Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll closed Poll
Question: Do we still hate the Eagles?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Hate them like either chlamydia and/or Joey's posts    
  14 (28.6%)
Hate them but not so much    
  5 (10.2%)
Meh    
  11 (22.4%)
Like them    
  12 (24.5%)
LOVE them like America, Apple pie and Fryday night Couchchat    
  7 (14.3%)

Total votes: 49
« Last Modified by: Voodoo Chile in Wonderland on: Aug 22nd, 2018 at 7:38pm »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc) (Read 140,552 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Reply #275 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 7:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
small frey

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #276 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:10pm
FFS....current Petty tribute opened for a Bon Jovi tribute tonight. The bass player drank some IPAs and met a chick in the crowd, so now the band bus is stuck waiting for him to get his miserable ass back here so we can get f*ckin' home and go to bed. Thankfully, Bon Jovi tributes are not as bad as the real thing, but that isn't saying much.

This brings up a good question that might need another thread, or at least another poll:

Which is worse: Bon Jovi, the Eagles or lemon juice poured into 57 cuts on your leg from a rusty razor blade?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #277 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:12pm
mojoman wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
small frey

Me Arse !!!!!   :     BEST EAGLES YET !!!!!!    :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #278 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:10pm

<  ------------  Some Guy   ?!   ......  !!!!!    :

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/19/the-eagles-sans-glenn-frey-adds-2nd-date-in...

" The Eagles (sans Glenn Frey) adds 2nd date in Atlanta at Philips Arena   "

" Take it easy if you’re worried about availability for the upcoming Eagles concert in Atlanta. The group has added a second date at Philips Arena on October 21 after the first date on October 20 sold out.    "
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:12am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #279 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 8:23am

<  -----------   Starbuck   ?!      ... !!!!!!!   :

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/the-eagles-are-coming-to-town-wi...

" The Eagles are coming to town, with Glenn Frey’s son Deacon taking his place    "

By Nicole Brodeur 

“Oh … OK,” Don Henley said, and then seemed to need a moment to gather his thoughts.

I had started our talk wanting to get the hard stuff out of the way: the loss of his friend and co-founder of The Eagles, Glenn Frey, who passed away in January of last year of pneumonia.

Henley and the band are preparing to tour without him for the first time since his death and will play Safeco Field on Sept. 30, with The Doobie Brothers co-headlining. They’re billing it as “The Classic Northwest.”

“It’s very strange to be on the road without him,” Henley began. “It’s just odd. I don’t know if I will ever get completely accustomed to it.”

But Henley has done the only thing he could do to keep Frey’s spirit alive, and to keep playing: He has asked Frey’s son Deacon to join The Eagles, playing and singing his father’s parts.

“It’s uncanny,” said Henley, the band’s drummer and an accomplished solo artist. “I feel Glenn’s spirit is very near. I look out from the drums to where Deacon is standing and his hair is exactly the same as his father’s was in 1976. He’s taller, but looking at him from the back there, it’s freaky.”

Deacon Frey is just 24, and had only played in front of about 150 people before walking out on stadium stages in front of 55,000.

“It’s extraordinary the way he was able to compose himself,” Henley said. “He decided that rather than living in his father’s shadow, he would pick up the torch and carry it forward.

“We are extremely proud of him, and we know his father would be.”

Things were fine between the two friends before Frey’s death, Henley said. They had just finished the “History of the Eagles” tour and each gone back home to their families.

Frey was working on plans to produce a musical-theater piece based on The Eagles’ catalog — the pivotal piece being the 1976’s 32 million seller, “Hotel California.” Frey, a native of Detroit, had visited the University of Michigan to try out some of the songs with a choral group.

“Just how the songs worked in a different context,” Henley said. “(Frey) was very keen to do that research and find out about the process. And then he got pneumonia.”

Frey was “tired and run down,” was all Henley wanted to say of his friend’s death.

On this day, Henley was home in Dallas, waiting on friends — “refugees” from Hurricane Irma in Florida. One daughter was walking around the house with pneumonia. Another had gotten in a car accident the night before. And did he mention he had just had his first grandchild? A boy.

So it will be a little hard for him to leave them all and tour.

He’s been working out with two trainers and a physical therapist three or four times a week, trying to get physically and mentally prepared.

“I just want to be the best I can be when I’m up there,” he said. “I don’t think people understand what it takes when you’re 70.”

Oh. I think they do. The bulk of Eagles fans are around Henley’s age, and then get younger from there, spanning decades and generations. The band started in 1971, broke up 10 years later and went back out on the road in 1994.

“We have lost some people who were on the front end of it,” he said of their longevity. “But there are still thousands and thousands of people out there who love these songs, which are the soundtrack of their lives.”

Still, he senses something more than singing coming back at him from the audience: Relief.

“These are such strange times we’re living in politically and culturally,” Henley said. “And I think people want something that’s familiar and reassuring up there. There are still, in a world that is seemingly reeling out of control, some things that are relatively constant.”

He still can’t believe The Eagles have lasted this long, and become one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 150 million records — 100 million in the U.S. alone.

Back in the day, Henley used to joke that The Eagles could fall apart at any time.

“Glenn and I both thought every day when we got up, having our coffee, ‘This will probably be the last day of this,’ because fame is fleeting for most people,” he said. “That’s why we wrote ‘New Kid in Town.’ You’re always going to be replaced.

“But we had an extraordinary run and I am still trying to get perspective on it,” he continued. “When I do pause to look back, it’s very dreamlike, and we’re grateful. People talk about getting in touch with your gratitude, and that’s been a present process for me in this last year and a half: to look back at all the unlikely intersections where paths crossed and things happened because of that, and there’s no figuring it out.

“I have tried to figure out why. Why us, and why not some other people?”

There’s no answer, and no need to do anything but get out there and play.

It helps that he will be out there with longtime members Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, country star Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.

“I don’t think I would have done it if he had not come on board,” he said of the younger Frey, who calls him “Uncle Don.”

Henley recalled seeing Deacon Frey sing “Peaceful, Easy Feeling” at his father’s memorial. (“He was so composed and so strong.”)

It didn’t occur to him to put the band back together until a few months later, when longtime manager Irving Azoff — who also manages The Doobies — suggested a joint tour.

“I said, ‘The only way I am willing to do this if is Deacon Frey will join the band,’ ” he said.

Henley spoke with Frey’s widow, Cindy, and then asked Deacon, who was surprised, but enthusiastic.

“I don’t think he was expecting it, but once it sank in, he was in,” Henley said, then got quiet again.

“It’s a strange mixture of grief and celebration,” he said. “We will never get over the loss of Glenn. But over time, you learn how to live with it.”
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2017 at 8:27am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #280 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am
small frey

Big dollars.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #281 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:25am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am:
small frey

Big dollars.

<  --------------  " YES !!!!!!  "    .......  " OMG !!!!   .... YES !!!!!   "      :

https://www.pollstar.com/article/eagles-announce-stadium-tour-133764

" Eagles Announce Stadium Tour "

" Eagles have announced they are hitting stadiums next year with special guests Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band, plus James Taylor and His All-Star Band and Chris Stapleton on many of the dates.

The tour kicks off March 14 in Chicago, and Eagles and company are expected to play shows through July 28, when the team lands in Philadelphia.  Other dates will be titled an “Evening with the Eagles.

Tickets on Sale Beginning Friday, December 1, 2017 at 10 a.m.

The Eagles will be composed of Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will perform the following concerts:

Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field
The Eagles and James Taylor & His All-Star Band will perform the following concerts:
Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park
The Eagles and Chris Stapleton will perform the following concert:
Sat Jun 23 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium
The following “Evening with the Eagles” arena concerts are scheduled for:
Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden

Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, have scored six No. 1 albums and have topped the singles charts five times

The band’s 2014 History of the Eagles Tour broke numerous U.S. box office records and included five sold-out concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY and six sold-out concerts at the Forum in Inglewood, California. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 in their first year of eligibility and received the Kennedy Center Honors in 2016.

Eagles 2018 itinerary:
Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sat Jun 23 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium
Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field
Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden
Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park

Eagles played a handful of dates last year on the heels of the death of Glenn Frey, with his son Deacon and Gill trading off singing duties for the band's founder. The dates, though, were massive concerts with the help of Fleetwood Mac, Journey, and others. The two-night "Classic East" at New York's Citi Field grossed more than $16 million.   "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #282 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 8:45pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am:
small frey

Big dollars.

An EXCELLENT Band    ---  OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:59am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #283 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 7:48pm

<  ----------  Ode to a Great Nebraskan !!!!!    :

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017 at 7:49pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #284 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:46am

< ---- Sir Moonie   ?!  ... !!!!!   :

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/03/13/opening-night-prov...

" Five reasons the Eagles may have already played the year’s best concert   "

" Joe Walsh and Vince Gill elevate band at Bankers Life Fieldhouse  "

" The Eagles, a band reimagined and rejuvenated in its 47th year, may turn out to be the biggest concert story of 2018.

With greetings of "Good morning" from Joe Walsh and "Howdy, Hoosiers" from Don Henley, the Eagles' 53-date tour kicked off Monday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

The two-hour, 40-minute show presented countless musical reminders of Glenn Frey, the co-founding Eagle who died in January 2016.

But it wouldn't be accurate to describe the performance as a memorial for Frey, which seemed to be the spirit of eight concerts the band played last year.

On Monday, Henley mentioned his former partner when introducing "Best of My Love" — the Eagles' first No. 1 hit back in 1974.

And that was it, aside from Deacon Frey, Glenn's son, giving a heartfelt introduction to "Peaceful Easy Feeling": "Here's one my dad used to sing."

The big headlines on opening night belonged to Joe Walsh, an archetypal rock 'n' roll survivor who's rested and ready, and hired-gun vocalist-guitarist Vince Gill.

This duo will put a charge in stadium crowds when the Eagles share bills with Jimmy Buffett, Chris Stapleton and James Taylor this summer.

Walsh summed it up nicely when revising a line from his 1978 classic "Life's Been Good": "I'm making records, my fans they can't wait. They write me emails, tell me Vince is great."

Check out five reasons the year in concerts can belong to the Eagles:

1. The legacy
Deacon Frey is a singer-guitarist in his mid-20s who had limited experience playing in public before last summer. It's not reasonable to expect him to be an equal of Henley, Walsh and Gill, but this tour will give him ample chance to grow as a performer. For now, his defining trait is closed eyes when singing "Take It Easy," "How Long," "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Already Gone." Monday's audience heard a snippet of Deacon replicating his father's natural vocal phrasing during "How Long," a J.D. Souther tune the Eagles played in the early and late stages of the Glenn Frey era. To Deacon's credit, he realizes he's among friends. "Keep that energy coming," he told the packed house. "It's helping me out."

2. Super-sized show
Indianapolis was treated to 28 songs from the Eagles, an expanded program when compared to the standard 23 tunes performed in 2017. Rarities included Gill's rendition of "Ol' '55," a Tom Waits song adopted by the Eagles (the B-side to the "Best of My Love" single, for trivia buffs). According to online concert database Setlist.fm, the band last played "Ol' '55" in 1999. Setlist.fm also reports 16 years passed between the last live version of "Victim of Love" and Monday's. A five-member horn section added cinematic accents to "Witchy Woman," and the horn arrangement on "Funk #49" was as intricate and advanced as anything you'll catch at a rock show.

3. Vince Gill
This 21-time Grammy Award winner and Country Music Hall of Famer mentioned his "hillbilly" roots during Monday's show. It's difficult to imagine a better fit for the band that made country-rock a mainstream sensation in the '70s. Gill covered Timothy B. Schmit's "I Can't Tell You Why" for Nashville compilation "Common Thread" in 1993. Schmit handled that tune himself Monday, but Gill supplied a goosebumps moment when singing the high notes of "Take It to the Limit" — a 1975 Eagles smash originally sung by former bass player Randy Meisner. Another Gill highlight arrived when he sang "Lyin' Eyes," one of the best theater-of-the-mind songs from the pre-MTV days.

4. Guitar brigade
With Walsh, Gill and Steuart Smith (who succeeded Don Felder in the band's live lineup in 2001) onstage, you're guaranteed a parade of beautiful guitars played by masters. Walsh combines brute force and a can't-miss element of joy in his technique. Smith, meanwhile, is a chameleon who's skilled at seemingly all styles and tones. On "Those Shoes," Walsh and Smith executed a rarely seen "talk box" duel in which the guitarists modified their sound using their mouths and plastic tubes. Gill traded acoustic licks with Smith on show-opener "Seven Bridges Road," and he picked staccato Telecaster notes in tandem with Walsh on "Take It Easy."

5. The vets
Henley, Walsh and Schmit are each 70 years old (but that doesn't mean Walsh is too old to wear black leather pants onstage). For uninhibited performances of "Rocky Mountain Way," "Walk Away" and "In the City," Walsh is worthy of "national treasure" status. It wouldn't be an Eagles show without Schmit singing "I Can't Tell You Why," and he dotes on fans more than any other member of the band. Henley stumbled out of the gate with a shaky rendition of "One of These Nights," and he took a breather or two when Walsh had the spotlight. But he flexed his underappreciated soul-man vocals on "Witchy Woman." And Henley appropriately had the last word of the evening when singing get-your-life-right anthem "Desperado."

The songs
The Eagles showcased material ranging from their debut 1972 album (“Take It Easy,” “Witchy Woman” and “Peaceful Easy Feeling”) to the band’s last studio recording, 2007’s “Long Road Out of Eden” (“How Long” and “I Don’t Want to Hear Any More”).

Monday's set list:

1. “Seven Bridges Road” (Steve Young cover)
2. “Take It Easy”
3. “One of These Nights”
4. “Take It to the Limit”
5. “Tequila Sunrise”
6. "Witchy Woman”
7. “In the City”
8. “I Can’t Tell You Why”
9. “How Long” (J.D. Souther cover)
10. “Ol’ ’55” (Tom Waits cover)
11. “Peaceful Easy Feeling”
12. “Best of My Love”
13. “New Kid in Town”
14. “Love Will Keep Us Alive”
15. “Lyin’ Eyes”
16. “Next Big Thing” (Vince Gill song)
17. “I Don’t Want to Hear Any More”
18. “Those Shoes”
19. “Already Gone”
20. “Victim of Love”
21. “Walk Away” (James Gang song)
22. “Heartache Tonight”
23. “Life’s Been Good” (Joe Walsh song)
24. “Funk #49” (James Gang song)
25. “Life in the Fast Lane”
First encore:
26. “Hotel California”
Second encore:
27. “Rocky Mountain Way” (Joe Walsh song)
28. “Desperado”
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 9:48am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #285 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 9:34am
It's not so much that I Hate the Eagles, but more thatZzzzzzzzzzz

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #286 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:48pm

<  ------------ Baby Egon  ?!   .. !!!!   :

http://rarasfarm.com/2018/eagles-rock-camping-world-stadium/

" EAGLES ROCK CAMPING WORLD STADIUM  "

Eagles / Jimmy Buffett Show Review

" I have a policy these days that if a band does not approve me for press credentials, I don’t cover them on the blog. But, it’s my blog and I’m allowed to break the rules. And, last night was a show that just begged for an exception .

I was a casual fan, and had never seen the Eagles.  With all of the recent deaths in the rock universe, I figure it was time to check out their live show.

Before the show one of our friends asked if I was going to review the show, and I answered “Probably not, unless something special happens.” I did absolutely no prep work, and took no notes, nor photos, but something special did indeed happen.

But, let me start with something that was not special. Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band. Buffett and crew sounded mediocre, generally looked ill-prepared and were kind of going through the motions. They were having fun, but their set list was generally the same as always, and their sound and show just doesn’t translate well for rock fans. Buffett is perfectly fine for an arena or amphitheater show where everyone is drunk and just looking for a reason to stumble around the arena – and as someone who has done that once or twice, there is nothing wrong with that – but it did not work at Camping World Stadium.

Things got much better when the Eagles slipped onto the dark stage and started the first sweet notes of “Seven Bridges Road.” At first I thought it was a little odd starting with a cover, but it worked out perfectly and set the stage for a fantastic night of music. The song is built around five-part harmonies and the band pulled it off masterfully. The pristine harmonies were a constant theme all night.

Immediately after it finished, Don Henley introduced the young guy on the stage: “Glenn’s son Deacon,” and they kicked into “Take It Easy,” and the kid sounded pretty damn good. Deacon Frey took lead vocal responsibilities on a few other songs, and after quickly addressing the crowd with a heartfelt thank you, he offered, “This is one of my dad’s songs,” and kicked into “Already Gone.”

The other new kid in town was Vince Gill who delivered near perfect renditions of “Take It to the Limit” and “Tequila Sunrise” early in the set. He later mentioned that he was a 61 year-old kid living a dream just before playing “New Kid In Town.” Some drunk woman kept screaming “he has the voice of an angel.” She was loud, but it was hard to argue with her… Gill also helped expand the set list diversity a bit by throwing in one of his country songs, “Next Big Thing.”

Henley mentioned early in the evening that they would be playing for two and a half hours “because we can.” And along with Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit, the trio of 70 year-old rockers delivered all night long. Schmit had his foot in a cast propped up in front of him the entire show, but was solid all night, and delivered a few priceless lead vocals.

Henley spent the night rotating through his drum kit, a percussion riser and an acoustic guitar and shined frequently. He was affable and likable, and his vocals are still quite good. He also shared a few poignant Glenn Frey stories, including one about his old ’55 Chevy, before the band offered up a cover of Tom Waits’ “Ol’ 55.”

For the first 90 minutes of the show, the perfectly constructed set list (see below) was generally more mellow, acoustic stuff that had the crowd singing along frequently. Up to that point, Joe Walsh was kind of a bit player, but damn did that change over the last hour, and the energy and volume kicked up a few notches, as well.

Over the last ten or so songs, Walsh spent the majority of the time in the spotlight. Speaking to the crowd, his words are damn near incomprehensible, but it was obvious he was in rare form. His vocals are not what they once were, but at 70, he sounded great. And, the dude can still play guitar. With 40 minutes left, there were only about 4 Eagles hits the band had yet to play and I was wondering how they’d get to 2 1/2 hours. The answer… dig into Walsh’s catalog. They added four of his songs into their closing sequence, including scorching versions of James Gang’s “Walk Away” and “Funk 49.” Priceless.

They closed their set with “Life in the Fast Lane” and then encored with a near-perfect version of “Hotel California” where the dual guitar solos from Walsh and touring guitarist Steuart Smith was mesmerizing.  Smith delivered pristine guitar work all night and was a nice surprise. The band came out for a 2nd encore where they dished out a raucous “Rocky Mountain Way” before sending the fully-satiated fans into the cool Orlando night with a beautiful version of “Desparado.”

We had $100 seats up in the Orlando International flight path, but it was worth every cent.  A legendary band delivering an epic show with a little help from their friends. I’d go again, but might skip the opener next time…

Eagles Setlist – Camping World Stadium, Orlando
Seven Bridges Road
Take It Easy
One of These Nights
Take It to the Limit
Tequila Sunrise
Witchy Woman
In the City
I Can’t Tell You Why
How Long
Ol’ ’55
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Best of My Love
New Kid in Town
Love Will Keep Us Alive

Lyin’ Eyes
Next Big Thing
I Don’t Want to Hear Anymore
Those Shoes
Already Gone
Victim of Love
Walk Away
Heartache Tonight
Life’s Been Good
Funk #49
Life in the Fast Lane

Encore:
Hotel California

Encore 2:
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:43am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #287 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:09pm
sirmoonie wrote on Dec 31st, 2016 at 1:16am:
hashtag #eaglesfanssuckondickalldaylong

<   -------------   EMOTIONAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #288 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 7:25am
I heard the news today, oh boy
Eagles take the first spot from MJ!
No news here:
https://www.stereogum.com/2010894/eagles-now-have-the-1-album-of-all-time/news/
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2018 at 7:29am by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #289 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 12:36pm
In reality hatred for the Eagles just keeps getting more intense.....that is all..please resume regular posting at will

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #290 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 2:48pm
I saw this today. Made me throw up in my mouth a little. Kind of like what Joey's insipid posts have done to this once great thread. (Cue: couches burning)

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #291 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:49am
Now I am staring to hate those birds.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #292 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 9:02pm

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #293 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 9:06pm
What casino is Henley singing in?

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #294 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 5:39am
andrews27 wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 9:06pm:

Not actually a casino:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #295 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 12:57pm

<  -------------- EDITH    ..... ?!  ... !!!!!!    ......... More Eagles Gigs in 2019 ?!  ... !!!!!    ....  I SAY  ,   .....   " YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    "    :

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/09/09/eagles-concert-re...

" The Eagles honor Glenn Frey's memory in a hit-filled set while welcoming new members   "

" When Glenn Frey died in 2016, it was hard to imagine the Eagles without him.

He was so much more than just a founding member, so much more than just the guy who sang lead vocals on so many of the hits that will continue to define their legacy.

To many fans, he'd come to represent the Eagles' very soul.

But here they are, two years later, not long after overtaking Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to reclaim their spot at No. 1 on the list of biggest-selling albums in U.S. history with "Their Greatest Hits (1971–1975)," touring sold-out arenas with two new guys drafted to replace him.

Or if not replace him, to help fill the void.

And you know what? These Eagles sounded great at Talking Stick Resort Arena, from the time they hit the stage and stood there, six musicians in a line, to start Saturday's show with a flawless display of close harmonies on "Seven Bridges Road," the Steve Young cover that became an Eagles song when they released it as the single for their 1980 album, "Eagles Live."

We got our first taste of new member Vince Gill's guitar work on the solo of that first song when he traded acoustic guitar licks with longtime sideman Steuart Smith, who adds so much to an Eagles performance, it's almost weird that he's not thought of as a proper Eagle.

Then the other new guy stepped into the spotlight, singing lead on "Take it Easy," a song his father wrote with Jackson Browne that would become the Eagles' breakthrough hit.

To say that Deacon Frey, now in his early 20s, bears an uncanny resemblance to the way his father looked in his '70s prime, with his shoulder-length hair and mustache, would be something of an understatement. And he sang it really well.

From there, the spotlight shifted to the drum kit, where Don Henley, now the only member of the Eagles who's actually featured on that biggest-selling album in U.S. history, led his bandmates in "One of These Nights."

At the song's conclusion, Henley stepped out from behind the drums to address the crowd.

"We are going to play over two hours of music for you this evening," he said. "Forget about the news. It'll all be there in the morning."

Then, he welcomed the new kids in town.

"We are very proud and delighted," he said, "to have Glenn's son Deacon up here with us. Deacon has had big shoes to fill. He's done an admirable job of stepping up."

When Henley noted that his first show with the Eagles was at Dodgers stadium, it was met with a chorus of boos.

"It's not about baseball," Henley replied with a smile. "Try doing your first gig in front of 56,000 people and see how you feel."

Then he introduced Gill, a well-respected country superstar who briefly fronted Pure Prairie League ("Let Me Love You Tonight" was his handiwork) before launching a solo career.

He's also, in Henley's assessment, "one of this nation's most beloved singer-songwriters and guitarists."

Before Gill took the spotlight, singing lead on "Take It to the Limit," Henley dedicated Saturday's performance "to Glenn and to Glenn's road manager Tommy Nixon, who lived right here in Phoenix."

Gill gave "Take It to the Limit" a soulful read, his voice a little twangier and at the same time more subdued than Randy Meisner's was on the original And he nailed that endless high note at the end.

Gill stayed on vocals for "Tequila Sunrise." Then the Eagles' five-man horn squad took the stage for "Witchy Woman," fleshing out the sound while Smith and the Eagle most likely to light up a room, Joe Walsh, played up the grit to that guitar riff, sounding more like something off John Lennon's "Plastic Ono Band" than it does on the record.

The fans, most of whom had remained in their seats through most of the preceding songs, rose to their feet to greet Walsh's first turn in the vocal spotlight, "In the City."

By that point, we'd already heard from four lead vocalists, each bringing something distinct to the mix. Then Timothy B. Schmit stepped to the mic and added one more flavor with his deeply soulful "I Can't Tell You Why."

Gill was back on lead vocals for a bittersweet reading of "New Kid in Town." Before the night was through, he'd also do the honors on "Ol' '55," "Lyin' Eyes," "Heartache Tonight" and a well-received version of his own chart-topping country hit, "Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away."

At one point, Gill said, "I just want to say one sweet thing, on behalf of myself and Deacon. We are beyond honored to trying to keep up the legacy of the great Glenn Frey, singing these songs. And thank you for being so gracious to the both of us."

It should come as no surprise that a man who's made a living as a singer would manage to rise to occasion the way Gill did on his first tour as an Eagle.

As Schmit said after "Lyin' Eyes," "So how 'bout that Vince Gill? Can he sing or what?"

Oh, he can definitely sing.

As for the other new kid, Frey is obviously less experienced than Gill. In fact, I'm pretty sure he wasn't even born when Gill recorded "Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away."

And the fact that Glenn Frey was his father means his father's legacy is bound to cast a greater shadow over him than any other singer they could bring into the fold.

But Deacon did the old man proud on "Peaceful Easy Feeling." It was prefaced by him saying, "Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so welcoming to me" and ended with his father's face projected on the screen behind him in a touching tribute

The young Frey took one final lead, sharing vocals with Henley on "Already Gone" before the spotlight shifted back to Walsh for a classic from his James Gang days, a horn-fueled "Walk Away," which he followed with a wildly entertaining "Life's Been Good."

Before he got to “Life’s Been Good,” Walsh led the fans in a truly hilarious call-and-response on a series of goofy noises before coaching them on the shouting of the word “Baloney!”

“I need that in the next song,” Walsh explained. “You’ve gotta help me. I’ll tell you right where it is and when we get there, give me your best ‘baloney.’ I guarantee, going home tonight, you’re gonna say to yourself, 'I made a huge difference today.'”

He's such a total goof, and one of rock's most enduring enigmas, with the skills to back it up on lead guitar and vocals, and a dedication to the talk box solo fit to rival Peter Frampton (including a great dual-talk-box solo with Smith on "Those Shoes").

By the time he got the crowd to shout "baloney!" during "Life's Been Good," it was clear that there could be no turning back, no dipping into songs no casual fan would know or care to hear such as Schmit's really pretty rendition of that post-reunion track, "Love Will Keep Us Alive."

It was Gill on lead vocals for "Heartache Tonight," the Eagles' last chart-topping hit, and back to Walsh for one more James Gang gem (with horns), "Funk #49," before Henley closed the set with a suitably spirited "Life in the Fast Lane," also with horns and a brilliant lead from Walsh.

A trumpet player set the tone for "Hotel California," the first of two encores, which built to an epic guitar jam, like it does. And they returned to launch the second encore with another Walsh song, "Rocky Mountain Way," which featured talk box, horns and slide guitar, before ending the night on a bittersweet note with a gorgeous take on "Desperado."

By that point, any doubts that lingered going into Saturday's performance as to whether this new lineup should even exist had long since been erased. As a tribute to the Eagles' legacy, to Glenn Frey's memory and to all their music ever meant to all those fans who paid to see the Eagles of 2018?

It was as close to flawless as a fan had any right to dream it would be.

Setlist
"Seven Bridges Road"

"Take It Easy"

"One of These Nights"

"Take It to the Limit"

"Tequila Sunrise"

"Witchy Woman"

"In the City"

"I Can't Tell You Why"

"New Kid in Town"

"Peaceful Easy Feeling"

"Ol' '55"

"Lyin' Eyes"

"Love Will Keep Us Alive"

"Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away"

"Those Shoes"

"Already Gone"

"Walk Away"

"Life's Been Good"

"Heartache Tonight"

"Funk #49"

"Life In the Fast Lane"

Encore 1

"Hotel California"

Encore 2

"Rocky Mountain Way"

"Desperado"

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2018 at 2:05pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #296 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 2:10pm
andrews27 wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 9:06pm:

< ----------------  ****************  " SIGH !!!!  "  ********************   WE GOT GREAT NEWS !!!!

https://eagles.com/news/297839

" 2019 European Tour Announced . "

" The Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey - are bringing their critically acclaimed tour to Europe in 2019 and will perform classics spanning their career, including “Hotel California,” “One of These Nights,” “Life in the Fast Lane,” “Desperado,” and many more. The tour begins on Sunday 26 May at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp, Belgium, and includes concerts in Cologne, Munich, Amsterdam, Zurich, Stockholm, Copenhagen, London (with Special Guest Sheryl Crow), Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Glasgow, and Dublin. A full list of dates can be found below.

A limited number of VIP packages will be available. Select packages may include premium seating, preshow VIP lounge, exclusive merchandise & more!  Tickets go on sale Friday, October 5th at 9am.

05/26/2019 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Sportpaleis
05/28/2019 - Cologne, Germany @ Lanxess Arena
05/30/2019 - München, Germany @ Olympiahalle
06/3/2019 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Ziggo Dome
06/5/2019 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Hallenstadion
06/8/2019 - Stockholm, Sweden @ Tele2 Arena
06/10/2019 - Copenhagen, Denmark @ Royal Arena
06/23/2019 - London, United Kingdom @ Wembley Stadium
06/26/2019 - Manchester, United Kingdom @ Manchester Arena
06/28/2019 - Birmingham, United Kingdom @ Arena Birmingham
06/30/2019 - Liverpool, United Kingdom @ Echo Arena
07/2/2019 - Leeds, United Kingdom @ First Direct Arena
07/4/2019 - Glasgow, United Kingdom @ SSE Hydro
07/6/2019 - Dublin, Ireland @ 3Arena

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2018 at 2:12pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #297 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 3:46pm

<  --------------------   YES !!!!!!!   ....... MORE GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :

https://eagles.com/news/297855

" Eagles To Perform In Australia and New Zealand 2019 .  "

" The Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey - will bring their critically-acclaimed Eagles World Tour to Australia and New Zealand in February and March.

On this tour the Eagles will be accompanied on stage by an incredible live band that includes a full horn section and full string section. Since the tour began in March, the rock icons have performed to more than half a million fans, gathering shining reviews from critics and fans alike.

Tickets go on sale Monday, October 15.

02/26/19 - Auckland, New Zealand @ Spark Arena
03/02/19 - Dunedin, New Zealand @ Forsyth Barr Stadium
03/05/19 - Melbourne, Australia @ Rod Laver Arena
03/09/19 - Brisbane, Australia @ Brisbane Entertainment Centre
03/13/19 - Sydney, Australia @ Qudos Bank Arena "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #298 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:02am

<  ---------------  ODE TO RANDY MEISNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:14am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #299 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 8:33pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 18th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Fuck the goddam Eagles.  Piss ass fucking geek fucking music for people bereft of the ying/yang of life.  The Eagles make me fucking sick.

Contrast a band like The Rolling Stones.  Distinctionism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)