Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy #67, Iggy Pop (Read 1,557 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Happy #67, Iggy Pop
Apr 21st, 2014 at 5:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Dude knows how to party !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Happy #67, Iggy Pop
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:32pm
Read Iggy Pop’s Heartfelt Letter to a Fan
by Jeff Giles April 21, 2014

Iggy Pop
Matt Roberts, Getty Images

Many, if not most, rock fans have felt the pain of writing an impassioned fan letter to a favorite musician and receiving nothing (or, even worse, a form letter) in response. But as one Iggy Pop fan discovered in 1995, sometimes even the biggest stars read their mail.
Letters of Note has the story, which started when a Parisian woman named Laurence penned a 20-page letter to Pop in which she shared her innermost feelings — not only about his music, but about “being the child of an acrimonious divorce with the string of social workers, lawyers, greedy estate agents and bailiffs at the door, the fear, the anger, the frustration, the love.”
Nine months later, just as Laurence’s family was about to be evicted from their home, Pop’s lengthy handwritten response arrived in the mail. “By the time I finished I was in tears,” she later wrote, and it isn’t hard to see why. Take a look at the transcript below, and turn it up a little louder the next time you play one of his records — this is a beautiful bit of outreach from an artist who clearly hasn’t forgotten what it’s like to be a fan.

thankyou for your gorgeous and charming letter, you brighten up my dim life. i read the whole f—ing thing, dear. of course, i’d love to see you in your black dress and your white socks too. but most of all i want to see you take a deep breath and do whatever you must to survive and find something to be that you can love. you’re obviously a bright f—ing chick, w/ a big heart too and i want to wish you a (belated) HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 21st b’day and happy spirit. i was very miserable and fighting hard on my 21st b’day, too. people booed me on the stage, and i was staying in someone else’s house and i was scared. it’s been a long road since then, but pressure never ends in this life. ‘perforation problems’ by the way means to me also the holes that will always exist in any story we try to make of our lives. so hang on, my love, and grow big and strong and take your hits and keep going.
all my love to a really beautiful girl. that’s you laurence.

Read More: Read Iggy Pop's Heartfelt Letter to a Fan | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iggy-pop-fan-letter/?trackback=tsmclip

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 1:44pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 2:07pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 2:28pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 2:36pm

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 3:52pm
I love you James Osterberg...Have a Fucking Happy Birthday!!

I really love FUNHOUSE and Avenue B.

PS. I miss seeing you at Hammerjacks in Balto, MD.  Alice and Chains opened for you in circa 1988...when Layne Staley their fucking awesome singer was alive...fucking awesome show.

Happy Birthday James Osteberg!!  Play "Down on the Street" for me darling!

FG!

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 4:13pm

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2014 at 10:10pm
Happy Birthday to a True Rock N Roller

Now blow out the Candles

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)