Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Van Halen in the studio with Roth (Read 292,627 times)
Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Aug 10th, 2010 at 3:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/08/van-halen-reu...

Ready to rock? Van Halen is planning a comeback.

The band is back in the studio with original singer David Lee Roth, with an album slated for next year.

(Gawker notes they can't possibly fit into those old Spandex outfits and deems the reunion "totally unnecessary." Agree?)

Although the band hasn't officially announced the news, the group's publishing company spilled the beans in a recent press release, saying a deal with Eddie and Alex Van Halen had been renewed. The end of the notice confirmed: "The group is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

Posted for Some Guy.  Wink Kinda looking forward to this, actually.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2013 at 5:44pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 3:56pm
Some Guy is now so excited he won't be able to walk straight for a week. Cheesy

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 4:11pm
Is this for real? That's alot of crow for EVH to eat......
I don't care about the spandex, DLR's humor and wit showed in his lyrics and made Van Halen so much more than just another pop-metal band.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 5:08pm
I saw recently a DVD "Van Halen The Early years" documentary covers them up to Dave quitting the band to start his solo career after 1984 album came out, & then the band pissed off at him, I think he's a different person today, but as a frontman he made the band happen too, kind of wish they would bring Michael A. back, he wasn't just a Bass player, a lot of that high pitched vocals came from him, harmony ones anyway, when their first album came out in '78, there wasn't quite another band like that around at the time, the brown sound as it was called.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:10pm
will this bring sway back?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:32pm
" will this bring sway back ? "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 8:05pm
And news is all over Australian media about a first quarter album release and tour: "Van Halen are hotly tipped to be doing a tour of Australia next year. And we're talking the 'real' Van Halen including the jumping David Lee Roth on vocals and six-string god Eddie Van Halen. Our music reporter Nui Te Koha gave us the rocking news this morning. "Big, big rumour. Van Halen with David Lee Roth, early next year." The band's new album due out in March next year is their first with singer David Lee Roth in 25 years and "the tour will follow shortly after that".
Eddie Van Halen told US Rolling Stone last year that his band's reunion tour through America in 2008 was a massive success. They played 74 shows and the tour ended up making $US93 million. "We are a band,” said Eddie Van Halen. “We had a lot of fun – Dave was a blast. I'm looking forward to getting on it."
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2010 at 9:15pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #7 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:22am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 8:05pm:
And news is all over Australian media about a first quarter album release and tour: "Van Halen are hotly tipped to be doing a tour of Australia next year. And we're talking the 'real' Van Halen including the jumping David Lee Roth on vocals and six-string god Eddie Van Halen. Our music reporter Nui Te Koha gave us the rocking news this morning. "Big, big rumour. Van Halen with David Lee Roth, early next year." The band's new album due out in March next year is their first with singer David Lee Roth in 25 years and "the tour will follow shortly after that".
Eddie Van Halen told US Rolling Stone last year that his band's reunion tour through America in 2008 was a massive success. They played 74 shows and the tour ended up making $US93 million. "We are a band,” said Eddie Van Halen. “We had a lot of fun – Dave was a blast. I'm looking forward to getting on it."

Van Wallaby!!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:32am
young wolfgang needs to get on a diet plan asap.

images_006.jpeg (10 KB | )
images_006.jpeg

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:02pm
It's coming hard and fast... look for VH to play the Super Bowl.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 5:16pm
" It's coming hard and fast... look for VH to play the Super Bowl "

At Cowboys Stadium this February ... ?!  ... !!!!!

Hah !!!!

Then again ................................................................................

Joey " Jerry " Jones ! ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 6:00pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:02pm:

Badfingerbanger is rumored to be playing this gig...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 11:33pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:02pm:

I don't give a fuck what crap ass rock & roll band plays the Super Bowl....As long as the Cowboys aren't in it.. Interesting stuff Ronnie!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 9:41am
We must be the dumbest bastards in the world to still be clinging to these fuck ups. Roth is a fag, Eddie is a neurotic control freak, Alex looks as frail Mick Mars of Motley Crue, and Wolfgang is the epitome of our cultural youth--a fat fuck up. For us to spend anymore time waiting for these people to shit out some lame tunes is a pathetic commentary on our lives.- VH board

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 6:34pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 9:41am:
We must be the dumbest bastards in the world to still be clinging to these fuck ups. Roth is a fag, Eddie is a neurotic control freak, Alex looks as frail Mick Mars of Motley Crue, and Wolfgang is the epitome of our cultural youth--a fat fuck up. For us to spend anymore time waiting for these people to shit out some lame tunes is a pathetic commentary on our lives.- VH board

did Saint Schway post that?

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 7:14pm
mojoman wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 6:34pm:

did Saint Schway post that?

fingerbanging baby!!!

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #16 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 8:54am

That's gospel, right there.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #17 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 12:28pm
FUCK THAT ! I'LL BE THERE,BABY..LIVE ,THEY MAKE THE STONES SOUND LIKE ABBA. stu watching how stupid we are LOL

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #18 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 6:25pm
BILL PERKS wrote on Aug 13th, 2010 at 12:28pm:
FUCK THAT ! I'LL BE THERE,BABY..LIVE ,THEY MAKE THE STONES SOUND LIKE ABBA. stu watching how stupid we are LOL

lighten up PERKS.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #19 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 2:35am
Heart Of Stone wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 5:08pm:
I saw recently a DVD "Van Halen The Early years" documentary covers them up to Dave quitting the band to start his solo career after 1984 album came out, & then the band pissed off at him, I think he's a different person today, but as a frontman he made the band happen too, kind of wish they would bring Michael A. back, he wasn't just a Bass player, a lot of that high pitched vocals came from him, harmony ones anyway, when their first album came out in '78, there wasn't quite another band like that around at the time, the brown sound as it was called.

I agree. Certainly Mike A. got on everyone's nerves ... but as you stated he was a good bass player and his high pitched back ground vox lent to the VH sound. Too bad their time has passed.

*Maybe they should bring back Gary Cherone ... (alright naturally that's a joke... but I will give him credit. He left VH because he realized it just wasn't him. He was real with it after giving it a go. He is a good front man ...but yes ... he can get on your nerves as well...).

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #20 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 8:50pm
Ian Billen wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 at 2:35am:
Heart Of Stone wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 5:08pm:

I agree. Certainly Mike A. got on everyone's nerves ... but as you stated he was a good bass player and his high pitched back ground vox lent to the VH sound. Too bad their time has passed.

*Maybe they should bring back Gary Cherone ... (alright naturally that's a joke... but I will give him credit. He left VH because he realized it just wasn't him. He was real with it after giving it a go. He is a good front man ...but yes ... he can get on your nerves as well...).

Ian

this post is very disturbing.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #21 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:07am
Apparently Van Halen is planning on releasing their first new album in over a decade next year. That is not all though, David Lee Roth, who has not appeared on a full Van Halen album since 1984, is in the studio recording with them. So, in recognition of this fairly exciting development, here are five things you didn’t know about David Lee Roth.

1) The 1983 Rolling Stone Record Guide Vol 2. described Roth as “the most obnoxious singer in human history, an achievement notable in the face of long tradition and heavy competition.”

2) Roth was ranked by Hit Parader nineteenth on their list of the 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Singers of All Time.

3) The infamous “Brown M&Ms” clause written into Van Halen’s early contract riders was included in contracts not because of ego, but rather to make sure that structural stage specifications in the contract were read thoroughly and were adequately provided.

4) In January 1991, Roth released A Little Ain’t Enough. The stage show for the accompanying tour featured two devil statues that urinated whiskey at Roth’s audience and a pair of giant inflatable legs positioned “spread-eagle” wearing ripped, fishnet stockings.

5) In April 1993, Roth was arrested in New York City’s Washington Square Park for buying what he described as “$10 worth of Jamaican bunk reefer” from an undercover police officer. The arrest made headlines and became a late-night television punch-line. When asked by Howard Stern whether the bust was a publicity stunt, Roth said, “Howard, in New York City this small of a bust is a $35 traffic citation. It literally says ‘Buick, Chevy, Other’. Your dog poops on the sidewalk, it’s $50. If I was looking for publicity, I would have pooped on the sidewalk.”

You learn something new every day.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #22 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 5:41am
Ed, Alex and Wolfie are based at 5150 making the bulk of the album as a unit and Dave comes in to do his vocals - considerably less time to do these, so he is not always present.

Backing vox are being beefed up by a name singer guesting on the album.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #23 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:05am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 5:41am:

Gary Cherone? Wow!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #24 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:09am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 5:41am:
Ed, Alex and Wolfie are based at 5150 making the bulk of the album as a unit and Dave comes in to do his vocals - considerably less time to do these, so he is not always present.

that's a kind of weird process.. the usual way is drum tracks first, then bass, guitars and the last is vocals and some over dubs of guitars and more vocals before the mix is settled and the final version is sent off to be mastered. There's always exceptions, but this pretty much the norm...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)