Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jagger says he wants to record Stones album ...Ian (Read 1,815 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Jagger says he wants to record Stones album ...Ian
Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Mick says in the brand new Rolling Stone Magazine that he would like to record another Stones album .... "eventually" ... :/

I am assuming the journalist asked him if they ever are going to make another Stones album and he responded this way... or perhaps he brought it up on his own ... (some how I just can't see him doing that on his own..Micks as confidential as they come and he is certainly never one to let any cat out of the bag until it's time..in fact he's skillful at dodging questions and keeping things under his wraps) but that may be wishful thinking here.

Whatever the case it seems that Mick and Keith need these shows and this little deal to actually get on to writing TOGETHER again. Sure Keith said he was sorry to Mick right to his face, and they are getting along well right now needless to say but still, I think in order for this to be by-gones and work exclusively together for a good while on something intimate like writing / recording ...They need some live gigs together... to fully work it all out and get over the hump.

My real hope is they record an album for next year... Awesome to see that they are going to play together again and I, and the world await to see how they are and how those shows go BUT... that is only the first part... I want a new album from them... I know I know... I should be satisfied with just having them around at this stage. I AM BUT they KEEP hinting at RECORDING AN ALBUM!!! What's a poor boy supposed to do?

Why wait until way after next year. Gazza maintains they are going to keep this tour (if you want to call it that) going... after a bit of a break. I don't think they are going to take a break if it is going to be the celebration of their anniversary. If they stop after these four shows I think they will either record or leave it.

What would actually be beautiful is if they wrote/recorded an album immediately following these live gigs and went on a more full scale tour next fall...

Or is this 50 and counting a 50 show tour for them?? I doubt it... why get it filmed right away if they intend to do more shows? Better to break the band in and get em optimal before filming it.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:54pm by Unholy Trinity »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Jagger says he wants to record Stones album ..
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:27pm:
Mick says in the brand new Rolling Stone Magazine that he would like to record another Stones album .... "eventually" ... :/

I am assuming the journalist asked him if they ever are going to make another Stones album and he responded this way... or perhaps he brought it up on his own ... (some how I just can't see him doing that on his own..Micks as confidential as they come and he is certainly never one to let any cat out of the bag until it's time..in fact he's skillful at dodging questions and keeping things under his wraps) but that may be wishful thinking here.

Whatever the case it seems that Mick and Keith need these shows and this little deal to actually get on to writing TOGETHER again. Sure Keith said he was sorry to Mick right to his face, and they are getting along well right now needless to say but still, I think in order for this to be by-gones and work exclusively together for a good while on something intimate like writing / recording ...They need some live gigs together... to fully work it all out and get over the hump.

My real hope is they record an album for next year... Awesome to see that they are going to play together again and I, and the world await to see how they are and how those shows go BUT... that is only the first part... I want a new album from them... I know I know... I should be satisfied with just having them around at this stage. I AM BUT they KEEP hinting at RECORDING AN ALBUM!!! What's a poor boy supposed to do?

Why wait until way after next year. Gazza maintains they are going to keep this tour (if you want to call it that) going... after a bit of a break. I don't think they are going to take a break if it is going to be the celebration of their anniversary. If they stop after these four shows I think they will either record or leave it.

What would actually be beautiful is if they wrote/recorded an album immediately following these live gigs and went on a more full scale tour next fall...

Or is this 50 and counting a 50 show tour for them?? I doubt it... why get it filmed right away if they intend to do more shows? Better to break the band in and get em optimal before filming it.

Any thoughts?

You dont think they'll take a break? The final concert this year is ten days before Christmas. Of course they're going to take a break.

They're already making plans for a proper tour in 2013.

Filming a show makes sense (assuming they can pull it off and not look and sound ridiculous) as a promotional vehicle for concerts next year.

As for the 'new album' theory. There is no motivation to make a new album unless they are going to tour behind it. And after next year's tour, thats highly unlikely.  Of course he's going to talk about the possibility of more records - it makes them look washed up if he doesnt. Its almost as credible as believing that Mick and Keith are great friends, that the rehearsals have cost them a million quid so far and that the tickets are worth $800. Standard Stones-PR nonsense that rarely has any connection with reality.

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:54pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 9:39pm
IAN,I WANT AN ALBUM AS MUCH AS YOU DO.I PREFER IT OVER SHOWS.BUT MICK IS NOT GONNA WRITE WITH KEEF TO ANY GREAT DEGREE AGAIN.
IF THEY MAKE A RECORD(AND THEY WONT) IT'LL BE OFF MICKS DEMOS.
SHIP HAS SAILED,DUDE.
MICK WILL WRITE WITH DAVE STEWART AGAIN.
THERE IS NO FIDUCIARY REWARD FOR HIM TO MAKE ANOTHER STONES ALBUM.
AND MICK'S ALL ABOUT THE BUCKS.
MEANWHILE, PUT ON OUT OF OUR HEADS,AND DIG IT!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2012 at 11:18pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 6:27pm:

Any thoughts?

You dont think they'll take a break? The final concert this year is ten days before Christmas. Of course they're going to take a break.

They're already making plans for a proper tour in 2013.

Filming a show makes sense (assuming they can pull it off and not look and sound ridiculous) as a promotional vehicle for concerts next year.

As for the 'new album' theory. There is no motivation to make a new album unless they are going to tour behind it. And after next year's tour, thats highly unlikely.  Of course he's going to talk about the possibility of more records - it makes them look washed up if he doesnt. Its almost as credible as believing that Mick and Keith are great friends, that the rehearsals have cost them a million quid so far and that the tickets are worth $800. Standard Stones-PR nonsense that rarely has any connection with reality.

A Christmas break sure. I just can't see them breaking for three or four months is what I mean... why would they? That would make zero sense.  What's the point?

Gazz how many films can they have?? How many concert films can they have? The idea of them having a concert film to actually tour behind or use as some vehicle is not ideal for them being touted as a current rock act, or logical, nor characteristic of them. They don't need a concert film, or any film to tour behind or to use as a promotion. **They are coming off promotion out the wazooo ... A Book, A Movie, Monday Night Football, A Greatest Hits Package, New songs/videos etc. etc. They got all the promotion they could ever need this fall...why wait until well into next year sometime to start it up again. For what reason? And again, how many films can you have? I am assuming this film will go to DVD only... I don't think it will be played in Cinemas... we had Shine a Light, Now Cross Fire Hurricane... I mean what are they gonna do start touring behind movies?

As for the motivation ... I AGREE ... at this time there seems to be not much at all... As for Jagger passing it off just to wanna sound like they are not a touring nostalgia act alone. Perhaps... but why mention The notion of recording a new record at all...unless as was said he was directly asked and didnt want to say not really.. Still my thought is they plan on doing another album together at some point... the point they are waiting on I am not clear... to say the clock is ticking is an understatement...

Ian

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:36am
BILL PERKS wrote on Oct 24th, 2012 at 9:39pm:
IAN,I WANT AN ALBUM AS MUCH AS YOU DO.I PREFER IT OVER SHOWS.BUT MICK IS NOT GONNA WRITE WITH KEEF TO ANY GREAT DEGREE AGAIN.
SHIP HAS SAILED,DUDE.

I do dig Out of Our Heads... not as much as you dig ER though... I shall in the coming days (if I can find it ...can't recall seeing it in my collection recently... at one time I had like 20 of their studio albums and like 7 or 8 boot legs all at one time .... I HAVE certainly heard and know all their albums and had all of them at one time or another in being borrowed or not. I actually prefer Decembers Children over OOOH.. ).

Mick will write with Keith again... how do I know? ... I don't but I have this strange gut feeling about it. We have not heard the last of them in terms of albums...and yes.... I feel they will sit down and write together again like they used to too.

One one last note... remember Bill, we may disagree on this and other things but guess what...not on A Bigger Bang Baby!!!

That fucker rocks!! period - (was great to hear them like that again...never thought they could sound like that again).

Ian

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 3:07am
Just be happy with 2 new songs and a tour. Mick & Keith wont even stand next to each other in any pictures of the band lately. The upcoming 2013 tour is the "One Last Shot" tour. 2 years ago, after "Life", it looked like it might not ever happen. Pay a fortune for war horses and be content with that.

And why make an album? No one cares. "Doom and Gloom" has more or less bombed.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:23am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:36am:
SHIP HAS SAILED,DUDE.

I do dig Out of Our Heads... not as much as you dig ER though... I shall in the coming days (if I can find it ...can't recall seeing it in my collection recently... at one time I had like 20 of their studio albums and like 7 or 8 boot legs all at one time .... I HAVE certainly heard and know all their albums and had all of them at one time or another in being borrowed or not. I actually prefer Decembers Children over OOOH.. ).

Mick will write with Keith again... how do I know? ... I don't but I have this strange gut feeling about it. We have not heard the last of them in terms of albums...and yes.... I feel they will sit down and write together again like they used to too.

One one last note... remember Bill, we may disagree on this and other things but guess what...not on A Bigger Bang Baby!!!

That fucker rocks!! period - (was great to hear them like that again...never thought they could sound like that again).

Ian

GOT THAT RIGHT, IAN.LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME !

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:48am
>Gazz how many films can they have?? How many concert films can they have? The idea of them having a concert film to actually tour behind or use as some vehicle is not ideal for them being touted as a current rock act, or logical, nor characteristic of them

Er... I didnt say they were releasing a concert film. They're filming a concert in December for broadcast as a Pay per View event. Effectively its a way of promoting shows for next year and reaches more homes than a DVD release will.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Voodoo Scrounge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:54am
I think the temptatin is to expect a new albulm to supprt the tour. The harsh reality of it is that the Stones dont need to tour to sell an album. The Stones have become an institutionof music now and wouldnt need to have recorded the two new songs they already have to have sold out these shows and whatever tour is to follow.

Bill Perks is righ in as much as Mick and Keith's relationship with eachother isnt what it was. Why would it be? They are so different and dont have the motivation to want to write together anymore.

Why put yourself through the process of actually making a Stones record, which neither of them need or want to make, when a tour will sell out without one?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:56am
Gazza wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 5:48am:
>Gazz how many films can they have?? How many concert films can they have? The idea of them having a concert film to actually tour behind or use as some vehicle is not ideal for them being touted as a current rock act, or logical, nor characteristic of them

Er... I didnt say they were releasing a concert film. They're filming a concert in December for broadcast as a Pay per View event. Effectively its a way of promoting shows for next year and reaches more homes than a DVD release will.

Oh I see. I thought you meant filming it to make another actual film and tour in conjunction with... was gonna say... just had a few of those films and who needs it right now hehe. Yeah...a Pay-per-view showing would be cool. Still not needed as any promotional vehicle.

They have done tons of promo for this set of shows...be it 4 or 50 shows: Book, Movie, Greatest Hits, Single with Video, Photo Exhibition .... that's plenty enough. No need for adding another promo vehicle...the shows they book will sell out with no problems what-so-ever with not much of any of those bits. Still will be cool to see though. They gotta have it captured somehow.

Ian

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #10 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:17am
corgi37 wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 3:07am:
Just be happy with 2 new songs and a tour.

Bang on!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #11 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:59am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:56am:
They have done tons of promo for this set of shows...be it 4 or 50 shows: Book, Movie, Greatest Hits, Single with Video, Photo Exhibition .... that's plenty enough. No need for adding another promo vehicle...the shows they book will sell out with no problems what-so-ever with not much of any of those bits. Still will be cool to see though. They gotta have it captured somehow.

Agree with the 'no need' bit - but the Stones last tour didnt sell as well as before and its a bit of false marketing to suggest these four shows have sold out too.

They may have shifted what tickets they put on sale - but a huge % of them have been bought by people who arent going, and who are going to have a hell of a job getting them re-sold.

Viagogo alone have over 10,000 tickets for sale on their site for the four concerts. No way are they getting face value for THAT many tickets, let alone getting the money theyre asking for them.

If the Stones are playing a full tour next year - and the indications are that they will be - then they'll have to restructure a few things if theyre going to fill large venues.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 11:18am
Gazza wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 7:59am:
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:56am:

Agree with the 'no need' bit - but the Stones last tour didnt sell as well as before and its a bit of false marketing to suggest these four shows have sold out too.

They may have shifted what tickets they put on sale - but a huge % of them have been bought by people who arent going, and who are going to have a hell of a job getting them re-sold.

Viagogo alone have over 10,000 tickets for sale on their site for the four concerts. No way are they getting face value for THAT many tickets, let alone getting the money theyre asking for them.

If the Stones are playing a full tour next year - and the indications are that they will be - then they'll have to restructure a few things if theyre going to fill large venues.

Yes they will have to restructure something when it comes to filling large venues.... it's called their "TICKET PRICES"!! hehe

Ian

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2012 at 12:26pm
I WENT TO THE 2006 AC SHOW WITH FOUR FRIENDS.ALL OF WHOM SAW AT LEAST 2 SHOWS ON ABB TOUR.
NONE OF THEM ARE ATTENDING SHOWS IN 2012/13.
DIFFERENT PRIORITIES NOW.
ANY TOUR I THINK WILL BE NO SECURITY IN DESIGN.

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

USA
Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2012 at 3:08pm
SHIP HAS SAILED,DUDE.

Out Of Our Heads is a Fantastic album!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)