Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TV star to play Jagger in James Brown biopic (Read 2,601 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
TV star to play Jagger in James Brown biopic
Nov 23rd, 2013 at 6:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
TV star to play Jagger in James Brown biopic

Posted: Friday 22 Nov 2013

U.S. TV star NICK EVERSMAN has been cast as MICK JAGGER in the new JAMES BROWN biopic, which the Rolling Stones star is producing.

The CSI: Miami, House and The Tomorrow People actor will portray the rocker as a much younger man in The Help director Tate Taylor's new film, titled Get On Up.

According to CinemaBlend.com, Eversman landed the role after moving like Jagger on his audition tape. The actor offered up a side-by-side comparison of his performance to archival footage of the Rolling Stones frontman.

He joins a cast that includes 42 star Chadwick Boseman as Brown, Dan Aykroyd and Taylor's The Help stars Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2013 at 6:07pm by moy »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: TV star to play Jagger in James Brown biopic
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 10:17am
Will Dan Akroyd be playing Chubby Checker?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 5:47pm
fix his grill and it's a closer look, but can he act, like the most amazing singer, writer and rock and roll front man we have ever known?

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 12:42pm
How James Brown Inspired Mick Jagger in Music

video here

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/celebrity/2014/07/23/how-james-brown-inspire...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 12:45pm
Jill Scott, Tika Sumpter, Chadwick Boseman, Mick Jagger at NY Premiere of James Brown Biopic “Get On Up

Here with Luciana and Lucas!

More here

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/23/jill-scott-tika-sumpter-chadwick-boseman-mi...
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2014 at 12:47pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 1:04pm
Other article, now we were late here with these "old" news

http://thegrio.com/2014/07/22/apollo-theater-hosts-star-studded-get-on-up-premie...

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 4:19pm
James Brown was 'annoyed' when Stones closed show instead of him, says Mick Jagger

By Karen Butler
July 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM

"He did this amazing performance and we went on after, but, in the end, I don't think it really mattered. We had to work harder and he worked harder, so maybe it was a better show because of it," Jagger recalls.

Mick Jagger arrives on the Red Carpet at the world premiere of 'Get On Up' at the Apollo Theater in New York City on July 21, 2014. The movie is a chronicle of James Brown's rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history. UPI/John Angelillo

NEW YORK, July 26 (UPI) --British rock 'n' roll icon Mick Jagger says he remembers -- even if it isn't with perfect clarity -- the night his band the Rolling Stones closed the multi-artist T.A.M.I. Show featuring American funk legend James Brown in 1964.
The moment in music history is chronicled in the new big-screen James Brown bio-picture Get On Up, which Jagger produced, alongside Brian Grazer.

"My recall of it is about 50 years ago. My recall of it is not perfect. You'll forgive me," Jagger laughed when asked at a New York press conference about the time the Stones irked Brown by closing a concert when he wanted to do it.

"It was a very exciting show. James Brown was definitely the star of the show, but there were many other people in the show that I was really interested to meet for the first time. I never met Marvin Gaye before, for instance. And I got an opportunity to chat with him. There were a lot of us on the show and it was a pretty crazy day," Jagger said. "And the experience was... that James was a bit annoyed about not being the last on the show and as I was the only one that had met him before -- of all the people working on the show, including the producers of the show -- I was like the fall guy. I was like 20 or something and they said: 'You go and talk to him. You know him. You go and call him out; you chew him out.' And when you're 20, you say, 'Sure.' There's no saying, 'That's not my job.' Now I'd say: 'That's not my job. That's your job. You're producing.' But when you're 20, you go, 'Sure, OK, I'll do it.' And, of course, it didn't work. It might have somewhat assuaged his... but it played out and it was what it was. He did this amazing performance and we went on after, but, in the end, I don't think it really mattered. We had to work harder and he worked harder, so maybe it was a better show because of it."

Directed by Tate Taylor and starring Chadwick Boseman, Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis, Get On Up opens nationwide Aug. 1.

Brown died in 2006 at the age of 73

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 12:35pm
moy wrote on Nov 23rd, 2013 at 6:02pm:

Is that Gary Busey?

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 1:18am
I just saw the movie!  Excellent movie!  Funny and sad at times!

Mick Jagger's character is only on for like seconds. And, they played real footage of the band on the black and white T.V.  I think.

SPOILER ALERT:  The parts that made me laugh:

Little Richard is outside the bar taking a break, when he hears James Brown.  The look on his face!  So funny!

The Jewish manager played by Dan Ackrod says, "I know it should just be James Brown!"  (When the band complains about why the record says James Brown and the Famous Flames.)

James Brown smoking PCP with yellow rollers in his hair!

James Brown wearing a leather vest and a fur coat in like 80 degree weather!

The parts that made me cry:

James Brown, as a child, calls out to his mama, who is a prostitute, and she ignores him.  When the john asks her, if that is her child, she denies it!

James Brown's mama goes to see him backstage at the Apollo.  Heartbreaking scene.

Anyways, beautiful movie!

The guy next to me kept dancing in his seat.  Finally, he couldn't stand it, he literally got up and started dancing!  His girlfriend was like, "Babe!"
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2014 at 1:19am by gorda »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)