Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sir Mick Jagger becomes a first-time great-grandfather as Assisi welcomes her first baby (Read 3,802 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Sir Mick Jagger becomes a first-time great-grandfather as Assisi welcomes her first baby
May 18th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sir Mick Jagger becomes a first-time great-grandfather as Assisi Jagger welcomes her first baby

18 MAY 2014
Hello

Sir Mick Jagger has become a first-time great-grandfather as Jade Jagger's daughter Assisi gave birth to a baby girl, HELLO! can reveal.

The new arrival, whose name has not yet been announced, is the first child for 21-year-old Assisi and her chef boyfriend Alex Key.

Her mother Jade, 42, who is expecting a baby boy next month, is now a grandmother.

Announcing her pregnancy to HELLO! magazine, the young mum said that early motherhood runs in the family; Jade was just 20 when Assisi was born to her and former partner artist Piers Jackson.

"The women in our family just tend to have children young, it runs in the genes," said Assisi, who lives in Cornwall with her 25-year-old boyfriend.

"I grew up quite quickly and wouldn't have considered having a child if I was doing what my friends are doing at this stage, messing around," added Assisi. "I don't drink, I don't smoke and I'm very settled."

Jade paid tribute to her daughter's nurturing skills. "She'll be a perfect mum," said Jade. "Assisi is a level-headed, sweet girl and I think it will give them both a lot of pleasure. It gives you an amazing purpose in life, to fulfil nature's destiny."

Assisi's daughter is unlikely to call Sir Mick Great-Grandpa. Talking about the rocker's reaction to her pregnancy news, she said: " I imagine it's nice to be a great-grandad – although I'm not sure he likes the idea of getting old, or being called one.

"I call him Mick – I wouldn't start calling him Grandpa."

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Sir Mick Jagger becomes a first-time great-grandfather as Assisi welcomes her first baby
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2014 at 11:29am
Congratulations! A new, healthy baby in the family is always a blessing!
Like a newborn baby it just happens every day.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Sir Mick Jagger becomes a first-time great-grandfather as Assisi welcomes her first baby
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2014 at 6:00pm
As Mick got the news:

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Congratulations!

God bless you and your beautiful baby!

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 3:10pm
Great news for the Jagger family.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 7:49am
World exclusive: Jade Jagger and daughter Assisi introduce their new babies

28 JULY 2014

In a world exclusive interview and photoshoot with HELLO! magazine, Jade Jagger and her daughter Assisi introduce their new babies – born just a month apart.

"It was quite peculiar that the pregnancies happened at the same time," Jade, who welcomed her third child, son Ray Emmanuel Fillary, four weeks after Assisi gave birth to daughter Ezra Key, said.

"I can't help but have a sense of humour about it. But becoming a grandmother doesn't faze me or make me feel older. I don't feel like a grandmother, because the babies are so close in age it almost feels like they are brother and sister. It's been really great. We're lucky."

And Jade tells HELLO! that the double baby joy has brought happiness to her Rolling Stones father Mick Jagger in the wake of the tragic suicide of his girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

"My dad loves babies," Jade said. "He's really good with them and is a big family man. He's been through a difficult time but it's been great to have two new babies in the family with the joy they bring."

Jade also tells the magazine that she kept news of her pregnancy quiet for several weeks – for several reasons. "I waited for a few months before I told Assisi because I wanted to do all the tests and feel confident that everything was okay because at my age, that was important. I also didn't want to take away from Assisi and make her feel like I had stolen her moment."

And Assisi said she had never guessed her mother was pregnant again. "No, I didn't have any idea. I think when you're pregnant yourself, you think you're the centre of the universe. She was really supportive when I told her about me. She told me a bit later, when she was four months gone. I was shocked but it's amazing for her and Adrian to have a baby because they are so happy together. Ray is Adrian's first child and it's lovely. I'm so happy it has ended up this way."

To read more of the interview with Jade and Assisi, pick up the latest issue of HELLO! magazine

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 4:32pm
Jade is a new mother and a new grandmother at the same time, its unusual!  Is Jades baby's named Ray? What is Assisi's baby's name?

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 5:16pm
"Assisi gave birth to daughter Ezra Key."

Jade should have named her baby boy--Michael Phillip--to honor...you know.. her daddy.

In my view, Mick would have loved the heartfelt honor.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Factory Girl wrote on Aug 6th, 2014 at 5:16pm:
"Assisi gave birth to daughter Ezra Key."

Jade should have named her baby boy--Michael Phillip--to honor...you know.. her daddy.

In my view, Mick would have loved the heartfelt honor.

Yes Jade should have named the baby after MICK! He would have loved it for sure.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 9:06pm
another mouth to feed
another tour!!!

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 4:46am
It is our duty to subsidize the Jagger clan.

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 10:59pm
Congratulations Jade and Assisi!

May God bless you and your precious little babies!

So, so cute!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)