Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll closed Poll
Question: Do we still hate the Eagles?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Hate them like either chlamydia and/or Joey's posts    
  14 (28.6%)
Hate them but not so much    
  5 (10.2%)
Meh    
  11 (22.4%)
Like them    
  12 (24.5%)
LOVE them like America, Apple pie and Fryday night Couchchat    
  7 (14.3%)

Total votes: 49
« Last Modified by: Voodoo Chile in Wonderland on: Aug 22nd, 2018 at 7:38pm »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc) (Read 140,548 times)
munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Re: Do we still hate the Eagles? (nsc)
Reply #225 - Jul 17th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Hey! Have you guys heard about the Eagles collaboration with the Stones? This is gonna be awesome...

Its like a Memory Hotel Victim Of Love Is Strong

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #226 - Jul 18th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Fuck the goddam Eagles.  Piss ass fucking geek fucking music for people bereft of the ying/yang of life.  The Eagles make me fucking sick.

Contrast a band like The Rolling Stones.  Distinctionism.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #227 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 8:51am
" Fuck the goddam Eagles.  Piss ass fucking geek fucking music for people bereft of the ying/yang of life.  The Eagles make me fucking sick.    "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #228 - Jul 19th, 2015 at 10:46am
They were RITE on last nite!!!

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #229 - Jul 20th, 2015 at 8:21pm
lavendar wrote on Jul 19th, 2015 at 10:46am:
They were RITE on last nite!!!

No, they weren't.  Are you a female?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #230 - Jul 20th, 2015 at 8:38pm
This is one of f*cked up funny thread.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #231 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 5:08am
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 18th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Fuck the goddam Eagles.  Piss ass fucking geek fucking music for people bereft of the ying/yang of life.  The Eagles make me fucking sick.

Contrast a band like The Rolling Stones.  Distinctionism.

Hear, hear.  Let us have a toast.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #232 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 10:13pm

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #233 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 6:20pm
That's a great article, Stargink.  I'm glad to have you on our side in this Eagles thing.

I'm proud to have hated the fucking Eagles since I was 14, and everyone was playing that Greatest Hits thing.  Didn't take me long to dismiss it, and I have nothing but scorn and derision for those who didn't.  The Eagles and their legions of fans make me ill.  Stones!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #234 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:54am
moonie ?

Don Henley Laments the Death of Common Courtesy
By Jeff Giles September 30, 2015

Erika Goldring, Getty Images

Don Henley wrote a substantial portion of his new Cass County album while driving the 154-mile distance between Dallas and Linden, Texas, and the experience left him feeling fairly grim about the state of American society.

Saying he was cut off by other drivers on a regular basis, Henley told Paste, “That encapsulates the whole fabric of our society now. Common courtesy is gone.”

The next logical step, continued Henley, is to remove turn signals from cars in order to really reflect how modern driving is a “bloodsport.” “If you want to change lanes or get off the freeway, you’d better start doing it a mile or two in advance, because nobody gives a s— what you want to do,” he warned. “That’s what happens when there’s too many f—ing people, like the psychologist who did the simple experiment of putting rats in a cage — the more you put in, the more aggressive their behavior becomes. It’s just a simple equation, but I don’t know what the answer is.”

He may not know what the answer is, but Henley — who’s devoted much of his time, money and energy to environmental causes over the last several decades — sees an inevitable endpoint looming, regardless of whether we treat other drivers fairly. “Nature’s going to take care of it,” he shrugged. “We’re going to run out of f—ing water, and that’s going to be it. That said? Life is still pretty good. And it’s better than the alternative, I guess.”

Read More: Don Henley Laments the Death of Common Courtesy | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-common-courtesy/?utm_source=sailthru&u...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #235 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:40pm
"  That said? Life is still pretty good. And it’s better than the alternative, I guess.”

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #236 - Nov 7th, 2015 at 8:54am
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/11/04/kennedy-center-postpones-honors-ea...

" The Eagles are going to have to wait another year to receive their Kennedy Center Honors.

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts announced Wednesday it will postpone the presentation of Kennedy Center Honors to the Eagles due to band member Glenn Frey’s health concerns.

“The Eagles will be unable to participate in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors on December 6th due to Glenn Frey’s health,” said the band in a statement. “Mr. Frey has had a recurrence of previous intestinal issues, which will require major surgery and a lengthy recovery period. The Kennedy Center has graciously agreed to postpone the Eagles’ award presentation until next year, when all four Eagles, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit, can attend.”

While the band won't be participating, this year's gala will continue as scheduled on Dec. 6, where singer-songwriter Carole King, filmmaker George Lucas, actress and singer Rita Moreno, conductor Seiji Ozawa and actress and Broadway star Cicely Tyson will be honored.

Kennedy Center President Deborah Rutter sent her best wishes to Frey for a full recovery.  “It felt only right to defer bestowing this extraordinary honor to the group when Glenn could also be in attendance," says Rutter in a statement. "We look forward to the Eagles’ participation in the 2016 Honors.”

The Honors gala will air at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Dec. 29 on CBS.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #237 - Nov 7th, 2015 at 11:50am
Have we resolved this issue?

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #238 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 5:29pm
Oh well, it's been a good day in hell .

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #239 - Nov 13th, 2015 at 11:02am
And tomorrow I'll be glory bound

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #240 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 1:59pm
Wife of Eagles' Randy Meisner Shot and Killed, Investigation Ongoing

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wife-of-eagles-randy-meisner-shot-and-kil...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #241 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 9:50pm
I think we still hate the Eagles, but feel properly sorry for them.  Best wishes to the Meisner family.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #242 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:08pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #243 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 9:09am

*****************   {   "  OMFG !!!!!!  "   }  ****************

Why ?!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35780920

" Don Henley: The Eagles won't play again  "

" Don Henley has described The Eagles' tribute to guitarist Glenn Frey as the band's "final farewell".

The remaining members of the group, accompanied by Jackson Browne, played a poignant version of Take It Easy at last month's Grammys ceremony, just a month after Frey died at the age of 67.

Speaking to BBC Radio 2's Simon Mayo, Henley described the performance as "very difficult and very emotional," revealing "we almost didn't do it".

The star added: "I think it was an appropriate farewell. I don't think you'll see us performing again."

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #244 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:24pm
So anyway, some of the guys in my current cover band have broken off from the rest of the group and have started an Eagles tribute band. As God as my witness, I have no #@#!ing idea what I should do. Should I talk to the rest of the guys in our band and get them kicked out? Should I take my Rickenbacker and go home? I am seriously losing sleep on this issue, as it will significantly hamper my social standing to be seen with them. Such talented musicians, too.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? What did you do?

The only thing I can think of is for me and moonie to head down to their opening gig this weekend with "Eagles suck!" painted on our buttocks so we can drop trau when they start playing "Hotel California". Anyone else care to join us?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #245 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:51pm
Starbuck wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:24pm:
So anyway, some of the guys in my current cover band have broken off from the rest of the group and have started an Eagles tribute band. As God as my witness, I have no #@#!ing idea what I should do. Should I talk to the rest of the guys in our band and get them kicked out? Should I take my Rickenbacker and go home? I am seriously losing sleep on this issue, as it will significantly hamper my social standing to be seen with them. Such talented musicians, too.

The only thing I can think of is for me and moonie to head down to their opening gig this weekend with "Eagles suck!" painted on our buttocks so we can drop trau when they start playing "Hotel California". Anyone else care to join us?

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016/09/don-felder-bernie-leadon-and-randy.html

" Don Felder, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner Will NOT Be Part of the Eagles' Kennedy Center Honors  "

" Despite a year long campaign by a fan, the Kennedy Center has decided not to include Don Felder, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner as part of the Eagles' Kennedy Center Honors.

The Eagles were supposed to receive the honor last December but they asked to have it postponed a year while Glenn Frey was going through a medical situation. Shortly after the initial announcement in 2015, fan Brandon Butler started a petition asking the Kennedy Center to included all of the past members of the band who contributed so much to their sound and career to be included in the ceremony.

In August, Butler sent the petition to the Kennedy Center but, unfortunately, he received the following statement back from Deborah Rutter, president of the Center:
The Kennedy Center consulted with the Eagles and through that discussion, it was determined that the four band members who "carried the torch" --Don Henley, the late Glenn Frey, Timothy B. Schmit, and Joe Walsh--will be awarded the Honors. We appreciate that there will be some debate about who constitutes the Eagles. This determination does not discredit the contributions of former band members.
Still, Butler is not giving up completely. He has asked Ms. Rutter to at least consider inviting Felder, Leadon and Meisner so that they can "feel a sense of pride and accomplishment watching the tributes from their fellow artists."

Butler added:
I want to send one final message to Don, Bernie, and Randy if they or anyone within their families read this. Please know that 10,000 plus Eagles fans across the globe believe your contributions to the band will not be forgotten. Regardless of the outcome of this petition, you should feel a sense of accomplishment and pride knowing your contributions are going to be heard by generations to come like "Hotel California", or "Take It To the Limit", or "Witchy Woman". They will be played for years to come. I think that is a lot better than having a medal placed across your chest  "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #246 - Sep 22nd, 2016 at 9:18pm
Starbuck wrote on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 4:24pm:

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #247 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 4:38pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #248 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 4:45pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 28th, 2016 at 4:38pm:

Randy Meisner , Bernie Leadon and Don Felder will NOT attend .

Henley will not hear of it  .

" This should have been a time to celebrate. On Sunday, the three surviving members of the final edition of the Eagles - Henley, guitarist Joe Walsh, bassist Timothy B. Schmit, all of them 69 - will receive Kennedy Center Honors. But Frey's death in January, from complications brought on by years of battling rheumatoid arthritis and colitis, has cast a bittersweet cloud over the proceedings. Cindy Frey will be given her late husband's medallion.  "

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2016 at 9:44am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #249 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 9:23pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 28th, 2016 at 4:38pm:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)