Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
STONES TO CANCEL PINKPOP(NL), PARIS, BERLIN & ROME (Read 5,498 times)
Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
STONES TO CANCEL PINKPOP(NL), PARIS, BERLIN & ROME
Apr 1st, 2014 at 2:14am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2014 at 8:59am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: STONES TO CANCEL PINKPOP(NL), PARIS, BERLIN & ROME
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 4:53am
HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY EGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't trick me.
Many have tried.
Few succeed.
I have eyes and ears everywhere.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 5:13am
Watts considers leaving the Stones

Gregory Maynard-Lancaster III | Asst. Editor of the Arts

It was announced this past week that Charlie Watts, the drummer of England’s rock ‘n’ roll sensation, The Rolling Stones, has been having contemplative thoughts about leaving the band due to arising creative differences.

With the smash hit, “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” released into the midst of America’s radio waves this past Tuesday, Watts has reportedly felt unsure if he still feels a sense of belonging with his fellow bandmates who can’t seem to find satisfaction.

The Canchor’s Editor of the Arts Josh Estrella and I managed to catch Watts outside of a barn at his mother’s farmhouse.

When we arrived, he was smiling wide, feeding brown sugar to wild horses. “This is all getting much too out of hand,” Watts stated. “Before we recorded “Satisfaction,” playing together with these guys was alright. In fact, it was a gas. But now, Mick sings every night on tour about how he can’t seem to find satisfaction anymore.

Well I can get satisfaction.” Watts spoke with an expression of bulbous concern on his face. “This track is getting the Stones more recognition than ever before, and I fear that, now, it is labeling us.

I don’t want to go down in history as the drummer who wasn’t satisfied.” After a brief sojourn to the kitchen to assist his mother in folding the laundry, (he really is his mother’s little helper) Charlie ran back outside with a rather uncomfortable undertone of pep in his step.

He held two glasses of hand squeezed lemonade in his hands. Watt’s sunk down into a handmade wicker chair and peered with a despairing longing into the enveloping sunset.

Striking a match, he lit the cigarette in between his lips. “These are the same cigarettes that most people smoke. It’s getting towards the point now where passersby on the streets will accuse me of being less of a man because I don’t smoke the same fags as them.”

After a few minutes of depressing existentialist reflection on the tribulations the hit single has caused, he asked if we’d like to accompany him to the drugstore to pick up his prescription that withholds his 19th nervous breakdown.

Stepping into the backseat of a ‘65 Plymouth Barracuda, Watts flicked on the radio. “This is what Mick calls ‘useless information.’ Well I call it invaluably good news. It’s going to be 65 and sunny tomorrow. Useless, my ass. I can take my kite on its maiden voyage.”

“It’s funny,” the Rolling Stones drummer told The Canchor, “a man came on my television set earlier to tell me how white my shirts can be, and I decided to call the number at the bottom of the screen. I have a white oxford with a horrid stain that was splattered on the shoulder when I had a sudden urge to take the shirt and paint it black.”

Watts spent the following two hours listing off the small things that bring him satisfaction, among which included, but are not limited to, unicorns, English breakfast tea, jaywalking, Tennessee Ernie Ford, watercolor paints and Lemon Meringue pie cooling on a windowsill.

“I could never admit to Mick, Keith or even Ronnie that I enjoy things like these,” Watts sorrowfully confessed. “I wouldn’t want to be their beast of burden.”

When I asked Watts what his future plans might translate to if he does happen to leave the group, he pulled two small cubes from his pocket, grinned, and said, “I’ve decided I’m going to leave my fate with tumbling dice.”

- See more at: http://www.theanchoronline.org/the-canchor/2014/03/31/but-i-can-get-satisfaction...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 6:58am
SHOWER OF BASTARDS

Didn't fall for it!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 7:38am
this is one day, you don't want anything bad to happen on… no one would believe you.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 7:51am
This is usually one of the worst days of the year for me.  Worse than goddam Easter.  People take advantage of my excessive gullibility and naivete, especially on religious or drug matters.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 8:31am
Gazza wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 6:58am:
SHOWER OF BASTARDS

You're welcome! Smiley

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

lavendar
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Buffalo,NY
Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 8:48am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA very funny!

Good One Egon! LOL

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 9:37am
LadyJane wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 4:53am:

Can't trick me.
Many have tried.
Few succeed.

I did get SV when I told her I made a mistake
and in fact did NOT have a Paris ticket for her.. lol

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

philgood
Rocks Off Regular

Cologne Area, Germany
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 9:42am
Even as a kid I already hated these idiotic 1st april jokes.
I remember when I was about ten, a schoolmate of mine was walking on the other side of the street with his mom.
When they recognized me they whispered something to each other. Then the mate came over and started telling me something stupid. He wasn't even half way thru with his BS when I smashed my little fist right into his face. Now he looked very stupid with his bleeding nose. His silly mom was kinda shocked. Now, that was funny.
Wasn't the last time that this idiotic tradition went that way.

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 11:28am
sirmoonie wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 7:51am:
This is usually one of the worst days of the year for me.  Worse than goddam Easter.  People take advantage of my excessive gullibility and naivete, especially on religious or drug matters. 

Well then,

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/06/canada-legalizes-medicinal-cocaine-3/

Canada became the first Western country to legalize the medicinal use of cocaine today.

In a close 158-150 vote the House of Commons passed the Drug Policy Modernization Act (DPMA) ,which allows doctors to prescribe the drug to treat various medical ailments.

The Public Health Agency of Canada recommended passage of the bill, arguing that cocaine has a long tradition of medical use that modern science has unfairly ignored. It especially made the case that the powerful stimulant is useful for treating mental health disorders.

“Depression is no match for cocaine,"says Minister of Health Rona Ambrose. "A few milligrams can help overcome the lows in an individual's daily life. We also find cocaine works twice as effectively as mainstream pharmaceutical drugs in treating ADHD.

“Obviously, it also helps enormously with glaucoma, back pain, acne and plenty of other everyday health issues. A patient will have to see his or her doctor to get the prescription. The dosage reevaluated each month so the patient’s health can be monitored. The process will be very professional.”

Good Powder
Canada has long been known for its progressive drug policy, with the country pioneering medical marijuana and needle exchange programs in the 2000s.

However, in recent years the nation has fallen behind countries like Uruguay and U.S. states like Washington and Colorado, which have all fully legalized cannabis for recreational use.

"This puts us back on the map," says Liberal leader Justin Trudeau, who supported the government's legislation. "We used to be the coolest place in North America. But nowadays if you want to get loaded and go skiing you go to Aspen, not Whistler. That needs to change."

Canadian citizens have mixed opinions on the legislation, however.  “I don’t know what to think about it yet. We’ll have to see what happens. All I know is we have the best democracy in the world and the people wanted it,” said Greg Clarke, self proclaimed sixth cousin to National Hockey League Hall of Famer Bobby Clarke.

Winnipeg Police Chief Devon Clunis told the Winnipeg Sun that his police force will be prepared.

“We expect a little more fist fights but more focused drinking," he said. "We can handle it.”

With the average winter temperature in Winnipeg being −20 °C (−5 °F) the Chief is also excited to have a cocaine prescription during the cold, dark, and long winter months. “A little pick-me up in the morning is just what the doctor ordered.”

For popular travel destination cities like Montreal they plan on seeing a boost in tourism.

“We imagine more U.S. teenagers traveling to Canada. They already come up to enjoy our legal drinking age ranging 18-19 years, not like the conservative twenty-one in the States,” said the head of the Canadian Tourism Commission, Greg Klassen. “We predict an increase in hotel stays and bar revenue. We might see a slight slip in restaurant revenue because we all know it’s hard to do blow and then eat.”

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, for his part, lauded passage of the bill.

“Now people can get off my fat stinking ass,” he proclaimed to a crowded food court at the Eaton Centre. "Obesity is a disease and cocaine is the cure."

Blame Canada...
Canada's move to legalize cocaine is in direct violation of its commitments under United Nations drug control treaties, and will likely upset nations still committed to the failed War on Drugs.

“We don’t know what the hell the Canucks are thinking,"  House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told reporters from ABC News. "How can they think legalizing cocaine is going to help anything? Medicinal? Give me a break. Maybe they're just angry that all their hockey teams are dog-shit recently. Up really is down and down is up in Canada.”

There is also mounting concern from the U.S. Border Patrol about trafficking into the U.S.

“We already have tons of marijuana coming down from Canada every day. We don’t want to see more coke coming this way. We didn’t let Mexico pass any real drug reform laws, so I don’t see why we can’t bully Canada the same way,” said Border Patrol Agent Dolph Ziggler.

“It’s about protecting our children. Let them stick to Adderall and Ritalin,” adds Betty S. Sembler, chairwoman of Drug Free America “We will fight tooth and nail to have the law reversed. Think of the children, think of the goddamn children!”

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 12:08pm

Can't trick me.
Many have tried.
Few succeed.

Nothing gets past LJ. Nothing!  Are you fucking serious?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 2:34pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 12:08pm:

Can't trick me.
Many have tried.
Few succeed.

Nothing gets past LJ. Nothing!  Are you fucking serious?

Well............................
Not MUCH gets past me.
But that Fucker TomL just got me good!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #13 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 3:02pm
Im fessing up.....had me fooled!..lmao

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #14 - Apr 1st, 2014 at 4:18pm
Nirvana reuniting with Courtney Love on vocals.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 8:43am
philgood wrote on Apr 1st, 2014 at 9:42am:
Even as a kid I already hated these idiotic 1st april jokes.
I remember when I was about ten, a schoolmate of mine was walking on the other side of the street with his mom.
When they recognized me they whispered something to each other. Then the mate came over and started telling me something stupid. He wasn't even half way thru with his BS when I smashed my little fist right into his face. Now he looked very stupid with his bleeding nose. His silly mom was kinda shocked. Now, that was funny.
Wasn't the last time that this idiotic tradition went that way.

Nice work on this, Spuds.  I bet that kid is telling his group therapist about the incident right now.  He got bitch biffed.  I bet you and I have similar ideas regarding cultural eugenics and biological determinism.

One time in the 70s, I was burning an Iranian flag in a Giant Eagle supermarket parking lot, when this guy came over all snotty, yelling, trying to stop the desecration like a muffy liberal.  My little brother roll blocked him low in the back of the knees, and I put a shoulder into him yelling "chicken chest!"  He went down.  We just leveled the guy, and turned back to the burning flag.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2014 at 5:16am
File this under "belated bullshit":

Rolling Stones in Poland

The manager of the Rolling Stones has announced that a concert will take place at the National Stadium in Warsaw at the personal request of the President of Poland Bronisław Komorowski on the 25th anniversary of the free elections held on 4 June 1989. The Rolling Stones want to do something similar to U2 who had a concert to mark the anniversary of German reunification, reports Polish Radio One. “We knew that 4 June is an important day for Polish people, although we were not fully aware of what happened on that day,” admits the manager. “The Stones have prepared a surprise. They will sing the famous Maryla Rodowicz song “Niechżyje bal” (‘Long Live the Ball’). There is no lack of great Polish rock songs that Mick Jagger could sing. So, we are not ruling out the possibility of other Polish songs being sung. The Rolling Stones remember the Warsaw concert of 1967. There were a lot of people and it was really hot,” continues the manager. A group of Polish artists wrote a letter to Bronisław Komorowski protesting against the Warsaw concert. “We oppose this cultural initiative, which will result in making a substantial financial contribution to a foreign artist. The celebration of our national victory should be an opportunity for the global presentation of Polish music,” wrote Krystyna Prońko, Robert Chojnacki and others. However, much to the annoyance of Polish Stones’ fans, it turned out that the concert announcement was an April Fool’s joke by Polish Radio.
polskieradio.pl

http://newzar.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/rolling-stones-in-poland/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)