directly opposite to the Rolling Stones.  All the things that drew me to the Rolling Stones - inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs - the Eagles thing seems to be almost deliberately against all of that. 

My naive belief in joining these Rolling Stones boards, dedicated to a band that hasn't put a decent out in 30+ years, was that there was some discerning taste regarding rock music, based on what was and what is.  You were someone I could discuss music with, learn from.  That was true for the most part, and it happened in spades. 

So what is an Eagles fan doing here?   What don't you Eagles fans like? List that out.  What is the point of caring about rock music, if you are an Eagles fan ?  "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #34 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 6:11pm
" It wouldve been polite if that band had told the world 'look, there's been a mistake...we suck. We are not worth a tenth of the vinyl you are printing our shitty songs on.'

**** {  " ? " } ****

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #35 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 7:18pm
the plan is in the works....

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:20pm
By the time of Hotel California, the Eagles had honed their superb craft to such a degree, that they seemed capable of anything.  The Eagles went to their roots, to create what is arguably rock and roll's greatest album.  This was their "Exile moment.". The career defining title track is a swirling tale of ambivalence orchestrated over stunning Frey guitar. With New Kid in Town, the band hit their creative peak.  Never before had.......

How the fuck would anyone try to write a review for anything this pathetic group of twats did?  I'm good, but not that good.  "This band sucked, their massive popularity is another example of America's endless bad taste and fat ignorance.  Fear ye who tread into stagnant Eagle waters, you may not like what you come out as."

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #37 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:17pm
moonie, is this your kid?

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Rocks Off Regular

Champaign, IL.
Reply #38 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:35pm
I don't like about %99 of their music.

And if I hear Desperado again, I will do Desperado on someone's ass.

I respect them, but don't like them much, no big deal, just say no or change the song/dial to some better music.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #39 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:00am
The Eagles are neither here nor there. I reckon they're the template for all those current alt country/"roots" bands like Tryin Adams, Jason Isbell, Iron and Whine, and all those very sincere young dudes with ironic beards, plaid flannel shirts, spectacles that they don't need, acoustic guitars and the occasional banjo or fiddle or doodley-doodley Clapton-esque guitar lead, and lyrics concerning heartache and vague notions of society's ills.

The Eagles actually sound very contemporary. They should sell millions of downloads.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

A Dutchy in Marseille - France
Reply #40 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:05am
steel driving hammer wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:35pm:
I don't like about ™99% of their music.

if that 1% is hotel California then I agree.

BARCELONA 27 SEPTEMBER & PARIS 19+22 OCTOBER...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #41 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 3:30pm
Will ya'll just Take It Easy.......fer cryin' out loud ?!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #42 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 5:12pm
They are too soft and whiny for my liking.  Like the Beach Boys without the craziness and Charles Manson.

Them Eagles are vapid regurgitation and blandness...a foreshadowing of today's [pop]ular music.

I hate the song "Moves like Jagger"...it is so gaddamn awful...it's inexplicable.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #43 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 12:41pm
" I hate the song "Moves like Jagger"...it is so gaddamn awful...it's inexplicable. "

<   -------   The Kids Absolutely LOVE it !!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #44 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 12:47pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 3:30pm:
Will ya'll just Take It Easy.......fer cryin' out loud ?!

I stood on that corner just last year...right off route66...no one slowed down and nobody took a look at me...it hurt my feelings

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 2:11pm
I like the Eagles.  Not as much as the Stones, but I like to listen to them sometimes.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #46 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 2:14pm
munichhilton wrote on Jul 7th, 2014 at 12:47pm:
I stood on that corner just last year...right off route66...no one slowed down and nobody took a look at me...it hurt my feelings

Did ya get a refrigerator magnet in that souvenir store across the street ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #47 - Jul 8th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 7th, 2014 at 2:14pm:
munichhilton wrote on Jul 7th, 2014 at 12:47pm:

Did ya get a refrigerator magnet in that souvenir store across the street ?

Really I was too busy trying to be seen...y'know
Plus I was trying to get to the Eagle Cafe in Gallup before closing

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04am
The Eagles are the McDonalds of rock and roll.........always in your face for no good reason

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:10am
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 7:04am:
The Eagles are the McDonalds of rock and roll.........always in your face for no good reason

I wouldn't say they were THAT popular...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:44am
The analogy is apt, as to the relative popularity and qualitative content of the Eagles and McDonald's respective products.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #51 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 9:17am
" I like the Eagles.  Not as much as the Stones, but I like to listen to them sometimes. "

I would Like to Nuzzle You !!!!!   :

http://www.eaglesband.com/events

" Hit Me Ronnie !!! "

J . " Fingers "  Felder ™
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2014 at 12:10pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #52 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 12:12pm
" The analogy is apt, as to the relative popularity and qualitative content of the Eagles and McDonald's respective products. "

What .. ?!   :

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #53 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 12:48pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:44am:
The analogy is apt, as to the relative popularity and qualitative content of the Eagles and McDonald's respective products.

Much like Disney, McDonald's is a very litigious conglomerate and would not think twice about disassociating itself with the comparison by instituting proceedings...

Assuming that "Take It Easy" is the biggest selling cheeseburger in the Eagles canon, they have sold a mere 140 million worldwide...and debate rages as to how many units sold were actually the Chicken Nuggets, or "Hotel California" if you will...

At McDonald's, the same delicious burger that boasts equal amounts of American ingenuity and collaborative content as "Take It Easy" has passed the 100 Billion mark. In fact it no longer tracks sales in the millions as the Eagles Corp does...

This leaves us placing the Eagles onto a world stage they have yet to earn through marketing, hard work and greasy up-sales.

McDonald's moves that the Eagles appear to be more of a Pizza Hut or even a Costco Hot Dog rather then the delicious and genetically wholesome 300 calorie cheeseburger served to billions and billions

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #54 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 3:01pm
munichhilton wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 12:48pm:
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:44am:

Much like Disney, McDonald's is a very litigious conglomerate and would not think twice about disassociating itself with the comparison by instituting proceedings...

Assuming that "Take It Easy" is the biggest selling cheeseburger in the Eagles canon, they have sold a mere 140 million worldwide...and debate rages as to how many units sold were actually the Chicken Nuggets, or "Hotel California" if you will...

At McDonald's, the same delicious burger that boasts equal amounts of American ingenuity and collaborative content as "Take It Easy" has passed the 100 Billion mark. In fact it no longer tracks sales in the millions as the Eagles Corp does...

This leaves us placing the Eagles onto a world stage they have yet to earn through marketing, hard work and greasy up-sales.

McDonald's moves that the Eagles appear to be more of a Pizza Hut or even a Costco Hot Dog rather then the delicious and genetically wholesome 300 calorie cheeseburger served to billions and billions

would you like fries with that post?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #55 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 4:16pm

" Much like Disney, McDonald's is a very litigious conglomerate and would not think twice about disassociating itself with the comparison by instituting proceedings...

McDonald's moves that the Eagles appear to be more of a Pizza Hut or even a Costco Hot Dog rather then the delicious and genetically wholesome 300 calorie cheeseburger served to billions and billions   "

This indeed is Outstanding Posting   ..... Well Done   .... Top Notch !!!!   ..... Top Notch !!!!!!

Please feel free to take the rest of the day off work  !!!!

O'kins ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #56 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 6:38pm
Burger boy
Burger ass
Fat burger
Fish burger
Burger biff
Bun boy
Bun burger
Pizza face
Pizza jack
Burger bitch
Fly burger
Ham burger
Burger boogie
Ham sandwich
Cheese and mayonaise
Slop burger
Slop ass
Fish slop
Snot burger
Bam burger
Burger burger

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #57 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:16am
sirmoonie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:48am:
[quote author=2E2A3838293E353C2F30383931343B385D0 link=1402282837/18#18 date=1402632186]

The Eagles, for fucking Christ's sakes.  There was a time this board would have been all over this.  Those days, like the Stones' best days, are moof.

my god moonie. you've stumbled onto something here. have we become that lame that one of our regulars has claimed to like the eagles? what has happened to us? what happened to that rocks off moxie of about 2005/2006, when a man could feel proud to return to his hotel, open up the goddamned mini bar and pop in dirty work? have we really sunk this low?

i suggest a pogrom. in any case, something must be done.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #58 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 8:54am
Starbuck wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:16am:
sirmoonie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:48am:
[quote author=2E2A3838293E353C2F30383931343B385D0 link=1402282837/18#18 date=1402632186]

my god moonie. you've stumbled onto something here. have we become that lame that one of our regulars has claimed to like the eagles? what has happened to us? what happened to that rocks off moxie of about 2005/2006, when a man could feel proud to return to his hotel, open up the goddamned mini bar and pop in dirty work? have we really sunk this low?

"One of our regulars"?  Starloaf, by my count, there is now close to a dozen that have publicly admitted to this behavior and interest.  There are several more that I suspect.  I'll send you the composite list via backchannel.  Do not be surprised to see Eagles set list posts and Eagles birthday threads very soon, my friend.  It's coming.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #59 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 9:26am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 8:54am:
Do not be surprised to see Eagles set list posts and Eagles birthday threads very soon, my friend.  It's coming.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #60 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 9:43am
"  ................ there is now close to a dozen that have publicly admitted to this behavior and interest.  There are several more that I suspect.  I'll send you the composite list via backchannel.  Do not be surprised to see Eagles set list posts and Eagles birthday threads very soon, my friend.  It's coming. "

... !!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #61 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 9:15am
"   Do not be surprised to see Eagles set list posts and Eagles birthday threads very soon, my friend.  It's coming.  "

<  ----- You Bet Your Sweet Bippy !!!!!!!!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2014/o2-arena-london-england-7bc06680.html

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #62 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:16pm
For Moonie !!!!   ( The O2 in London  )    :

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:45pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #63 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 9:33pm
Joey wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:16pm:

Joey that is an awesome clip. The Eagles reworking One Of These Nights. Cool. Waka Jawaka

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #64 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 10:19pm
Joey wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:16pm:

Thanks Joe!  I certainly have a new appreciation of the Eagles and their music!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #65 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 3:06pm
" Thanks Joe!  I certainly have a new appreciation of the Eagles and their music!  "

My Pleasure Sir Moonie !!!!

God gave me a gift   ...  and then he gave me your sweet sweet love .  W- What ..............................................  ?!

Oh , sure !!!!   : 

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #66 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 3:08pm
"  ..............what happened to that rocks off moxie of about 2005/2006, when a man could feel proud to return to his hotel, open up the goddamned mini bar and pop in dirty work?  "

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #67 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 4:46pm
I heard Desperado today...it is just way too whiny.

I do not care for Phil Collins and/or Genesis...awful just.

Joey... where are you getting all these cat photo-ops?  Do you foster cats and then photo bomb them?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #68 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Joey, i think i have found your true home.

http://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12

ish. eew. seriously, i think i need a shower. i feel grosser now then the last time i accidentally clicked on one of steelie's animal porn links.

my god…it's like our mirror image from that super friends bizzaaro world episode. but they don't even know they're retards.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #69 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 11:53pm
This, on the other hand, is EXACTLY what we need more of in this thread.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Henley

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #70 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 5:49am

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Henley

" .......  was around this time that Henley seduced Stevie Nicks, hoping to sabotage Fleetwood Mac's Rumours tour by repeatedly flying her out to "visit" him when she was supposed to be performing. Fleetwood Mac was the only act outselling the Eagles at the time and Henley decided it was time to TAKE THEM DOWN. So he took Stevie, never dreaming that it was she who was sabotaging the Hotel California tour when her "visits" left him too exhausted to walk, much less drum.

The rest of the band was infuriated. Even so, Frey selflessly tried to help by offering to share Stevie with Henley in order to conserve Henley's energy. Unfortunately for Frey, Stevie took one look at the scrawny guy and, after laughing her butt off, said "Dream on, loser." Henley's gratification after hearing this said to Frey was too intense for words, and he now decided he was the most talented man who ever lived, period.

It all went downhill from there. In 1980, Don Henley and Glenn Frey experienced several creative differences of opinion which resulted in several discussions in which they decided to terminate each oth- uhm, their partnership. In these discussions, they communicated to each other the intense passions and feelings of displeasure which they felt due to these creative differences by such exchanges as "YOU SUCK" and "YOU SUCK HARDER!" They decided to break up the band until such time as Hell froze over.  "

FUNNY !!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #71 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 3:47pm
" Joey... where are you getting all these cat photo-ops?  Do you foster cats and then photo bomb them?  "

That is so right Factory Girl !!!! 

[ Thank Edith and Mr. Pleasant  ]  :

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:27am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #72 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 9:09pm
Joey, can any of the Eagles play dulcimer as good as Brian Jones did?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #73 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 10:20pm
I like to sing along with the Eagles when I hear them on the radio, they have some good songs and good harmonies, some clever lyrics here and there.
'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'   

'seems like every form of refuge has its price, you cant hide your lying eyes'

'you may lose or you may win, but you will never be here again, so open up I'm climbing in' That's hot!

and my favorite, Life in the fast Lane! They didn't care they were just dying to get off! Everything, all the time...lines in the mirror, lines on their face, they pretended not to notice...surely make you lose your mind!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #74 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 11:38pm
When and who will it be, that breaks the camel's back for me?

Hey that rhymes.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #75 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:38am
" Joey, can any of the Eagles play dulcimer as good as Brian Jones did ?  "

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #76 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 9:20am
Joey, what do you type of people consider to be the Eagle's "Exile Moment"?  I'm still learning about this underrated band.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #77 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:06am
" Joey, what do you type of people consider to be the Eagle's "Exile Moment"?  I'm still learning about this underrated band. "

***************  " SIGH !!!! "  ****************

The Following Moonie   ......

The FOLLOWING !!!!!  :

" Late in 1975, Henley became involved with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, a relationship that made headlines.  "

" Nicks had begun her singing career in San Francisco in the late sixties, met guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, and moved with him to Los Angeles, where they tried to break into the new spawning ground for mainstream rock. In 1975, they met drummer Mick Fleetwood, shortly thereafter joined him in the tenth configuration of his group, and recorded the groundbreaking Fleetwood Mac . Released on Warner/Reprise in August of 1975, it charted for over a year and sent the band on the road for an extended tour.

One night, Henley, long an admirer and aware of the competition between the two bands for best-selling album of the year, decided to pick up the phone and call Nicks, even though they'd never ment or talked to each other before. The two hit it off, and a series of intense wherever-you-are-I'll-find-you calls ensued, during which they commiserated on the loneliness of the long-distance rock-star lifestyle. Henley, still full of Rodkin, found a sympathetic soul in Nicks, who'd recently split from Buckingham. How much worse off was she, Nicks asked Henley, having to perform with her ex every night?

Inevitably, the two groups played the same cities. Knowing Henley was planning to make an appearance backstage one night, Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie of the Mac decided to play a little joke on Nicks by sending her a bouquet of flowers with a card "signed" by Henley that read, "The Best of My Love...Tonight? Don..." A highly offended Nicks fumed over what she considered Henley's arrogance, until he convinced her he had nothing to do with the prank. The two then began a serious two-year affair.

Nicks remembered it this way. "When Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours , I started going out with Don...He was really cute, and he was elegant. Don taught me how to spend money. I just watched him, that's how. He didn't visibly set out to do that. I just watched him. He was okay with, say, buying a house [just] like that, or sending a Lear jet to pick you up.

"He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy. Here's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We were all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic, like Mar-a-lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they delivered it right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful... The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table, and I'm going 'Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well.' And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy... So I went out with Don for a while. I went out with J.D. Souther for a while [as well]. We had an incredible time. Those Eagles were an interesting group of guys."

She became pregnant, and neither doubted Henley was the father. The "situation" was resolved quickly and quietly when Nicks, between tour dates, had an abortion. Although Henley did not try to force the issue, according to friends, she was deeply upset about what she considered his fast and easy consent to her decision. Nicks took it as Henley's way of saying he wasn't intersted in any type of serious long-term commitment. As had become his pattern, in the beginning Henley played the ultimate Southern-charm gentleman -- flowers, phone calls, words of love, Lear jets to Paris for romantic dinners. In the end he was distant, unreachable, brooding, argumentative, and elusive. It was a pattern by now so familiar to the Eagles crew it had become a running joke. Henley's favored method of seduction became to be known as "Love 'em and Lear 'em".

Years later, Henley had this to say about his affair with Nicks: "[Stevie had] named the unborn kid Sara, and she had an abortion." She then wrote the song of the same name (which became a huge hit for her) and, according to Henley, dedicated it "to the spirit of the aborted baby".

Page 168

(Note: They're talking about how the band changed after Hotel California .)

It was a feeling that couldn't have been helped when Rolling Stone published the results of its second Annual Readers' Poll, and the Artist of the Year award went to the Eagles' chief competitiors, Fleetwood Mac. Runners-up included Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, Peter Frampton, and Stevie Wonder. Male Vocalist went to James Taylor, who beat out Jackson Browne. Female Vocalist went to Linda Ronstadt, with Stevie Nicks coming in second. "Dreams", Fleetwood Mac's hit single off their Rumours album, beat out "Hotel California" (second) for Best Single of the Year. Band of the Year also went to Mac, the Eagles again coming in second. Rolling Stone's poll accurately reflected the difference between the popularity of the Eagles and Fleetwood mac. The British-American group would always have a broader if less intense following. Quite simply, the presence of Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie was what seperated the men from the boys. The eagles' primary audience ranged across the board, if more single male adolescent than boomer couples. If Mac also "aged" more gracefully, it was because the music it made came from the real-life drama of its romantic relationships, while the songs of the Eagles seemed by comparison to come from loners, not-so-young men acting like teenage boys still on the sexual make  "

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php?page=index_v2&id=349&c=11

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:16am by Joey »  

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #78 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:28am
Hey Joey!

And YES!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #79 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:55am
" Hey Joey!
And YES!   "

Hi Jizzy ..........................

Weeding ... ?!

Are you Weeding today ?!

Hashishin'  ..... ?!    .... Weeding .... ?!

Jizzy   .... are you Hashishin' today ?

'kins ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #80 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Joey, all rock critics of any significance seem to have come down very hard your Eagle band.  Does that galvanize you and make you love the Eagles more than ever?  Do you type of people consider being trashed on the merits some kind of badge of honor, kind of like how Christians and the Kiss Army react to their criticisms?    Or is it more a sad feeling?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 8:15am
Bitch wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 10:20pm:
I like to sing along with the Eagles when I hear them on the radio, they have some good songs and good harmonies, some clever lyrics here and there.
'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'   

'seems like every form of refuge has its price, you cant hide your lying eyes'

'you may lose or you may win, but you will never be here again, so open up I'm climbing in' That's hot!

and my favorite, Life in the fast Lane! They didn't care they were just dying to get off! Everything, all the time...lines in the mirror, lines on their face, they pretended not to notice...surely make you lose your mind!

Yes indeed….lyrical mastery. topped only by "I'm driving by your house though I know you're not home".

You had better be kidding or I am revoking your membership to the exile mafia.

Is Joey the Don Henley of this board, or is it me?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:23am
Joey wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:38am:

That was absolutely terrible, Joey.  Awful song, and the boring gimmicks they added to it live, just make you grit your teeth. The mentality and ability displayed in that very video is why the Eagles are probably the most hated band in rock history by people who actually care about rock, make it part of their lives.  That's drunk Southern California housewife music, dude.  Staring out the window at the backyard above ground pool, tear in her eye, wondering why her kids are so fat and her husband's weekend shorts go below his knees, type music.  Cheap talking wine music.  Fish music, linoleum margarine ketchup.  You are not proving up your case here.  Piss poor.  Poor piss.  Piss face.  Face o' fish.  Fish music.  Fat music.  Fish fat. 

Eagles?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #83 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:29am
"   That's drunk Southern California housewife music, dude.  Staring out the window at the backyard above ground pool, tear in her eye, wondering why her kids are so fat and her husband's weekend shorts go below his knees, type music.  Cheap talking wine music.    "

... !!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #84 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 6:36pm
We need another political thread.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #85 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 12:10am
MrPleasant wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 6:36pm:
We need another political thread.

The Eagles are goddam Hollywood liberals.  Yet, only people as dumb as George Bush like them.  It's some kind of quasi-aisle crossing clusterfuck of bad taste and piss for brains.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #86 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:29am
Watching paint dry is more fun than listening to these dweebs.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #87 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:13pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:29am:
Watching paint dry is more fun than listening to these dweebs.

you see, THAT is what we need more of around here. not some dumb ass picture of a kitten reading an iPad.

interesting documentary on how the eagles brought corporate rock to the LA music scene and killed it. check out what crosby says about them at the end. it's all starting to make sense!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #88 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:34pm
"  .........................  not some dumb ass picture of a kitten reading an iPad.    "

... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #89 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 8:32pm
You give the Eagles too much credit...Irving Azoff decided on rock becoming corporate...the Eagles were a willing vessel

No cats were harmed during the transition from Rock n Roll to Safe n Sane

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #90 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:42pm
No I don't hate the Eagles. But I hate threads from idiots who start threads about hating the Eagles.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #91 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 6:50am
So you got your own Eagles thread Joey.  Well done, my friend.  Well done.  They will come here like mothballs to a flame.  Like urchins to a soup line.  Like little sperms to caviar.  You can build here, Joey.  Build a solid foundation for setting the record straight about the Eagles and their music.  Pomeranian style!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #92 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 8:10am
" They will come here like mothballs to a flame.  Like urchins to a soup line.  Like little sperms to caviar.  You can build here, Joey.  Build a solid foundation for setting the record straight about the Eagles and their music.  Pomeranian style! "

...  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #93 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 9:35am
"  .............     Pomeranian style !    "

...  !!!!!!!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #94 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:54am
How about Eagles solo projects?

The Allnighter was sort of like the Eagles "She's the Boss"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #95 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 7:58am
Woman Stabs Roommate for Refusing to Stop Listening to The Eagles

Police in South Carolina arrested a North Charleston woman Monday night after she allegedly stabbed her roommate multiple times for refusing to stop playing music by the classic rock band The Eagles.

According to the official report, Vernett Bader, 54, became irritated with her 64-year-old roommate (and one-time boyfriend) after he rejected her pleas to turn off the Eagles and told her to "shut up."

Bader then entered the kitchen and grabbed a serrated knife, which she subsequently used to stab her roommate several times in the arm, hand, and elbow.

The roommate and his brother managed to wrestle the knife away from Bader, but she quickly retrieved another from the kitchen.

All three were intoxicated at the time, per the report.

It's unclear which of the band's songs drove Bader over the edge, but police have narrowed down the possible suspects to "Witchy Woman," "Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It to the Limit," "One of These Nights," "Tequila Sunrise," and "Hotel California" on repeat.

Bader confessed to the crime, but claimed it was an act of self-defense to counter her roommate's choking.

Investigators say Bader did not have any visible marks on her neck.

Police charged Bader with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature and she was booked into the Charleston County jail, where she remained held as of this afternoon.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #96 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:26am
I think I will check out how much her bail is!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #97 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:47am
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:26am:
I think I will check out how much her bail is!

Ask her if she'll start posting here.  She can sort out this goddam Eagles situation we have on our hands once and for all, using methods that I have frankly have been hesitant to use.

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #98 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:47am
The plan is working. They'll all die of fentanyl overdose when me and Mick Taylor turn 35 and 66, respectively.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #99 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:57am
" Ask her if she'll start posting here.  She can sort out this goddam Eagles situation we have on our hands once and for all, using methods that I have frankly have been hesitant to use "

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #100 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 10:06am
Vernette?

That's beautiful.
That's the name that fits the mug shot.

Nor is there any surprise the 3 were intoxicated at the time of the incident.  There was never any doubt. 

And you gotta respect her loyalty to the cause.
She could have taken the knife to the music system, but did not.  She knew that she had to eradicate the Eagles fan.  Then the stereo is free to play something more appropriate.

Vernett's back in jail agin.... 

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #101 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 10:10am
Joey wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:57am:
" Ask her if she'll start posting here.  She can sort out this goddam Eagles situation we have on our hands once and for all, using methods that I have frankly have been hesitant to use "

Like I've said, the plan is working...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #102 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 5:39pm
moonie ?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #103 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:21pm
In the not to distant future, Vernette will be a Rosa Parks type figure.

This is exceptional, by the way.
http://twths.org/the-10-worst-bands-ever/

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #104 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 10:22pm
5 pages later, I still love The Eagles. Haters can suck it. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Kiss my undercover ass

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 12:23am
Oh yeah?  Well maybe ole Vernett will be making paying a social call to your house pretty soon.  Perhaps ole Vernett would like to make your acquaintance, have a little chat with you.  Ever think of that, Eagle boy?  Yeah, we'll see.  We'll see about all that.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #106 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:59am

" #6 The EaglesIt took a lot of hard work by the other bands on this list to push these pigeons back to #6.   They were the Coldplay of their generation.   Somewhat talented boys but record sales that were completely disproportionate to the quality of their music.   I hate every Eagles song really.  They get worse with every listen that I’m forced to endure inside of those 3-star hotel elevators where this torture device of a band belongs.  I don’t dislike Glenn Frey, Don Henley and the boys.  I’m sure they all tip well.  Hell, they’re probably great babysitters.  But it’s not my fault they suck so why should I feel bad?  I just resent the amount of time I’ve had to spend explaining to my friends (while their heads were tilted at a 67 degree angle) why the Eagles simply suck.  They. Always. Suck. "

THIS MAKES YOUNG JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #107 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:20am
"  Oh yeah?  Well maybe ole Vernett will be making paying a social call to your house pretty soon.  Perhaps ole Vernett would like to make your acquaintance, have a little chat with you.  Ever think of that, Eagle boy?  Yeah, we'll see.  We'll see about all that. "

... !!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #108 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Joey wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:59am:

" #6 The EaglesIt took a lot of hard work by the other bands on this list to push these pigeons back to #6.   They were the Coldplay of their generation.   Somewhat talented boys but record sales that were completely disproportionate to the quality of their music.   I hate every Eagles song really.  They get worse with every listen that I’m forced to endure inside of those 3-star hotel elevators where this torture device of a band belongs.  I don’t dislike Glenn Frey, Don Henley and the boys.  I’m sure they all tip well.  Hell, they’re probably great babysitters.  But it’s not my fault they suck so why should I feel bad?  I just resent the amount of time I’ve had to spend explaining to my friends (while their heads were tilted at a 67 degree angle) why the Eagles simply suck.  They. Always. Suck. "

THIS MAKES YOUNG JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!

The author of that article put the Eagles on the same list as Bon Jovi, Creed and Nickelback.  He's not the first to put the Eagles in that type of company.  I doubt Eagles fans understand that to be a comprehensive insult either.  After all, Bon Jovi and Creed have some songs on the radio too.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #109 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:28pm
sirmoonie, we know that the Eagles are not a good band. It doesn't matter if they are popular. Jesus is popular. Mel Gibson's Passion of The Christ is popular. Just let it go.

So Jesus, Gibson and the Eagles have something in common. And the Beatles and sex are popular too. It depends on how they are represented by the media. For instance, the oldest of my nephews, who wants to study music, says he doesn't know who the Beatles are. And they always have they nose close to their stupid i-phone machines. Why is that? Because the media is causing people to stop thinking.

We still need a political thread. That would be entertaining. I miss Riffhard, and I'm a bit drunk.

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #110 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Whoa! I love Jesus too...what a great combo!
Thanks man

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #111 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 8:24pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #112 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 8:34pm
  " Thanks man  "

My Pleasure :

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #113 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:20pm
mojoman wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 8:24pm:

Not quite Mojo. But close.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #114 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:02am
MrPleasant wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:28pm:
We still need a political thread. That would be entertaining. I miss Riffhard, and I'm a bit drunk.

Even Riffy would be able to tell you the eagles suck.

The question is, do they suck worse than Obama?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #115 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:18am
Starbuck wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:02am:
MrPleasant wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:28pm:

Even Riffy would be able to tell you the eagles suck.

The question is, do they suck worse than Obama?

Nothing sucks worse than Obama.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #116 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 1:54pm
So you got your own Eagle thread, Joey.  Well done, my friend.  Superlative.  Exemplary!  The Eagles, even more than Three Dog Night, can truly lay claim to the title of The Great American Rock Band.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #117 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:30pm
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:33pm by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #118 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 10:36pm
So where is the Do we still hate Bon Jovi thread?  Nanker

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #119 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:53am
BJ is trying to rid the country of the Bills...I applaud his citizenship

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #120 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:54am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 10:36pm:
So where is the Do we still hate Bon Jovi thread? 

It is a given that people hate bon jovi, just like we hate cancer, parasites, frank thorogood, sobriety, pope porn, stale popcorn and busch light. the eagles, however, are more in the grey area….their witchcraft and complete suckdom cannot be spotted as easily by true rock and roll fans.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #121 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:03pm
A must read:

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/08/quit_defending_the_eagles_theyre_simply_terrible...

"As their career progressed, the Eagles shed much of their country aspects, with only their fairly bland harmonies remaining. They became high priests of lowest-common-denominator rock, crafting studiously inoffensive rock designed to appeal to the broadest swath of the record-buying, radio-listening public. And perhaps that’s why Jeffrey Lebowski and so many of us continue to villainize the Eagles: They didn’t stand for anything. They lacked the outrage that drove John Fogerty’s music and Gram Parsons’ unwavering belief that the answers were blowing in the hickory wind. Their hedonism was never as much fun as Marc Bolan’s, and their desperadoes had no code of honor like Willie Nelson’s redheaded stranger or Townes Van Zandt’s Pancho and Lefty. The Eagles may have decried record industry avarice on “Hotel California,” but they were already the multi-headed beast at the head of that table. Don Henley may have transformed himself into a public scold, but his ecological concerns, however valid, never informed the music he made with the band or as a solo artist.

The Eagles’ legacy is selling a lot of records. All the reappraisals in the world won’t change that."
-----
“They were rich hippies. They were virtuosos in an idiom that did not require virtuosity. They were self-absorbed Hollywood liberals. They were not-so-secretly shallow. They were uncaring womanizers and the worst kind of cokehead. They wanted to be seen as cowboys, but not the ones who actually road horses. They never rocked, even after adding Joe Walsh for that express purpose (the first forty-five seconds of ‘Life in the Fast Lane’ are a push). They lectured college kids about their environmental footprint while flying around in private jets. They literally called themselves ‘The Eagles.’”

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #122 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 1:41pm
Starbuck and sirmoonie: your hatred towards the Eagles almost makes me want to listen to the band. Because I sometimes enjoy smoking crack.

I'm kidding. I like five or six songs recorded by them. But I will always enjoy smoking crack.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #123 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 11:57am
MrPleasant wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 1:41pm:
Starbuck and sirmoonie: your hatred towards the Eagles almost makes me want to listen to the band. Because I sometimes enjoy smoking crack.

I'm kidding. I like five or six songs recorded by them. But I will always enjoy smoking crack.

You're the best, amigo. Am Ee Go.  A'igo.  Am-fucking-igo.  I love smoking crack too!  Great drug to blast away an evening with.  Schlork!  Crack has gained a bad reputation in the US because whitey associates it with negroes.  But sophisticates like us know The Score.

I can't stand Eagle music, can't switch the knob fast enough when stuff like New Kid in Town, Desperado or Heartbiff Tonight comes on the radio.  WTF?  Just fucking annoying, dated music,  But its by far their fans that lead me to rage.  I detest such shallow, ignorant people.  Yet, there they are, every day, legions of them.  I detest them like pisstulant vermin.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #124 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 5:35pm

" I can't stand Eagle music, can't switch the knob fast enough when stuff like New Kid in Town, Desperado or Heartbiff Tonight comes on the radio.  WTF?  Just fucking annoying, dated music,  But its by far their fans that lead me to rage.  I detest such shallow, ignorant people.  Yet, there they are, every day, legions of them.  I detest them like pisstulant vermin. "

******************  " SIGH !!!!  "  ********************

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #125 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 6:30pm
I can't get a hold of my dealer, Joey.  I've been texting and calling that miserable prick since I woke up with the shakes.  What the fuck is with that job that draws such idiot-based, unproductive, lame clowns to its ranks?  They are worse than the goddam cops chasing them around.  I know I'll hear from this inept, precious bastard later all "Uh, sorry dude, I dropped my phone in the sink" or "sorry buddy, I ran out of gas at the store and then my girlfriend lost her prescription so we had to catch a ride with my cousin......"  It's always some fuckup with these idiots - they spend more time fixing problems they create for themselves that actually selling controlled substances.

I'm just griping to the choirboys, I know.  But I would like to see the bar raised a bit in dealing.  Attract some merit scholar types to the profession instead of the usual fucking zeroes.  You get some titan of industry type like Bill Gates or Rockerfeller in there and we'll be swimming in high qual drugs, man.  Dive on in there and get high as molten piss.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #126 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 8:03am
" I can't get a hold of my dealer, Joey.  I've been texting and calling that miserable prick since I woke up with the shakes.  What the fuck is with that job that draws such idiot-based, unproductive, lame clowns to its ranks?  They are worse than the goddam cops chasing them around.  I know I'll hear from this inept, precious bastard later all "Uh, sorry dude, I dropped my phone in the sink" or "sorry buddy, I ran out of gas at the store and then my girlfriend lost her prescription so we had to catch a ride with my cousin......"  It's always some fuckup with these idiots - they spend more time fixing problems they create for themselves that actually selling controlled substances.

I'm just griping to the choirboys, I know.  But I would like to see the bar raised a bit in dealing.  Attract some merit scholar types to the profession instead of the usual fucking zeroes.  You get some titan of industry type like Bill Gates or Rockerfeller in there and we'll be swimming in high qual drugs, man.  Dive on in there and get high as molten piss. "

... !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #127 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 8:26am

"  ..............  can't get a hold of my dealer, Joey.  I've been texting and calling that miserable prick since I woke up with the shakes.   "

Looking forward to seeing you at The Eagles Concert on September 5th Moonie  ...... it is almost Sold Out ( Go Figure )  .  What  .. ?!   ...... oh   , sure ! :   

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2014 at 8:27am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #128 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 9:26am
moonie ?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #129 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 11:01am

Edith ................ You make Young Joey Giggle !!!!  :

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #130 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 12:38pm
Joey wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 8:26am:
"  ..............  can't get a hold of my dealer, Joey.  I've been texting and calling that miserable prick since I woke up with the shakes.   "

Looking forward to seeing you at The Eagles Concert on September 5th Moonie  ...... it is almost Sold Out ( Go Figure )  .  What  .. ?!   ...... oh   , sure ! :   

Can't make it on the 5th, Magoo.  I'm hosting a big fish fry that night.  The whole goddam neighborhood will be in my back yard, drinking booze and frying up some fresh fish (haddock, mullet, char, cod, some trout).

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #131 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 1:19pm

"   I'm hosting a big fish fry that night.  The whole goddam neighborhood will be in my back yard, drinking booze and frying up some fresh fish (haddock, mullet, char, cod, some trout )  "

What about Whitefish  , Halibut  , Walleye  , Hake  , Sea Bass , Sea Scallops  , etc  ....... ?!

Those are me favorites .

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #132 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Moonie brought white man's burden down. Brought the white man's reign.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #133 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 1:51pm
" Moonie brought white man's burden down. Brought the white man's reign.   "

Hello S.C.L.  ......please say , " Hello " to Macca for me .

http://variety.com/2014/music/reviews/paul-mccartney-concert-review-dodger-stadi...

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2014 at 9:10pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #134 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 2:49pm
Joey wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 1:51pm:
" Moonie brought white man's burden down. Brought the white man's reign.   "

Hello S.C.L.  ......please say , " Hello " to Macca for me .

Will do Joey!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #135 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:14am

" Joey, what do you type of people consider to be the Eagle's "Exile Moment"?  "

The following Sir Moonie    ............

The FOLLOWING !!!!!!!!!! :

*************     " Young Joey Now Laughing Out Loud Here at the Office !!!!   "     ****************

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #136 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:18pm
I'll be seeing the Eagles tomorrow night. So fuck off haters!  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? really?

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #137 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:24pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:18pm:
I'll be seeing the Eagles tomorrow night. So fuck off haters!  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? really?

they're here sunday

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090707/2014/REG1/jaguars@eagles#menu=gameinfo&...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #138 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 8:37am

Sir Moonie and myself will be seeing The Eagles next Friday !!!!!!

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!   "

Joeykins ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #139 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 7:25pm

You make me physically ill.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #140 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 10:36am
" I'll be seeing the Eagles tomorrow night. "

<   ----- How was the gig S.C.L.   ?!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #141 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 11:06am

I have dutifully fucked off...........

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #142 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 11:29am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #143 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:22am
Ex-Iron Maiden Guitarist Says He Was Fired for Liking the Eagles

by Jeff Giles September 2, 2014 11:41 AM

YouTube

Are the Eagles indirectly to blame for one of Iron Maiden‘s earliest lineup changes?

That’s the allegation made by former guitarist Dennis Stratton, whose brief tenure with the band lasted just long enough for him to contribute to their 1980 self-titled debut album. Following a series of tour dates in support of Kiss and Judas Priest, Stratton was fired and replaced with Adrian Smith, who joined in time to play on the 1981 follow-up, ‘Killers.’ As Stratton sees it, it was his fondness for what he calls “easy listening music” that prompted manager Rod Smallwood to call for his dismissal.

“I always take a little stereo away with me,” he recalled during an appearance on the Gary Bushell Talk Show (which you can listen to below via Classic Rock Magazine). “The stuff I was playing at the time was Whitesnake, the Eagles, George Benson, Steely Dan — easy-listening music, just to relax to. I was playing it in my hotel room and Rod heard it. He came in and started bawling and shouting. He said, ‘If anyone walks past this door and heard the Eagles coming out of this room, it’s going to cause trouble with the band.’ I went, ‘Don’t be stupid’ – but these silly little things started to niggle him. He would never give me credit for being responsible for my own actions. It went on and on and on.”

That kind of thing was par for the course in a situation where, according to Stratton, “There wasn’t a lot of friendship … there was no bond,” but he still ended up being part of a project in the ’90s with his fellow Maiden alum, singer Paul Di’Anno. As he relates in the interview, that attempt at working together also ended in disaster, with Di’Anno allegedly committing an assault that Stratton says he’s never forgiven him for — and is the reason he tries not to even speak his former bandmate’s name today.

Interview: https://soundcloud.com/litopia/iron-maiden

Read More: Ex-Iron Maiden Guitarist Says He Was Fired for Liking the Eagles | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-dennis-stratton-fired/?utm_source=sai...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #144 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 7:50am
" Ex-Iron Maiden Guitarist Says He Was Fired for Liking the Eagles   "

FUNNY !!!!!  Smiley

Thanks Edith   ............... looking forward to meeting you at The Eagles Concert Friday Evening at the CLINK !!!!! ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #145 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 1:37pm
Big night in the Eagle world, Joey.  You going to text me the set list so I can post it?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #146 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 1:53pm
" Big night in the Eagle world, Joey.  You going to text me the set list so I can post it ?  "

You Bet Your Sweet Bippy Moonie !!!!!!!!!!

In fact , I will even go ahead and buy you a ticket just so you ......... What ?!   .......... oh , sure !!!  ... HERE you go ... :

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #147 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 2:34pm
Big ass night.  You properly groomed?  Big night for you, SCL and the rest if you type of people.  Eagle it up!  Eagle it the fuck up, man.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #148 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:01pm
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 2:34pm:
Big ass night.  You properly groomed?  Big night for you, SCL and the rest if you type of people.  Eagle it up!  Eagle it the fuck up, man.

That's where Steeler nation will be right?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #149 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 9:17am

<   ----- Joe Walsh & Company are in Town  !!!!

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "

'kins ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #150 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 4:29pm
Thar she blows!  I can't believe this night is finally here, Joe.  Are you going to slam some beers beforehand?  Suds.

The Eags are on fire.  They are going to play all their big bits from A to Z.  A night of Eagle music.

You should get some beer.  Or wine if you are feeling more sophisticated.  Alcohol is a mood altering substance that makes damn near everything more pleasurable.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #151 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:19am

" The Eags are on fire.  They are going to play all their big bits from A to Z.  A night of Eagle music.  "

Nebraska certainly is  "  Eagles Country  " Moonie   ......... Did you enjoy the show ?  I realize you will be seeing the band in Iowa tonight so please enjoy .

Lots of VIP's in the audience who obviously flew in JUST for the gig    --- no name checks but quite an enjoyable evening .

More later  ...................pounding hangover .

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #152 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:56pm
Joey wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:19am:
Nebraska certainly is  "  Eagles Country  " Moonie   ......... Did you enjoy the show ? 

Lots of VIP's in the audience who obviously flew in JUST for the gig    --- no name checks but quite an enjoyable evening .

More later  ...................pounding hangover .

When you got out of bed yesterday morning, you could still make the argument that you were an actual fan of the Rolling Stones.  A mere 24 hours later, with this conduct, this fall from His grace, you will never be more than a convicted Eagle fan for the rest of your wretched life.  Shades of Craig.  Shades of Cunningham.  Shades of Libby.  Shades of Spitzer.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #153 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:09pm
"  .............................this fall from His grace, you will never be more than a convicted Eagle fan for the rest of your wretched life.  Shades of Craig.  Shades of Cunningham.  Shades of Libby.  Shades of Spitzer. "

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #154 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 9:35pm
Joey, what was the racial composition of last night's Eagle audience?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #155 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:02am
"Joey, what was the racial composition of last night's Eagle audience ?  "

99.9 % Caucasian
00.1 % Oriental , Polynesian  , Hispanic , Octavius Washington
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:04am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #156 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 10:28am
Were there a lot of attractive Eagle women there, Joey?  Like all gussied up for the big show?  Stockings and lipstick and watermelon perfume up to the high heavens?  Now I do wish I had been there, for the Eagle women.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #157 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 11:10am
Good point, man.
Think about it -- an arena full of unfulfilled wishes.

Wanna-be groupie, inquisitive, MILFY western types.
Old family albums strewn with grainy, square, black and white snapshots of Annie Oakley outfits, with spurs and gems and leather fringe. 

...  {Joey?, by the way…}

Reminiscing longingly of tequila sunrises long along, in deserts, and with stars.  Wandering the smokey, incense-filled corridors of an adobe estate with a man wearing turquoise beads. ...

Wondering if ever really happened or was conjured up in some mid-70s fantasy mix of natural and synthetic substances.
Unfazed, or otherwise unaware, that at least one of their heroes a street-peddled porn aficionado. 

That is like shooting fish in a barrel.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #158 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 11:51am
" Wanna-be groupie, inquisitive, MILFY western types.
Old family albums strewn with grainy, square, black and white snapshots of Annie Oakley outfits, with spurs and gems and leather fringe.  "

***************** " SIGH !!!!!  "  ********************

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #159 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 10:31pm
Joey, not only is Nebraska Eagles country. It's also Ebola country.  you made a grown man cry Have you no fucking shame?

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #160 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 7:46pm
David Letterman Dares The Eagles to Sue Him for Playing Their Music

Throughout David Letterman‘s years as a late night talk show host, he’s had a great band to entertain the audience with a seemingly endless supply of cover songs. But there’s one major band that they have never played: the Eagles. On his show Friday (Sept. 12) night, Letterman found out why that’s the case.

As he says in this video above, Letterman had wanted to have the CBS Orchestra play some Eagles songs, but was told by a staff member that it would have cost too much to get the licensing rights. At first he said that he would pay whatever was necessary, but was quickly shot down by his producer, who said, “I don’t think they make exceptions. They have a flat ‘no’ policy for television.”

Naturally, this only made Letterman want to hear them even more, and tried to figure out if there was a loophole. Another member of his staff then pointed out that they could legally play less than three bars of an Eagles song. Then came the process of trying to figure out which hit to play with musical director Paul Shaffer. But the difficulty in trying to choose which ubiquitous Eagles song they were least sick of — from ‘Life in the Fast Lane’ to ‘Hotel California’ to ‘Take It Easy’ — caused Letterman to say, “You know what? I’m not that interested anymore.”

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #161 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 11:23pm
Haha!  Great posts by Nankie and LJ.  Nankie's post had me laughing all day at work.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #162 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 9:44am
" ...........Haha!  Great posts by Nankie , The Joey and LJ.  The Joey's post had me laughing all day at work.  "

Why , Thank You Moonie   ......................  God Gave Me a Gift   .................... and then he Gave Me your Sweet Sweet Love and  ............... What .. ?!     ..... oh , SURE !!! :

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #163 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 9:52am
“I don’t think they make exceptions. They have a flat ‘no’ policy for television.”

*****************  " SIGH !!!! "  ********************

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #164 - Sep 14th, 2014 at 1:04pm
Joey wrote on Sep 14th, 2014 at 9:44am:
" ...........Haha!  Great posts by Nankie , The Joey and LJ.  The Joey's post had me laughing all day at work.  "

Why , Thank You Moonie   ......................  God Gave Me a Gift   .................... and then he Gave Me your Sweet Sweet Love and  ............... What .. ?!     ..... oh , SURE !!! :

Thank you, Captain Coleslaw.  Don't get too big for your britches.

Bango wango fish pie slam!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #165 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:14pm
sirmoonie wrote on Sep 14th, 2014 at 1:04pm:

You really should give sobriety a chance. Boring post

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #166 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 12:29am
fly eagles fly!!!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #167 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 1:08pm
I wonder if any of RO's Patent Attorney's assisted him???!!!!!!!!  Have you no fucking shame? Ouch!

Don Henley Sues Maker of 'Henley' T-Shirt Over Pun

Once again, Don Henley is embroiled in a legal row over trademark infringement. The Eagles singer/drummer has filed suit in a California district court against the Duluth Trading Company over an ad that uses wordplay to seemingly invoke both his name and one of his band’s biggest hits.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the clothing company recently sent out an e-mail advertising its line of Henley shirts with copy that reads, “Don a Henley and Take It Easy.” Henley is claiming that the ad trades on the song’s name and his own, both of which are registered trademarks and were used without permission, and can be interpreted as an endorsement of the shirts. ‘Take It Easy’ was written by Glenn Frey and Jackson Browne.

“This kind of thing happens with some degree of frequency and the members of the Eagles always defend their rights, often at great expense,” Henley’s spokesperson said. “One would think that the people in charge of marketing for these corporations would have learned by now that U.S. law forbids trading on the name of a celebrity without permission from that celebrity.”

The suit, which contains a picture of the ad and can be found here, says that Henley is seeking “damages, including attorneys’ fees, he has sustain and will sustain, and any gains, profits, and advantages obtained by Duluth Trading Company as a result of its infringement as alleged above. At present, the amount of such damages, gains, profits and advantages cannot fully be ascertained by Mr. Henley.”

ABC News Radio says that Duluth Trading Company has issued a statement acknowledging the existence of the suit and that their “policy is to not comment on the specifics regarding matters of litigation.”

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #168 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 1:08am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:14pm:

Suck my dick.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #169 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:52am

'  ............. Wanna-be groupie, inquisitive, MILFY western types.
Old family albums strewn with grainy, square, black and white snapshots of Annie Oakley outfits, with spurs and gems and leather fringe.   "

****************  " SIGH !!!!!   "  **********************

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:54am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #170 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:58am

' ................... anymore of those " live in ' 95 gigs "  ......... ?  '

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #171 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:10pm
Joey wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:58am:
' ................... anymore of those " live in ' 95 gigs "  ......... ?  '

Suck my dick.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #172 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:11am
"  Are you an Eagle monger, Joey?  Do you make it a mission to flog the Eagles?  We are all brothers under the skin, we must learn to respect the stupid opinions of inferior human beings.  "

Enjoy Moonie !!! :

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #173 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 5:51pm
sirmoonie wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 1:08am:

Suck my dick.

And fuck you too.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #174 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:05pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 5:51pm:

Suck my dick.

And fuck you too.

Fuck me?  Lets try to keep this civil, Eagle Boy.  Your cavalier attitude speaks volumes of your reprobate cross-dressing lifestyle.  Keep it at a professional level.  It's the only way the Internet posting system can work.  And I'm fucking tired of reminding you that!

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #175 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:03pm
Who's steering this ship?

We seem adrift in ad hominems while we should be charting a course for fun and adventure!

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #176 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:08pm
Man if you ain't got a driver, peoples gonna get hurt

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #177 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:16pm
You can just tell that sumtin ain't right.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #178 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Nanky, he's telling me like "fuck you" or some such substance.  Why isn't there some forum here where I can file a grievance?  I've been agrrieved.  He has nothing but hearsay, and I have nothing but facts that others will say they told me were probably true.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #179 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 9:26pm
This is not the time or the place for "Who Struck John"

We have serious vectors to work out.
We need a sextant.

Anyone have a sextant?

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #180 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 9:51pm
Okay, let's get this ship righted and get back on track.

We've focused too much on the Eagles collectively and have not looked close enough at the individual talent…

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #181 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:29am
'  ....... young joeykins   ........ do you happen to have a video of that " long night at wrong beach concert ? "

SURE !!!!!     ...... ENJOY !!!!   :

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #182 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:49am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #183 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 4:06pm
" Anyone have a sextant ?  "

... !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #184 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 4:44pm

"  ................... young joey   ............. i really enjoy that Eagles song sung by Randy Meisner  "

... And Here Sir Moonie we have Mr. Randy Meisner from the Great State of Nebraska    ...... Enjoy :

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #185 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 5:41pm
sirmoonie wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:05pm:

Suck my dick.

And fuck you too.

Fuck me?  Lets try to keep this civil, Eagle Boy.  Your cavalier attitude speaks volumes of your reprobate cross-dressing lifestyle.  Keep it at a professional level.  It's the only way the Internet posting system can work.  And I'm fucking tired of reminding you that!

I repeat:
And fuck you too.

IP Logged

Rodney King
Rocks Off Regular

Hey, careful! I bruise
easy!

Reply #186 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 8:53pm
Quote:
I repeat:
And fuck you too.

Seriusly bitches

Can't we all get along?

Can't we all just get a bong?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #187 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:06am
You're the best Rodney King.  Goddam, I admire you.  You will help us defeat these alleged secularists.

IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #188 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:40am
Guys! simmer down. We got isis, Russia, ebola, fox news. I'm gonna have to document this.

Emotional Rescue on a sunny day.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #189 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 11:15am
He's right.  Joey/Starbiff's Eagle thread is one of the best things we have going at the moment.  Let's focus on getting back to basics, focus on who the patriots are, lessening the rhetoric.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #190 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 11:51am

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #191 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 1:12pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #192 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:52pm
"  Let's focus on getting back to basics, focus on who the patriots are, lessening the rhetoric. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #193 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:54pm
" ................  Eagle thread is one of the best things we have going at the moment.  Let's focus on getting back to basics, focus on who the patriots are .............. "

Moonie ?!

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #194 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 5:07pm

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #195 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 5:14pm

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #196 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:17pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 5:41pm:
sirmoonie wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 6:05pm:

Suck my dick.

And fuck you too.

I repeat:
And fuck you too.

Well, it's pretty much the unanimous opinion of the group that you over-extended your argument - space you do not occupy.  Bats in the belfry.  Canaries in the coal mine.  You lost your moment.  Polar inertia.  Mass centralization.  Center of gravity.

I'm pro-freedom, pro-America.  You, on the other hand, seem to metaphorically enjoy wallowing in 55 gallon container sudsy baths of melodorous Eagle piss!

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #197 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:59pm
How about enjoying a young black lady grooving lovelily before returning to the profound constitutional / libertarian & soft-rock issues pressing and at & in hand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfZbj4J71A

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #198 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 10:25pm

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #199 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 10:51pm
Or 'Sheik Ittov'.

This was 'Doom & Gloo' Pt 2, shirley?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #200 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 1:43am
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 9:59pm:
How about enjoying a young black lady grooving lovelily before returning to the profound constitutional / libertarian & soft-rock issues pressing and at & in hand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfZbj4J71A

Amigo, I love this stuff, and I had never seen that video, and I can't date it at the moment.  80's?  Pardon my ignorance here.  The video didn't help much.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #201 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 11:13am
"    ................ I love this stuff, and I had never seen that video, and I can't date it at the moment.  80's?  Pardon my ignorance here.  "

No Problem Moonie   .................... Please Just Enjoy :

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #202 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 1:37pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #203 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 5:38pm

" To repeat myself, the Eagles always seemed the band directly opposite to the Rolling Stones.  All the things that drew me to the Rolling Stones - inspiration, integrity, depth, soul, influences, talent, musicianship, knowledge, growth, sweat, actual good songs - the Eagles thing seems to be almost deliberately against all of that. 

So what is an Eagles fan doing here?   What don't you Eagles fans like? List that out.  What is the point of caring about rock music, if you are an Eagles fan ?  "

IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #204 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Good work guys. Glad we could put this behind us. I felt we would need to appoint a postin' Czar to resolve this issue, Thanks.

Emotional Rescue on a sunny day.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #205 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:14pm
This Eagle thing can get emotional.  And when it gets divided along racial lines like it did here, sometimes people say things they wouldn't normally say.  Somehow I manage to stay above it all.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #206 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:35pm
'Last Night...' was a chipper, stripped-down & dubby dance floor pumper from '82, sirmoonie. It is splendid to think of you jiggling & wiggling to it.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #207 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:08am
Some Guy wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:01pm:
Good work guys. Glad we could put this behind us. I felt we would need to appoint a postin' Czar to resolve this issue, Thanks.

Perhaps we could still use one.
Let us make sure he has absolutely no experience at anything.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #208 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:16am
" This Eagle thing can get emotional.  ....................... Somehow I manage to stay above it all and enjoy ............. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #209 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:20am
" Good work guys. Glad we could put this behind us. I felt we would need to appoint a postin' Czar to resolve this issue, Thanks. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #210 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:22am
"   ................sometimes people say things they wouldn't normally say.  Somehow I manage to stay above it all. "

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #211 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 1:26pm
Joey wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:20am:

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #212 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 9:07pm
Joey wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:20am:
" Good work guys. Glad we could put this behind us. I felt we would need to appoint a postin' Czar to resolve this issue, Thanks. "