Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Van Halen in the studio with Roth (Read 292,655 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Re: Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Reply #25 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:56am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
i'm buying stock in taco bell, hair weaves and crystal meth..........

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #26 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 11:01am
mojoman wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:56am:

Again? stu watching how stupid we are LOL

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #27 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 11:03am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 11:01am:
mojoman wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:56am:

Again? stu watching how stupid we are LOL

with wolfie, roth and eddy possibly hittin the road those stocks are goin to go thru the roof tater!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #28 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 3:39pm
look at all the people here tonight

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #29 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:27pm
You'll get some leg tonight for sure..........

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #30 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 5:07am
mojoman wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 4:27pm:
You'll get some leg tonight for sure..........

From Metal Underground.com:

With the long awaited Van Halen (with David Lee Roth) follow up to 1984 due out next year (and one would expect a world tour) this week we take a look at the classic David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar debate with a closing thought on how the pending album may affect this age old discussion.

THE VAN HALEN YEARS
David Lee Roth was with VH for their first six albums. Roth started with the VH brothers as mostly a cover band that grew into a sound that complimented Roth’s raspy voice with Eddie’s guitar. Van Halen I and II (the first two albums) are classics. Fair Warning, Women and Children First, and Diver Down would continue to build on the success of the first two albums, making VH a critical and popular success story. However, it was the album 1984 (and the #1 single Jump) that would catapult the band as one of the top in the world. Along with videos showcasing the party hardy attitude, several songs were hits and are still in radio rotation today. This was the last album with Roth at the helm. Soon after the VH brothers would recruit Sammy Hagar and put out albums 5150, OU812, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, and Balance. Musically the band was stronger with Hagar, leading to even more albums sold; however, the more mainstream sound and commercial success also led to over play of their music in commercials and more commercials.
VERDICT: David Lee Roth wins slightly. My opinion is that the music from the Roth years actual holds up better today than the Hagar years.

LOOK AND ATTITUDE
David Lee Roth was/is obnoxious and a show boat. Roth created a template (partly inspired by others) on how to be a rock star front man. Sammy Hagar, no light weight himself in the rock star department, couldn’t help but come across as more of a hard hat/lunch pail musician following Roth.
VERDICT: David Lee Roth takes the edge here. Without Roth there is no Vince Neil, no Bret Michaels. Okay, let’s call this one a draw.

THE INTANGIBLES (from videos)
Sammy Hagar wore Zubaz pants often in the early Van Hagar videos. Roth was an on-stage ninja.
VERDICT: There are no winners here.

MUSIC CAREER W/O VAN HALEN
David Lee Roth had major success with the EP Crazy From The Heat and albums Eat’em and Smile and Skyscraper. After these initial solo releases, a significant drop off, often left trying to put out albums unoriginal and lacking the superstar attitude that made Dave famous. Sammy Hagar was already a success as a solo artist prior to VH, creating the greatest driving song of all time: I Can’t Drive 55. After VH Hagar would continue making tequila inspired music and then form super group Chickenfoot to much success.
VERDICT: Sammy Hagar is the clear winner here.

NICKNAMES
Sammy Hagar: The Red Rocker, David Lee Roth: Diamond Dave
VERDICT: Diamonds are forever.

OTHER INTERESTS
Taking a break from his solo career, Roth became a paramedic, Vegas lounge singer, and the next (albeit briefly) heir apparent to Howard Stern. Recently DLR has released some of his artwork he painted over the years. Sammy Hagar’s interests include Tequila, owner of Cabo Wabo Cantinas, and Tequila.
VERDICT: Sammy Hagar, by a swig.

OVERALL
Over a decade ago there were many Sammy Hagar supporters, in my bar room discussions, more were fans of Sammy with VH than David Lee Roth. It was always close, it’s like picking John Stamos or Bob Saget, it’s really preference of style. Over time there has been a shift due to the original six Van Halen albums, aging like fine wine while the Hagar VH albums, well, continue to remind us (at least me) of Pepsi and Buick automobiles. To me, this is the interesting point. With the pending album David Lee Roth is putting his Van Halen legacy on the line. Should the album be a success it will cement him as the true front man of Van Halen, if it flops, then we may have another twenty years of Roth vs. Hagar, the same way we still have the Uncle Jessie vs. Danny Tanner debates.
VERDICT: David Lee Roth (so far)

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #31 - Aug 23rd, 2010 at 11:41am
"Bullethead.com" reports that Van Halen is, in fact, working with David Lee Roth in the studio, with work set to be finished by late Autumn.

"We know there has been speculation, " admits Edward Van Halen, "and rumors, and yes, we are presently working with David at 5150.
The work in the studio is going well, thus far.
Initially, we wanted to hire an outside company, but with Roth's carpentry skills & my own stint in wood shop back in JUnior High, we've been able to plan out the addition to the drum room.
David has knocked out the adjacent wall, and tomorrow we start sawing & hammering.
We also have plans to re-do the studio bathroom, once work is completed.

This is a very cool Roth solo song- live in front of your naked steaming ears- Roth on!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6joicKPa64?hl=en_US

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2010 at 2:29pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #32 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 12:15pm
Jeff Berlin’s resume reads like the who’s who of the higher echelon of music artists. Jeff Berlin was even asked to join Van Halen, an invitation that he actually turned down. “Eddie Van Halen was a fan of the band that I played in with Bill Bruford,” Berlin recalls. “We met and started to hang out and jam together. He was a sweet terrific guy. One day he saw me play a gig with my group and then asked me if I would like to join Van Halen. After this, we rehearsed at David Lee Roth’s house a couple of times. Ultimately, I said no to his gracious offer because when you join a band, you join the entirety of it, the life philosophy of its members and also the habits that they may be involved with. I felt that, in terms of activities and attitudes, I didn’t mesh with their vision of things. I didn’t wish to be mercenary and just take the job for money because it wouldn’t be fair to the band members. So, I just said no to the offer.”

http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2010...ease-new-cd-2/

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #33 - Aug 29th, 2010 at 7:44pm
Vai had talked with Roth (and his current relationship with existing Van Halen members) and that (Roth) stated that the forthcoming album with his old bandmantes would either be called "Mammoth" (Wolfgang VanHalen's suggestion) or "Krakatoa Sunrise". Roth is pursuing the latter as he said, "When you wake up to the new (Van Halen) album, it's going to be the biggest sound you ever heard in your life."

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #34 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:00pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #35 - Sep 6th, 2010 at 3:32am
post at roth army by dlyle

I just met David Lee Roth!!!!!
So I've been a long time fan of David Lee and Van Halen. Today while at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton (in California) I walked by where they had sheep dogs herding sheep. As I walk by these four guys sitting in chairs I hear a familiar voice. Now we all know that nobody else sounds like Dave. I turn and look and sure enough it looks like Dave too. He's wearing a hat, cargo pants, and a San Francisco Caledonian Club tee shirt. He's clearly in great shape as I can see the veins in his neck and arms. He must have like zero body fat. As I walk away I tell my wife that I think I just saw Diamond Dave. She saw him too but says there's no way he would be here at the Scottish games. We walk away and move on to other events at the games but it's killing me cause I know it's him.

A couple of hours go by and it hits me.....they had a board that had all the names of all the dogs and their owners. I decided to run back and look. There it was on the whiteboard down towards the bottom...Dave Roth. I walk back over and he's still in the same chair. I can't not say anything so I say "excuse me is your name Dave?" The man replies "Yes it is." I then ask him "Is it David Lee Roth?" and he says "well, yes it is." I couldn't believe it! How was he not being mobbed by a thousand people? I asked him a couple more questions. I also tell him I knew it was him from his voice and he says "ah yes, the rusty pipes." I tell him how I grew up listening to him and Van Halen and that it killed me living so many years with false rumors of him getting back with VH. I then asked him if they were doing anything more and he said in the next 7-8 months we'd be hearing from them. I asked for a picture and then shook his hand. He was very nice to me. He asked me where I was from etc. I couldn't believe it! I just met THE David Lee Roth. I wanted to scream and tell everybody. How could all these peaople not know he was there???? I left with a huge smile on my face.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2010 at 3:35am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #36 - Sep 6th, 2010 at 8:19am
Dude has the same haircut as Roth.  Righteous.

On the comparison post, "Hagar the Horrible" was inadvertently left out of the nicknames.

Also the fact that Roth won hands-down the ass-less chaps competition.

"We'll call it a draw. "
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2010 at 8:20am by Zack »  

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #37 - Sep 6th, 2010 at 11:30am
Some Guy wrote on Sep 6th, 2010 at 3:32am:
post at roth army by dlyle

I just met David Lee Roth!!!!!
So I've been a long time fan of David Lee and Van Halen. Today while at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton (in California) I walked by where they had sheep dogs herding sheep. As I walk by these four guys sitting in chairs I hear a familiar voice. Now we all know that nobody else sounds like Dave. I turn and look and sure enough it looks like Dave too. He's wearing a hat, cargo pants, and a San Francisco Caledonian Club tee shirt. He's clearly in great shape as I can see the veins in his neck and arms. He must have like zero body fat. As I walk away I tell my wife that I think I just saw Diamond Dave. She saw him too but says there's no way he would be here at the Scottish games. We walk away and move on to other events at the games but it's killing me cause I know it's him.

A couple of hours go by and it hits me.....they had a board that had all the names of all the dogs and their owners. I decided to run back and look. There it was on the whiteboard down towards the bottom...Dave Roth. I walk back over and he's still in the same chair. I can't not say anything so I say "excuse me is your name Dave?" The man replies "Yes it is." I then ask him "Is it David Lee Roth?" and he says "well, yes it is." I couldn't believe it! How was he not being mobbed by a thousand people? I asked him a couple more questions. I also tell him I knew it was him from his voice and he says "ah yes, the rusty pipes." I tell him how I grew up listening to him and Van Halen and that it killed me living so many years with false rumors of him getting back with VH. I then asked him if they were doing anything more and he said in the next 7-8 months we'd be hearing from them. I asked for a picture and then shook his hand. He was very nice to me. He asked me where I was from etc. I couldn't believe it! I just met THE David Lee Roth. I wanted to scream and tell everybody. How could all these peaople not know he was there???? I left with a huge smile on my face.

Good story. But I'll bet Dave was just dying for someone to recognize him. Ouch!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #38 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:38am
This past Sunday, Sept 5th, I was at the 145th annual Scottish Gathering & Games in Pleasanton, California.  What does this story have to do with David Lee Roth and Van Halen? Stay tuned and I’ll tell you.

For those that don’t know, the annual Scottish Gathering & Games include pipe band competitions and performances, Highland Dancing competitions, athletics (Heavy Events), Scottish food and drink, vendors of Scottish mementos, and audience members dressed in kilts and traditional clothing. I was there with my dad, wife, and my 20 month old son. We were there to see some of the Heavy Events and also to show off my son’s new kilt that my mom had made. After walking around for a while we decided to go see some of the Sheepdog trials and also take a look at the Clydesdale horses.

As I walked by the Sheepdog trial area I see four guys sitting in those little fold up chairs. The place is mostly empty because the Sheepdog trials start at 1pm but it’s only around noon. As we walk by the four guys I notice a voice.  Surprisingly, this voice sounds familiar. It’s a voice that, as soon as I heard it, instantly brought back countless great memories: Parties. High School. Girls. The best Rock ‘n’ Roll I’ve ever heard. It’s a voice that makes me smile inside when I hear it. It sounds just like the voice of David Lee Roth.

I thought, “That’s strange, one of those guys over there sounds exactly like David Lee Roth.”  But then I realized that no one sounds just like Dave! Only Dave.

So I turn and look at to see what the guy looks like. Sure enough, he looks like Dave, too. He has a dark goatee and is wearing a hat, sunglasses, cargo pants, a San Francisco Caledonian Club tee shirt, and what look like wool socks. I find this interesting because it’s ninety something degrees out. Sitting next to the chairs is a dog so I assume these guys are competing in the Sheepdog trials. This guy that looks like Dave is clearly in great shape as I can see the veins in his neck and arms. He must have like zero body fat. I usually wouldn’t remember so many details but I’m checking this guy out pretty closely to see if it really is the one and only Diamond Dave.

As we walk away I tell my wife that I think I just saw David Lee Roth. She saw him too but says there’s no way he would be here at the Scottish games, let alone a Sheep herding competition! I’m always saying how people I see look like certain celebrities and she assumes it’s just me doing that again. We walk away and move on to see the Clydesdale horses and other events. It’s killing me because I know it’s him.

A couple of hours go by and I’m still thinking about the guy that looks like Dave. We’re just about to leave and I’m thinking I can’t leave until I know for sure. Suddenly it hits me….they had a board with all the names of all the dogs and their owners. I decided to run back and take a look. I had my doubts because even if it was Dave he’d probably use an alias. As I look on the whiteboard I instantly see something down at the bottom that catches my eye…. “Dave Roth.” My heart stopped. It can’t be!

I look over and he’s still in the same chair. I go over and stand in front of the Dodge truck that they four guys are sitting next to. In my mind I’m thinking this can’t be real. I’m getting nervous because I have to do something.

While I’m standing there I can hear the guy talking with the other three guys about the dogs and their owners who are competing. “Call your Dog” he says. “You need to call your dog.” Right after he says that the person in the ring calls their dog. Wow, this guys knows his sheepdog stuff. While he’s talking I’m even more convinced that it really is DLR. I take my camera out.. maybe I’ll sneak a picture of him. I don’t want to sneak a picture….he’d probably see me anyway. I keep turning to look at him. By now he must be aware that I’m just on the other side of the truck, only 6 feet away. I’m thinking that this just can’t really be happening. If it were Dave wouldn’t he be surrounded by a ton of fans?

I’ve now lingered for a few minutes so I decide I have to find out for sure if it is him.  I turn to my left and I walk a couple steps towards the men in the chairs. I say, “Excuse me is your name Dave?” The man replies, “Yes it is.” “Holy crap!” I’m thinking!  I then ask him, “Is it David Lee Roth?” and he says, “Well, yes it is.” I couldn’t believe it! How was he not being mobbed by a thousand people? How could it be that I’m the only one that recognizes him?

I asked him a couple more questions. He asks where I’m from. I tell him I’m from Morgan Hill, about 45 minutes south of Pleasanton. I also tell him I knew it was him from his voice and he says, “Ah yes, the rusty pipes.” I tell him how I grew up listening to him and Van Halen and that it killed me living so many years with false hopes of him getting back with Van Halen. I then asked him if he was still with VH and if they were doing anything more. He gave me a knowing smile and said, “You’ll be hearing from us in the next 7-8 months”. He seemed very sincere… almost like it was a promise.

I said something about how much it meant to me that they toured a couple years ago and that Van Halen was the soundtrack to my youth. He seemed to genuinely appreciate what I was telling him and he said something like, “It’s nice of you to say that… I appreciate hearing things like that.”

I said that I didn’t want to take too much of his time but asked him if he would mind taking a picture with me.  Dave asked the guy sitting next to him to take the picture. Dave stood up and I stood next to him. I got my camera back and thanked Dave for the picture. He asked me to double check that the picture came out okay. I turned the camera back on and looked at the picture. I told Dave that it looked great although it looked like a mug shot of me. I shook his hand and thanked him and walked away.

As I walked away I was giddy. I couldn’t believe it! I just met THE David Lee Roth! And he was very nice to me. I was amazed at how good he looked. I thought he would have been a little taller though. I’m 5’11″ and he looks a little shorter than me. I wanted to scream and tell everybody. How could all these people not know he was there????

I left the event with a huge smile on my face. As we drove home I could not think of anything but what had just happened. I tell my dad that DLR is the equivalent to Paul McCartney of my generation. That may be a stretch to some, but not to me. My wife tried talking to me in the car but I had to tell her that I just couldn’t focus on anything else as I was still in a blur from what had just happened.

It’s weird meeting someone as big and famous as Dave. I wanted to respect his privacy so I only talked to him for a short while. There were so many more things I could have said and asked. What was his personal favorite song? How did he get in to Sheepdog herding? I also wish I could have told him a little more about what it meant to me having VH get back together with Dave.

When I think of my past, the soundtrack playing is Van Halen. I can remember a ninth grade canoe trip that my math teacher Mr. Myers took me and three other students on. For some reason he was letting the ninth grade students drive his old beat up Buick station wagon. I vividly remember cruising down the back roads near the American River near Sacramento with Van Halen Diver Down blaring on the cassette player.  The only interruption was the occasional command to slow down from Mr. Myers. When I was in high school my best friend and I wore out his cassette of 1984. I’m very thankful that I had the luck to meet David Lee Roth.  Dave getting back with Van Halen was like a link to my past had just been reestablished.  That’s a pretty cool feeling.

I can’t help but wonder if maybe I’ll see him again next year with Van Halen on tour. Thank you, Dave!

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #39 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 4:58pm

Van Halen May Tour in 2011
Irving Azoff reveals Van Halen will embark on a trek next year

4 COMMENTS
     COMMENT
     15 LIKES
     Like This
     0 SHARES
     177Share

* Print

* Share :
    * Twitter
    * Mail

Kevin Mazur/WireImage
By  Daniel Kreps
Oct 05, 2010 4:10 PM EDT

Van Halen will return to the road in 2011 — or so said Live Nation Ticketmaster chairman Irving Azoff, in a meeting with analysts meant to show that the outlook for next year's concert circuit will brighten. Van Halen, with David Lee Roth, last toured together in June 2008. According to USA Today , Azoff, who is also Van Halen's manager, named Van Halen, Christina Aguilera, Fleetwood Mac and the cast of Glee as some of the artists that are expected to pack stadium and arenas when they embark on tours next year. Van Halen's 2008 tour grossed $93 million for Live Nation.

Front Row at the Hottest Live Shows

This isn't the first time Azoff has promised of a Van Halen tour: In September 2009, at another Q&A session, he mentioned that Van Halen were planning to tour in 2010, but that never came to fruition. Van Halen has long been rumored to be working on a new studio album, their first with Roth since 1984, but Eddie's wife Janie Van Halen told Rolling Stone in June that, "What is going around is exactly that, rumors."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/215655

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #40 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 6:20am
Is Michael Anthony recording with Van Halen? Has anybody heard this?

I was listening to our local classic rock station, 104.5 KZEP, and the DJ said Michael Anthony will not be attending Sammy’s birthday bash in Cabo because he was in the studio with Van Halen recording a new album.

I shitted my pants! So I called him and he said they really were in the studio recording a new album. I know by posting here that they ARE recoding a new album, but I didn’t know it was with my man, Mike.

I hope the hell this is true!!

-
Roth Army
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 6:43am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #41 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:16am
Zack wrote on Sep 6th, 2010 at 8:19am:
Dude has the same haircut as Roth.  Righteous.

On the comparison post, "Hagar the Horrible" was inadvertently left out of the nicknames.

Also the fact that Roth won hands-down the ass-less chaps competition.

"We'll call it a draw. "

POST OF THE DECADE ! WE ARE NOT WORTHY !

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #42 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:52am
"Today while at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton (in California) I walked by where they had sheep dogs herding sheep."

You are much loved by the nanky....

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #43 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 3:45pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #44 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:48pm
" Is Michael Anthony recording with Van Halen? Has anybody heard this?  "

<  ------- I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY  drop a friggin log !

Oh , Little Fella ( Lil' Fijikins   ... Little Fiji    .. Lil' Feej )

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #45 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 7:08pm
Some Guy wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 3:45pm:

Funny!

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #46 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 9:08am
" I just met David Lee Roth!!!!!   "

This IS very cool !!!!!!!!  .... VH rocked the QWEST CENTER as few years ago ( even with $ 185.00 ticky prices ) .

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins    

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #47 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 9:39pm
Steve Gorman, longtime drummer for the 'Crowes has a Q&A blog. The following was a recent entry.

Hi Steve,

I guess we’ve all been dodging this question for a long time. But sometime, someone, somewhere was always going to have to broach the dreaded question. So brace yourself, here it comes…

Van Halen….

Diamond Dave or Sammy Hagar?

Which hairy vocalist is your preference?

Before you begin wrestling with that bad boy, kudos on 20 years of cosmic freak ‘n roll, and I hope the tour and the hiatus are everything you wish them to be.

Alistair

Alistair

Dave or Sammy? Come on, man, that’s a landslide. Diamond Dave by a mile.

We met Dave back in the day, and I can assure you – he was EXACTLY what I was hoping he would be. Shithouse crazy, hilariously fun, and an absolute rock star 24/7.

Look, I am not saying that I wanted to hang with Dave long term, and now that I think about it, there was a nasty episode once where he found himself facing a beatdown from all five member of The Black Crowes (true story) that was only staved off by bodyguard intervention (his) but still, all in all, Dave ruled.

And, as long as we’re on the subject, it should be noted that my favorite Alex Van Halen period is what I call the “neckbrace years”. What the hell was that all about, anyway?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #48 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:48pm
" DLR is the equivalent to Paul McCartney of my generation.   "

... !!!!!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #49 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:38pm
vh-1 classic & MelodiCrock.com reporting vh album in january
"JMJ" from vhlinks post this :

vh-1 classic has just reported a new van halen album due out in january with roth at the helm...to be titled "BOLD".

tour to follow

Reports filter through that a new Van Halen album, with David Lee Roth on vocals, is almost finished.

The spandexed ham David Lee Roth reunited with the band in 2006 for a world tour and he and the Van Halens have been working together in the studio for the first time in 16 years.

The band is more of a family affair than ever, with Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen taking over bass duties since the reunion.

Now reports have appeared that the notoriously fractious band are well on the way to completing work on their first studio album together since 1984's 1984.

MelodicRock.com revealed that the album will be released in early 2011 with a single to emerge before the end of the year.

This follows a May Glide Magazine interview where Dweezil Zappa mentioned that Eddie had played him new Van Halen material and a radio interview in the same month where former Lee Roth guitarist John 5 confirmed that Eddie is 'on fire right now.'

We remain forever hopeful that Eddie and Dave don't kill each other before they finish.

Music News.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)