Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Led Zeppelin Readying Unreleased Material For New Box Sets (Read 82,991 times)
Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Re: Led Zeppelin Readying Unreleased Material For New Box Sets
Reply #125 - May 20th, 2015 at 1:41pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Not a word about when the next three will be coming out...

Voodoo or Gazza? Have any info???

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #126 - May 21st, 2015 at 8:25am

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #127 - May 21st, 2015 at 9:08am
Boomy wrote on May 20th, 2015 at 1:41pm:

Word is that the much sought after alternate mix of "Bonzo's Montreux" featuring a barely audible timpani is proving to be a bit harder to locate than anticipated

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #128 - May 21st, 2015 at 1:02pm
I heard the next three will be out in October...was hoping for more live material with these, or better yet video, certainly they have complete video's of the pieces they put on the '03 live video box set!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #129 - May 21st, 2015 at 10:55pm
Gazza wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 9:08am:
Boomy wrote on May 20th, 2015 at 1:41pm:

Word is that the much sought after alternate mix of "Bonzo's Montreux" featuring a barely audible timpani is proving to be a bit harder to locate than anticipated

Brian's smile Oh no! not you again Blank Frigging Stare

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #130 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:41am
voo? gazza? scl?

http://view.e.wbr.com/?j=fe9316747162057e7d&m=fe9612717660077a74&ls=fe3c15717664...

CODA might be the greatest release in the rebastered series you bastards!!!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #131 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am
Yes, but also Coda is the most expensive

Thanks a lot Mojoman!!! Those are today's news!!

In 1972, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page took a fabled trip to India to perform with the Bombay Orchestra and now, for the first time, recordings from these sessions will be officially released with dynamic takes on “Friends” and “Four Hands” (“Four Sticks” from Led Zeppelin IV). Among the many other highlights featured here is an early version of “When The Levee Breaks” from 1970 titled “If It Keeps On Raining”; rough mixes of “The Wanton Song” and “In The Light,” from the Physical Graffiti sessions at Headley Grange, the latter a different alternate version than the one included in the Physical Graffiti deluxe edition; and an instrumental mix of “Poor Tom” from 1970.

Love it!

Coda was the only one to avoid and no way, I already ordered the three of them

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:45am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #132 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 12:28pm
Those are pretty.....  Smiley

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #133 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 1:47pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:43am:
Yes, but also Coda is the most expensive

Thanks a lot Mojoman!!! Those are today's news!!

In 1972, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page took a fabled trip to India to perform with the Bombay Orchestra and now, for the first time, recordings from these sessions will be officially released with dynamic takes on “Friends” and “Four Hands” (“Four Sticks” from Led Zeppelin IV). Among the many other highlights featured here is an early version of “When The Levee Breaks” from 1970 titled “If It Keeps On Raining”; rough mixes of “The Wanton Song” and “In The Light,” from the Physical Graffiti sessions at Headley Grange, the latter a different alternate version than the one included in the Physical Graffiti deluxe edition; and an instrumental mix of “Poor Tom” from 1970.

Love it!

Coda was the only one to avoid and no way, I already ordered the three of them

think page took the train to kashmir......

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #134 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:56pm
mojoman wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 10:41am:

Not if the highlights of the CODA reissue are a 'frenetic blues jam' and a 'rollicking instrumental'.  Interesting yes, but enough for an extra two CDs?  Good to see theyre tying up a few loose ends, though

... ... ...
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #135 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:40pm
Gazza wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:56pm:

Not if the highlights of the CODA reissue are a 'frenetic blues jam' and a 'rollicking instrumental'.  Interesting yes, but enough for an extra two CDs?  Good to see theyre tying up a few loose ends, though

more timpani!!!

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #136 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:01am
Just saw this on Facebook this morning, could it be true?!?!?!

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2015/65668/led-zeppelin-announces-new-studio-album-and-u-s...

IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #137 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:29am
Led Zeppelin Announces New Studio Album and U. S. Tour Dates
ON APRIL 1, 2015 BY CLETUS P. STILLWATER, JR.

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #138 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 6:32am
We're still doing April Fool's jokes?  Don't suck my cock

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #139 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 8:57pm
mojoman wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 8:40pm:
Gazza wrote on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 4:56pm:

more timpani!!!

Mojo?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #140 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 2:59pm

... ... ...
IP Logged

wiseblood
Rocks Off Regular

Wading pools and beer
on a hot summer day...

Boston, MA
Reply #141 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:18pm
These Zep remasters have been some of the worst and most disappointing sets I've ever gotten my hands on.  I'm not talking about the books and the HUGE package.  I'm just talking about audio content.  It's really limited in scope, repetitive, and not so interesting.  Jimmy Page can't sit there and look us squarely in the face that there is nothing left in the vaults and that these outtakes and rough mixes are all he could have offered.

What's the over/under on years before we see yet ANOTHER remastering of the Zep catalog.  I'll put the number at 11.5 years.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:22pm by wiseblood »  

Come on queenie, let's shake it.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #142 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 10:38am
wiseblood wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 4:18pm:
These Zep remasters have been some of the worst and most disappointing sets I've ever gotten my hands on.  I'm not talking about the books and the HUGE package.  I'm just talking about audio content.  It's really limited in scope, repetitive, and not so interesting.  Jimmy Page can't sit there and look us squarely in the face that there is nothing left in the vaults and that these outtakes and rough mixes are all he could have offered.

What's the over/under on years before we see yet ANOTHER remastering of the Zep catalog.  I'll put the number at 11.5 years.

We will all be dead in ten, Zep is all but forgotten to the masses… the end is here… I'm working on my farewell post to the world!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #143 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 6:55am
Jimmy Page Thought the Sex Pistols Were ‘Superb’
By Dave Lifton July 24, 2015

Kevin Winter / Evan Agostini, Getty Images

The birth of punk in the mid-’70s put a dividing line between itself and everything that came before it. However, Jimmy Page didn’t feel that way. In a new interview, he praised the group that drew that line, the Sex Pistols.

“I liked the Sex Pistols’ music,” he told the Guardian. “I thought it was superb. I liked it but that didn’t mean to say I was going to give up on the way I was going – but you do, you appreciate other music along the way. You could see the link back to Eddie Cochran, but I don’t want to take anything away from what they did, or try and link it into something else – that’s almost as annoying as people trying to link Led Zeppelin into something. It was just really good music.”

Another punk group Page admired was the Damned, saying that he even attended one of their concerts with his lead singer. “I went to hear the Damned,” he noted, “and Robert [Plant] came along – the two of us went to see the Damned here in London. He’d probably run a mile from something like that now, but I’d still embrace it.”

While the first wave of British punks wanted to establish a new hierarchy and overthrow groups like Led Zeppelin, Page said that they had no effect on the group. “Here’s where it goes with Led Zeppelin,” he continued. “It didn’t matter what was going on around us, because the character of Led Zeppelin’s music was so strong.”

Next week, Led Zeppelin will put out the reissues of their last three albums, Presence, In Through the Out Door and Coda. Page more or less admitted that this is the end of the line for him with the group, stating, “This is closure, if you want to use that word, on the recording world, the studio world of Led Zeppelin.”

Read More: Jimmy Page Thought the Sex Pistols Were 'Superb' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-sex-pistols/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_m...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #144 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 3:47pm
interesting how release dates aren't the standard Monday/tuesday as much anymore.
It used to be a shipping issue. now that physical media isn't as much of the market, must be a reason…
that aside, I'm interested to hear some of this bonus stuff, this may be the best set as far as I'm concerned… never collected Zep boots as much, so gems and history aren't my thing with them. Unlike a Stones bonus track, that I know is a vocal from that period and another that i can tell is modern day Jagger...

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #145 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:42am
corgi37 wrote on Nov 16th, 2013 at 10:02pm:
I might be interested in some of them if the price is right.

Absolutely Corg'! JB will be the only stockists and it  will cost a bomb.

I'm happy with my Zep remasters, and the BBC recordings. Like Moonie said, I think Pagey scraped the bottom of the barrel with Coda, apart from the BEEB recordings I don't think they'll be much to play with except 10 minute guitar solos,YAAAAAWWNNNzzzzzzzzzzzzz, maybe some vocal acrobatics from Plant, But again Moonie's right Zep boots are a complete bloody bore.

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #146 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:59am
Edith Grove wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 6:55am:
Jimmy Page Thought the Sex Pistols Were ‘Superb’
By Dave Lifton July 24, 2015

Kevin Winter / Evan Agostini, Getty Images

The birth of punk in the mid-’70s put a dividing line between itself and everything that came before it. However, Jimmy Page didn’t feel that way. In a new interview, he praised the group that drew that line, the Sex Pistols.

“I liked the Sex Pistols’ music,” he told the Guardian. “I thought it was superb. I liked it but that didn’t mean to say I was going to give up on the way I was going – but you do, you appreciate other music along the way. You could see the link back to Eddie Cochran, but I don’t want to take anything away from what they did, or try and link it into something else – that’s almost as annoying as people trying to link Led Zeppelin into something. It was just really good music.”

Another punk group Page admired was the Damned, saying that he even attended one of their concerts with his lead singer. “I went to hear the Damned,” he noted, “and Robert [Plant] came along – the two of us went to see the Damned here in London. He’d probably run a mile from something like that now, but I’d still embrace it.”

While the first wave of British punks wanted to establish a new hierarchy and overthrow groups like Led Zeppelin, Page said that they had no effect on the group. “Here’s where it goes with Led Zeppelin,” he continued. “It didn’t matter what was going on around us, because the character of Led Zeppelin’s music was so strong.”

Next week, Led Zeppelin will put out the reissues of their last three albums, Presence, In Through the Out Door and Coda. Page more or less admitted that this is the end of the line for him with the group, stating, “This is closure, if you want to use that word, on the recording world, the studio world of Led Zeppelin.”

Read More: Jimmy Page Thought the Sex Pistols Were 'Superb' | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-sex-pistols/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_m...

Johnny Lydon, what a guy. The Pistols what a band. McClaren deliberately wanted that group to implode. He was even more nihilistic than his so called protégés. Imagine dumping the Pistols into middle America at that time? Stupid, but deliberate.

Despite their tirades against the likes of the Stones, Beatles, Who, they were a fabulous group. Their biggest mistake was firing Matlock. He was the musical compass for the group. Sid was just a prop. A self destructive fool. He couldn't even play for crying out loud. But he'd always looked the part.

Anyone interested, and who hasn't seen it get yourself a copy of 'The Filth And The Fury' DVD. The downright honesty In that documentary is incredible.

"In the end we were just fed up...with fucking everybody." I still listen to 'Never Mind The Bollocks'! This Is The Sex Pistols. Can't wait to see that pompous twat on the interview show ....In Confidence interview Lydon. Now that will be something worth watching.

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #147 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 2:40pm
The lowest generation copy of Led Zeppelins Earl's Court '75 dvd's are up on Traders Den!

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119218

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: 1975-05-24
Title: "Earls Court Ultimate Edition"
Label: Cosmic Energy
Venue: Earl´s Court Exhibition Centre
Source: Pro-Shot Film

Lineage: multi-cam proshot>dvd>hd>The Trader's Den

NTSC

Video Attributes:
Video Compression Mode: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
TV system: NTSC
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Source Picture Resolution: 720x480
Frame Rate: 29
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Data rate: 6200kbps

Audio Attributes:
Bit rate: 224 kbps
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 kHz

Setlist:
Rock And Roll
Sick Again
Over The Hills And Far Away
In My Time of Dying
The Song Remains The same
The Rain Song
Kashmir
No Quarter
Tangerine
Going To California [clip]
That's The Way
Bron-yr-Aur-Stomp
Trampled Underfoot
Moby Dick [clip]
Dazed And Confused
Stairway To Heaven
Whole Lotta Love
Black Dog

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #148 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 7:49am
Jimmy Page Closes the Book on Led Zeppelin With Final Reissues
By Jeff Giles July 31, 2015

Frazer Harrison, Getty Images

The Led Zeppelin deluxe reissue series closes out today with newly expanded and remastered versions of 1976′s Presence, 1979′s In Through the Out Door and 1982′s Coda. For guitarist Jimmy Page, who curated the reissues, it marks the end of a very long chapter in his career.

Noting that the new versions of the albums leave fans with “double the amount of [Led Zeppelin] studio information and studio material that there was in the first place,” Page tells ABC News Radio that he’s satisfied he’s given the band its due with the remastered records and their attendant bonus material.

“There’s such in affection for Led Zeppelin music within the audience, it could only be the right thing to do to put out a real authoritative package,” noted Page. “And here we are at the end of it.”

Fans might be tempted to take that with a grain of salt, given that most major rock artists have seen multiple rounds of reissues over the past 25 years, but Page feels the current versions of the albums have been future-proofed as much as possible. “The last time that Led Zeppelin music was remastered it was for the advent of CDs over 20 years ago,” he pointed out. “I wanted to really approach every way that you could listen to it outside of MP3 [and] let it be available for people who want to hear it … with all the distance in it and the depth and the 3D picture of the mixing, etc, etc.”

Now that the reissues have been closed out, Page will presumably return his attention to his solo career, which he plans to revive with new tour dates and an album he’s hinted will be “quite different” from anything people expect.

Read More: Jimmy Page Closes the Book on Led Zeppelin With Final Reissues | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-led-zeppelin-final-reissues/?utm_sourc...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #149 - Aug 1st, 2015 at 11:42am
i have received CODA in the mail
i play CODA at high volume
neighbors beware!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)