Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Van Halen in the studio with Roth (Read 292,630 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Van Halen in the studio with Roth
Reply #125 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
....from melodicrock.com via twitter
(sorry if already posted somewhere)

@MelodicRock
Andrew McNeice
Source suggests Van Halen filmed parts for a video this weekend for the new album's first single.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #126 - Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:42pm
so, basically, this entire thread is 90% you talking to yourself?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #127 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 9:31am
Starbuck wrote on Oct 24th, 2011 at 7:42pm:
so, basically, this entire thread is 90% you talking to yourself?

Thanks bucky!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspxq=1270656930716&id=8fbc8e5c0c9ed436f...

Attention Deficit Delirium
Sammy Hagar: I’ll Manage A Classic GN’R Reunion
by Bryan Reesman on Oct.26, 2011, under Hard Rock & Metal, Music Musings

Sammy Hagar knows a thing or two about reuniting with a famous band, so whe he spoke recently with Attention Deficit Delirium, I asked him about his thoughts on a classic Guns N’ Roses line-up reunion. Over the years people have argued that it will never happen. I argue that money is always a good motivator, even if it just means select concert dates like Rage Against The Machine have done. And with GN’R recently being nominated for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, one wonders if Axl and Slash can bury the hatchet if they get inducted, even to at least to acknowledge the accolade.

“They’ve proved it again and again and again that it ain’t [about] the money,” observed Hagar. “They just don’t get along because Axl goes out for a lot less money with his version of Guns N’ Roses, and Slash goes out for a lot less money with Velvet Revolver or by himself. The amount of money they could make if they got it all back together, made a great record and toured the world would probably be as much as the Rolling Stones [get], and for them not to do it, it obviously ain’t about the money. Because they could do it. I would manage them. I’d be their manager and make sure they got the right deal from all the promoters. They could be the biggest band in the world if they wanted to.”

That’s if they wanted to. (The ka-ching will need to ring loud enough.) As far as Van Halen is concerned, don’t expect to see the Red Rocker and his Chickenfoot bandmate Michael Anthony jumping at the prospect of rejoining Eddie and Alex onstage or in the studio. Especially with Chickenfoot thing keeping them busy, with Van Halen unceremoniously replacing Anthony with Eddie Van Halen’s son Wolfgang on bass prior to the reunion tour with original frontman David Lee Roth in 2007 and with Hagar’s recent autobiography delivering his frank, unrestrained views on the VH camp.

“I just don’t see Van Halen getting together again,” the singer stated. “I don’t know what would have to happen for it to happen. I don’t think they’re ever going to get together with Dave. They’ve been working on that record for a year and a half or whatever, and they keep postponing and postponing it. I just know that Wolfie, Dave and Ed are not the Van Halen that the world wants to see. To do it with David without Mike was a horrible decision, but those guys haven’t made a good decision since I left the band. I don’t think so. It’s not about me, I just think that they really burned Mikey and burned the fans by throwing him out before Dave came back finally.”

It is easily argued that Anthony’s vocal harmonies are an integral part of the Van Halen sound. “Those vocal harmonies on the last tour were Mike on tape,” asserted Hagar. “Mike should’ve reamed them for it. Wolfie don’t sing like that, and Ed sure as hell don’t. Go on the Internet and listen to Ed’s voice live from the reunion with me. Hear him sing on ‘When It’s Love’ and some of those songs. Ed can’t sing, and his voice is shot if he can, from cigarettes and booze anyway.”

When asked how he has managed to keep his voice in good shape after all of these years, Hagar replied, “I don’t smoke. I drink and eat all kinds of crazy foods. I don’t know, I’ve been really lucky with my voice. I wish I could tell you. If I knew the secret I’d let the world know.”

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #128 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 11:21am
THANKS FOR KEEPING ME POSTED SG..
THEY HAVE WORN ME OUT WITH THE WAITING.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #129 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:08am
BILL PERKS wrote on Oct 27th, 2011 at 11:21am:
THANKS FOR KEEPING ME POSTED SG..
THEY HAVE WORN ME OUT WITH THE WAITING.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...6fB6BqZQCFhN/0

I Want My MTV

The Uncensored Story of

the Music Video Revolution

by Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum Dutton

Director Pete Angelus was looking for his midgets.

The set of Van Halen’s “Pretty Woman” video was a bacchanal filled with Jack Daniel’s, cocaine, midgets, transvestites, hunchbacks and hot video vixens in bikinis.

But at one point, the midgets went missing.

After 20 minutes of searching, Angelus found them when he opened the door to a transvestite’s dressing room.

One little guy was “wearing a black cape,” said Angelus. “He was holding the transvestite’s [private area] and pretending it was a microphone. He was singing ‘Satisfaction’ by the Rolling Stones while doing a Mick Jagger impression. I thought, this is not going well.”

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #130 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:43pm
Van Halen to make announcement at Grammy Nominations November 30th?
Friday, 4 November 2011 The website Hitfix.com is speculating that VAN HALEN will be the band rumored to make a “special live announcement” at the November 30th Grammy Nominations Concert in Los Angeles!

“So is it Van Halen? That’s our guess. A very cryptic message from The Recording Academy, the folks who bring you the Grammys, came out today, announcing more acts for the line-up for The Grammy Nominations Concert Live. The hour-long program airs Nov. 30, live from Los Angeles’ Nokia Theater, and, in addition to announcing nominations for the Feb. 12 Grammy Awards, the special will feature appearances by a number of acts.

Added to the previously named Lady Gaga and Jason Aldean are Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco and Sugarland (we wonder if we’re in for a reprise of Ludacris joining Aldean for the rap on “Dirt Road Anthem?”)

Toward the end of the announcement, the Recording Academy slipped in that the TV show will “feature a special live announcement from a truly iconic group regarding their historic band reunion set to take place” at the Grammys.

Here’s why we think it’s Van Halen: the band — i.e. the David Lee Roth-fronted version — has recorded new material with John Shanks, although when we asked the producer about it a few months ago, he buttoned up tight, but he smiled big. Plus, other outlets, like The Hollywood Reporter, assert that the group has already inked with Columbia Records for the new set, although the label isn’t talking.  So… if there’s a finished album, or nearly finished album, in the can, the Grammys would be the perfect place to debut the first single.

My mind instantly assumed it was a rock band, but it could be some other genre.”

This was followed up by a tweet from the official Grammy’s twitter account later that day:
TheGRAMMYs:

Who do u predict the reuniting band will be @ #GRAMMYnoms? grm.my/vH7p3Y Does this hint make u wanna “Jump” & “Dance the Night Away”?

To summarize, “The iconic group” will make a live ANNOUNCEMENT during the Grammys Nomination Concert (Nov. 30th) about their reunion. The Grammy’s tweet pretty much leaves NO doubt that the mystery band is indeed VAN HALEN. Is this just dishonest hype? Or will Van Halen really appear at the Grammy Nominations Concert on Nov. 30th?

So unless the Grammys are lying (hard to imagine!), November 30th is the date that Van Halen will publicly announce their NEW ALBUM AND TOUR!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #131 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 5:59am
Some Guy wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:43pm:
Van Halen to make announcement at Grammy Nominations November 30th?
Friday, 4 November 2011 The website Hitfix.com is speculating that VAN HALEN will be the band rumored to make a “special live announcement” at the November 30th Grammy Nominations Concert in Los Angeles!

“So is it Van Halen? That’s our guess. A very cryptic message from The Recording Academy, the folks who bring you the Grammys, came out today, announcing more acts for the line-up for The Grammy Nominations Concert Live. The hour-long program airs Nov. 30, live from Los Angeles’ Nokia Theater, and, in addition to announcing nominations for the Feb. 12 Grammy Awards, the special will feature appearances by a number of acts.

Added to the previously named Lady Gaga and Jason Aldean are Ludacris, Lupe Fiasco and Sugarland (we wonder if we’re in for a reprise of Ludacris joining Aldean for the rap on “Dirt Road Anthem?”)

Toward the end of the announcement, the Recording Academy slipped in that the TV show will “feature a special live announcement from a truly iconic group regarding their historic band reunion set to take place” at the Grammys.

Here’s why we think it’s Van Halen: the band — i.e. the David Lee Roth-fronted version — has recorded new material with John Shanks, although when we asked the producer about it a few months ago, he buttoned up tight, but he smiled big. Plus, other outlets, like The Hollywood Reporter, assert that the group has already inked with Columbia Records for the new set, although the label isn’t talking.  So… if there’s a finished album, or nearly finished album, in the can, the Grammys would be the perfect place to debut the first single.

My mind instantly assumed it was a rock band, but it could be some other genre.”

This was followed up by a tweet from the official Grammy’s twitter account later that day:
TheGRAMMYs:

Who do u predict the reuniting band will be @ #GRAMMYnoms? grm.my/vH7p3Y Does this hint make u wanna “Jump” & “Dance the Night Away”?

To summarize, “The iconic group” will make a live ANNOUNCEMENT during the Grammys Nomination Concert (Nov. 30th) about their reunion. The Grammy’s tweet pretty much leaves NO doubt that the mystery band is indeed VAN HALEN. Is this just dishonest hype? Or will Van Halen really appear at the Grammy Nominations Concert on Nov. 30th?

So unless the Grammys are lying (hard to imagine!), November 30th is the date that Van Halen will publicly announce their NEW ALBUM AND TOUR!

Please remind me to dvr Operation Repo & Bear Swamp Recovery
as I will be focused on this epic event.
Thank you for your cooperation & support.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #132 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 12:43pm
Nellie I'm with you on Operation Repo. But Bear Swamp recovery? Undecided

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #133 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 1:06pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 12:43pm:
Nellie I'm with you on Operation Repo. But Bear Swamp recovery? Undecided

Catch it-heavyweight Sicilian repo operation

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #134 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Who needs the six pack and a couple of shots?
Then here ya go:

http://www.rocknrollbreakfast.com/six_pack_and_96.html

All 3 hours, 27 minutes, and 18 seconds of it... and it'll always be here for your listening pleasure.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #135 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:44pm
Some Guy wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:38pm:
Who needs the six pack and a couple of shots?
Then here ya go:

http://www.rocknrollbreakfast.com/six_pack_and_96.html

All 3 hours, 27 minutes, and 18 seconds of it... and it'll always be here for your listening pleasure.

Quality tuneage.
Sit back, libation of choice, have a good old time.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #136 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 7:25am
Iconic rock band Van Halen are set to sign with Interscope Records, says a source familiar with the negotiations. The deal is expected to be finalized next week, marking the first time in 35 years that the band will not release music through Warner Music, its longtime label home.

It had been rumored -- and reported -- that the band was joining the Columbia Records roster. In fact, an insider tells The Hollywood Reporter that the contract for the Sony deal was drawn up and approved but hadn't been signed when Universal Music stepped into the picture.

The signing was a group effort involving UMG chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, UMG International COO Max Hole, Interscope Geffen A&M vice chairman Steve Berman and Interscope's Jimmy Iovine, who, says a source, "heard the band was available and wanted to work with them. It was decided at the 11th hour." What came next was a series of meetings that presented the band with a global plan that included extensive marketing, merchandising, touring and, of course, recordings.

So what derailed the Columbia deal? The usual rock band complications, says an insider. While the group reunited with original singer David Lee Roth in 2006, the Sony label could not come to terms with Roth, who has a separate management, legal and accounting team than the other three members, guitarist Eddie Van Halen and his son Wolfgang (who replaced bassist Michael Anthony) and drummer Alex Van Halen. The main issue for Roth? He was apparently adamant about being on a west coast label. "He was never on board [with Columbia]," says the source. "It was as complicated as anyone would imagine, when one side says black, the other says white. The label was pretty skeptical that things would work out."

It's expected that as frontman, Roth will have to carry much of the marketing burden and it seems the band members ultimately want their singer to be happy with the deal which is why they went with Universal's west coast-based Interscope.

A new album, their first studio effort since 1984, is believed to be nearly finished with the hope that it can be released in 2012. The band is expected to make a "special announcement" on Nov. 30 at the Grammy Awards nominations concert, which will air live on CBS from Los Angeles' Nokia Theater.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #137 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 8:01pm
Here's the text from the release:

Captured at an undisclosed venue in Los Angeles, are (L-R) Alex Van Halen, Wolfgang Van Halen,
Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Iovine, Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M Records,
Irving Azoff, Executive Chairman of Live Nation Entertainment and Chairman and CEO of the
Front Line Management Group, Steve Berman, Vice Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M Records,
David Lee Roth and Jim Urie, President and CEO, Universal Music Group Distribution.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #138 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 8:39pm
looks like they had one of wolfies buds waiting in the wings if dad couldnt get otta the garage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OOFbrzdP8&feature=related

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #139 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 6:58pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #140 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:03pm
PERKS, it's coming hard and fast and these drones don't have a clue...
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:06pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #141 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:49am
I like Van Halen. But don't hate me if "Right Now" is the forst thing that comes to my mind. I need to purchase some crack, pronto!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #142 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:11pm
Today we are hearing some very interesting things that explains why, to the disappointment of many fans, Van Halen didn’t appear at the Grammy nominations concert last night. There’s a pretty good reason for this, and it’s that Van Halen wasn’t the mystery band in the first place!

Immediately after the show last night, the L.A. Times spoke to their sources close to the show who said that the mystery band was actually the Beach Boys (who’s 50th anniversary reunion tour this summer is one of the worst-kept secrets in the music business right now), and that things fell apart with the Beach Boys and the Grammys within the 48 hours leading up to the nomination show. The Grammys are still hopefull that the Beach Boys will still be available for the Feb. 12 Grammy Awards.

Then today, Rolling Stone agreed with the L.A. Times by saying that they are “extremely confident that it was supposed to be the Beach Boys” and that according to industry sources they’ve spoken to, Van Halen were never – at any point -  lined up to appear at the Grammys special.”

On top of all this, today we at the VHND heard from one of our own sources very close to the band that what Rolling Stone and the L.A. Times are saying is 100% correct and that Van Halen was never in the picture and was never slated to appear at the Grammys.

What about that tweet that the Grammys made? Rolling Stone says, “Many people thought that Van Halen was supposed to be the band, largely due to the fact that the Grammys sent out this not-so-subtle Tweet on November 3rd: “Who do u predict the reuniting band will be @ GRAMMYnoms? Does this hint make u wanna ‘Jump’ & ‘Dance The Night Away?’” This seemed to confirm beyond any doubt that Van Halen was the band, but what many people missed is that the Tweet also linked to a Hitfix story that guessed it was Van Halen. The fine folks at the Grammys merely sent out that Tweet to get people talking, and the Van Halen song titles were a reference to the HitFix prediction. They wanted to open up a whole Twitter-wide guessing game.”

Neil Portnow, chairman of The Recording Academy, which controls the Grammys, declined to confirm speculation that Van Halen was the mystery band that was to make an appearance, but told reporters last night that those concerned were not ready to go public.

“In the world of creativity, everything is fluid … there was the expectation that the artist involved and we would be ready to announce, but the artist was not quite ready”, said Portnow. Apparently he was talking about the Beach Boys.

So who’s to blame for the disappointment? It seems that the Grammys kind of took the bait from Hitflix’s guess and tweeted that clue to fuel the Van Halen rumor for the publicity. After all, thousands of Van Halen fans tuning in couldn’t hurt the ratings, right? Perhaps the Grammys didn’t expect there would be quite the amount of backlash from upset Van Halen fans. Then, after the show, Portnow was careful not to mention Van Halen’s name and let people assume that the mystery band was them, so that they’ll never get blamed for their misleading tweet.

Is Van Halen to blame, as well? Van Halen was very irresponsible for never publicly denouncing the rumor.

Or are they?

Over two weeks ago, Rolling Stone did indeed report that Van Halen would not appear at the Grammys. But many fan sites ignored this news, including VHND. We noticed that the Rolling Stone article contained a couple minor errors, and we remembered how they misinterpreted what a Van Halen rep told them last year. So we were skeptical of their info, and we chose instead to believe the Grammys. In hindsight, Rolling Stone was correct and got their info directly from either Van Halen or their management. So the band did indeed try to shoot down the rumor.

Even though the band was completely innocent of having anything to do with the creation of the rumor, after seeing it spread like it did, we sure wish they would have taken it into their own hands and tried harder to dispel the rumor.

But most of the disappointment is the fault of the Grammys. When given an opportunity by Rolling Stone to set the record straight when Rolling Stone flatly asked them if there was any truth to their Van Halen rumor, they declined to comment, instead letting the rumor grow to booster their own ratings.

After all this drama, we can report that we have something to look forward to. We’re hearing that as of two to three weeks ago, Van Halen decided on late January as the time when they will finally officially announce their 2012 album and tour. We will likely not hear any major VH news until then.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #143 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:03pm
Man I think the clock is slow.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #144 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 7:36am
"It's better than getting Van Halen'd"

http://classicvanhalen.com/forum/attachment.phpattachmentid=36550&d=1302565949!!...!

In anticipation of the expected 2012 release of the first Van Halen studio album to feature David Lee Roth on vocals in almost 30 years (and in honor of this being our 1,984th published story), we’re going to take a look back at the original lineup’s last record together, ’1984.’

It’s really hard to find bad things to say about any of the Roth-era Van Halen albums, and the impact of their 1978 debut on the vocabulary of rock music cannot be underestimated. However, ’1984′ is clearly their most accomplished, diverse and song-oriented collection.

The album featured several massive hit songs, including the driving rocker ‘Panama,’ the horny drumtastic schoolboy anthem ‘Hot for Teacher’ and most notably, the keyboard-heavy first single ‘Jump.’ That song, along with its darker-minded partner in electronica ‘I’ll Wait,’ caused some serious debate within the Van Halen camp during the creation of ’1984.’

Apparently the group’s musical mastermind, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, was eager to expand the band’s sound by including keyboards — in fact, he claims to have written ‘Jump’ years before. Although the instrument was featured in small doses as far back as 1980′s ‘Women and Children First,’ singer Roth and others in the organization reportedly wanted him to focus on the fretboard magic that helped make the group so popular.

Frustrated by these limitations, and furious at having to record a cover of the Motown classic ‘Dancing in the Streets’ on the band’s last album, 1982′s ‘Diver Down,’ Eddie set about having his own studio — named ’5150′ –  built on his home property while the band was on tour for that album, in order to better control the creative process.

As cohesive as the resulting record sounds — and even the non-singles, from the retro-minded ‘Top Jimmy’ to the strutting ‘Drop Dead Legs,’ are uniformly fantastic and inventive, trading just enough of the band’s early riff-centric approach in favor of ever-more sophisticated songwriting — it’s creation wound up unraveling the band.

According to an excellent, in-depth article on the creation of ’1984′ from Classic Rock magazine’s April 2011 issue, Van Halen and engineer Donn Landee took over the sessions, trading the band’s usual brief, focused visits to an outside studio for marathon late-night sessions at their new hideout.

Sometimes, Roth and long-time producer Ted Templeman were reportedly forced to wait outside of the studio “for four or five days in a row, waiting for Ed to pick up the phone in his bedroom, knowing he was in there but wouldn’t pick up.” Eddie himself states “Ted sure didn’t like working at 5150, he thought I’d just throw him out if I didn’t want to hear what he had to say.”

Well, then score one strike against democracy, because whatever difficulties were endured while this nearly flawless album was being made were, if we can be extremely selfish, totally worth it.

In fact, in a way, it’s a shame the album’s final minute wasn’t allowed to stand as the end of the original Van Halen’s musical legacy. Just as the song ‘House of Pain‘ wraps up to a logical conclusion, Eddie instead starts things up in a different direction with a brand new, typically groovy-as-heck riff as Roth “Ah ahhh / Ah ahhh”‘s his approval.

Drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Michael Anthony quickly take over the rhythm, allowing their guitarist to run wild with another tantalizing fade-out solo that keeps you turning the volume up to hear every last second. (The best example of this torture remains ‘One Foot Out the Door‘ from 1981′s ‘Fair Warning.’)

This ending, which seems to cut off just as things are once again really cooking, allows you to imagine an alternate universe where the original Van Halen never stopped playing together. It’s amazing how much impact this version of the group had on rock history in the space of just 6 years, 6 albums, 60 songs and slightly over three hours of recorded music. (We did a little math!)

It would be so awesome to see Van Halen pick up right where they left off at the end of ’1984.’ Of course, several things throw this possibility into doubt, most notably the two 1996 ‘Best Of’ reunion tracks featuring Roth, which found him forced to cram his way into songs much more suited for the vocal style of his replacement, Sammy Hagar.

There’s also the fact that original bassist (and key backup singer) Anthony isn’t part of the group, and the reality that 28 years is an eternity in any type of career, especially rock music. Still, the band’s 2007-8 reunion tour found them performing all their classic songs with unbelievable energy and passion, making it seem at least possible they could reconnect with their original magic. Here’s hoping!
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2011 at 7:37pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #145 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:09am
Some Guy?

Schlitz malt liquor, lit smokes in public places, hot babes with wing-cuts, and the last great band of the 70s . . .

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/12/09/unearthed-photos-van-halen-1978-in-store-appearan...

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #146 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 7:34am
Zack wrote on Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:09am:
Some Guy?

Schlitz malt liquor, lit smokes in public places, hot babes with wing-cuts, and the last great band of the 70s . . .

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/12/09/unearthed-photos-van-halen-1978-in-store-appearan...

Thanks Zack- that's awesome!!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #147 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 2:30pm
I am tuning up my VH skills for the next evening out I have with my
friends, Johnny Walker & Yukon Jack.  We may pickup Jack Daniels
along the way, and if we are really Batman lucky-Captain Morgan.
There will be video, stay tuned.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #148 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 8:46am
2012 tour rumor
Rumor from a reliable source (sisters boyfriend who is a higher up at a "classic" radio station) has the Mighty Van Halen landing in Buffalo, March 9. With Tix sales mid Jan. Sounds as if this is preliminary info, but if source is correct, it should be a huge tour as Buffalo was bypassed for Cleveland and Toronto twice on the "reunion tour".

Doubt they would open in western NY, so my guess is things get rippin' in Feb.

-Roth Army

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2011 at 8:48am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

god
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #149 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 6:32am
VAN HALEN IS BACK

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7kp2zzcs4&feature=player_embedded really?[/url]

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."-John Adams&&&&"If your child needs a role model and you're not it, you're both fucked".-George Carlin&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)