Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Do we still hate the Eagles?

Hate them like either chlamydia and/or Joey's posts    
  11 (31.4%)
Hate them but not so much    
  2 (5.7%)
Meh    
  7 (20.0%)
Like them    
  10 (28.6%)
LOVE them like America, Apple pie and Fryday night Couchchat    
  5 (14.3%)

Total votes: 35
« Created by: Starbuck on: Jun 8th, 2014 at 10:00pm »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc) (Read 55,288 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

the citadel
Re: Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Reply #275 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 7:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
small frey

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #276 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:10pm
FFS....current Petty tribute opened for a Bon Jovi tribute tonight. The bass player drank some IPAs and met a chick in the crowd, so now the band bus is stuck waiting for him to get his miserable ass back here so we can get f*ckin' home and go to bed. Thankfully, Bon Jovi tributes are not as bad as the real thing, but that isn't saying much.

This brings up a good question that might need another thread, or at least another poll:

Which is worse: Bon Jovi, the Eagles or lemon juice poured into 57 cuts on your leg from a rusty razor blade?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #277 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:12pm
mojoman wrote on Aug 14th, 2017 at 7:02pm:
small frey

Me Arse !!!!!   :     BEST EAGLES YET !!!!!!    :

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #278 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:10pm

<  ------------  Some Guy   ?!   ......  !!!!!    :

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/19/the-eagles-sans-glenn-frey-adds-2nd-date-in...

" The Eagles (sans Glenn Frey) adds 2nd date in Atlanta at Philips Arena   "

" Take it easy if you’re worried about availability for the upcoming Eagles concert in Atlanta. The group has added a second date at Philips Arena on October 21 after the first date on October 20 sold out.    "
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:12am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #279 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 8:23am

<  -----------   Starbuck   ?!      ... !!!!!!!   :

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/the-eagles-are-coming-to-town-wi...

" The Eagles are coming to town, with Glenn Frey’s son Deacon taking his place    "

By Nicole Brodeur 

“Oh … OK,” Don Henley said, and then seemed to need a moment to gather his thoughts.

I had started our talk wanting to get the hard stuff out of the way: the loss of his friend and co-founder of The Eagles, Glenn Frey, who passed away in January of last year of pneumonia.

Henley and the band are preparing to tour without him for the first time since his death and will play Safeco Field on Sept. 30, with The Doobie Brothers co-headlining. They’re billing it as “The Classic Northwest.”

“It’s very strange to be on the road without him,” Henley began. “It’s just odd. I don’t know if I will ever get completely accustomed to it.”

But Henley has done the only thing he could do to keep Frey’s spirit alive, and to keep playing: He has asked Frey’s son Deacon to join The Eagles, playing and singing his father’s parts.

“It’s uncanny,” said Henley, the band’s drummer and an accomplished solo artist. “I feel Glenn’s spirit is very near. I look out from the drums to where Deacon is standing and his hair is exactly the same as his father’s was in 1976. He’s taller, but looking at him from the back there, it’s freaky.”

Deacon Frey is just 24, and had only played in front of about 150 people before walking out on stadium stages in front of 55,000.

“It’s extraordinary the way he was able to compose himself,” Henley said. “He decided that rather than living in his father’s shadow, he would pick up the torch and carry it forward.

“We are extremely proud of him, and we know his father would be.”

Things were fine between the two friends before Frey’s death, Henley said. They had just finished the “History of the Eagles” tour and each gone back home to their families.

Frey was working on plans to produce a musical-theater piece based on The Eagles’ catalog — the pivotal piece being the 1976’s 32 million seller, “Hotel California.” Frey, a native of Detroit, had visited the University of Michigan to try out some of the songs with a choral group.

“Just how the songs worked in a different context,” Henley said. “(Frey) was very keen to do that research and find out about the process. And then he got pneumonia.”

Frey was “tired and run down,” was all Henley wanted to say of his friend’s death.

On this day, Henley was home in Dallas, waiting on friends — “refugees” from Hurricane Irma in Florida. One daughter was walking around the house with pneumonia. Another had gotten in a car accident the night before. And did he mention he had just had his first grandchild? A boy.

So it will be a little hard for him to leave them all and tour.

He’s been working out with two trainers and a physical therapist three or four times a week, trying to get physically and mentally prepared.

“I just want to be the best I can be when I’m up there,” he said. “I don’t think people understand what it takes when you’re 70.”

Oh. I think they do. The bulk of Eagles fans are around Henley’s age, and then get younger from there, spanning decades and generations. The band started in 1971, broke up 10 years later and went back out on the road in 1994.

“We have lost some people who were on the front end of it,” he said of their longevity. “But there are still thousands and thousands of people out there who love these songs, which are the soundtrack of their lives.”

Still, he senses something more than singing coming back at him from the audience: Relief.

“These are such strange times we’re living in politically and culturally,” Henley said. “And I think people want something that’s familiar and reassuring up there. There are still, in a world that is seemingly reeling out of control, some things that are relatively constant.”

He still can’t believe The Eagles have lasted this long, and become one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 150 million records — 100 million in the U.S. alone.

Back in the day, Henley used to joke that The Eagles could fall apart at any time.

“Glenn and I both thought every day when we got up, having our coffee, ‘This will probably be the last day of this,’ because fame is fleeting for most people,” he said. “That’s why we wrote ‘New Kid in Town.’ You’re always going to be replaced.

“But we had an extraordinary run and I am still trying to get perspective on it,” he continued. “When I do pause to look back, it’s very dreamlike, and we’re grateful. People talk about getting in touch with your gratitude, and that’s been a present process for me in this last year and a half: to look back at all the unlikely intersections where paths crossed and things happened because of that, and there’s no figuring it out.

“I have tried to figure out why. Why us, and why not some other people?”

There’s no answer, and no need to do anything but get out there and play.

It helps that he will be out there with longtime members Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, country star Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.

“I don’t think I would have done it if he had not come on board,” he said of the younger Frey, who calls him “Uncle Don.”

Henley recalled seeing Deacon Frey sing “Peaceful, Easy Feeling” at his father’s memorial. (“He was so composed and so strong.”)

It didn’t occur to him to put the band back together until a few months later, when longtime manager Irving Azoff — who also manages The Doobies — suggested a joint tour.

“I said, ‘The only way I am willing to do this if is Deacon Frey will join the band,’ ” he said.

Henley spoke with Frey’s widow, Cindy, and then asked Deacon, who was surprised, but enthusiastic.

“I don’t think he was expecting it, but once it sank in, he was in,” Henley said, then got quiet again.

“It’s a strange mixture of grief and celebration,” he said. “We will never get over the loss of Glenn. But over time, you learn how to live with it.”
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2017 at 8:27am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #280 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am
small frey

Big dollars.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #281 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:25am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am:
small frey

Big dollars.

<  --------------  " YES !!!!!!  "    .......  " OMG !!!!   .... YES !!!!!   "      :

https://www.pollstar.com/article/eagles-announce-stadium-tour-133764

" Eagles Announce Stadium Tour "

" Eagles have announced they are hitting stadiums next year with special guests Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band, plus James Taylor and His All-Star Band and Chris Stapleton on many of the dates.

The tour kicks off March 14 in Chicago, and Eagles and company are expected to play shows through July 28, when the team lands in Philadelphia.  Other dates will be titled an “Evening with the Eagles.

Tickets on Sale Beginning Friday, December 1, 2017 at 10 a.m.

The Eagles will be composed of Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will perform the following concerts:

Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field
The Eagles and James Taylor & His All-Star Band will perform the following concerts:
Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park
The Eagles and Chris Stapleton will perform the following concert:
Sat Jun 23 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium
The following “Evening with the Eagles” arena concerts are scheduled for:
Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden

Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, have scored six No. 1 albums and have topped the singles charts five times

The band’s 2014 History of the Eagles Tour broke numerous U.S. box office records and included five sold-out concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY and six sold-out concerts at the Forum in Inglewood, California. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 in their first year of eligibility and received the Kennedy Center Honors in 2016.

Eagles 2018 itinerary:
Wed Mar 14 Chicago, IL United Center
Fri Mar 23 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
Sat Apr 14 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
Thu May 10 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sat Jun 23 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium
Thu Jun 28 Denver, CO Coors Field
Sat Jun 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Field
Sun Jul 15 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Fri Jul 20 Boston, MA TD Garden
Thu Jul 26 Washington, DC Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park

Eagles played a handful of dates last year on the heels of the death of Glenn Frey, with his son Deacon and Gill trading off singing duties for the band's founder. The dates, though, were massive concerts with the help of Fleetwood Mac, Journey, and others. The two-night "Classic East" at New York's Citi Field grossed more than $16 million.   "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #282 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 8:45pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:26am:
small frey

Big dollars.

An EXCELLENT Band    ---  OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!   :

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 8:59am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #283 - Yesterday at 7:48pm

<  ----------  Ode to a Great Nebraskan !!!!!    :

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 7:49pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Child in Wonderland)