Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead. (Read 53,310 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead.
Reply #25 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:59pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:10pm:
Are they cancelling or postponing the tour?

I would think not...MAYBE a postponement of the next 2 shows considering the distance and time differences...When Jagger's Father died Mick made the quick trip back to the UK and back...I think Keith had a recent family thing too (Not his grandchild's birth)...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:16pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:59pm:

I would think not...MAYBE a postponement of the next 2 shows considering the distance and time differences...When Jagger's Father died Mick made the quick trip back to the UK and back...I think Keith had a recent family thing too (Not his grandchild's birth)...

Mick went back to the UK after the Phoenix show to say goodbye to his dad, and received the news about his dad dying when he arrived in Vegas a few hours before the show was due to start that night. He went ahead and played.

This, though, is a more shocking and unexpected tragedy. I'd  be amazed if the show in Perth this Wednesday goes ahead as planned and I would agree that the one after it will maybe need to be postponed too. I'd expect both to be rescheduled.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:18pm
Angiedontyouweep wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:44pm:
I am saddened by this. L'Wren was a beautiful woman and I adored her fashion designs.

The logistics though - I believe she was 6'3" or 6'4". A doorknob? I had an acquaintance that committed suicide this way years back. Something about so much rope and a slammed door. I never asked for much information.

Or perhaps the doorknob was over a balcony or such....

Why? That is my biggest question. Didn't Marianne Faithfull try to commit suicide while she was with Mick as well?

Yep. And ironically both were in Australia at the time.

Think I'm correct in saying Chrissie Shrimpton may have tried something drastic as well.

Very unfortunate.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #28 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:20pm
(left) 2001- (right) Banana Republic L'Wren Scott Collection Launch, Los Ángeles, November 19, 2013 © David Ash (2001) and Kevan Brooks (2013)

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #29 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:24pm
There is some "interesting" info in this thread from Shidoobee. It appears the poster who started it was on to something

http://shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com/topic/35031/Mick-LWren-s-smoke-sure?page...

This thread got me to do my own digging and I couldn't find any recent pics or articles putting Mick and L'Wren together anytime in 2014.

I guess we'll never know what happened or what the state of their relationship was at this point but my heart goes out to any one who feels that suicide is the only option left.

RIP L'Wren. Condolences to her loved ones and friends.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #30 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:30pm
The one used as a header was (as far as I investigated for making the header) the last picture of Mick and L'Wren in public, there are some of L'Wren later alone, including 2014 but that was the last time in public with Mick Jagger (again as far as I know) not sure 100%

You mentioned something abut not having L'Wren touring with the Stones before, isn't it?

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #31 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:32pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:16pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 12:59pm:

Mick went back to the UK after the Phoenix show to say goodbye to his dad, and received the news about his dad dying when he arrived in Vegas a few hours before the show was due to start that night. He went ahead and played.

This, though, is a more shocking and unexpected tragedy. I'd  be amazed if the show in Perth this Wednesday goes ahead as planned and I would agree that the one after it will maybe need to be postponed too. I'd expect both to be rescheduled.

Didn't Ronnie have a brother or something like that. Pass away before the Phoenix show. I remember being there at the time and reading the speculation on whether Ronnie would be playing at the show that night.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #32 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:35pm
"You mentioned something abut not having L'Wren touring with the Stones before, isn't it?"

I found it very odd that L'Wren wasn't tweeting or in any pics for the 14 on Fire tour considering she was all over social media with pics and comments from 50 and Counting.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:41pm
Terrible news about our band that we love so much.  Poor Jagger.  Terrible.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #34 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:47pm
THIS IS REALLY SAD.
HORRIBLE FOR ALL CONCERNED,MICK IS 70 & SHOULD BE ENJOYING STABILITY IN HIS LIFE.

THE SHOW WILL ROLL ON.
THE STONES HAVE ALWAYS STEPPED OVER THE BODIES.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #35 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:00pm
BILL PERKS wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:47pm:
THE SHOW WILL ROLL ON.
THE STONES HAVE ALWAYS STEPPED OVER THE BODIES.

Sad, but kinda true.

Really unexpected twist of events. For some reason, I find it very odd that a woman like L'wren would take her life. I mean, she looked so dynamic and strong. I guess you never know.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Tumbling Dijs
Rocks Off Regular

The Stones in a club is
still the ultimate rush.

Reply #36 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:15pm
Terrible news, Mick Always looked happy with her. I'm really in shock. I hope he'll get over it eventually.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #37 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:33pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582815/Mick-Jaggers-girlfriend-designer...

According to this, her business was 6 million dollars in debt.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #38 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:50pm
" Terrible news about our band that we love so much.  Poor Jagger.  Terrible. "

Concur  .

Very Sad .

RIP

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #39 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 2:55pm
I am fucking utterly and completely shocked.  Have been MIA myself, I had no idea there were problems with her and Mick's relationship.   I had no fucking idea...just very saddened and shocked.

RIP L'Wren Scott...may the Good Lord shine a light on you. 

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #40 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:34pm
LadyJane wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 1:24pm:
There is some "interesting" info in this thread from Shidoobee. It appears the poster who started it was on to something

http://shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com/topic/35031/Mick-LWren-s-smoke-sure?page...

This thread got me to do my own digging and I couldn't find any recent pics or articles putting Mick and L'Wren together anytime in 2014.

I guess we'll never know what happened or what the state of their relationship was at this point but my heart goes out to any one who feels that suicide is the only option left.

RIP L'Wren. Condolences to her loved ones and friends.

Read through that thread. I couldn't turn away, as a matter of fact. Uncanny. I think it's a quite thorough piece of journalism from RevTwentyRedlights, the guy who posted the signs of LS's change in behaviour and MJ's estrangement. Sounds a bit like Heather Mills-syndrome. Obvioulsly there was some pathology going on in the last two years. It's a damn shame it had to end like this.

IP Logged

Irina
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:37pm
sounds like nightmare...I can't believe it...

IP Logged

eric
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #42 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 3:48pm
This is leaving me very saddened for L'Wren's family and for Mick and his children.

Regardless of the big bad ass Stones mystique, Mick is only human.  I pray his children help him through this.

I love you Mick, be gentle with yourself

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #43 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 4:00pm

from harpersbaazar.com

My List: L'Wren Scott
100 pairs of shoes, 300 art books, 2 dogs and 1 cat, the designer's life by the numbers. As told to Christine Whitney.
By Harper's Bazaar Staff on May 17, 2013

b p
7:30 A.M. I usually wake up at 7:30. I sleep in a little silk slip, or pajamas if it's freezing. I have some that I made for myself and some that I've bought from various places—Lanvin, Olatz—whatever accommodates my extra-long legs. The first thing I do in the morning is take my vitamins. I don't want to say which vitamins; I don't think you should push what you believe in. Doctors should do that, not fashion designers. I eat a big breakfast: granola with red fruits and Greek yogurt, and egg whites with an English muffin. I love to read The Independent and do the king-size crossword to make sure my brain's really going.

8:00 A.M. I don't have time to be that girl who does the super workout. But I try to be as fit as possible given my schedule. Even if I do 20 minutes a day, it's better than nothing. I do my elliptical, my stairs, my walk. Afterward I take a quick shower and start my day.

Related Story: The Hottest Hairstyles for Spring 2014

8:45 A.M.My list of trusted beauty products is long: Dr. Colbert's serum, Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil, and a Boots No. 7 day cream and body cream for hydration. For my hair, I use a Serge Normant shampoo and conditioner. Or his dry shampoo and hair oil if my hair is really bad. I have dry hair, so I wash it only once a week. I also like Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. For my face, I use Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, and I'm obsessed with her powder—the very fine one in a shade called Universal. And I love Lancôme Hypnôse Drama mascara, Givenchy Light Corrective concealer, Prescriptives black kohl eyeliner for night, my signature lip gloss from Lancôme, Le Rouge L'Wren, and last but not least, Rodin Olio Lusso Lip Balm—simply the best.

9:00 A.M. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to get dressed. I can't overthink it. It depends on my mood. Like today I'm wearing a gold tweed tailleur with crazy colors; it just felt right for a fresh, sunny, bright day. If I were in my office [in London] designing, I would wear black. I hate distracting myself while I'm designing, because you're working so much on colors and palettes. I definitely have a work uniform—I go in phases: headmistress dress every day or a classic shift with a power cardigan. Or I do jeans with a more "rock" edge. I have a headmistress dress from every season if not two, so you could probably do the math. It's scary. And I have a lot of sequin sweaters. The stacks are getting higher. I love to open my cupboards and see the stack of sparkle in various gradations of color. I have one section in my closet that's dedicated to paler, cold colors, and the other section is dedicated to more mad, fun colors. I think a girl always needs a cardigan, and I tend to go for the sparkles. I have a minimum of 50 embellished cardigans. I'm not a believer in less is more; I'm sort of a believer in more is necessary. And did I mention shoes? Oh, my … I've never counted them, but I suppose I have about a hundred pairs, between my own and the ones I get at the Manolo Blahnik store by my office. They're scattered between every city I have a home in—London, Paris, and New York.

9:15 A.M. I walk to work if I have time. I try not to carry anything, just my one workbag. (I'm very excited about my Doctor Lady bag right now.) Usually my first stop is Starbucks, where I get a grande skinny vanilla latte. If I don't walk, I'll take a cab, and catch up on e-mails and phone calls. I don't typically travel with other people, but if I'm traveling with a certain someone, he often might have this group with him … some band or another.

Scott and Mick Jagger; L'Wren Scott Fall 2013

9:30 A.M. When I get to work, I review my schedule for the day and the week, then I go over my action list. I turn on some music, and start with my team. I'm very diverse in my music choices. I listen to everything from jazz to blues, R&B, classical, reggae—it just depends on how I feel.

1:30 P.M. My typical lunch is fish and vegetables and potatoes, or pasta if I order from my local Italian. Otherwise we eat Thai food from a local noodle bar, the Phat Phuc. My only snack during the day is chocolate—I have a bar every day.

7:30 P.M. I leave by 7:30, so I can have my alone time. I like to cook if I have time. If not, I have someone else cook for me. When I have time to cook, it's usually Sunday; it's the only day I have off. Often on Saturday I'll work and catch up. I have a few little dishes, mostly simple Italian food. And I have this chicken dish—a whole roasted chicken that I baste and marinate for two hours and cook really slow. It's almost like a spicy kind of jerk chicken. Sometimes I like to watch TV, though I never get to watch any of the shows in real time. I'm a fan of Downton Abbey, Boardwalk Empire, and Boss. There's a British series called Luther, but in England they think a series means four episodes. And I like Mad Men. Otherwise it's always good to unwind with a book.

10:00 P.M. I look at lots of things online. I've ordered on Barneys.com, Net-a-porter.com. I just bought a very cute pair of shoes—actually more than one—Tabitha Simmons boots, Manolo Blahniks, and Nikes for the gym. I get my groceries from Fresh Direct. I collect books: art books, first-edition photography books, lithograph books, architecture books, Cecil Beaton books; I think I have almost every one of his. I'm quite into interiors too, and like to look at old Georgian houses. I have different periods of time in architecture, and I also have a little obsession with gardens. Sometimes I look at old travel books. If I'm going somewhere in Asia, it's fun to buy an old first-edition book about someone's adventure traveling to Sri Lanka or somewhere. I like to read about the kind of mad adventures they had. As for pets, I have a dog named Star, her son Guinness, and a cat. They're just adopted mutts; I think they found us, really. They all have a very nice life because they live on an island where we have a home. I could take pets home everywhere I find them—it's a nightmare. I should definitely donate money to an animal shelter because I can't take them all home.

1:00 P.M. I unwind with a long bath, some reading, and a big piece of chocolate cake. For the bath, I use Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil. It's great—you put it in your bath, as much as you want, and you get out, put on your dressing robe, and you let it soak in. Your whole body feels incredible.

12:00 A.M. The most important things in my bedroom are the Egyptian cotton sheets, a soft pillow, and a firm mattress. I can't predict when I'll go to sleep. If I need to fall asleep early, I do, and if I stay awake until 2 or 3 in the morning, I do. My main ritual, especially during manic fashion seasons, is to take my notebook and write down everything that's on my mind, anything that will wake me up in the middle of the night. I write it all down and close my book and know that it's [going to be] done.

RELATED:
REMEMBERING DESIGNER L'WREN SCOTT

Shop the Story

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #44 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 4:12pm
I have met many people who have taken their own life, a side effect of being an alcoholic in recovery…
Alcoholism, addiction, mental illness are almost always present in people who kill themselves… there's almost always a history of past attempts or signs of these mental disorders, even just heavy drinking to medicate it something you may see prior to an attempt or successful suicide… if this is over a break up, I'd be surprised, if none of these other things are true… it would make a suicide like this, a very rare event, and if she did it like it says, in such an unusual way, with no note ect… it's just odd…
Regardless it's fucking sad… and if it was a suicide, I don't care, it's the absolute most selfish fucking thing anyone can ever do… the only excuse is when it's someone who is some mentally ill, they can't survive outside of a hospital and secure environment and needs medication.
that's my experience, opinion and two cents… i feel horrible for everyone close to her, even if Jagger and her split, doesn't mean he isn't hurting… if that's what she wanted, suicide would do the trick.
suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem… I'm sick of it, I know a lady he blew her brains out a few weeks ago… she was almost sixty, and was stunningly pretty and very smart and likable… you just never know… and all she had was untreated alcoholism, she was dry, but was so unhappy!!! you never know what's in someones head, ever...
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 4:38pm by Pdog »  

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 4:21pm
I just saw the news, had a family thing myself the last couple of days.  Just shocking and terrible.  It doesn't matter who it is, it is always sad to hear of someone taking their own life.  Rest well L'wren.  Peace to the Jaggers and the Scotts.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #46 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 4:42pm
>>>According to this, her business was 6 million dollars in debt. <<<

If money had anything to do with it, you know Mick will be really REALLY devastated...6 million is like 2 show to him
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2014 at 5:16pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #47 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 5:07pm
This is nuts.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #48 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 5:17pm
Just saw this on FB:

TOUR UPDATE: Triple M in Sydney have just announced that the Stones will be holding a press conference at 12:00pm AEST regarding the Australian Tour. No news yet to confirm if it's cancellations or postponement...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #49 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 5:30pm
the whole incident is very very sad for those left behind.  Such a waste....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)