Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
When (or will lol) they record another album.. ? (Read 5,637 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: When (or will lol) they record another album.. ?
Reply #25 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:35am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Apr 13th, 2014 at 7:01pm:
Its sure as hell more likely to come off than a Stones record is. Whether its this year or any time in the next five!

Gazza ..

Why can't you just bow your head (or curtsy ...whichever you feel more comfortable with) in agreement and praised devotion to me? .. After all ... who's running this message board anyway .. .. .. ..? = ME ..

ITB

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 2:44am
Mel Belli wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 at 8:20am:
My hunch based on Keith's utter creative absence on ABB is that Mick is too much of an efficiency-seeker, an economizer, too organized, for Keith to write with anymore. When Keith gets to the studio, he has fragmentary bits of music that take shape organically in collaboration with Charlie and Mick. Conversely, when Mick gets to the studio, he has tracks that have already been preproduced with Matt Clifford or otherwise "finished" (except for lyrics — which Mick, for some puzzling reason, leaves to the last minute and races to complete).

These are just diametrically opposed ways of working. In retrospect, I think I might have been too harsh on Keith for his lack of output. There's still a spark there, I gather. But at this point, it's probably better nurtured by Steve Jordan than by Mick.

I think this is the image that Keith puts out there but I've never bought into this idea. My guess is that it is one thing to let things grow organically, but quite another to get hammered all day long and get high which is what I'm guessing is closer to what happens. It looks romantic to everyone from the outside but if you are around that all day long for 50 years, it can get very tiring and very annoying. It's not like Mick doesn't let loose once in a while but being around that type of behavior all the time not only gets old but kills a lot of motivation. As for Charlie, he has always hated the "hanging around" element and, if anything, he is with Mick on this one.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 6:21am
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:35am:
Its sure as hell more likely to come off than a Stones record is. Whether its this year or any time in the next five!

Gazza ..

Why can't you just bow your head (or curtsy ...whichever you feel more comfortable with) in agreement and praised devotion to me? .. After all ... who's running this message board anyway .. .. .. ..? = ME ..

ITB

LOL....you mad bastard.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 8:45am
wishful thinking and conjecture, mixed with delusional desires of a super fan, make for a great read and high hopes, reality it… wee get what they give us, and after a while, if you can't see the patterns, mixed with what we know to be fact… go back and look up delusional.. it's a lie you believe… at least try denial, it's an improvement, that's just a lie you tell...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:49pm
personally...I see little effort put forth in the last album and any  2-song addendum to a greatest hits packages...

Why bother going thru the motions if you don't really care...REISSUES...now that is a different thing...i have listened to the SG and Exile reissues MANY more times than ABB...cant recall what year it was I listened to ABB last...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 7:40pm
I've been waiting since Undercover.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 9:45pm
Some Guy wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 7:40pm:
I've been waiting since Undercover.

You belong Undercover!!!!!!!!!!!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 10:45pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
...i have listened to the SG and Exile reissues MANY more times than ABB...cant recall what year it was I listened to ABB last...

Quite the opposite, this end. For instance, I have 'She Saw Me Coming' pumping and 'Laugh I Nearly Died' 'spinning' on a regular basis.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 11:06pm
WaiteringOnAFiend wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 10:45pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
...i have listened to the SG and Exile reissues MANY more times than ABB...cant recall what year it was I listened to ABB last...

Quite the opposite, this end. For instance, I have 'She Saw Me Coming' pumping and 'Laugh I Nearly Died' 'spinning' on a regular basis.

Nearly Died is a great song...but i was referring to the album as a whole...
I really don't enjoy "setlists" much...I love playing albums in their entirety...and ABB is way
subpar to me to be played from beginning to end. I also like RFD, LMDS and Infamy...but that is about it...maybe another one at the most, but that would be stretching it a bit.

Biggest Mistake is the sequel to SweetHearts Together...

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #34 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 12:18am
Gazza wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 6:21am:
Ian Billen wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 1:35am:

Gazza ..

ITB

LOL....you mad bastard.

Ha...I like it..  now THATS the Gazza I'm used to hearin ha. Cheers, Mate.

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #35 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 7:04pm
I'd love to witness Gazza and Ian talking Stones shite over pints down the pub and place bets as to how long before they'd be kicked out. Youse are both mad bastids says me. Thanks for the jolly craic, gents! Always, if not informative, entertaining.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #36 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 4:05am
Mr. Yeats wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 7:04pm:
I'd love to witness Gazza and Ian talking Stones shite over pints down the pub and place bets as to how long before they'd be kicked out. Youse are both mad bastids says me. Thanks for the jolly craic, gents! Always, if not informative, entertaining.

Well Thanks... Mr. Yeats... pleasure is all ours .. ho ho ho ... 

Wink

Ian -

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 10:28pm
I assume / hope that they will record new and lovely and lovely new ditties, to add to the canon, when their time & trousers - & canon - allow.

They're not pussies.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #38 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:27am
Pdog wrote on Apr 14th, 2014 at 8:45am:
wishful thinking and conjecture, mixed with delusional desires of a super fan, make for a great read and high hopes, reality it… wee get what they give us, and after a while, if you can't see the patterns, mixed with what we know to be fact… go back and look up delusional.. it's a lie you believe… at least try denial, it's an improvement, that's just a lie you tell...

First off, nobody's .."lying".. about anything here bro. There is nothing concrete about whether Keith is 100% releasing a solo album or not.. after all... there have been reports he's been working on this since 2011 .. .. .. Until it's announced or Keith Richards, or someone representing him says he's firmly releasing a studio solo album at set time frame or date ...or at least working on or planning on one (from someone representing him) there is nothing 100% set in stone. I'm not saying he hasn't done some solo recording or screwing around because we all know he has. I am saying I see no strong, concrete work in progress... or any indication this is a 100% sound objective for the year ahead (not even close in my opinion)...  Much of this is largely due to the fact he's been supposedly working on this thing for years (...at least 3 that we know of...) I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for anything in that regard from him.

2. Not saying A Stones album is going to occur without a doubt. I'm saying I .."think"... they plan on recording another album in their future. I'm not sure when (though time is most certainly of the essence) ...  As far as "patterns" or using a "pattern" in relation to The Stones or a member in The Stones career is every bit as odd. There are no patterns to look at in order to see exactly what is the next step or is to occur next on The Stones career path.. .. For Example: Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman just rejoined The Stones on tour for shows after everyone thought that was only a dream concept as little as three or four years ago. Three years ago many doubted Keith could even go on tour. Ya can't say lets look at the "pattern" to determine what the next step the band, or someone in the band is going to take.. or what step they aren't.. .. that's not something that is reliable at all.

- Ian
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:32am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

MarshallG
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 8:41am
If they ever did another album I reckon they should go back to the beginning.

Ditch any notion of a contemporary Stones sound and go back to their roots.

No guests, just the 4 of them with Daryl and Chuck. Mick on harp, Woody on slide, etc.

They kinda did that on Stripped but they only put their toe in the water.

Some originals, maybe some Jimmy Reed, Elmore James, Terry/McGee, etc.

Bigger Bang was a great album, far more cohesive than Babylon. I reckon Doom & Gloom was written purely with the tour in mind.  I think they've done and proved all they need to as far as contemporary goes.

I reckon a blues album would ignite the whole band's interest with them all on the same page. There would be no great divide with 'Mick songs' and 'Keith songs'.

Just what I reckon ...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #40 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 10:44am
MarshallG wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 8:41am:
If they ever did another album I reckon they should go back to the beginning.

Ditch any notion of a contemporary Stones sound and go back to their roots.

No guests, just the 4 of them with Daryl and Chuck. Mick on harp, Woody on slide, etc.

They kinda did that on Stripped but they only put their toe in the water.

Some originals, maybe some Jimmy Reed, Elmore James, Terry/McGee, etc.

Bigger Bang was a great album, far more cohesive than Babylon. I reckon Doom & Gloom was written purely with the tour in mind.  I think they've done and proved all they need to as far as contemporary goes.

I reckon a blues album would ignite the whole band's interest with them all on the same page. There would be no great divide with 'Mick songs' and 'Keith songs'.

Just what I reckon ...

Good reckoning.........just wish it would happen

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #41 - Apr 19th, 2014 at 11:36am
MarshallG wrote on Apr 19th, 2014 at 8:41am:
Bigger Bang was a great album, far more cohesive than Babylon.

Really? ( not said the way kids say that these days in that annoying, judgmental squeaky timbre)
I can and have listened to B2B many times...I think it a very good album...even adventurous with Juiced, Gunface and OoC...I enjopy it very much...closing with 2 Keef tunes throws me off a bit...I would rather have Thief as the closer AND as an instrumental...

But Hey...Like Beer...Wine...cars and women...music is all about the end-user and not the critic.
If I weren't  so busy today with homework I would declare this an Official B2B day for all of us to enjoy and reminisce
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2014 at 11:37am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)