Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51
Send Topic Print
ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ (updated !!) (Read 114,966 times)
LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ (updated !!
Reply #1175 - May 14th, 2013 at 7:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I just had a nice chat with Betty. She's doing very well and told me all about the services. She was very pleased with everything. God Bless her. So strong and damn funny. I'm going to pay her a visit in the not too distant future.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1176 - May 15th, 2013 at 9:52pm
What a nice gesture to call her mom, really...

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
Reply #1177 - May 16th, 2013 at 10:09am
Love the header!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1178 - May 16th, 2013 at 6:47pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 at 5:03pm:
My Fellow Stones Fans,

This is not easy for me, but I'm at the point where I can't worry about being judged for something stupid I did almost 20 years ago.

I recently found out I have Hepatitis, and it's at the point now where I need to publicly solicit donors. If I can't find a compatible donor, chances are I'll have less than a year or two to live. I'm already on medication that is making me feel ill every day. The way a living donation works is they find a compatible donor (same blood type, body mass index, etc.) in good health and take a piece or "lobe" from their liver and transplant it. The liver actually regenerates and grows back to its original state within a few months.

They take the entire "bad" liver out of the recipient and replace it with this "lobe," and if I'm lucky my body won't reject it and I'd get to live a normal lifespan, albeit on regenerative drugs. I'd be ecstatic just to have another 10 years at this point. You see, I look after my mom, who is 88 years old. The thought of leaving her here alone is more than I can bear. Most of my family are gone, and the few who are left cannot care for her. I have no family I can solicit as donors either.

Last year, there were something like 6,500 transplants. There are currently 17,000 people on national waiting lists. I live in the New York area, so my chances of getting a compatible donor are slim to none. My blood type is O+. I'm asking everyone I know, because the more people who are aware of this, the better my chances are. Please don't turn this into a discussion thread. If you can help or know someone who can, PM me.

Here is a link explaining living liver donation:

http://www.liverfoundation.org/education/info/transplant/

http://www.livingdonorsonline.org/liver/liver.htm

Thanks to the mods for allowing me to make this public plea. If you know me personally, you know how hard it is for me to "go public" with this. I'm putting my faith in the Stones Community.

Lest anyone did not see the post that started this whole thread......I'm still depressed and sad over things but know Mary is no longer suffering and in a better place.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #1179 - May 17th, 2013 at 12:10am
One thing is for sure, Mary always talked about the Rocks Off people and it really meant something to her that we were all trying to help. For those who went the extra mile, she knew it and she was thankful for the people here. It actually says a lot about the board's charactor. Sure we fuck around alot but when it comes down to something serious, RO people pull through. Mary was proud to call you friends and I am too.

"One love"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #1180 - May 17th, 2013 at 5:38am
gimmekeef wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
GotToRollMe wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 at 5:03pm:
My Fellow Stones Fans,

This is not easy for me, but I'm at the point where I can't worry about being judged for something stupid I did almost 20 years ago.

I recently found out I have Hepatitis, and it's at the point now where I need to publicly solicit donors. If I can't find a compatible donor, chances are I'll have less than a year or two to live. I'm already on medication that is making me feel ill every day. The way a living donation works is they find a compatible donor (same blood type, body mass index, etc.) in good health and take a piece or "lobe" from their liver and transplant it. The liver actually regenerates and grows back to its original state within a few months.

They take the entire "bad" liver out of the recipient and replace it with this "lobe," and if I'm lucky my body won't reject it and I'd get to live a normal lifespan, albeit on regenerative drugs. I'd be ecstatic just to have another 10 years at this point. You see, I look after my mom, who is 88 years old. The thought of leaving her here alone is more than I can bear. Most of my family are gone, and the few who are left cannot care for her. I have no family I can solicit as donors either.

Last year, there were something like 6,500 transplants. There are currently 17,000 people on national waiting lists. I live in the New York area, so my chances of getting a compatible donor are slim to none. My blood type is O+. I'm asking everyone I know, because the more people who are aware of this, the better my chances are. Please don't turn this into a discussion thread. If you can help or know someone who can, PM me.

Here is a link explaining living liver donation:

http://www.liverfoundation.org/education/info/transplant/

http://www.livingdonorsonline.org/liver/liver.htm

Thanks to the mods for allowing me to make this public plea. If you know me personally, you know how hard it is for me to "go public" with this. I'm putting my faith in the Stones Community.

Lest anyone did not see the post that started this whole thread......I'm still depressed and sad over things but know Mary is no longer suffering and in a better place.

Been doing okay until I started re-reading the first few pages of this thread.
She fought so hard and for so long.  
I know what you mean, Ellen. It's hard to believe that she's really gone.
Cry  Cry  Cry

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1181 - May 17th, 2013 at 6:13am
Bitch wrote on May 17th, 2013 at 12:10am:
One thing is for sure, Mary always talked about the Rocks Off people and it really meant something to her that we were all trying to help. For those who went the extra mile, she knew it and she was thankful for the people here. It actually says a lot about the board's charactor. Sure we fuck around alot but when it comes down to something serious, RO people pull through. Mary was proud to call you friends and I am too.

"One love"

very well said, Ellen.

Like keef and LJ, and Im sure a few others, I was re-reading the initial posts in this thread again over the last few days.  It might have started in January 2010, but she started feeling ill about 18 months before that and finally got diagnosed around summer 2009 if I remember correctly. So, that was a five year struggle in all, with quite a few ups but mostly downs - and a couple of miracles thrown in for good measure.

Still all very hard to take in, to be honest.  Sad

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #1182 - May 17th, 2013 at 7:19am
I've been listening to Stones music all week in her honor. It started with Exile on Main Street. I went cruising around Philly with the windows rolled down and the cd player turned up high.

I do remember having a conversation with her in 2009 at some point about health and family and wills and what happens when one passes. At the time I said to myself, "Is she trying to tell me something?" but chalked it up to the fact I was going through a lot of family medical issues and a funeral or two. Now I see I was right the first time. She was trying to tell me something.

Mary was a very good person. I can't stress that enough. She was always kind and caring and just a great soul all around. And with me, she was always upbeat about her recovery. She would tell me about the horrible pain, but follow it up with a hopeful statement indicating to me that she was not going to let this defeat her. I don't think she wanted me to see her NOT being positive, you know? Now when I read the stories about just how bad she had it, and the things she said to others about her condition, it makes me get emotional.

I think she wanted to shield me from how bad she really had it.

Gold rings on that dear dear woman. She was one of a kind and will be missed by many people!

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1183 - May 17th, 2013 at 8:03am
Steel Wheels wrote on May 17th, 2013 at 7:19am:
I've been listening to Stones music all week in her honor. It started with Exile on Main Street. I went cruising around Philly with the windows rolled down and the cd player turned up high.

I do remember having a conversation with her in 2009 at some point about health and family and wills and what happens when one passes. At the time I said to myself, "Is she trying to tell me something?" but chalked it up to the fact I was going through a lot of family medical issues and a funeral or two. Now I see I was right the first time. She was trying to tell me something.

Mary was a very good person. I can't stress that enough. She was always kind and caring and just a great soul all around. And with me, she was always upbeat about her recovery. She would tell me about the horrible pain, but follow it up with a hopeful statement indicating to me that she was not going to let this defeat her. I don't think she wanted me to see her NOT being positive, you know? Now when I read the stories about just how bad she had it, and the things she said to others about her condition, it makes me get emotional.

Gold rings on that dear dear woman. She was one of a kind and will be missed by many people!

If its of any comfort at all, she always spoke very highly to me of you.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #1184 - May 17th, 2013 at 8:17am
Thank you my friend.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #1185 - May 17th, 2013 at 8:23am
"If its of any comfort at all, she always spoke very highly to me of you."

Mary loved this wacky place and all of its inhabitants. In our very last conversation, she told me she just wanted her
life back. She wanted to talk to her friends and post on Rocks Off. Never a bad word about anyone; and always defended others when I'd get catty.

I trust she is reading this thread right now.
I miss you Mary. One love indeed.

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #1186 - May 17th, 2013 at 12:06pm
This is very sad to read up on GTRM' passing  Cry

>Mary is no longer suffering and in a better place< 

may you rest in peace, Mary

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #1187 - May 18th, 2013 at 5:31pm
REREADING THIS WHOLE THREAD IS ABOUT THE MOST MOVING EXPERIENCE ONE CAN HAVE.
piss off

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #1188 - May 18th, 2013 at 8:29pm
whatever happened to keefchick who posted often early in this sad saga?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1189 - May 19th, 2013 at 11:19am
BILL PERKS wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 8:29pm:

Patti's still here occasionally. She posted on page 45, just a few days ago.

... ... ...
IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #1190 - May 19th, 2013 at 11:30am
Gazza wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 11:19am:
BILL PERKS wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 8:29pm:

Patti's still here occasionally. She posted on page 45, just a few days ago.

THANKS,GAZZA..GLAD TO HEAR SHES OK.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #1191 - May 19th, 2013 at 11:45am
BILL PERKS wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 5:31pm:
piss off

MR PERKS, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT MARY OFTEN SPOKE ABOUT HOW MUCH SHE ENJOYED YOUR POSTS.
NOT SURE IF YOU HAD ANY CONTACT WITH HER AS SO MANY OTHERS DID, BUT SHE SPOKE HIGHLY OF YOU.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #1192 - May 19th, 2013 at 12:26pm
LadyJane wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 11:45am:
BILL PERKS wrote on May 18th, 2013 at 5:31pm:
piss off

MR PERKS, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT MARY OFTEN SPOKE ABOUT HOW MUCH SHE ENJOYED YOUR POSTS.
NOT SURE IF YOU HAD ANY CONTACT WITH HER AS SO MANY OTHERS DID, BUT SHE SPOKE HIGHLY OF YOU.

WOW,THAT IS NICE TO HEAR...I WAS AT THE AC BAR & GRILL BOTH NIGHTS,WISH I HAD MET UP WITH Y'ALL.

LJ, I KNOW IT'S LITTLE CONSOLATION , BUT THE WAY YOU HANDLED YOURSELF THROUGHOUT ALL OF THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
A TRUE FRIEND,INDEED.
WE SHOULD ALL BE SO BLESSED.

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #1193 - May 19th, 2013 at 10:16pm
Steel Wheels wrote on May 17th, 2013 at 7:19am:

I can relate to these thoughts, SW. A few years ago, out of the blue, I received a vinyl Exile album from Mary. She attached a note, thanking me for some stuff and said, "sorry all the postcards are not still with the album, but most of them are."

Right then, I suspected that she was feeling much worse than we knew. I stood there in my kitchen and cried.

She was something.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #1194 - May 20th, 2013 at 4:46pm
BILL PERKS wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 12:26pm:
LJ, I KNOW IT'S LITTLE CONSOLATION , BUT THE WAY YOU HANDLED YOURSELF THROUGHOUT ALL OF THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.
A TRUE FRIEND,INDEED.
WE SHOULD ALL BE SO BLESSED.

So true!

I keep remembering the talks we had with Mary over e-mail, and her postcards and her gifts. How she helped me when my cat was ill and I couldn't get him a diagnosis here. And the cat loving stories we shared  Smiley So many good memories.
It's so funny how you can get to know a person and love them so much, even though you've never met. She was such a joy, so clever and kind and caring.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #1195 - May 20th, 2013 at 5:58pm
I Love This Place!
Thanks to all during this "ordeal"
for lack of better words.
Lady Jane and The Man Gaza, and all the many others.
Re reading this entire post shows the power and strength of friendship.
It makes me proud to be a small part of this Rocks Off Community!
RIP and Sweet Dreams Mary!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #1196 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 7:31pm
Thanks to Sweet Virginia, the brilliant art work of Fabio Hot Stuff has been made into buttons to honor the memory of our beloved Mary. SV has been handing these out at all Stones show she has and will attend. We want Mary to go to as many shows as possible. If you will be in Philly, Boston, DC and/or Hyde Park, SV will have one for you.

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2013 at 7:37pm by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1197 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 9:33pm
Cool! What a nice gesture SweetVirginia, you rock

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Italy
Reply #1198 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:21am
LadyJane wrote on Jun 3rd, 2013 at 7:31pm:
Thanks to Sweet Virginia, the brilliant art work of Fabio Hot Stuff has been made into buttons to honor the memory of our beloved Mary. SV has been handing these out at all Stones show she has and will attend. We want Mary to go to as many shows as possible. If you will be in Philly, Boston, DC and/or Hyde Park, SV will have one for you.

SV's acted very well and you LJ was an amazing friend for Mary. It's so sad and hard re-read all her thread since the beginning. As said Gazza, I cannot take it so easy, not yet. She was someone I loved as a sister. And she will remain it in my heart forever. Thank you  for all and I'd be blessed as she was

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

crawdaddy
Rocks Off Regular

Can you hear in the back?

Kingston upon Thames
Reply #1199 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 8:19am
What a great gesture SV.
So nice to know that Mary will be there,sitting on Keiths' amp at some shows in North America and Hyde Park.

Marys' story and her pain and anguish moved me to tears when I came upon this thread,a day or two after her passing.
I was moved to tears,and though I didn't know her, the lovely pics I have seen of the Rocks Off crowd,makes me feel I do.

Would love to make it to Hyde Park and see other fans wearing the Mary Button.  London is my home town,but will be over here in sunny Spain,enjoying the reviews and youtube clips and thinking of Mary realy enjoying each gig she go's to.          God Bless You Mary.     Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)