Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
CROSSFIRE HURRICANE : A NEW ROLLING STONES FILM (Read 31,335 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
CROSSFIRE HURRICANE : A NEW ROLLING STONES FILM
Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:56am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Press release from rollingstones.com

30 August 2012

CROSSFIRE HURRICANE – A NEW FILM FROM THE ROLLING STONES

The Rolling Stones, the rock ‘n’ roll icons who have defined creativity, daring and durability, are to be chronicled in a kaleidoscopic new film that documents the key periods of their career and their incredible adventures.

Crossfire Hurricane, directed by Brett Morgen, provides a remarkable new perspective on the Stones’ unparalleled journey from blues-obsessed teenagers in the early 60’s to rock royalty. It’s all here in panoramic candour, from the Marquee Club to Hyde Park, from Altamont to Exile, from club gigs to stadium extravaganzas.

The film in the UK will receive a theatrical release and can be seen by Stones fans in selected cinemas across the country in October. It will also be premiered on HBO in the USA and broadcast on BBC Two later in the year.

With never-before-seen footage and fresh insights from the band themselves, the film will delight, shock and amaze longtime devotees, as well as another generation of fans, with its uniquely immersive style and tone. Crossfire Hurricane places the viewer right on the frontline of the band’s most legendary escapades.

Taking its title from a lyric in “Jumping Jack Flash”, Crossfire Hurricane gives the audience an intimate insight, for the first time, into exactly what it’s like to be part of the Rolling Stones, as they overcame denunciation, drugs, dissensions and death to become the definitive survivors. It’s the backstage pass to outdo them all.

The odyssey includes film from the Stones’ initial road trips and first controversies as they became the anti-Beatles, the group despised by authority because they connected and communicated with their own generation as no one ever had. “When we got together,” says Wyman, “something magical happened, and no one could ever copy that.”

From the outset of the film, viewers know they’re in for a white-knuckle ride. No sooner had the early Stones line-up first played live under that name in the summer of 1962 than they were bigger than the venues that tried to hold them. Wyman remembers how the crowds were soon inspiring manic behaviour, especially among screaming girls, whose uncontrollable excitement was obvious as stardom beckoned for the band already earmarked as the bad guys with press headlines, “Would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone?”

Riots and the chaos of early tours are graphically depicted, as is the birth of the Jagger-Richards songwriting partnership. The many dramas they encountered are also fully addressed, including the Redlands drug bust, the descent of Brian Jones into what Richards calls “bye-bye land,” and the terror and disillusionment of 1969’s Altamont Festival.

The band’s rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle is also discussed with extraordinary forthrightness, including at the time of their seminal 1972 album Exile On Main St, which topped the British charts both then and 38 years later with its deluxe reissue. Their very survival repeatedly under threat, we see how the Stones survived with a backs-to-the-wall spirit. “We may be going down,” says Keith, “but we’re not going down your way.”

The film illustrates the Stones’ evolution from being, as Mick vividly describes it, “the band everybody hated to the band everybody loves”: through the hedonistic 1970s and Keith’s turning-point bust in Canada to the spectacular touring phenomenon we know today. Richards also reveals the song that he believes defines the “essence” of his writing relationship with Jagger more than any other.

Asked in a formative interview in the film what it is that sets them apart from other groups, Jagger says with quiet understatement: “A chemical reaction seems to have happened.” Keith Richards added, “You can’t really stop the Rolling Stones, you know when that sort of avalanche is facing you, you just get out of the way”. It’s been happening ever since, and the life and times of the Rolling Stones have never been as electrifyingly portrayed as they are in Crossfire Hurricane.

Director Brett Morgen added, “Crossfire Hurricane invites the audience to experience firsthand the Stones’ nearly mythical journey from outsiders to rock and roll royalty. This is not an academic history lesson. Crossfire Hurricane allows the viewer to experience the Stones’ journey from a unique vantage point. It’s an aural and visual roller coaster ride.”

Worldwide distributors of Crossfire Hurricane are Eagle Rock Entertainment in London, with Tremelo Productions and Milkwood Films as the production companies.

Eagle Rock Entertainment Chairman and CEO, Terry Shand said:  “We are very pleased to continue our association with the Rolling Stones visual rights agenda and their collaboration with such great filmmakers.”

As befits the first rock band to reach the 50-year milestone with their global stature now greater than ever, the film combines extensive historical footage, much of it widely unseen, with contemporary commentaries by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Period interviews, extensive live performance material and news archive give the production a truly kinetic aura and no-holds-barred approach.

Crossfire Hurricane has taken over a year to make and produce with the full cooperation of The Rolling Stones and will be released in November.

http://www.rollingstones.com/2012/08/30/crossfire-hurricane-a-new-film-from-the-...
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2012 at 9:01pm by Unholy Trinity »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

luxury
Rocks Off Regular

Re: CROSSFIRE HURRICANE : A NEW ROLLING STONES FIL
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:58am
what a great fucking title

&&

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:03am
not a bad day!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 9:29am
This may be the HBO Thanksgiving Saturday night special.........

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:57pm
I just posted about this Gazza...feel lfree to delete/ combine/ whatever my thread

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
New Stones Documentary...
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:51pm
http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/65831
A new film called CROSSFIRE HURRICANE to be released to theaters

The Rolling Stones have announced details of a new documentary titled Crossfire Hurricane.

Directed by Brett Morgen, the film documents the band's career from their early road trips and gigs in the 1960s, via the release of 1972's seminal 'Exile On Main Street' right up to present day.
It will also feature stacks of unseen footage of the band, including commentaries from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and former Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. In one early interview when asked what sets the Rolling Stones apart from other bands, Jagger says: " A chemical reaction seems to have happened". Richards added: " You can't really stop the Rolling Stones, you know when that sort of avalanche is facing you, you just get out of the way".

Director Brett Morgen said: “Crossfire Hurricane invites the audience to experience firsthand the Stones' nearly mythical journey from outsiders to rock and roll royalty. This is not an academic history lesson. Crossfire Hurricane allows the viewer to experience the Stones' journey from a unique vantage point. It's an aural and visual roller coaster ride.”

'Crossfile Hurricane' will premiere in cinemas in October and will go on general release in November.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:53pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: New Stones Documentary...
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:56pm
I got a crossfire hard on!

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:36am
It's gonna be a gas gas gas

you made a grown man cry

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Italy
Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:44am
I was born...

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: New Stones Documentary...
Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:12am
Pdog wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:56pm:
I got a crossfire hard on!

Sounds painful. Ouch!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

KMC
Rocks Off Regular

Bayonne, NJ
Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:42am
NY Daily News reports that HBO will be airing on November 15.

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 12:11pm
I don't have HBO anymore!

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 4:05pm
Me neither, I'll be waiting for the Blu-Ray

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:11am
The movie will premiere at the 56th London Film Festival,  which runs from October 10 to 21st.  The Stones are likely to be in attendance. It will be this years American Express Gala screening

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/3015/london-film-festival-2012-preview

Online and telephone bookings for BFI Members open on September 13 with public booking following on September 24. So, if you were thinking of becoming a BFI member, now’s the best time to join (annual membership is £40).

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1545/london-film-festival-faqs

Last minute tickets are released in October. For handy email alerts, go to the BFI’s LFF website, click on the ‘Tickets’ tab and subscribe to their festival email bulletin.

You can also queue outside venues for ‘stand-bys’, which go on sale 30 minutes before each screening. The festival organisers often have tickets available, even for screenings billed as fully booked, so it pays to persevere.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:36am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

luxury
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:32am
You gotta go G!

&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #15 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:40am
luxury wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:32am:
You gotta go G!

Four hundred mile flight away, Luxy and hardly any leave left! The likes of Ade, Stewed & Keefed, Honkytonkman etc would live in that part of the country, but not me.

If I'm in London again this year (and its a big 'if'), it'll be for one of the 02 shows - but only if its on a weekend (which one of them WILL be if my info is correct) and if the tickets are affordable.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 9:48am
Anyone know if/where will this be premiered in NY theaters?

tia

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:29am
Gazza wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:40am:
You gotta go G!

Four hundred mile flight away, Luxy and hardly any leave left! The likes of Ade, Stewed & Keefed, Honkytonkman etc would live in that part of the country, but not me.

If I'm in London again this year (and its a big 'if'), it'll be for one of the 02 shows - but only if its on a weekend (which one of them WILL be if my info is correct) and if the tickets are affordable.  

Sounds iffy. Interesting stuff Ronnie!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:29pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:29am:
Gazza wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:40am:
You gotta go G!

Sounds iffy. Interesting stuff Ronnie!

well...the showbiz411.com guy who posted the wrong tour dates is saying the tickets are $500 and $200. Thats pretty similar to what New York tickets would have cost on the last tour, with an adjustment for inflation, so thats actually believable IMO. (its obviously discounting the crushing inevitability that they'll siphon off the absolute BEST seats to brokers, fanasylum and the like for four figure sums)

London prices, whilst exorbitant compared to the rest of Europe, still arent as bad as the US. £150 was the top ticket price last time, which is just over half what the US top price tickets were ($450). So a £200 top ticket price isnt far fetched. Nosebleeds at the 02 in 2007 were £85 or so (they did secretly keep the first four or five rows EXCLUSIVELY for Fan Asylum though - at about £1,500- £2,000 per package - a  decision and price figure which were never advertised when they announced the shows)

The catch is how many tickets in the lower price ranges there are  - something they never disclose. On the last tour that varied dramatically from one city to the next. There were far fewer of them, for example, in New York, LA, London etc than there would have been in the likes of Boise or Missoula.

My guess is that whilst they might advertise a wide RANGE of prices, there'll probably be very few of them in the cheaper ranges. And you can bet that they'll be held back when the tickets go on sale to con you into panic buying the exorbitant ones.  If I dont get them, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, to be honest.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:31pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:07pm
I remember that in Atlantic city...the smallest venue of the tour...the $60.00 tickets were the last 2 rows of the very back of the arena...totaling about 80 seats out of 9K seats sold

I scored mine!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 5:53pm
The date for the London premiere is confirmed as October 18th.The Stones will attend.

The movie will have a short cinema run in October and will be released a few weeks later by Eagle Rock on DVD and blu-ray.

It will be shown on HBO around that time as well as BBC2 in the UK. Broadcast dates are still unconfirmed.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 9:16am
This movie is rated GRRRR! smoking more weed is good for your health

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #22 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 3:20pm
http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff

American Express Gala

Crossfire Hurricane

This new documentary by Academy Award-nominated Brett Morgen commemorates the 50th anniversary of rock‘n’roll legends The
Rolling Stones.

ODEON Leicester Square      Oct 18, 2012 7:00 PM      On sale
24-09-2012 9:30 AM

Director Brett Morgen
Producer Victoria Pearman
Co-producer Morgan Neville
With Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood, Bill Wyman, Mick Taylor
USA 2012
118 mins
UK distribution Eagle Rock Entertainment

Rock’n’roll legends The Rolling Stones reach their 50th anniversary and the LFF marks this extraordinary milestone with the World Premiere of this commemorative documentary from Academy Award-nominated Brett Morgen (The Kid Stays In the Picture; Chicago 10). The first comprehensive overview of their career is meticulous in its construction, using classic Stones tracks to segue between phases of their enthralling story – from teenage fandom, to counterculture heroes, through drug busts, Brian Jones’ tragic death, band-mates departures, arrivals and everything in between. With a strong focus on the first 20 years, the wealth of rich, rare and often unseen archive material includes newsreel, film and TV appearances, excerpts from famous previous Stones movies and raucous, visceral live performance footage. Band members past and present have actively participated in the making of the film and one of its many pleasures is the specially recorded audio commentary by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood as well as new interviews with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Alternately nostalgic, satisfied and very funny, they not only give insider testimony on some of the most notorious moments in rock’n’roll history, they also reveal the dynamic that has ensured the band’s longevity. When the film kick-starts with the quip ‘never let the truth spoil a good story’, it functions as a coolly ironic preface. The truth is that The Rolling Stones – the trials and triumphs of their lives, their extraordinary success, their impact on the history of popular culture and most of all, their music – threaten at every turn to exceed story and become myth. One of the great achievements of this dazzling tribute is that it revels in all that, but it also succeeds at keeping it down, occasionally dirty, and very real.

Clare Stewart, Adrian Wootton

Around the UK and international territories

Audiences around the UK and in various international territories will have the chance to see the World Premiere beamed live by satellite into their local cinema, featuring red carpet arrivals at the BFI London Film Festival in partnership with American Express®. Check local cinema listings for details or more2screen.com.

Image © Ken Regan / Camera 5
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2012 at 3:25pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #23 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 3:24pm
The Rolling Stones
Crossfire Hurricane Live Event
LIVE / Recorded
18 October 2012 6.15pm BST (to be confirmed)

The Rolling Stones Crossfire Hurricane is a kaleidescopic new film directed by Brett Morgen that provides a remarkable new perspective on the Stones’ unparalleled journey from blues-obsessed teenagers in the early 60s to their rock royalty status today. The film will be broadcast LIVE by satellite to cinemas from the London Film Festival on Thursday 18 October and include live coverage from the red carpet before the film screening begins.

Crossfire Hurricane has taken over a year to make and produce with the full co–operation of The Rolling Stones. The film combines extensive historical footage, much of it widely unseen, with contemporary commentaries by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and former Stones, Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Period interviews, extensive live performance material and news archive give the production a truly kinetic aura and no-holds-barred approach.

Production Information
Delivered by satellites 9.05 and 10.02
Running time 150 minutes (TBC)
Photo credit RANKIN

http://www.more2screen.com/our-content/now-booking/the-rolling-stones-2/

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #24 - Sep 7th, 2012 at 4:09pm
More2Screen to Distribute Rolling Stones Crossfire Hurricane Live Cinema Event to Digital Cinemas Worldwide

More2Screen is delighted to announce that it has been appointed by Eagle Rock Entertainment to distribute the new Rolling Stones’ film, Crossfire Hurricane, to cinemas worldwide (ex–US) on Thursday 18 October. The film will be broadcast LIVE by satellite from the worldwide premiere at the London Film Festival and will include live footage from the red carpet before the film screening begins.

Crossfire Hurricane, directed by Brett Morgen, provides a remarkable new perspective on the Stones’ unparalleled journey from blues-obsessed teenagers in the early 60s to rock royalty for almost five decades.  The film combines extensive historical footage, much of it widely unseen, with contemporary commentaries by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and former Stones, Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Period interviews, extensive live performance material and news archive give the production a truly kinetic aura and no-holds-barred approach.

Christine Costello, Managing Director at More2Screen comments: “More2Screen is privileged to distribute this momentous Rolling Stones film to our digital cinema partners worldwide. With the addition of the ‘live from the red carpet’ footage this will be a fantastic rock n’ roll live cinema event for the new autumn season.”

Andrew Winter of Eagle Rock Entertainment said: “We’re delighted to be working with More2Screen once again on the theatrical release of Crossfire Hurricane. It is fitting to celebrate The Rolling Stones’ 50 years in music by sharing this worldwide premiere event with the band’s fans across the world.”

A recorded version of the film will be available to cinemas on DCP from late November 2012.

More2Screen is the leading London–based alternative content distributor with more than 6 years’ experience acquiring and distributing world-class opera, ballet, music concerts, theatre and special event films to cinemas across the globe – including 23 live broadcasts, over 100 different recorded productions and 3D live/recorded content.

For more information about booking The Rolling Stones Crossfire Hurricane LIVE Cinema Event contact:
Christine Costello at More2Screen  – Phone  +44 (0) 20 7806 6218
Email [email protected]

http://www.dcinematoday.com/dc/pr.aspx?newsID=2938

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)