Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The stones are currently in a NYC studio together (Read 34,640 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: The stones are currently in a NYC studio toget
Reply #125 - May 9th, 2012 at 12:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Wish I could see Paltrow's  face...could be a whole different story

IP Logged

FPM
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Right here in the USA
Reply #126 - May 9th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Looks like a classic show-biz kiss to me. You know, where celebrities kiss the air beside each other's faces? So as (I suppose) not to muss their make-up?

I'm still looking for pictures of Gwyneth's blazing sideboobs!

...&&&&
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #127 - May 9th, 2012 at 6:31pm
Gazza wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 6:22am:
Ian Billen wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 9:10pm:
Gazza wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 4:14pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 12:56pm:
I think I just read somewhere that Daryll is on tour in Europe or Scandinavia

He is.

Whether he still will be by May 19th though is another thing. I doubt he will be.

..... so your saying The Stones are going to perform that night eh? ..

Ian

I'm not - because, at the minute anyway, I genuinely don't know.

As I mentioned before, from past experience, I'm reluctant to get expectations up too much....

but as the days pass, its becoming harder to be pessimistic.... especially reading that post above which mentioned that McCartney did four songs.

I understand. Still, why would Don Was be there to play bass with them? He is their producer (and friend to them in a sense.. but still). Perhaps they are working out song idears... hmmmm? One thing is almost certain, if Jagger performs with not all The Stones present on the 19th, or on his own, there is definitely something going down besides any preparation for the SNL stint.

Remember, "officially" ..The Stones have absolutely no reason to get together anywhere (especially in a rented studio) to rehearse anything?? There are no live shows planned for them supposedly. It is either they are recording or preparing for something... it is one or the other at this point. That is indisputable. They don't get together to jam in some studio with their record producer for nothing. As you and I both darn well know any sort of tour is out of the question at this late stage. Still, perhaps it is possibly for a surprise or shorter notice gig if nothing much happens on SNL or perhaps they are recording... otherwise why would Don Was be there...? (gotta be one of those three scenarios... something is going down).

- Ian
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2012 at 6:34pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #128 - May 9th, 2012 at 8:29pm
."... As you and I both darn well know any sort of tour is out of the question at this late stage. Still, perhaps it is possibly for a surprise or shorter notice gig if nothing much happens on SNL or perhaps they are recording...  "

I know they have said nothing will happen until 2013...but i can't help recalling the  Julliard's press conference for ABB...

That happened in MAY 2005...with shows in kickin' off in Late August...I hate the expression, but you know..."just sayin'"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #129 - May 9th, 2012 at 9:27pm
Paranoid Android wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 8:29pm:
."... As you and I both darn well know any sort of tour is out of the question at this late stage. Still, perhaps it is possibly for a surprise or shorter notice gig if nothing much happens on SNL or perhaps they are recording...  "

I know they have said nothing will happen until 2013...but i can't help recalling the  Julliard's press conference for ABB...

That happened in MAY 2005...with shows in kickin' off in Late August...I hate the expression, but you know..."just sayin'"

I know and I understand where your comin from.. however they specifically said the tour isn't going to happen this year in a public statement.. which has never been the case in the past. How could they come off and tour now in regards to that?

As well, promoters would have been selected and venues would have to be booked. Necessary booking preparation and booking wheels would of easily been set in motion by now for a tour that would be to start in four short months or so and they haven't been.

Ian

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #130 - May 11th, 2012 at 7:07am
Ian Billen wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 6:31pm:

He is.

Whether he still will be by May 19th though is another thing. I doubt he will be.

Ian

As I mentioned before, from past experience, I'm reluctant to get expectations up too much....

but as the days pass, its becoming harder to be pessimistic.... especially reading that post above which mentioned that McCartney did four songs.

I understand. Still, why would Don Was be there to play bass with them? He is their producer (and friend to them in a sense.. but still). Perhaps they are working out song idears... hmmmm? One thing is almost certain, if Jagger performs with not all The Stones present on the 19th, or on his own, there is definitely something going down besides any preparation for the SNL stint.

Remember, "officially" ..The Stones have absolutely no reason to get together anywhere (especially in a rented studio) to rehearse anything?? There are no live shows planned for them supposedly. It is either they are recording or preparing for something... it is one or the other at this point. That is indisputable. They don't get together to jam in some studio with their record producer for nothing. As you and I both darn well know any sort of tour is out of the question at this late stage. Still, perhaps it is possibly for a surprise or shorter notice gig if nothing much happens on SNL or perhaps they are recording... otherwise why would Don Was be there...? (gotta be one of those three scenarios... something is going down).

- Ian

Not necessarily.

I've said it before. Whilst the last jam session was Keith's doing to reel Mick in to get him to work with the band again, this one was a band decision - supposedly to see what kind of shape they're in (Keith especially).

The main reason why Don Was is playing bass is because a) he's a colleague who happens to be a bass player and b) the two alternatives arent available. Jones is on tour, and Wyman doesn't fly. The Stones dont have a bass player (ie, one who happens to be a band member) anyway, so who they use is pretty irrelevant. They werent going to fly Leavell and Jones in from the US for a couple of days in December (plus several guitar techs), so using Waters and Wyman was handy enough. Similarly, they dont need a specific bass player if the point of a get together is for the four of them to get the feel of working together again.

I think you're also mixing up both sessions a little. The one in New York was as I've just mentioned - a jam session. The one in NJ that followed appears to be a rehearsal if anything. Although, saying that, it could conceivably be that they moved to a NJ studio because they couldnt get the New York one for longer, they wanted to play some more or even because they wanted a bit of privacy - and they're not going to stay anonymous in New York for very long.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #131 - May 11th, 2012 at 7:22am
Is there a chance the NJ filming etc is part of the documentary...leading up to the 51st anniversary tour and totally not related to Mick and SNL?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #132 - May 11th, 2012 at 2:39pm
Gazza wrote on May 11th, 2012 at 7:07am:

He is.

Ian

- Ian

Not necessarily.

I've said it before. Whilst the last jam session was Keith's doing to reel Mick in to get him to work with the band again, this one was a band decision - supposedly to see what kind of shape they're in (Keith especially).

The main reason why Don Was is playing bass is because a) he's a colleague who happens to be a bass player and b) the two alternatives arent available. Jones is on tour, and Wyman doesn't fly. The Stones dont have a bass player (ie, one who happens to be a band member) anyway, so who they use is pretty irrelevant. They werent going to fly Leavell and Jones in from the US for a couple of days in December (plus several guitar techs), so using Waters and Wyman was handy enough. Similarly, they dont need a specific bass player if the point of a get together is for the four of them to get the feel of working together again.

I think you're also mixing up both sessions a little. The one in New York was as I've just mentioned - a jam session. The one in NJ that followed appears to be a rehearsal if anything. Although, saying that, it could conceivably be that they moved to a NJ studio because they couldnt get the New York one for longer, they wanted to play some more or even because they wanted a bit of privacy - and they're not going to stay anonymous in New York for very long.

Well you know more about whats going on behind closed doors than I with this. Still, why do they need a "rehearsal". A rehearsal for what exactly? Any sort of tour is surely a year off. That's way too early to go into rehearsals... for anyone.

So what I am saying is they are either working together... to do some type of show or perform (who knows... maybe SNL but Im doubting it) within the next few months ...or they are planning on recording. Either way.... one of those gotta be on plans. What eles... ?

After all... as you said... it is a "rehearsal".  Rehearsal means just that... to rehearse for something or some planned event.

Ian

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #133 - May 11th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Ian Billen wrote on May 11th, 2012 at 2:39pm:

He is.

Ian

- Ian

Not necessarily.

Well you know more about whats going on behind closed doors than I with this. Still, why do they need a "rehearsal". A rehearsal for what exactly? Any sort of tour is surely a year off. That's way too early to go into rehearsals... for anyone.

So what I am saying is they are either working together... to do some type of show or perform (who knows... maybe SNL but Im doubting it) within the next few months ...or they are planning on recording. Either way.... one of those gotta be on plans. What eles... ?

After all... as you said... it is a "rehearsal".  Rehearsal means just that... to rehearse for something or some planned event.

Ian

I said it 'appears to be a rehearsal'. I genuinely dont know - yet - if theyre going to be playing anywhere. You also dont 'rehearse' old songs if youre going to record something. Could be a studio performance for a DVD if its being filmed (and the December session WASNT filmed). It could also just be an extension of the New York one, which was ostensibly to see what shape Keith's in.

The fact that in between the London and NYC sessions Keith formally confirmed they wouldnt tour this year (when every indication was that they would be - even Jerry Hall mentioned it!) just says to me that Mick figured that Keith wasnt up to performing two-hour shows on a regular basis at a competent enough level at that time.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #134 - May 11th, 2012 at 10:20pm
Gazza wrote on May 11th, 2012 at 4:44pm:
Ian Billen wrote on May 11th, 2012 at 2:39pm:

He is.

Ian

- Ian

Not necessarily.

After all... as you said... it is a "rehearsal".  Rehearsal means just that... to rehearse for something or some planned event.

Ian

I said it 'appears to be a rehearsal'. I genuinely dont know - yet - if theyre going to be playing anywhere. You also dont 'rehearse' old songs if youre going to record something. Could be a studio performance for a DVD if its being filmed (and the December session WASNT filmed). It could also just be an extension of the New York one, which was ostensibly to see what shape Keith's in.

The fact that in between the London and NYC sessions Keith formally confirmed they wouldnt tour this year (when every indication was that they would be - even Jerry Hall mentioned it!) just says to me that Mick figured that Keith wasnt up to performing two-hour shows on a regular basis at a competent enough level at that time.

Some would say we go back and forth too much over things when in time, we shall find out what the situation really is/was. To me, it is what makes RO though, and the reason we have a board is to at times "mull" things over..  you know, to debate here and there and such.

With that said, I gotta say, I doubt they are so concerned about having some sort of "studio performance" on tape for a documentary? Why would that be needed? I mean, what's the point? To see The Stones rehearsing Jumpin Jack Flash?? I doubt it. Who is interested in that? There is far too much footage of them out there live, and footage of them in the studio already for that to be a necessity for the documentary. In fact, there's more footage of them in and out of the studio perhaps than any other act in history.  No need to get any filler material of such an uneventful occurrence in seeing them perform their own warhorse songs, which we have seen them rehearse and perform live countless times over the years (especially songs that have been covered in so many ways by them and in so many filmed scenarios with already ...nobody is interested in seeing more of that.. . I sure aren't. I want them to write and record NEW stuff. That's the only thing I, or the common bloke would want to see at this stage if there is to be new footage of them all in the studio somewhere).

I say if they are rehearsing songs it is definitely for a reason .."other".. than the documentary. I think the cameras are there for it to possibly be included in the documentary but I certainly don't think they went in for the sake of the documentary itself or to see if Keith can perform again.

As far as Keith is concerned, you don't need to go into a recording studio to get your chops back. You may go to a rehearsal studio later after working into that and then officially rehearse in a special rehearsal studio somewhere 2, 3, heck even 4 months before a tour. However, actually renting out a recording studio just to start to play again, or to see if Keith is able  to perform a two hour show again would seem to be huge overkill for right now and far too ahead of the game for the moment, Gazza. Any sort of tour is at the very least a whole year away...

So this is why I am convinced they got something going on recording wise or ....they are planning on performing  and / or something is definitely up their sleeve. Gotta be.  Who wants to see them rehearsing songs we have seen them play a zillion times or why rent out and film them in a recording studio to to see if they can get the ball rolling in with Keith or not (although I am sure they will be able to kill two birds with one stone in doing such). They are first and foremost there for plans other than that I'm sure. It isn't for the sake of assessing Keith and the band capabilities (although those things shall fall in line) or specifically for the documentary... (although it could be included in it).

Ian
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2012 at 1:46am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #135 - May 11th, 2012 at 11:17pm
I dreamt that beyond this 'horse' smokescreen, The "Shower Of Shit" Stains have been almost unbelievably hard at work developing new tunes which will eventually surface with titles such as 'Presidents & Queens (D.J. Rampant's Mix)', 'Flicks Of the Wrist (Arthritis Blues)', 'Aincha Something, Clearly', and 'Ramp Up the Fuck', followed by a completely nude 2013 tour and album, for which the very formative moments have been captured, from all angles, on very grainily 8mm cine footage.
piss off

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #136 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:15pm
The consistently reliable TeddyB who posts occasionally on IORR has indicated that Keith was working in a studio with Pierre de Beauport as recently as two days ago.  (Dont know where, but presumably in or around New York )

I seriously doubt that at this stage Keith is making a solo record, so maybe its possible he's working on songs for the Stones.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #137 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Gazza wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:15pm:
The consistently reliable TeddyB who posts occasionally on IORR has indicated that Keith was working in a studio with Pierre de Beauport as recently as two days ago.  (Dont know where, but presumably in or around New York )

I seriously doubt that at this stage Keith is making a solo record, so maybe its possible he's working on songs for the Stones.

This sounds great!! Something BIG is going down. Get ready!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #138 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:48pm
Charlie is in NYC, this picture was taken at the SiriusXM Studios some minutes ago

He was there as a guest of the SiriusXM Studio for a special edition of ' New York Nights ... Direct from the Bowery' with co-hosts John Varvatos (L) and Jesse Malin (R)
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:00pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #139 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Charlie's good tonite!
Perverted Charlie

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #140 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:13pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:02pm:
Charlie's good tonite!

Is that the same suit he was wearing the other nite ?  LOL

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #141 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:20pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #142 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:26pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:13pm:
Charlie's good tonite!

Is that the same suit he was wearing the other nite ?  LOL

Probably yes, this is a repost of that day, seems is the same one but wait... Keith changed underwear twice during the 1981 tour so Charlie is returning to the good old times being a Rolling Stone in the sense of the word

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #143 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:26pm:
Keith changed underwear twice during the 1981 tour

Briefs or boxers ?  Oh no! not you again

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #144 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:42pm
Charlie's good tonite!
Perverted Charlie

Charlies good every night...............maybe the suit mystery has been solved!
!

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #145 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:21pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 4:48pm:
Charlie is in NYC, this picture was taken at the SiriusXM Studios some minutes ago

He was there as a guest of the SiriusXM Studio for a special edition of ' New York Nights ... Direct from the Bowery' with co-hosts John Varvatos (L) and Jesse Malin (R)

and a little interview quote from him about the Stones here :

http://www.wcsx.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1728837

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #146 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:23pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:41pm:

Both of them were on the night of his birthday when they played Hampton. The first was when he was trying on a new pair that the band got him as a present and the second was after he pinged the stage invader with his Tele.

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #147 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Gazza wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:23pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:41pm:

Both of them were on the night of his birthday when they played Hampton. The first was when he was trying on a new pair that the band got him as a present and the second was after he pinged the stage invader with his Tele.

I'd hate to see that guys shorts. Are you fucking serious?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #148 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Charlie Interview here on the Ron & Fez show...

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2961336/00843686060/

starts at around the 1:37 mark...just earlier an excellent interview w/ Eugene Levy...

The 2hr mark...just before the end...comments about "the plans"

CW: If i were to play with another band, it would be w/ Bill Wyman...or a blues band, w/ Mick Taylor
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:46pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #149 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 8:58pm
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)