Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll closed Poll
Question: Do we still hate the Eagles?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Hate them like either chlamydia and/or Joey's posts    
  14 (28.6%)
Hate them but not so much    
  5 (10.2%)
Meh    
  11 (22.4%)
Like them    
  12 (24.5%)
LOVE them like America, Apple pie and Fryday night Couchchat    
  7 (14.3%)

Total votes: 49
« Last Modified by: Voodoo Chile in Wonderland on: Aug 22nd, 2018 at 7:38pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc) (Read 140,542 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Reply #75 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:38am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
" Joey, can any of the Eagles play dulcimer as good as Brian Jones did ?  "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #76 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 9:20am
Joey, what do you type of people consider to be the Eagle's "Exile Moment"?  I'm still learning about this underrated band.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #77 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 10:06am
" Joey, what do you type of people consider to be the Eagle's "Exile Moment"?  I'm still learning about this underrated band. "

***************  " SIGH !!!! "  ****************

The Following Moonie   ......

The FOLLOWING !!!!!  :

" Late in 1975, Henley became involved with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac, a relationship that made headlines.  "

" Nicks had begun her singing career in San Francisco in the late sixties, met guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, and moved with him to Los Angeles, where they tried to break into the new spawning ground for mainstream rock. In 1975, they met drummer Mick Fleetwood, shortly thereafter joined him in the tenth configuration of his group, and recorded the groundbreaking Fleetwood Mac . Released on Warner/Reprise in August of 1975, it charted for over a year and sent the band on the road for an extended tour.

One night, Henley, long an admirer and aware of the competition between the two bands for best-selling album of the year, decided to pick up the phone and call Nicks, even though they'd never ment or talked to each other before. The two hit it off, and a series of intense wherever-you-are-I'll-find-you calls ensued, during which they commiserated on the loneliness of the long-distance rock-star lifestyle. Henley, still full of Rodkin, found a sympathetic soul in Nicks, who'd recently split from Buckingham. How much worse off was she, Nicks asked Henley, having to perform with her ex every night?

Inevitably, the two groups played the same cities. Knowing Henley was planning to make an appearance backstage one night, Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie of the Mac decided to play a little joke on Nicks by sending her a bouquet of flowers with a card "signed" by Henley that read, "The Best of My Love...Tonight? Don..." A highly offended Nicks fumed over what she considered Henley's arrogance, until he convinced her he had nothing to do with the prank. The two then began a serious two-year affair.

Nicks remembered it this way. "When Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours , I started going out with Don...He was really cute, and he was elegant. Don taught me how to spend money. I just watched him, that's how. He didn't visibly set out to do that. I just watched him. He was okay with, say, buying a house [just] like that, or sending a Lear jet to pick you up.

"He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy. Here's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We were all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic, like Mar-a-lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they delivered it right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful... The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table, and I'm going 'Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well.' And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy... So I went out with Don for a while. I went out with J.D. Souther for a while [as well]. We had an incredible time. Those Eagles were an interesting group of guys."

She became pregnant, and neither doubted Henley was the father. The "situation" was resolved quickly and quietly when Nicks, between tour dates, had an abortion. Although Henley did not try to force the issue, according to friends, she was deeply upset about what she considered his fast and easy consent to her decision. Nicks took it as Henley's way of saying he wasn't intersted in any type of serious long-term commitment. As had become his pattern, in the beginning Henley played the ultimate Southern-charm gentleman -- flowers, phone calls, words of love, Lear jets to Paris for romantic dinners. In the end he was distant, unreachable, brooding, argumentative, and elusive. It was a pattern by now so familiar to the Eagles crew it had become a running joke. Henley's favored method of seduction became to be known as "Love 'em and Lear 'em".

Years later, Henley had this to say about his affair with Nicks: "[Stevie had] named the unborn kid Sara, and she had an abortion." She then wrote the song of the same name (which became a huge hit for her) and, according to Henley, dedicated it "to the spirit of the aborted baby".

Page 168

(Note: They're talking about how the band changed after Hotel California .)

It was a feeling that couldn't have been helped when Rolling Stone published the results of its second Annual Readers' Poll, and the Artist of the Year award went to the Eagles' chief competitiors, Fleetwood Mac. Runners-up included Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, Peter Frampton, and Stevie Wonder. Male Vocalist went to James Taylor, who beat out Jackson Browne. Female Vocalist went to Linda Ronstadt, with Stevie Nicks coming in second. "Dreams", Fleetwood Mac's hit single off their Rumours album, beat out "Hotel California" (second) for Best Single of the Year. Band of the Year also went to Mac, the Eagles again coming in second. Rolling Stone's poll accurately reflected the difference between the popularity of the Eagles and Fleetwood mac. The British-American group would always have a broader if less intense following. Quite simply, the presence of Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie was what seperated the men from the boys. The eagles' primary audience ranged across the board, if more single male adolescent than boomer couples. If Mac also "aged" more gracefully, it was because the music it made came from the real-life drama of its romantic relationships, while the songs of the Eagles seemed by comparison to come from loners, not-so-young men acting like teenage boys still on the sexual make  "

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php?page=index_v2&id=349&c=11

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:16am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #78 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:28am
Hey Joey!

And YES!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #79 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 11:55am
" Hey Joey!
And YES!   "

Hi Jizzy ..........................

Weeding ... ?!

Are you Weeding today ?!

Hashishin'  ..... ?!    .... Weeding .... ?!

Jizzy   .... are you Hashishin' today ?

'kins ™

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #80 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Joey, all rock critics of any significance seem to have come down very hard your Eagle band.  Does that galvanize you and make you love the Eagles more than ever?  Do you type of people consider being trashed on the merits some kind of badge of honor, kind of like how Christians and the Kiss Army react to their criticisms?    Or is it more a sad feeling?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 8:15am
Bitch wrote on Jul 15th, 2014 at 10:20pm:
I like to sing along with the Eagles when I hear them on the radio, they have some good songs and good harmonies, some clever lyrics here and there.
'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'   

'seems like every form of refuge has its price, you cant hide your lying eyes'

'you may lose or you may win, but you will never be here again, so open up I'm climbing in' That's hot!

and my favorite, Life in the fast Lane! They didn't care they were just dying to get off! Everything, all the time...lines in the mirror, lines on their face, they pretended not to notice...surely make you lose your mind!

Yes indeed….lyrical mastery. topped only by "I'm driving by your house though I know you're not home".

You had better be kidding or I am revoking your membership to the exile mafia.

Is Joey the Don Henley of this board, or is it me?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:23am
Joey wrote on Jul 16th, 2014 at 5:38am:

That was absolutely terrible, Joey.  Awful song, and the boring gimmicks they added to it live, just make you grit your teeth. The mentality and ability displayed in that very video is why the Eagles are probably the most hated band in rock history by people who actually care about rock, make it part of their lives.  That's drunk Southern California housewife music, dude.  Staring out the window at the backyard above ground pool, tear in her eye, wondering why her kids are so fat and her husband's weekend shorts go below his knees, type music.  Cheap talking wine music.  Fish music, linoleum margarine ketchup.  You are not proving up your case here.  Piss poor.  Poor piss.  Piss face.  Face o' fish.  Fish music.  Fat music.  Fish fat. 

Eagles?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #83 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:29am
"   That's drunk Southern California housewife music, dude.  Staring out the window at the backyard above ground pool, tear in her eye, wondering why her kids are so fat and her husband's weekend shorts go below his knees, type music.  Cheap talking wine music.    "

... !!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #84 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 6:36pm
We need another political thread.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #85 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 12:10am
MrPleasant wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 6:36pm:
We need another political thread.

The Eagles are goddam Hollywood liberals.  Yet, only people as dumb as George Bush like them.  It's some kind of quasi-aisle crossing clusterfuck of bad taste and piss for brains.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #86 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:29am
Watching paint dry is more fun than listening to these dweebs.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #87 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:13pm
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:29am:
Watching paint dry is more fun than listening to these dweebs.

you see, THAT is what we need more of around here. not some dumb ass picture of a kitten reading an iPad.

interesting documentary on how the eagles brought corporate rock to the LA music scene and killed it. check out what crosby says about them at the end. it's all starting to make sense!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #88 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:34pm
"  .........................  not some dumb ass picture of a kitten reading an iPad.    "

... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #89 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 8:32pm
You give the Eagles too much credit...Irving Azoff decided on rock becoming corporate...the Eagles were a willing vessel

No cats were harmed during the transition from Rock n Roll to Safe n Sane

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #90 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:42pm
No I don't hate the Eagles. But I hate threads from idiots who start threads about hating the Eagles.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #91 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 6:50am
So you got your own Eagles thread Joey.  Well done, my friend.  Well done.  They will come here like mothballs to a flame.  Like urchins to a soup line.  Like little sperms to caviar.  You can build here, Joey.  Build a solid foundation for setting the record straight about the Eagles and their music.  Pomeranian style!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #92 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 8:10am
" They will come here like mothballs to a flame.  Like urchins to a soup line.  Like little sperms to caviar.  You can build here, Joey.  Build a solid foundation for setting the record straight about the Eagles and their music.  Pomeranian style! "

...  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #93 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 9:35am
"  .............     Pomeranian style !    "

...  !!!!!!!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #94 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:54am
How about Eagles solo projects?

The Allnighter was sort of like the Eagles "She's the Boss"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #95 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 7:58am
Woman Stabs Roommate for Refusing to Stop Listening to The Eagles

Police in South Carolina arrested a North Charleston woman Monday night after she allegedly stabbed her roommate multiple times for refusing to stop playing music by the classic rock band The Eagles.

According to the official report, Vernett Bader, 54, became irritated with her 64-year-old roommate (and one-time boyfriend) after he rejected her pleas to turn off the Eagles and told her to "shut up."

Bader then entered the kitchen and grabbed a serrated knife, which she subsequently used to stab her roommate several times in the arm, hand, and elbow.

The roommate and his brother managed to wrestle the knife away from Bader, but she quickly retrieved another from the kitchen.

All three were intoxicated at the time, per the report.

It's unclear which of the band's songs drove Bader over the edge, but police have narrowed down the possible suspects to "Witchy Woman," "Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Take It to the Limit," "One of These Nights," "Tequila Sunrise," and "Hotel California" on repeat.

Bader confessed to the crime, but claimed it was an act of self-defense to counter her roommate's choking.

Investigators say Bader did not have any visible marks on her neck.

Police charged Bader with criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature and she was booked into the Charleston County jail, where she remained held as of this afternoon.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #96 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:26am
I think I will check out how much her bail is!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #97 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:47am
gimmekeef wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:26am:
I think I will check out how much her bail is!

Ask her if she'll start posting here.  She can sort out this goddam Eagles situation we have on our hands once and for all, using methods that I have frankly have been hesitant to use.

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Belo Horizonte
Reply #98 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:47am
The plan is working. They'll all die of fentanyl overdose when me and Mick Taylor turn 35 and 66, respectively.

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #99 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:57am
" Ask her if she'll start posting here.  She can sort out this goddam Eagles situation we have on our hands once and for all, using methods that I have frankly have been hesitant to use "

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)