Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Anything Neil Young on RO... (Read 43,803 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Anything Neil Young on RO...
Reply #75 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:41am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 1:51pm:
Global Citizen Festival gig is being streamlined online from Central Park, starting at 1630 ET/2130 GMT

terrific line up!

Can be viewed here : http://www.globalfestival.com/

didnt get in till the black keys set. they were way over he top. tremendous pounding airtight garage pop blues rock. not a big foo fan(sorry scl) but they played a nice set though i'm still not gonna download any of their releases. got to give dave credit he said i could play all night but i want to hear neil young!!!and course mister young and his band just completely tore it up especially giant a literaly stomping track. a beautiful evening in the park the full moon made itself seen for a few minutes, no rain and not to crowded, though the crowd defiantely made me feel old. as was making my way out of the park i heard alot of comments but the one that made me a little misty eyed was from a twentyish girl who said something like "i love when those old guys play with more energy than the young bands"
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:44am by mojoman »  

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #76 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 7:08am
I saw he was on Letterman last week, so eagerly taped it. But all he did was talk. I was bummed. Then Aussie boy Guy Sebastian sang. Trouble was, Letterman didnt shake his hand or thank him. Bit rude i reckon!

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #77 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 1:28pm
mojoman wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 3:41am:
Gazza wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 1:51pm:
Global Citizen Festival gig is being streamlined online from Central Park, starting at 1630 ET/2130 GMT

terrific line up!

Can be viewed here : http://www.globalfestival.com/

didnt get in till the black keys set. they were way over he top. tremendous pounding airtight garage pop blues rock. not a big foo fan(sorry scl) but they played a nice set though i'm still not gonna download any of their releases. got to give dave credit he said i could play all night but i want to hear neil young!!!and course mister young and his band just completely tore it up especially giant a literaly stomping track. a beautiful evening in the park the full moon made itself seen for a few minutes, no rain and not to crowded, though the crowd defiantely made me feel old. as was making my way out of the park i heard alot of comments but the one that made me a little misty eyed was from a twentyish girl who said something like "i love when those old guys play with more energy than the young bands"

You should of seen Neil in Tahoe. You would have felt young. Crowd wise anyway. War horses couldn't drag me away

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #78 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:16pm
live on YouTube NOW from Austin City Limits

Go to Channel 02

http://www.youtube.com/aclfestival?feature=etp-pd-acl-43

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #79 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 4:46pm

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #80 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 6:47pm
Last night....soooo friggin' cooool!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2R_lrF7RYGg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #81 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 6:52pm

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:16pm
Reading his book, it's a bit disjointed but at least it doesn't feel ghostwritten, I hear his voice speaking it in my head while I read it.

Sat the tour out, would have paid for a GA floor if he did the arena thing and not the Hollywood Bowl.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #83 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Aussie/NZ dates :

Mar 2, 2013 - Perth Arena, Perth
Mar 5, 2013 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Mar 7, 2013 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
Mar 9, 2013 - A Day On The Green - Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley
Mar 10, 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
Mar 15, 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Mar 16, 2013 - A Day On The Green - The Hill Winery, Geelong
Mar 19, 2013 - TSB Bank Arena, Wellington
Mar 21, 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #84 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:33pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 8th, 2012 at 1:24pm:
Aussie/NZ dates :

Mar 2, 2013 - Perth Arena, Perth
Mar 5, 2013 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Mar 7, 2013 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
Mar 9, 2013 - A Day On The Green - Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley
Mar 10, 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
Mar 15, 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Mar 16, 2013 - A Day On The Green - The Hill Winery, Geelong
Mar 19, 2013 - TSB Bank Arena, Wellington
Mar 21, 2013 - Vector Arena, Auckland

Looks like that's the place to be next year. With Bruce and the Stones both rumoured to be going down under around the same time.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #85 - Nov 10th, 2012 at 9:04pm
I'm fucking broke!!!! Argh!!

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #86 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:42am
Happy Birthday Neil!!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #87 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 11:32am
Happy Birthday Shakey! You rock! Let's go get drunk........Rust Radio is palying Neil's Bridge school sets from over the years. http://www.rustradio.org/

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #88 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 2:22pm
See you in two weeks, Shakey!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #89 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 2:25pm
8 days...

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #90 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:13pm
Neil and Crazy Horse rocked Seattle Saturday night.
You rock!
Brainy

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #91 - Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:21am
Some Euro dates confirmed for next summer.

2.6.2013 - Berlin Waldbühne
10.6.2013 - Metro Arena, Newcastle
11.6.2013 - NEC, Birmingham
13.6.2013 - SECC, Glasgow
15.6.2013 - RDS Arena, Dublin
17.6.2013 - The O2, London

Tickets a not unreasonable £45 for UK and €60 for Dublin.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #92 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm
50 YEARS AGO – NEIL YOUNG PLAYS HIS FIRST PROFESSIONAL GIG
by Sterling Whitaker 10 hours ago

YouTube

Neil Young has enjoyed one of the most influential careers of any contemporary musician. His inimitable vocal and guitar styles and his sheer songwriting ability have earned him the respect of peers, critics and fans alike, but Young’s beginnings weren’t nearly as glorious. On Feb. 1, 1963, the 17-year-old aspiring musician reportedly went from the bedroom to the stage, playing his first professional gig at a country club in Winnipeg, as part of the group the Squires.

Born in 1945, by 1958 Young had already begun his musical journey, learning his chords on a ukelele his father had bought him. After his parents divorced, he settled with his mother in Winnipeg and formed his first band, the Jades, while a student there. That soon led to the Squires, who scored a local hit with a song titled ‘The Sultan.’

Young dropped out of high school and was soon working the folk club scene, where he first met Joni Mitchell. He also scored his first hit as a songwriter when the Guess Who took his song ‘Flying on the Ground is Wrong’ to the Top 40 in Canada. By 1966 Young was playing in a group called the Mynah Birds, which featured future ‘Super Freak’ star Rick James as its front man.

When that group disbanded, Young and its bass player, Bruce Palmer, decided to try their luck in Los Angeles — where Young later admitted he was living illegally until he got his green card in 1970. But that didn’t stop him and Palmer from joining with Stephen Stills, Ritchie Furay and Dewey Martin to form Buffalo Springfield, whose debut album in 1966 finally gave Young the commercial break he’d been looking for.

Once launched, Young never looked back, embarking on a celebrated solo career while also participating intermittently with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and working when the mood struck him with Crazy Horse. His musical restlessness has sometimes been nightmarish for record companies, but is also the main ingredient in a storied career driven by a singular, uncompromising musical vision.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-young-first-professional-gig/

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #93 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 8:00pm
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 1st, 2013 at 6:31pm:
50 YEARS AGO – NEIL YOUNG PLAYS HIS FIRST PROFESSIONAL GIG
by Sterling Whitaker 10 hours ago

YouTube

Neil Young has enjoyed one of the most influential careers of any contemporary musician. His inimitable vocal and guitar styles and his sheer songwriting ability have earned him the respect of peers, critics and fans alike, but Young’s beginnings weren’t nearly as glorious. On Feb. 1, 1963, the 17-year-old aspiring musician reportedly went from the bedroom to the stage, playing his first professional gig at a country club in Winnipeg, as part of the group the Squires.

Born in 1945, by 1958 Young had already begun his musical journey, learning his chords on a ukelele his father had bought him. After his parents divorced, he settled with his mother in Winnipeg and formed his first band, the Jades, while a student there. That soon led to the Squires, who scored a local hit with a song titled ‘The Sultan.’

Young dropped out of high school and was soon working the folk club scene, where he first met Joni Mitchell. He also scored his first hit as a songwriter when the Guess Who took his song ‘Flying on the Ground is Wrong’ to the Top 40 in Canada. By 1966 Young was playing in a group called the Mynah Birds, which featured future ‘Super Freak’ star Rick James as its front man.

When that group disbanded, Young and its bass player, Bruce Palmer, decided to try their luck in Los Angeles — where Young later admitted he was living illegally until he got his green card in 1970. But that didn’t stop him and Palmer from joining with Stephen Stills, Ritchie Furay and Dewey Martin to form Buffalo Springfield, whose debut album in 1966 finally gave Young the commercial break he’d been looking for.

Once launched, Young never looked back, embarking on a celebrated solo career while also participating intermittently with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and working when the mood struck him with Crazy Horse. His musical restlessness has sometimes been nightmarish for record companies, but is also the main ingredient in a storied career driven by a singular, uncompromising musical vision.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neil-young-first-professional-gig/

thanks for this!!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #94 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 2:20pm
Bad news about an accident with the Horse. Rest of the European dates have been cancelled. Hope it's not too serious.
http://www.relix.com/news/2013/08/08/neil-young-and-crazy-horse-cancel-european-...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #95 - Sep 21st, 2013 at 7:49pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #96 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Happy Birthday, Neil !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #97 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 2:48pm
happy birthday old man!!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #98 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 12:09pm
Happy Birthday Shakey.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #99 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 8:17pm
New Steve Jobs Bio Claims He Hated Neil Young

by Jeff Giles March 25, 2015 11:46 AM

David Paul Morris / Frazer Harrison, Getty Images

The public picture that’s been painted of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs is one of a brilliant entrepreneur with a distinctly ruthless streak, so it isn’t hard to imagine that he’d be annoyed by Neil Young‘s long crusade against the compressed audio that Apple’s iTunes store helped popularize.

According to the Daily Beast, that’s exactly what happened after Young went public with his distaste for lossy file formats. Quoting from the new biography Becoming Steve Jobs, which is written by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli, the Beast offers a peek into how Jobs reacted after Young referred to iTunes’ audio as “compromised.”

“F— Neil Young, and f— his records,” Jobs reportedly fumed, claiming he was angry because Young had the nerve to “pop off in public like that without coming to talk to us about his technical concerns first.”

To his credit, Young didn’t just grouse about 21st century audio. He labored over his long-discussed Archives series for years before settling on Blu-ray as his preferred hi-res media format for the first volume, released as a 10-disc set in the summer of 2009 — and then he went a step further, lending his backing and approval to a heavily hyped, Kickstarter-backed high definition player dubbed the Pono.

In fact, after Jobs’ death in October 2011, Young claimed that toward the end of Jobs’ life, the two had been working together on an Apple device that could have made the Pono unnecessary. “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music, but when he went home he listened to vinyl,” said Young. “I have to believe if he’d lived long enough, he would have tried to do what I’m trying to do.”

Read More: New Steve Jobs Bio Claims He Hated Neil Young | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve-jobs-hated-neil-young/?utm_source=sailthru&...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)