Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
AC/DC 1973 to 2014 (Read 18,384 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: AC/DC 1973 to 2014
Reply #25 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Best wishes for Malcom and his family. Great band and hope they continue in some fashion.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #26 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 2:14pm
gimmekeef wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 4:19pm:
Best wishes for Malcom and his family. Great band and hope they continue in some fashion.

Sounds like they're going ahead with plans for a 40th anniversary tour.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #27 - May 22nd, 2014 at 5:48am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #28 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 8:10pm
Will Malcolm Young Return to AC/DC?

by Jeff Giles August 6, 2014 10:20 AM

Martyn Goodacre, Getty Images

It’s still a little hard to believe that AC/DC finished work on its next album without ailing co-founder Malcolm Young. But if a band biographer’s inside information is to be believed, fans may need to prepare themselves for Young’s permanent absence from the lineup.

Jesse Fink, author of the new book ‘The Youngs: The Brothers Who Built AC/DC‘ (an exclusive excerpt from which can be read right here), was asked about Malcolm’s health woes during a recent appearance on the Boston radio station WZLX, and responded, “I’m not expecting to see Malcolm return.” According to Fink, the Youngs’ nephew Stevie, who filled in for Malcolm during the sessions for their upcoming LP, could well be in for the long haul. “I think the important thing is we all let Mal be and hope he can recover. But I think we should all expect that Stevie Young is in the band now.”

Fink declined to go into further detail regarding Malcolm’s health during the interview, and he reiterated his respect for the family’s privacy when reached for comment by UCR. “As far as I’m concerned, his illness is a private matter,” he explained. “However, fans seem to think his illness is just going to quickly go away and he’s going to be there on stage when they announce their tour. If what I have heard from numerous sources is true, then I expect Stevie Young will be touring with the band and not Malcolm. That’s not a seditious viewpoint. It’s realistic.”

It’s sad news for fans and well-wishers who’ve been holding out hope that Malcolm would be able to recover enough to rejoin the group, but Fink was able to offer a silver lining in the form of some advance buzz on AC/DC’s new music. “I’m hearing on very reliable authority the new album is up there with (2009′s) ‘Black Ice‘ or even better,” he added. “So Stevie must be a good replacement for Mal.”

Read More: Will Malcolm Young Return to AC/DC? | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/malcom-young-ac-dc-gone/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #29 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 9:35pm
Doesn't sound good for Malcolm. But keeping it in the family at least. Good luck and good health Malcolm. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Belo Horizonte
Reply #30 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 2:27am
It's Stevie Young, Mal and Ang's nephew, who replaced Mal at the American leg of their 1988 tour cuz Mal went to rehab for booze, that's in the place of Malcolm for the album. It has been finished already two months ago. BTW, Stevie's usually associated with a still living Young brother, but no, he's the son of the oldest Young brother, who's passed on already (it's a bigass and old family). Stevie in fact, looks older than both Mal and Ang. (And probably IS older than them). Everything's alright. Brian talked about the title of the album being "Man Down" but nothing has been confirmed yet - only that the album's finished and they're going on tour, DEFINITELY.

Erm, I happen to be a member of a certain AC/DC fan forum, and they know their shit. Heck *I* know my shit, what with being a member of their virtual band and a singer on AC/DC cover bands for more than 20 years.

I can't even think about Malcolm. The fact that the best rhythm guitarist in the entire galaxy and the MAN of AC/DC can't play just saddens the shit outta me. Hope he's fine back in Melbourne.

Alas, reminding myself of AC/DC just pisses m e off cos I lost my voice from all those years of screaming for a bunch of people who weren't even my friends - just a bunch of asshole opportunists. Also I just made my ashtray fall on the  ground while looking for fuckin' artificial saliva and lip cream (I have photophobia) and I'm typing this from my onscreen keyboard, cos Lenovo and Microsoft suck RAW DONKEY DILDO and I can't use my physical keyboard. So fuck this shit.

Be well, Mal.

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 12:27pm
011780 wrote on Aug 10th, 2014 at 2:27am:
It's Stevie Young, Mal and Ang's nephew, who replaced Mal at the American leg of their 1988 tour cuz Mal went to rehab for booze, that's in the place of Malcolm for the album. It has been finished already two months ago. BTW, Stevie's usually associated with a still living Young brother, but no, he's the son of the oldest Young brother, who's passed on already (it's a bigass and old family). Stevie in fact, looks older than both Mal and Ang. (And probably IS older than them). Everything's alright. Brian talked about the title of the album being "Man Down" but nothing has been confirmed yet - only that the album's finished and they're going on tour, DEFINITELY.

Erm, I happen to be a member of a certain AC/DC fan forum, and they know their shit. Heck *I* know my shit, what with being a member of their virtual band and a singer on AC/DC cover bands for more than 20 years.

I can't even think about Malcolm. The fact that the best rhythm guitarist in the entire galaxy and the MAN of AC/DC can't play just saddens the shit outta me. Hope he's fine back in Melbourne.

Alas, reminding myself of AC/DC just pisses m e off cos I lost my voice from all those years of screaming for a bunch of people who weren't even my friends - just a bunch of asshole opportunists. Also I just made my ashtray fall on the  ground while looking for fuckin' artificial saliva and lip cream (I have photophobia) and I'm typing this from my onscreen keyboard, cos Lenovo and Microsoft suck RAW DONKEY DILDO and I can't use my physical keyboard. So fuck this shit.

Be well, Mal.

Best AC/DC post evah! really?

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Belo Horizonte
Reply #32 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 9:17am
Sad to tell you guys - hello there btw, it's been a while - Mal has permanently retired. The bloot clot from the stroke in his brain caused permanent damage and he's in a nursing home in Melbourne suffering from dementia. I cried the whole last week.

This is a man who's always been called a ruthless asshole who dismissed everyone that got in his way, but what people can't see through is the very fact that he, by HIMSELF, has managed to overcome Bon's death, alcoholism, his feud with Phil Rudd that came to a head in '82 (Phil too had a hard time coping with Bon's death and indulged in too much coke and booze back then) and then the subsequent ''decay in quality'' and 'cartoonish image'' that AC/DC seemed to have attained from '84 until nowadays (decay my ass, Fly On The Wall and ESPECIALLY Blow Up Your Video, which by the way was their first topten record since For Those About To Rock in  1981, and ''cartoonish'', well, there are many ways to sell a band's image in the music business, and that' what they went for since the BEGINNING OF THEIR CAREER) and YET still keep the band as tight knit and low profile as he did shows simply that he actually CARED about what he was doing. And the very fact that so many AWESOME riffs and the best, most precise, tough-as-nails rhythm guitar playing in the world also came from this man gives NO ONE the right to call him an asshole. There's the music business, and he did his best, not for ego's sake, not for money, but because he CARED about what he did, otherwise AC/DC would've been irrelevant and would probably cater to whatever trends that were happening then, and now - THEY DON'T. AC/DC is AC/DC and there's no other band like it, and it takes a hell of a lot of effort to expand upon a unique brand of rock'n'roll - REAL rock'n'roll without repeating yourself, which they did NOT.

Mal did his best and succeeded, and it saddens me profoundly that such a hard working man had to suffer from such a terrible ending to his life. I hope he's being taken good care of and that he suffers the least as possible.

Sorry to come back bearing such bad news, but I thought you guys should know. The world has lost its best rhythm guitarist ever.

Bless you Mal, and thank you.

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #33 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 11:45am
Very sad news for everyone involved.

Looking forward to seeing them live -- you know this will be a barn burner tour just as a tribute.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #34 - Oct 4th, 2014 at 10:05pm
      Happy happy birthday, Mr. Johnson.

“We’re never going to win any Grammy awards. We’re never gonna win any respect from the squeaky-clean mob and Rolling Stone or everybody like that, because we don’t give any messages out that they think are important.”
    ~Brian Johnson

” I like AC/DC.”
    ~Keith Richards

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #35 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 8:58am

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #36 - Nov 5th, 2014 at 8:52pm

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #37 - Nov 5th, 2014 at 11:29pm
What was Phil Thinking? Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint
By the way, What's Chris Slade up to these days?

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #38 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 8:40am
Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap ?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 11:15am
Don't fuck with AC/DC.  You will get your ass handed to you in your goddam hat!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #40 - Nov 6th, 2014 at 1:04pm

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that

Los Angeles
Reply #41 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:18am
Looks like the charges were dropped...

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #42 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 7:29am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — New Zealand authorities made an embarrassing about-face on Friday when prosecutors dropped a murder-for-hire charge against AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd, saying there was not enough evidence to proceed.

But the 60-year-old member of the popular Australian band still faces a serious charge of threatening to kill, which comes with a maximum prison term of seven years. He also faces charges of possessing methamphetamine and marijuana.

Police had initially accused Rudd of trying to arrange for a hit man to carry out two killings, and had charged him with attempting to procure murder, which comes with a maximum 10-year sentence. But when prosecutors took over the case, they quickly dropped the charge.

"The file was obtained today and reviewed," Tauranga Crown Solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones said in a statement Friday, adding he had "made the decision that there was insufficient evidence to proceed with the charge of attempting to procure murder."

Rudd's lawyer, Paul Mabey, said the damage to his client had been incalculable and he was considering possible remedies.

"The charge alleging an attempt to procure murder should never have been laid," Mabey said in a statement, adding, "Mr. Rudd has suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting of a very serious allegation, which on any basis was never justified."

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 7:47am
So he was high, threatened to kill someone and whomever was in the room call the police. Ok.  I'll bet the only thing that sticks is the possession charge.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 7:58am
I mean in all fucking seriousness, if you can now get busted for getting loaded and threatening to kill someone, I'm going to have to spend days scrubbing years of RO posts.  Is this what we've come to as a society?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #45 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Cops likely had tickets to the canceled Stones show and were pissed off

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #46 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:04pm
Bet Jailbreak makes the set list

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #47 - Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:21pm
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 12:57pm:
Cops likely had tickets to the canceled Stones show and were pissed off

Rim
nankerphelge wrote on Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:04pm:
Bet Jailbreak makes the set list

I hope so Nanky.  You rock!
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2014 at 9:22pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that

Los Angeles
Reply #48 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Ac/Dc is playing Coachella, no I will not go to that 3 day event.

Instead, I have tickets to see them in Glasgow, only a 5,161 mile trip from home!

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #49 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:44pm
Wow no shit

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)