Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Keith and Jack! (Read 66,415 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Re: Keith and Jack!
Reply #75 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 3:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #76 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 4:37pm
Fast-forward to today and all you see on stage are bottles of imported Icelandic spring water.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #77 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 7:50pm

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #78 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:11am

No need to lick it to enlarge it, here's the big one

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #79 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 11:03pm
Wow! Look what I found!

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #80 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 6:51pm
An image responsible for the corruption of hundreds of guitarists.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #81 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 7:24pm
what happened to the drinking thread?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #82 - Sep 16th, 2017 at 10:19pm
mojoman wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 7:24pm:
what happened to the drinking thread?

It got drunk?  Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #83 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:16am

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #84 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 12:20am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #85 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 12:42pm
Above picture is Keith drinking in the morning (JFK Airport NYC) 1980 after the Emotional Rescue party

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #86 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 12:43pm
THANKS IRINA!!!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #87 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 2:42pm
Did someone look back through this thread? I can't believe we didn't find it already.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #88 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 8:52pm
One suspects it was in fact merely some dark tea, from the Nunan Province, siphoned into his bottle of Jumping Slack Jack.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #89 - Mar 19th, 2019 at 6:35pm
Keith with Liz Taylor 1980

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #90 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 10:01am
Keith and Wild Turkey

That time I served Wild Turkey to Keith Richards on a riverboat in New Orleans
Updated 8:51 AM; Today 8:10 AM
By Doug MacCash, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune

I can’t remember what brand of bourbon whiskey Keith Richards ordered, but we didn’t stock it. So the bartender told me to go ask Mr. Richards if Wild Turkey would do. Mr. Richards said it would be fine. So I served the god of cool a Wild Turkey on the rocks. By doing so, I instantly became cooler for all time to come. That’s the way it works. That, I’m sure of.

I’m not sure of anything else, because the whole experience has leaked through the sieve that is my long-term memory. I’m 62. What I’m going to recall took place in, like, 1980. I don’t remember the year exactly and I’m not going to look it up. I’m not going to look anything up.

At the time I was a 23- or 24-year-old rookie waiter on the Riverboat President, an ancient sidewheeler that had been converted into a cruising nightclub. It docked at the Spanish Plaza. Ask anyone: In that era it was the center of the universe. The Rolling Stones had naturally chosen it as the location for their tour party.

Here’s what I remember. Correct me if I’m wrong. The Nevilles provided the entertainment, along with a Mardi Gras Indian group. And maybe Stephen Stills too. Maybe. In recognition of my almost complete lack of experience waiting tables, I had been assigned to a bar on the mezzanine, an out-of-the-way spot.

Between dispensing cocktails, emptying ash trays, wiping tables and straightening my black bowtie, I looked over the railing onto the dance floor, trying to spot Stones. As I recall, I picked Ronnie and Charlie out of the crowd. I pined to lay eyes on them all, but mostly Keith of course. Keith of the landmark riffs, the bemused leer, the legendary addictions, the endless dalliances with the law and death. Oh Keith, my Keith.

Suddenly a conspicuously muscular man appeared on the mezzanine. He had the nervous demeanor of a bodyguard who’d lost track of the person he was meant to protect. The muscular man used both powerful hands to grasp one of the steel poles that supported the deck above and vaulted into a gravity-defying horizontal pose like Superman in flight. Am I making this up? I don’t think so. Not entirely.

Having gotten everyone’s attention, the bodyguard bounced back to the floor and asked if we had seen Mr. Richards. Before anyone could answer, Mr. Richards himself strolled into our midst. Magnificent Mr. Richards. He was absolutely everything I wanted him to be. He wore suede pixie boots. He was tilted slightly to one side like a palm tree in the wind. His skin was the color of concrete. I stared right at him like an star-struck imbecile, without the slightest sense of professional decorum.

Keith wore a black or dark green fedora. With the impressionability of youth, I bought a similar hat within a week and began wearing it everywhere, even to my day job at the hobby shop. In that hat I was exactly like Keith. Though I’d chosen a brown fedora to express my individuality. Looking back, I’m surprised I didn’t start lining my eyes with kohl.

Keith was accompanied by a lithe woman with long blondish hair. When she attempted to drift away down one of the staircases, he dramatically snatched her trailing locks as if he couldn’t bear to see her go. But she tugged free and continued anyway.

Keith melted into a chair at a rail-side table. I think Deacon John might have been sitting there too, though I’m unsure because I was just learning the pantheon of New Orleans musicians, having only arrived from Missouri in 1978. As I already said, Keith ordered some sort of bourbon that we didn’t have. I wonder if he remembers.

I later saw the Stones perform at the Superdome. As Mick skipped along the edge of the stage and the runways, Keith mostly squatted with his guitar like a baseball catcher behind the plate, undemonstrably leading the team.

On May 2, the Stones will headline the second Thursday of the 50th anniversary New Orleans Jazz and Heritage festival. In January, I waited overnight in the cold, with a few thousand other fans, for a chance to buy a couple of tickets. I couldn’t miss it. Oh Keith, my Keith, after all these years.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #91 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 8:12am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #92 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:22pm
With special guest, Ronnie and Jack

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #93 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 6:42pm
Keith Richards at Knebworth Pop Festival for a special appearance with fellow Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, August 12, 1979. (Photo by Mirrorpix/Mirrorpix via Getty Images)

Thanks again andews27

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #94 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:37am
Hey!

This ain't no "Ronnie & Jack" thread!!!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #95 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:45am
LOL Starbuck... I know that's why I said "With special guest, Ronnie and Jack"

Wanna see another guest? Voodoo and Jack  Shocked

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #96 - Nov 9th, 2019 at 6:39pm
Here's Joey and Jack!!! Joey?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #97 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 6:12pm
Emotional Rescue, press conference and promo party, Danceteria, New York, June 26, 1980 © Gary Gershoff

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #98 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 2:00pm

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #99 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 5:01pm
Starbuck wrote on Sep 22nd, 2012 at 12:48pm:
uncleson wrote on Sep 21st, 2012 at 4:32pm:

sonny, this was riffy's original signature pic at www.maxlugar.com, the illustrious board that hosted "kinks" week lo these many years ago....

meanwhile, back to the matter at hand:

Same pic in better quality and size

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)