Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Facebook Rocks Off (header) (Read 12,130 times)
Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Re: Facebook Rocks Off (header)
Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some Guy wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 10:24am:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:08am:
Some Guy wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 11:07pm:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 8:17pm:
Steel Wheels wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 7:40pm:
If I had a Facebook, I would Facebook the Rocks Off page.

Same. I had an FB page once but it proved to just be a tool to find me for people I didn't want to find me, so I deleted it.

any bitches?

Unfortunately, yes. Didn't get any of the kind who wanted to bend over to please me though.

Everybody wants somebody's fantasy.

Very true.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 3:11pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:45pm:

Same. I had an FB page once but it proved to just be a tool to find me for people I didn't want to find me, so I deleted it.

any bitches?

Unfortunately, yes. Didn't get any of the kind who wanted to bend over to please me though.

Very true.

Did we get your stance on Emotional Rescue?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 3:15pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 3:11pm:
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:45pm:

any bitches?

Very true.

Did we get your stance on Emotional Rescue?

Hahaha, yeah. I think it was a joke the guys played on their fans.

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 3:49pm
dude?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 4:02pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 3:49pm:
dude?

I was just a little girl in the 70s but I remember the attitude of the time. The very idea of the Stones doing a disco song! Yeah.. it had to be a joke.

For my part, I didn't know that it was one of theirs until recently. I barely remembered the song at all and when I saw it listed on a Stones compilation cd I immediately thought, "Hmm, never heard that one." I remembered it when it started playing though. Mick sang half of it with that my-underwear-is way-too-tight voice that the Bee Gees popularized, while he talked through the other half in this sloooow, cheesy voiceover that sounded like he'd raided Keith's stash. Consequently, though I rather vaguely recall hearing it on the radio, I didn't know it was a Stones tune.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 5:22pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 4:02pm:
dude?

I was just a little girl in the 70s but I remember the attitude of the time. The very idea of the Stones doing a disco song! Yeah.. it had to be a joke.

For my part, I didn't know that it was one of theirs until recently. I barely remembered the song at all and when I saw it listed on a Stones compilation cd I immediately thought, "Hmm, never heard that one." I remembered it when it started playing though. Mick sang half of it with that my-underwear-is way-too-tight voice that the Bee Gees popularized, while he talked through the other half in this sloooow, cheesy voiceover that sounded like he'd raided Keith's stash. Consequently, though I rather vaguely recall hearing it on the radio, I didn't know it was a Stones tune.

#EmotionalRescueMatters
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2016 at 5:30pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:06am:
It's for those who don't use FB that this MB remains LOL... we have more visitors there and it's free, here we pay domain and hosting and the hosting is expensive

Anyway, thanks for all of you... we love you!

We love you too, Voo !   stu-smiling

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #32 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:35pm
Some Guy wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 5:22pm:
dude?

#EmotionalRescueMatters

Um, why? Is there something I don't know about this song? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything (oddly enough for me) but I'm curious.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #33 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:40pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:35pm:
dude?

#EmotionalRescueMatters

Um, why? Is there something I don't know about this song? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything (oddly enough for me) but I'm curious.

The HMERLAS frowns upon you.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2016 at 4:02pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #34 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:51pm
dude?

#EmotionalRescueMatters

ER is well thought of by a lot of people on this board. As a somewhat running joke. We ask newcomers how they feel about it. You're welcome to stay either way.  taylor made smile

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #35 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 12:00am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:51pm:
dude?

#EmotionalRescueMatters

ER is well thought of by a lot of people on this board. As a somewhat running joke. We ask newcomers how they feel about it. You're welcome to stay either way.  taylor made smile

I didn't say I didn't like it but it's hard to take the song seriously. I love the album, btw, but the title song makes me laugh.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #36 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Freya Gin wrote on Jan 13th, 2016 at 12:00am:

...I dunno. This seems to basically be a PG-rated board. I'm not PG. I'm not even PG-13 on a good day. I'm rated R most of the time and frequently NC-17. I'm hypersexed, kinky as hell, outspoken, opinionated and occasionally temperamental. On the plus side, I'm also straightforward and I don't play games with people. Age has not changed any of that about me yet and I seriously doubt that it ever will.

As to "Emotional Rescue," I could be completely wrong, of course. For all I know, that song was Mick & Keith's precious love child and they wept bitter tears to see it so maligned and mistreated by so many of their fans. But I just don't think so. I think record execs said something to them about disco and they decided to make that song disco as a joke on, well, everybody. But as I said, I could be wrong.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #37 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 12:04am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 8:03pm:
I refuse to use a Facebook account yet LOL

In fact I entered using my wife's account and she liked it

Tha facebook place will be only used to announce the news it is not a substitute of the message board, Gazza will explain more  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Facebook is a clever way of people keeping tabs on one another. Orwell would be nodding his head, and telling us 'I told you all so'.

WE are heading for a world wide Orwellian society, and that's not some paranoid, concpiracy , I agree with Voodoo, although his reasons for avoiding facebook are probably very different. Who the fuck cares about what happened to some nobody last Tuesday? Facebook, cell-phones, We've become slaves to technology. Thankyou bildebergers, Club Of Rome, and the rest of you fucking control freaks, thanx and up yours.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:59pm
The facebook page hit 10,000 'likes' a few days ago. Have to say that when we launched it in November 2011 we didnt expect it to take off as well as that, so thanks to everyone who has made that possible.

Here's today's clip. From this day in 2002, 45 minutes of the Licks tour  warm up show at the Palais Royale in Toronto. I think Nanky and Tom L were at this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizF-0uhF7k

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:00pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Seems like YT videos aren't embedding anymore.

Every browser I've tried just has a black box where the video would be.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 2:47pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 12:59pm:
The facebook page hit 10,000 'likes' a few days ago. Have to say that when we launched it in November 2011 we didnt expect it to take off as well as that, so thanks to everyone who has made that possible.

Here's today's clip. From this day in 2002, 45 minutes of the Licks tour  warm up show at the Palais Royale in Toronto. I think Nanky and Tom L were at this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizF-0uhF7k

It's just a click away, oh it's just a click away. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? You rock!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 7:34pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
Seems like YT videos aren't embedding anymore.

Every browser I've tried just has a black box where the video would be.

Yeah I wondered about that.

Voodoo?

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 7:55pm
The embedded videos are working for me in (32-bit) Firefox but not in (64-bit) Chromium. Why? Who knows?
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 7:57pm by Freya Gin »  

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:07pm
I dont know if its related, but YT has recently stopped supporting many devices...particularly older smart TVs and such...I am sure there are other various protocols and standards they may be dumping

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)