Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48
Send Topic Print
Howe about another YouTube thread? (Read 376,428 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Howe about another YouTube thread?
Reply #550 - Nov 19th, 2015 at 4:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
How NOT to deep-fry a turkey:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #551 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 12:36pm
They can't keep 'em off the stage in Frankfurt:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #552 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 1:19pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #553 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 1:57pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #554 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:32am
Watch Jimmy Page Play Led Zeppelin with Paul Rodgers and an All-Star Band

By Jeff Giles November 20, 2015

Want Jimmy Page to show up at your party? Just make him the guest of honor — and invite a whole bunch of rock stars to perform a setlist stuffed with his greatest hits.

Rolling Stone reports that Page made a surprise appearance at Seattle’s Experience Music Project Museum on Nov. 19, walking out on stage for the last number of a star-studded evening held to mark his acceptance of the EMP Founders Award. Although Page wasn’t expected to show, the prospect of sharing the stage with a pickup band that included Cheap Trick‘s Rick Nielsen and Paul Rodgers, Page’s former the Firm bandmate — as well as Duff McKagan and Krist Novoselic — was apparently too difficult to resist.

As the report notes, the event’s lineup could have been even more impressive — scheduling conflicts prevented the involvement of obvious Page acolytes like Pearl Jam‘s Mike McCready and Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart — and the fan-shot footage embedded here is rough enough to carry a warning for those susceptible to motion sickness. But all that aside, this was a once-in-a-lifetime event, and it’s obvious that Page and his fellow players were having a ball.

That sense of fun will hopefully spill over into Page’s next project, which is taking shape now that he’s wrapped his work on the most recent series of Led Zeppelin reissues. With new music and the possibility of a tour on the horizon, he’s said he’s looking forward to taking a more experimental approach to playing guitar.

“I’m known to play in so many different styles and that’s what I am, so I just want to get there and just basically reconnect with all of these things and see what happens,” he hinted in a recent interview. “Now that all of the Zeppelin stuff has come out, I have the freedom to be able to make new music, manifest new music and be seen to be playing, as opposed to just rumored to be playing.”

Read More: Watch Jimmy Page Play Led Zeppelin with Paul Rodgers and an All-Star Band | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-paul-rodgers-nirvana-guns-n-roses/?utm...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #555 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:15pm

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #556 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 2:04pm
Ball-bustin' motorcycle fun in Russia !

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #557 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 12:15am
Ronda Rousey getting knocked out by Holly Holms in slow motion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUzZb4Lj34A

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #558 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 9:27am

" Great job, I would have killed myself figuring out that he capo'd his electric at the third fret.  I doubted this and then went and looked and sure enough there it is in the video.  Leave it to Townshend to still have a balls out sound with a freaking capo and you capture the sound and playing perfectly.  Is that a Schecter by the way? "
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2015 at 9:28am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #559 - Nov 27th, 2015 at 5:17pm
Video: Taj Mahal Performs In A French Quarter Carriage

NOVEMBER 24, 2015

If you’re not familiar with the Bloody Sunday Sessions, now is a good time to acquaint yourself. The video series finds numerous artists–locals and out-of-towners alike–performing in the back of an iconic mule-drawn carriage as it makes its way through New Orleans’ French Quarter.

Past performers have included nationally recognized acts like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, The Wood Brothers, Fishbone, The Del McCoury Band and The Expendables, as well as New Orleans staples like the Honey Island Swamp Band, Davell Crawford and Morning 40 Federation.

The latest release in the series, which was produced in collaboration with Live for Live Music, features blues guitar master Taj Mahal and his band performing his 1977 track “Queen Bee” whilst riding down Dauphine street. You can check out the video below.

https://www.offbeat.com/news/video-taj-mahal-performs-french-quarter-carriage/

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #560 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 11:53am

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #561 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 6:56pm
Happy birthday, Mr. Cale.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #562 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:36pm

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #563 - Dec 7th, 2015 at 8:28pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #564 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 10:44am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #565 - Dec 8th, 2015 at 1:17pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #566 - Dec 10th, 2015 at 9:04pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #567 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 9:44am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #568 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:18pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #569 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 9:18pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #570 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 9:25pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #571 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:16am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #572 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 9:51am
***** {  " YES !!!! "  } *****

Thanks Edith   ---- This Guy had CLASS !!!!!   ... We miss him more and more every single day :

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/johnny-carson-tonight-show-full-episodes-antenna...

Here is your reward :

http://variety.com/2012/tv/columns/johnny-carson-knew-when-to-leave-1118053689/

" As the PBS documentary notes, Carson was influenced by seeing comedy titans like George Burns and his idol Jack Benny perform until they became shadows of themselves, although it’s not entirely clear even Carson knew he was going to disappear as completely as he did. "

" His Mother was his ' Rosebud '  , Ronnie !!!!! "

Joey Carson

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 1:22pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #573 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 2:47pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #574 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 4:32pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)