Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Led Zeppelin Readying Unreleased Material For New Box Sets (Read 82,997 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Led Zeppelin Readying Unreleased Material For New Box Sets
Reply #150 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
mojoman wrote on Aug 1st, 2015 at 11:42am:
i have received CODA in the mail
i play CODA at high volume
neighbors beware!!

Great Mojo, I received it too with the other two so now I'm done with the whole collection, since I also own the 4-Lp box of the song remain the same and the 3-Lp of Celebration day I'm happy, I also have the 4-CD box set but it's not in teh picture LOL

Listening "Presence" as I write

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #151 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:50am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 8:29pm:
mojoman wrote on Aug 1st, 2015 at 11:42am:
i have received CODA in the mail
i play CODA at high volume
neighbors beware!!

Great Mojo, I received it too with the other two so now I'm done with the whole collection, since I also own the 4-Lp box of the song remain the same and the 3-Lp of Celebration day I'm happy, I also have the 4-CD box set but it's not in teh picture LOL

Listening "Presence" as I write

Wow. That is fantastic. The colors and the way it comes together looks very nice.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #152 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:02am

<  -------   Been listening to " In Through The out Door  ' Deluxe '  " thanks to A GREAT MAN !!!

Did you know that John Paul Jones wrote most of the songs on this album due to the fact that Jimmy Page was strung out on heroin ?

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #153 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:20am
Joey wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:02am:
<  -------   Been listening to " In Through The out Door  ' Deluxe '  " thanks to A GREAT MAN !!!

Did you know that John Paul Jones wrote most of the songs on this album due to the fact that Jimmy Page was strung out on heroin ? 

Robert and JPJ were really the driving force. I could just see it--Jones and Plant there during the day, Pagey and Bonzo there during the evenings. Ha!

This album gets ranked pretty low compared to the others but I like it. I think in the situation they were in (and even with Presence) it goes to show how strong each guy was because they could cover for each other when someone might have been down and out.

I think for being strung out Jimmy still plays some nice licks. He was already skinny before this and at Knebworth he's wearing those baggy shirts. LOL!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:22am by Boomy »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #154 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Joey wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:02am:

Do you think Jimmy could have wrote Carouselambra?  Are you fucking serious?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #155 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:30pm
"   ......  Do you think Jimmy could have wrote   (  ' sic  '  syntax  )  Carouselambra?   "

I feel ya S.C.L.

When one begins to listen to the tunes on " In Through The Out Door  "  it is hard to believe that this is the EXACT same band that recorded " Stairway to Heaven . "

No WONDER they broke up immediately after Bonzo's death  ..... Plant was just looking for an excuse to bail out of THIS floundering , turgid and turbid Mothership .

JACKY ! 
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:41pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #156 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 9:17pm
Joey wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:30pm:
"   ......  Do you think Jimmy could have wrote   (  ' sic  '  syntax  )  Carouselambra?   "

I feel ya S.C.L.

When one begins to listen to the tunes on " In Through The Out Door  "  it is hard to believe that this is the EXACT same band that recorded " Stairway to Heaven . "

No WONDER they broke up immediately after Bonzo's death  ..... Plant was just looking for an excuse to bail out of THIS floundering , turgid and turbid Mothership .

JACKY ! 

You are wise beyond years young Joey.   Nanker

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #157 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:45am
Next

The Complete BBC Sessions Super Deluxe (3CD/5LP 180 Gram Vinyl)

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #158 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 9:39pm

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #159 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 1:41pm
Hey Voodoo!

Did you add this one to your awesome shelf of Zep?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #160 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 8:13pm
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #161 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 2:33pm
The next deluxe release will be "How The West Was Won” Three CDs (same track list that the first edition), four 180g LPs and DVD audio disco, also a BluRay-.audio disc , both the DVD in the super deluxe edition and the-BluRay in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #162 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 6:48pm
great set of shows that release is taken from, think its the same night stones recorded also. missed opportunity to not release both nights complete.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #163 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 8:20pm
I found How the West was Won over-produced and "flashy" sounding, compared to the more natural sound of The Song Remains the Same and the Led Zeppelin and Celebration Day DVDs.  I don't listen to it much because of that memory.  Sounded too 1990s when I got it in 2003.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2018 at 8:50am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #164 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:38am
Led Zeppelin founder Jimmy Page returns to Seattle site where band played in 1969

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/led-zeppelin-founder-jimmy-page-returns-seattl...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #165 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 6:40pm
I received my "How the west was won" box today so this is my 14-box collection with part of my very old LPs of LZ

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #166 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Led Zeppelin's 'Houses of the Holy': 10 Things You Didn't Know

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/led-zeppelins-houses-of-the-holy-thi...

4. The foundation of the album was recorded at Mick Jagger's country home, Stargroves.

Beginning with their third release in 1970, Led Zeppelin sought to escape the drab confines of traditional recording studios by spending a portion of their album sessions holed up at an intimate rural estate. It was an idea borrowed from the Band, who had a communal home near Bob Dylan's upstate retreat in Woodstock, New York. "I didn't know exactly how the Band had recorded their Music from Big Pink album or The Basement Tapes, but the rumor was they were done in a house they had rented," Page explained in Guitar World. "I didn't know for sure if they had, but I liked the idea. I thought it was definitely worth a shot to actually go someplace and really live it, rather than visiting a studio and going home. I wanted to see what would happen if all we did was have this one thing in sight – making music and just really living the experience of it."

Page's getaway of choice had been Headley Grange, a country pile in Hampshire that had served the band well during sessions for Led Zeppelin III and IV. But finding it unavailable in the spring of 1972, the Zeppelin contingent set up house at Stargroves, Mick Jagger's manor in nearby East Woodhay. Purchased by the singer in 1970 for £55,000 from a local aristocrat, the home had been used by the Rolling Stones to record tracks for Exile on Main Street and Sticky Fingers, and recently rented by the Who during sessions for Who's Next. When Zep unloaded in May 1972, they aimed to fully utilize the diverse spaces. "It sounded wonderful because you could get this amazing variable acoustic in each room with drums in the conservatory, which is where we put Bonham," remembered Kramer. "Then, of course, Jimmy's amp could be stuck in a fireplace and stick a microphone down it, all that sort of thing. It was just the ability to be able to change the sound without going anywhere."

The engineer oversaw proceedings from his vantage point in the Rolling Stones' very own mobile recording truck, which was parked in the driveway. Occasionally he would throw open the back doors and treat the band to an alfresco playback. "I can remember, Bonzo, Plant, Page and Jones out on the lawn listening to playbacks of 'D'yer Mak'er and 'Dancing Days' all walking like Groucho Marx in sync, with back steps and forward steps in time to the music, just like kids." While many of the tracks were completed at Electric Lady and London's Olympic Studios, the time at Stargroves captured the freewheeling creativity found on the final album. "When we first went down there, we had no set ideas," Page told biographer Ritchie Yorke. "We just recorded the ideas each one of us had at that particular time. It was simply a matter of getting together and letting it come out."

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #167 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant Says He Could Never Remember The Lyrics to "Stairway To Heaven"

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #168 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant Says He Could Never Remember The Lyrics to "Stairway To Heaven"

UGH! I wish I could forget them...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #169 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:42pm
Gimme a backstage pass!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #170 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Led Zeppelin trivia I heard today for the first time. How did the song Four Sticks get it's name?..........Bonham uses four sticks at once to play, on the song. Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #171 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:10pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #172 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 8:01am
Next release. the song remains the same

I think this is one I ain't gonna buy, I have the 4-LP boxset, the Japanese deluxe 2-CD edition and the bluray, the only new thing is the 5.1 audio DVD and in the "How the wes was won" it sucks, I can play the CD in 5.1 and sounds better than the DVD in 5.1 with direct audio and simulated 7.1 from the CD!

Product Description

- Remastered audio on two CDs and four 180-gram vinyl LPs.
- Two DVD set of the The Song Remains The Same featuring the full theatrical version of the film plus bonus content including four performance outtakes that were not part of the original film:  “Celebration Day,” “Over The Hills And Far Away,” “Misty Mountain Hop,” and “The Ocean.”
- DVD of the entire album in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and PCM Stereo, plus photo gallery.
- High-def download card of all stereo audio content at 96kHz/24 bit.
- A 28-page book featuring band photos and stills from the film and an essay by Cameron Crowe.
- A replica of the Japanese program from 1977, previously available only when the film first toured cinemas in that country.
- High-quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.

Led Zeppelin was at the peak of its powers on July 27-29 1973 when the band’s performances at New York’s Madison Square Garden were recorded for the concert film, The Song Remains The Same. The soundtrack to the film, produced by Jimmy Page, was originally released on Swan Song in 1976.

The band continues revisiting their live canon on September 7 with a new edition of the soundtrack to THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME that features newly remastered audio.  This release follows the recent reissue of their live album How The West Was Won, and rounds out the deluxe reissue series of their classic albums that began in 2014, building to the band’s 50th anniversary celebration slated to commence later this year. Coincidentally, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant played their first live show together, under the moniker “The New Yardbirds” at the time, on September 7, 1968.

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME will be released in multiple formats from Atlantic/Swan Song, the Super Deluxe Boxed Set will be the most exquisite and elaborate release in the reissue series, recreating the intricate embossing of the set’s original issue and will also mark the first time the full length film and soundtrack have been available in the same package.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #173 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:41pm
once again another lost opportunity to release the complete garden tapes!

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #174 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 1:27pm
I am a big supporter of all Zep releases but I do not get these latest 2. Neither one is very different then previous releases...why would I buy these AGAIN? At least release the uncut gig so I can begrudgingly reach for the wallet...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)