Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
'Lets  Make a Dirty, Bluesy Stones CD'- Jack White (Read 3,687 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
'Lets  Make a Dirty, Bluesy Stones CD'- Jack White
Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:27pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

From the latest German edition of Rolling Stone

In German :

Jack White über die Rolling Stones: "Ich würde eine dreckige Bluesplatte mit ihnen machen."
Im Interview in unserer Augustausgabe sprach Jack White auch über seine Zusammenarbeit mit Keith Richards. Bei der Gelegenheit sagte er ihm auch, was er von den Stones hören wolle: "a dirty blues record".  

Eigentlich arbeite er ja lieber mit Frauen zusammen, sagte Jack White im Interview mit Joachim Hentschel, das es in unserer Augustausgabe zu lesen geben wird. Mit Keith Richards sei dies jedoch anders gewesen. Nämlich: "Natürlich unglaublich toll." In zwei Recording Sessions - einmal in Whites Heimstudio in Nashville, einmal in New York - habe man "ein paar Coversongs aufgenommen und an eigenen Stücken herumprobiert". Ob daraus vielleicht gar ein Album entstehen könne, sagte bzw. wusste Jack White nicht: "Was aus denen wird? Keine Ahnung. Ich würde es Ihnen erzählen, wenn ich es nur wüsste."

Interessant wurde es allerdings, als er folgendes mutmaßte: "Vielleicht wollte Keith nur ausprobieren, wie die Arbeit mit mir so läuft und ob es für die Rolling Stones Sinn ergeben würde, sich von mir produzieren zu lassen." Er habe Keith und den Stones auch schon gesagt: "Ich würde eine dreckige Bluesplatte mit ihnen machen, wenn sie sich für mich entscheiden." Jack White ist sich nämlich sicher: "Das ist genau die Platte, die jetzt alle von ihnen hören wollen."

English translation (pretty basic and I've tried to correct some of it to make it more sensible- maybe some of our German-speaking readers can tidy it up)

http://www.rollingstone.de/news/article.php?article_file=1279704320.txt

Jack White on The Rolling Stones: "I'd love to make a dirty, bluesy, record with them."

In an interview in the August edition of Jack White also spoke about his work with Keith Richards. On that occasion he told him what he wanted to hear from the Stones: "a dirty blues record".

Actually, he was working with some nice women, "said Jack White in an interview with Joachim Hentschel, which can be found in our August issue. With Keith Richards, but this was been different. Namely: "Of course, unbelievably great." In two recording sessions - one in White's home studios in Nashville, one in New York - where they "recorded a few cover songs and worked on a few ideas". Whether this could lead to an album, Jack White doesn't say  "What will become of them? No idea. I would tell you, if I only knew."

What was interesting, however, was that he surmised : "Maybe Keith was checking out how the work is going with me so and whether it is for the Rolling Stones would make sense to be produced by me." He Keith and the Stones have already said: "I would make a dirty Blues record with them if they decide for me." Jack White can safely say, "This is exactly the record that people want to hear from them."
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:32pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Madeira Beach, Florida
Re: 'Lets  Make a Dirty, Bluesy Stones CD'- Jack W
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 1:10pm
Gazza wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:27pm:
[img]Jack White can safely say, "This is exactly the record that people want to hear from them."

Sho got dat right!

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 1:17pm
dirty

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 1:45pm
Oh God please make it happen. Can't see Mick being too crazy about that though, but you never know.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 2:49pm
The Wick wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 1:45pm:
Oh God please make it happen. Can't see Mick being too crazy about that though, but you never know.

I'd agree, but White is really cool right now to young people. I'm sure that would make Mick at least consider it.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

riffkeither
Rocks Off Regular

Gimme Some Neck !!

France Marseille
Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 3:12pm
Yeah we need a Dirty One !

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons...
I'm movin' on

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 9:30pm
Holden wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 2:49pm:
The Wick wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 1:45pm:

I'd agree, but White is really cool right now to young people. I'm sure that would make Mick at least consider it.

whewn you say young, you mean 25 to 40? trust me, the 13 to 25 barely know who he is, and aren't the people who buy his records...

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 5:24am
I don't see what's so wrong with Don Was: the problem with recent albums has been the quality in songwriting... not the producer
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2010 at 5:27am by Honky Tonk Man »  

IP Logged

Mr. Sex Drugs Rock n Roll
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 11:51am
Hope they allow Jack to make a trip thru the archives for some new material

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:35am
Mr. Sex Drugs Rock n Roll wrote on Jul 25th, 2010 at 11:51am:

PMS is still blowing my fucking mind!

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:54am
Mick has one last shot at regaining some relevance.

A Lady Ga-Ga collaboration!

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:39am
corgi37 wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:54am:
Mick has one last shot at regaining some relevance.

A Lady Ga-Ga collaboration!

greeting status under review

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 8:50am
Thanks for the post G!

Dirty!

xoxo,
MM

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 1:55pm
Some Guy wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 5:35am:
Mr. Sex Drugs Rock n Roll wrote on Jul 25th, 2010 at 11:51am:

PMS is still blowing my fucking mind!

Me too....I keep falling in love with it over and over. It never gets stale or repetitive because the groove is so simple and the feeling is there.
I think it was you SG who mentioned that part where Mick sings..'luuuv game...'
This is the real Mick, no mannerisms, no calculations, just singing what he's feeling....the first time i heard the song all the way through, it was like a homecoming.
As for Jack White, who knows? Maybe the success of the Exile reissue has caused Jagger to realize that with the Stones, their roots are where its at, whether its new material or what. I kept reading interviews the seeing pics of Mick in Cannes, New York at MOMA and, I believe, this is the first time in a very long time, Jagger has been feted like real rock star royalty, not just a tabloid celebrity billy-goat. He lost some of that over the years, but its like Exile reminded alot of people, even the media, of when the Stones were a cultural phenom. Hope he gets the message.

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #14 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:21am
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jul 25th, 2010 at 5:24am:
I don't see what's so wrong with Don Was: the problem with recent albums has been the quality in songwriting... not the producer

Don Was is a fantastic Producer with incredible insight on recording music, it's history and song craft.

He has produced four Rolling Stones albums and they all do something completely different yet still are quality.

Now, aside from that .... if you do not like the albums he's done with The Stones please remember .... he is only 1/2 of the equation here. The Stones were satisfied with the work he's done for them so remember ....they keep hiring him back so he must be doing things as they want.

You can say ..."yeah but they need a kick in the can....someone to say no, you gotta do it this way" or "work harder ...it doesn't sound good enough to me".

If The Rolling Stones were training for a championship title fight this approach would probably be the way to go ....but they're not... they are writing/recording music. This hard balled approach doesn't work very often. In fact in a recording situation it usually ends up un-productive or with sub-par results.

One of the few instances in which this actually worked was Rubin recording Wandering Spirit with Jagger. Yes it did work that time but... like I say it's not the norm. In order to get everything out of an artist he/she must want to give you that. If someone is too hard nosed or bossy it is hard to give them all you've got. In fact, musicians find themselves holding back because of inner spite.

Something to keep in mind. If you do not like the last three or four records The Stones did (personally I was satisfied and enjoyed all of them) you can hardly put all the blame on Don Was. The Rolling Stones were there too...

A REALISTIC WAY TO LOOK AT /COMPARE IT IS:

What if your neighbor was trying impress everyone in the neighborhood and at the same time sell his house? So every single year your neighbor decides to give his house a brand new coat of paint to help him impress the neighbors and hopefully help him sell his house. and ....every year your neighbor hires his nephew to help him paint his house. Every year the two of them go to the paint shop and choose a color you completely don't care for. As well it is your opinion that the two of them do a lack luster job of actually painting the house after choosing the paint. Every year your neighbor turns you off and his house is never sold.

Now, ... would you go around blaming your neighbors nephew because your neighbor never impressed you and never ends up selling his house???

Don Was is about as much to blame as your neighbors nephew. Remember ...The Rolling Stones hire him repeatedly and seem satisfied. The Stones are responsible for at least half of the idea on how the album is to sound and/or what type of album it should be.

Again, I think he's done a great job at his part. Just because you think The Stones could do better  doesn't mean you can pin all the blame on him. Blame the artist Jack. They keep hiring the dude and they are the ones performing on the record...

Don't get me wrong ... anyone knows a Producer can be a huge influence as to how a record sounds/is recorded, the flow of a record, or what the artist gives in performance and at times right down to the song writing. Everyone knows that. But it was what The Stones chose. They like it (and so did I).

Ian
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2010 at 12:58am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)