Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:35am
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The "All Ronnie" thread (Read 339,265 times)
LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

The "All Ronnie" thread
Dec 18th, 2009 at 6:50pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
More of the same with some new twists.

Have The Stones dumped Ronnie Wood over his tawdry romance?

Doesn't she look dewy and radiant? With her blonde hair stylishly backcombed and a pile of Topshop bracelets adorning her slender arms, Ekaterina Ivanova could be someone's daughter celebrating her A-levels - rather than a Russian 'artist' announcing her separation from Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood in this week's Hello! magazine.

Her interview is presented in a very 'Hello!' style. In fact, the reality of the 21-year-old's liaison with alcoholic Wood - who left his wife of 23 years for Ekaterina, then fell off the wagon in spectacular style, only to be observed dragging her along the street in Claygate, Surrey, and threatening her with a lighted cigarette - is sordid and unpleasant.

But Ekaterina, also known as Katya, manages to coat the whole tawdry story in sugar. 'We used to draw together, dance, joke,' she says. 'The whole thing started off like a fairy tale, but then it felt like an evil fairy tale. I'd be trapped there with an evil goblin king.'

In the interview, Katya reveals not very much about life with Ronnie - who is 41 years her senior - and doesn't seem to waste a shred of sympathy on him or feel a twinge of guilt about her part in ending his happy and supportive marriage with Jo, 54.

Their one pastime, says Katya, was watching rubbish satellite TV together - but Ronnie was often 'very drunk', especially towards the end of the romance. He used to have violent tantrums and do silly impressions of her voice.

'In the end I think he needed to be mothered. I think that's the kind of person he needs to be with. I tried and tried but it didn't make me happy,' she says - with the selfishness often displayed by the very young.

That Jo Wood had selflessly been performing precisely that function for Ronnie - and that it had made both of them happy - seems not to occur to her.

And so, after 18 months, she's off. Katya was this week trying to sell her story, once again, for more money.

Her PR adviser, Phil Hall, hints there is plenty which she hasn't been able to tell, for legal reasons - presumably because it touches on allegations of domestic violence. 'She has a lot more to say, if she chooses to,' he tells me.

But, as Katya exits, what of Ronnie? He doesn't, it transpires, have any great dispute with her version of their disastrous romance. But it is a liaison which has had severe consequences for him.

Not only has it cost him his marriage but, as we shall see, Ronnie's dalliance with Katya will probably end up costing him his place in the Rolling Stones.

David Rigg, Ronnie's spokesman, told me: 'We are not going to comment (on Katya's interview). Ronnie will not be making any statements or giving any interviews.'

Rigg confirms Ronnie has no professional engagements of any sort lined up. In fact, his diary seems to be entirely blank.
Considering this, it is perhaps surprising that he has turned down Jo's generous offer to come back to the old marital home for a Christmas lunch.

He could have joined his wife, children and their extended family around the table at their home, Holmwood, a hunting lodge which backs onto Richmond Park in South-West London.

But I'm told that last Sunday, when Jo offered him the chance to come back for lunch, Ronnie asked her: 'What about the other 364 days of the year?' He quite clearly wants his wife back - but the answer to that, at least for now, is no. It seems Ronnie is truly on his own.

The trendy friends he used to have, such as model Kate Moss and party organiser Fran Cutler, stopped seeing him when he was with Katya because she complained they looked down on her. She used to say they made her feel like the Soho waitress she once was.

Ronnie no longer speaks to bandmate Keith Richards either, despite the fact the pair were great drink and drug buddies for years. Friends tell me they fell out some time ago.

Even Mick Jagger is steering clear. I have been told he is looking for a new guitarist for the Rolling Stones and, despite the fact the Stones have always denied there will be a tour in 2010, it is now looking like a distinct possibility.

And if the rumours are true and another money-spinning Stones tour does go ahead, you can bet it will do so without unreliable Ronnie.

'It's one thing to say "Let's have the Stones frightening the grannies, let's all be debauched and wild", but it's just not acceptable to have one seen choking his girlfriend,' said a friend of the band's.

'There are two things you can't be seen to do, which is hit women and get involved with under-age girls. Thanks to Ronnie and Bill Wyman (who seduced and went on to marry 13-year-old Mandy Smith), Mick has had a full house now.'

It's all such a contrast to the calm days when Jo was Ronnie's loyal linchpin.

She used to be on the Stones' payroll as Ronnie's 'dresser' and would come along on every tour, cooking him organic beans on toast and free-range poached eggs on a little Primus stove. You could argue that she was almost as much a member of the band as he was.

Jagger had sided with Jo from the beginning. 'Mick tried to intervene right at the start of the relationship with Katya,' says the friend.

'There was a plan to set up Katya in a flat in Tottenham Court Road, get Ronnie to rehab and then lead him back to Jo.
'Mick has always relied on Jo to be his conduit through to Ronnie - he has relied on her to get Ronnie to work, to keep him well enough to pass a medical for the tour.

'Without Jo, Ronnie would never have managed to go on tour, you can't do it unless you have insurance, and you won't get insurance without the medical. It's always been up to Jo to get him through all that.

'All communication has gone through Jo for years, so now Mick has really washed his hands of Ronnie. The feeling is that he can't come back after this one. Ronnie's always been a bit lost and, without Jo, nobody can reach him.'

After the violent incident with Katya, police bailed Ronnie until January 10 on suspicion of assault. Who knows whether he will face charges.

He is said to be 'in a bad way', drinking heavily on his own, with no one to stop him. He is a lifelong alcoholic, has been to rehab at least seven times and has been told often that if he does not stop drinking, it will kill him.

Ronnie is, though, in the grip of a downward spiral which is familiar to his loved ones, who have seen him on this path before.
He does not answer his telephone and he does not respond to emails, not even from Jo. The only person he sees, I'm told, is Jamie, Jo's son from a previous relationship.

This is quite a surprise because Jamie used to manage the rocker, but he was sacked earlier this year when Ronnie was under Katya's influence.

But Jamie still loves Ronnie and must be a forgiving sort because he visits Ronnie in his rented Surrey home to see how he is getting on. Ronnie also sees one friend - an artist named Bruce - and his chauffeur. Beyond that, there seems to be no one at all.
'Katya has had a really damaging effect on Ronnie,' says one of Jo's friends.

'Jo had helped to keep him integrated socially and to keep him in with the Stones and in with his friends and in with his family.

'The view from here is that with Katya it was all just booze and sex - and he ditched everything for that.'

The Wood family blame Ekaterina for 'isolating' Ronnie and are desperately worried about his health. Jo keeps on telling friends she just wants to get Ronnie to see a doctor. She has asked him to, but he has slipped beyond her control.

Although Jo says she is happy - liberated and reborn now she does not have to take care of Ronnie's every need, put up with his moods or take responsibility for moderating his drinking - people who know her think she may yet take him back.
One close friend of Jo's put the chances of that at 50-50 this week.

The fact Jo has not found a man since they split last July is significant. Jo has always loved Ronnie deeply and is now having to ask herself whether she can make the sacrifice necessary to save him again.

'Jo has always treated Ronnie like one of her children and you don't ever stop loving a child, no matter what they do,' said a friend.
Officially, Jo will not say anything. Her spokeswoman Gemma Waters says she 'wouldn't know at all' if a reunion is on the cards. 'Jo is just busy planning for Christmas, she says. 'I know that Ronnie isn't going for Christmas dinner,' she told me.

'He was asked, but he definitely isn't going.'

That Jo seems to be having cold feet over her plans to sell their family home and move into a bachelor-girl flat does, however, appear suggestive.

'I don't know whether she is really going to put the house on the market after New Year. It has been a happy home and she has loved living in it,' says Gemma.

Selling up would be a definitive way of moving on, and although Jo talks a lot about doing just that, the people close to her think she doesn't quite have the ruthless edge necessary to cut her ties in this way. Especially as it is so clear that Ronnie is in a crisis.
Ronnie isn't in rehab, but it is obvious he needs to go. He has been told he has emphysema, but continues to smoke. He has been told another few months of drinking will kill him, and yet he continues with that, too.

Ronnie has made and lost a fortune at least twice over but remains helplessly naive about money. And now he is drinking again, there is little prospect of him earning more. His family suspect Katya did pretty well out of him - he is a generous man.
As she herself said in Hello!: 'He's generous with everybody. He'll buy stuff for people he's just met.'

There is a theory that Katya's mother Irina prodded Ronnie into making generous gifts to her daughter - such as buying a car, setting up a bank account for her, giving her constant gifts and so on.

They think Irina used to encourage this generosity by telling Ronnie: 'If it wasn't for you, Katya would be at university - look at what she has given up for you.'

That said, Katya does not seem to have exited the liaison with much more than she had when she went into it. Her effect, though, on Ronnie has been immense and, beyond any doubt, destructive.

After going through rehab last summer, he fairly quickly started to drink wine again and some months ago moved back on to vodka and brandy.

He knows it is bad for him - as he told an interviewer a couple of months ago: 'Mr Hyde comes out, and the older I get the worse I get.'

Katya certainly never seems to have tried very hard to keep Ronnie sober.

They would start off on a binge by drinking a lot together, then she would decide she'd had enough and Ronnie would just want to keep on going. Inevitably they would argue. She was, in the early days, a heavy boozer like him.

'We would have the best nights out, then I would know how to stop and he wouldn't,' she told Hello! - demonstrating an ignorance about alcoholism which almost takes your breath away.

Ronnie is reckless about his health. He's been told so often he's about to die that he doesn't take any notice of the doctors. He calls himself a 'permanent teenager' but his family think, at 62, he's heading for the grave.

Is there anyone, you wonder, who can save him?

LJ.

« Last Edit: May 29th, 2011 at 1:22am by Unholy Trinity »  

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Re: Interesting Ronnie Article (Tour info included
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:05pm
While there may be some truth hidden in this article, I found the style in which is was written pathetic. The author of this piece casts blame on a 20 year old girl for breaking up a marriage. Isn´t that weird? It's Ronnie following his dick after all, right?

But lets keep our fingers crossed for Mick pulling out his bandmate out of the gutter once more for old times sake. For Ronnies sake rather than for the sake of the band.

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:09pm
Where did that come from, did you write it?

In any cas, wow...my guess is that if Jo doesn't take him back, the Stones will be getting together for his funeral pretty soon. Can't be easy for her after what he put her through, but she probably wouldn't forgive herself if he kicked the bucket sooner rather than later. Looks like he's interested too...

It's been said before, but what a shame/waste, I recently came across a mode made DVD of a concert in Spain (San Sebastian ?) from the 2007 tour and he played the CYHMK solo amazingly well, much better than in 2002, I didn't even know they had played it during the 2007 tour of Europe.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:12pm
Probably some serious exaggeration in that article, but maybe some truth in too.

Ronnie could well turn out to be remembered as the stupidest man in the history of rock n roll.

Gets handed the dream job of joining the biggest, greatest and richest band in the world - and still manages to blow it.

Gets the choice in the late 70s of becoming a fully paid up member or taking an annual salary for a long term basis - and picks the wrong option, almost leaving himself bankrupt.

Makes a multi million pound fortune several times over - and squanders it every couple of years due to his multiple addictions and a lack of financial acumen which would be akin to that of a ten year old.

Gets told on several occasions that he has to give up smoking and drinking or he'll die - and still persists in drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney.

Meets probably the only woman who would willingly put up with constant drunkenness and spells of rehab for 25 years - and ditches her for a 20 year old mentally unstable bunny boiler who works as a 'cocktail waitress' in a club which later gets raided as a vice den.

How much babysitting can one man need?

Pitiful.  Sad

It's unfortunately getting harder to envisage anything other than a horrible ending to all of this.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:15pm by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:12pm
That summer tour of 07 had a bunch of pretty interesting sets. They did CYHMK? in Goffer Park, Nijmegen too. Great times..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:12pm
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:09pm:
Where did that come from, did you write it?

Daily Mail.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Bingo
Rocks Off Regular

Exiled from IORR

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:26pm
I'll bet Mick and Keef have a few goons near every swimming pool in the UK.  Ouch!  Spooky post

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:45pm
Ouch!
Shit!
That was clever
Oh no! not you again

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:49pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:12pm:
Gets the choice in the late 70s of becoming a fully paid up member or taking an annual salary for a long term basis - and picks the wrong option, almost leaving himself bankrupt.

Didn't know this, what I remember reading about that period business wise is that Ronnie was advised to get a manager if he wanted to get paid by the Stones and that one of them was chased away by Keith, possibly when they were rehearsing for the 1981 tour...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:03pm
I DIDN'T WRITE THIS!
Just a cut and paste job.

thought it might be of some interest.  really?

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:30pm
I've avoided commenting on this board about it out of respect, but Ronnie really has embarrased himself with this mess. He has screwed up and ruined everything that he cares/cared about. As the slogan says, The Stones Withstand, but Ronnie seems to be crumbling.

His 20-year-old looks good in that beach picture though.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

Tumbled
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:27pm
Me and my friend Gena have been talking and it seems odd that many people that are given great success decide to throw it all away instead of making it a vehicle toward achieving their personal goals.  I mean, given Ronnie situation, he could really be happy, one would presume. Go bike around the coast of England, save the African elephant, collect art and music and distribute it, discover a new plant and propagate it, start up an animal shelter, pay for us fools that pick up trash on the great seneca highway, buy a piece of land and preserve it for posterity; photograph the restrooms of Europe what EVER besides self destruction. I mean, we gotta die eventually, why not LIVE while we ware here??????? He has the AVENUE>.. many of us do not
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:28pm by Tumbled »  

Remember to keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your feet on the ground, your eye on the ball, your ear to the ground, your finger on the pulse, your head on your shoulders, the pedal to the metal, a song in your heart, your hand on the helm and the bull by the horns

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #12 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:50pm
People destroy themselves because they feel unworthy.  Look at Brian Wilson.

The Stones will not replace Ronnie.  My read is if he's not in shape to tour, there won't be one.  Hate to be negative, but it's too late to change the front line or Charlie.

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:54pm
I feel sorry for Ronnie in many ways.  It's one thing to fall flat on your face.  We all have.  But to do it in public with people you will never know watching.  Well, it has to make the recovery from the fall that much more difficult.

If the allegations are true and charges brought - only the other Stones know what his professional future will be.  His personal life just seems an utter mess.  I hope for his sake that he can find a way back from the brink.  Cause otherwise it's just too sad.

IP Logged

Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Reply #14 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 12:14am
i get a feeling that if he is sacked - the demise will be even quicker.
Just hope our boys and get it together.

I didnt know Keith and Ron had a falling out ...
was it over how he treated Jo ?
piss off

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:03am
Actually all of this controversy might sell more tickets. Ouch!

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:58am
What a coincidence: I have the paper in front of me. It’s actually made the front page!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 8:07am
Gimme Shelter wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:03am:
Actually all of this controversy might sell more tickets. Ouch!

I was thinking the same thing.

Do we have an accurate account of how many times some kind of Stones controversy has been followed-up by a successful tour?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #18 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 8:44am
Such a pathetically sad story. Imagine what any of us would give up to have the talent and opportunities in life Ronnie has had? The future is hard to see as far as the band is concerned but maybe Ronnie can rally himself for one last triumph over his deamons. They won't replace him with anyone who would show Keith's evident decline either though Jeff Beck seems so right for the job now.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 9:22am
I know I've been banging the "Fire him now" drum around here for awhile, but the more it becomes a possibility, the less it pleases me. What a basketcase.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 9:36am
Gimme Shelter wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:03am:
Actually all of this controversy might sell more tickets.

That's doubtful.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2009 at 9:44am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:00am
I'm always wondering what Charlie thinks of his bandmates...my guess: something in the direction of 'what a bunch of morons'.

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #22 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:15am
Teiz wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:00am:
I'm always wondering what Charlie thinks of his bandmates...my guess: something in the direction of 'what a bunch of morons'.

I don't know about that ... He quietly went through a very difficult time in the mid-'80s, so my guess is he's got more compassion than that.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #23 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:16am
My hope for Ronnie is that he makes peace with his family before he dies and that they don't blame themselves when he does.  Dylan's great "I Threw It All Away" best describes Ronnie's current situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xGTanXvfs
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:18am by Ginda »  

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #24 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:42am
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 8:44am:
Such a pathetically sad story. Imagine what any of us would give up to have the talent and opportunities in life Ronnie has had? The future is hard to see as far as the band is concerned but maybe Ronnie can rally himself for one last triumph over his deamons. They won't replace him with anyone who would show Keith's evident decline either though Jeff Beck seems so right for the job now.

A bit too high-profile, Waddy Wachtel would be easier to blend in I think, he'd probably be playing from the back though so he doesn't scare off the front rows...a haircut might help too.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #25 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:29pm
Deathgod wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 12:14am:
i get a feeling that if he is sacked - the demise will be even quicker.
Just hope our boys and get it together.

I didnt know Keith and Ron had a falling out ...
was it over how he treated Jo ?
piss off

Hard to say, as the band havent done anything in public together for so long (cant imagine it helped, however - Jo has (justifiably) been highly regarded in the Stones camp as she's been so good for Ronnie), but Keith & Ronnie's relationship hasnt really been the same since the start of the Licks tour. Apparently Ronnie's then-sobriety and reluctance to party like he used to was a source of frustration for his 'big brother'...  Roll Eyes

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #26 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:52pm
Quote:
...but Keith & Ronnie's relationship hasnt really been the same since the start of the Licks tour. Apparently Ronnie's then-sobriety and reluctance to party like he used to was a source of frustration for his 'big brother'...  Roll Eyes

weren't they both heavy on the sauce when the cocoanut incident happend?  Let's go get drunk

......&&
&&
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." &&Hunter S Thompson
&&

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #27 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:53pm
Ronnie and Keith cooled about six ro so years ago when Wood was being very open about being on the wagon and Keith lost his drink n drug buddy. (I believe Keith was still enjoying coke regularly back then)

Then with Ronnie's poor treatment of Joe - who it has been said Keith liked, that pushed Keith away even further.  

Now we have Mick attempting to police between the two, and appearing to have grown much closer to Charlie (and I hear Bill) in recent years.

If the money wasn't so good, and the chance for teh ego-feeding tens of thousands of screaming fans during the performance, Mick would have dumped this drama years ago.

He might do that yet...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:55pm
" ...... hope for Ronnie is that he makes peace with his family before he dies and that they don't blame themselves when he does.   "

< ------ Your negativity upsets me and causes great pain .  Did you mean for young Joey to scream ?

Man , you SAID it Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins  ...... oh , Little Fiji )

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***&&...&&&&&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #29 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:07pm
open-g wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:52pm:
Quote:
...but Keith & Ronnie's relationship hasnt really been the same since the start of the Licks tour. Apparently Ronnie's then-sobriety and reluctance to party like he used to was a source of frustration for his 'big brother'...  Roll Eyes

weren't they both heavy on the sauce when the cocoanut incident happend?  Let's go get drunk

Yep. Maybe with hindsight things are a lot safer when they dont talk or hang out together!

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Bingo
Rocks Off Regular

Exiled from IORR

Reply #30 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 3:47pm
Ronnie could be one of those personalities that doesn't care he's throwing it all away. He had it, he basked in it, now fuck it, it's all gone, it was a good run. He may delight in the fact that people can't believe he's throwing it away.

Sometimes things, especially art, is more important to the observer then it is the artist.

Doesn't have a point of view
knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #31 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 4:25pm
Zack wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:50pm:
People destroy themselves because they feel unworthy.  Look at Brian Wilson.

The Stones will not replace Ronnie.  My read is if he's not in shape to tour, there won't be one.  Hate to be negative, but it's too late to change the front line or Charlie.

My friend Zack, I agree 100%. I can't see any such big change in the Stones at this point of time.
However, I have this feeling 2010 is going to see Woody getting a quick rehab again and trying to pull himself together... Better be serious this time Ronnie  Ouch!

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #32 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 4:49pm
'Quick' rehabs are no fucking good. They just delay the inevitable trainwreck that invariably follows a few months later. And a rehab mightn't be enough to convince any investor in a tour that hes worth the risk from an insurance perspective.

How many rehabs has he had now? Seven? Eight?

And they usually last a couple of weeks - he treats them as if its a holiday in Butlins.

That suggests a man who either isn't serious about sorting his problems out or is in total denial.

Maybe the realisation that on this occasion he's TOTALLY fucked his life up - no loyal long-suffering wife to run back to, a family who are mostly estranged from him and no band if he doesnt change the habits of a lifetime - will be what he does next different this time.

This cat's running out of lives, unfortunately. How he reacts to this will either kill him or cure him IMO.

The ball's in his court.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #33 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 5:03pm
Dump Wood, Get Jeff Beck, and if Keith only plays rhythm and Jeff handles all the leads, the Stones could enter a new Golden Age.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #34 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 8:47am
Holden wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 5:03pm:
Dump Wood, Get Jeff Beck, and if Keith only plays rhythm and Jeff handles all the leads, the Stones could enter a new Golden Age.

I agree ... Even if Ronnie gets his act together for his own sake -- I hope he does -- I still think they need to make a change musically. Fact is, he's simply not a competent guitar player anymore.

IP Logged

Bingo
Rocks Off Regular

Exiled from IORR

Reply #35 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 9:38am
Neither is Keith. He poses more then Paris Hilton walking into a club.

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 9:40am
Roster changes at this stage? I don't know. Up until very recently I said I would not check it out if they tour with anyone other than Ronnie on guitar and I know better: of course I'll see the show. But I don't think a different dude on lead would bring any ground breaking differences. It's too late in the game, though it would be cool if they'd bring back Fat Mick for a gig or two (and I know it is not very likely).

When I saw them in 07 I was pretty certain that it was my last ever Stones gig and I'm cool with that. Of course, one always hopes for more...but the quality isn't going up. Not even with Beck added to the fold.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #37 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:05am
" Neither is Keith. He poses more then Paris Hilton walking into a club. "

< -------  Christ , that is postin' on loan from GOD right there !!!!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***&&...&&&&&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #38 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:15am
I'm in the "it's too late in the game for a lineup change" camp.
Won't happen.

What I do see is a reconciliation between Ronnie and Jo; another stint in Rehab and out on the road with Jo (with Mick's blessing) as his "minder".

I'm not ready to say goodbye; I don't think I'll ever be.

LJ.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:38am
LadyJane wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:15am:
I'm in the "it's too late in the game for a lineup change" camp.
Won't happen.

What I do see is a reconciliation between Ronnie and Jo; another stint in Rehab and out on the road with Jo (with Mick's blessing) as his "minder".

I'm not ready to say goodbye; I don't think I'll ever be.

LJ.

The line up change 'wont happen' in the same sense that it didnt happen with Bill. One member left, and wasnt replaced.

The decision in this case, may end up being taken out of the band's hands. They have plans to tour in the near future (certainly within the next 9 months). One band member's ability to get medical insurance to do so is a matter of concern. Its a huge deal when youre embarking on a multi-million dollar undertaking where sponsors and promoters will want some security on their huge guarantees.

If Ronnie can't get past this hurdle, then the Stones are left with only two options. Either they tour without him, or they don't tour at all. If he's deemed medically uninsureable, then they CANT tour with him even if they want to - well, they could I suppose, but it would be incredibly foolish to tour without medical cover and they'd stand to lose millions if something happened.

Its quite bizarre and pretty ridiculous when you think about it that the touring future of the band may depend on whether or not Jo Wood agrees to go back on her earlier and quite logical decision to move on with her life and  deciding instead to forgive and forget.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2009 at 11:29am by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #40 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:51am

"The line up change 'wont happen' in the same sense that it didnt happen with Bill. One member left, and wasnt replaced."

A LOT has changed since Bill's departure.
I just don't see them bringing in a new guitar player at this point.
I hate to think or even type this but my bet is No Ronnie, No Tour.

But really wtf do I know???

Hope for the best, I guess.
And "the best" is for Ronnie to get his friggin act together before we are posting in his Obit thread.  Oh no! not you again

LJ.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #41 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 11:48am
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:42am:
gimmekeef wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 8:44am:

A bit too high-profile, Waddy Wachtel would be easier to blend in I think, he'd probably be playing from the back though so he doesn't scare off the front rows...a haircut might help too.

Hell if Keith doesnt scare the front rows nobody would...lmaooo

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #42 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 12:33pm
LadyJane wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 10:51am:

"The line up change 'wont happen' in the same sense that it didnt happen with Bill. One member left, and wasnt replaced."

A LOT has changed since Bill's departure.
I just don't see them bringing in a new guitar player at this point.
I hate to think or even type this but my bet is No Ronnie, No Tour.

But really wtf do I know???

Hope for the best, I guess.
And "the best" is for Ronnie to get his friggin act together before we are posting in his Obit thread.  Oh no! not you again

LJ.  

The main difference since 1992 is that theyve become more focussed than ever on being a corporation that on being a band.

Bearing that in mind, every decision the Stones take is based primarily with profits in mind. Even on the last tour, on the two occasions where they gave fans a free or cheap show to go to (Copacabana and the Beacon), the motive was financial in the long run because the shows were being filmed for commercial release.

In the last few years, even Keith has gone back on previous statements about being down to the last four core members now by stating that as far as he's concerned, only he and Mick are irreplaceable.

The bottom line is that, as far as they're concerned, any 'weak link' in the chain that gets in their way of maximising profit is expendable. Even it doesn't look right to everyone else and even if it detracts from their musical legacy.

Agree with your last point. We can only hope the poor guy can see sense and sort his health and his life out. I don't think Mick and Keith's patience is inexhaustible however.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #43 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:04pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 12:33pm:
In the last few years, even Keith has gone back on previous statements about being down to the last four core members now by stating that as far as he's concerned, only he and Mick are irreplaceable.

I think I would have remembered hearing Keith talking like this. When did he say this?

As for Ronnie, I think I could go see a Stones show without him, but we're also talking about Charlie here, and I can't believe Keith would consider Charlie expendable.  Shit!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:31pm
Stones Inc does appear to be falling apart after many many great years.

If they are able to cobble together another tour - it's gonna be the last time.

All of this talk of Wood's health and no talk of Keith?  He may in fact be in the poorest health of the bunch!  Certainly his playing is of the most diminished quality - and it pains me to say so but that is the irrefutable fact.

And does Charlie want another world tour?  I think not.  There will be much negotiation between he and Mick regarding the size and scope of the next outing - if it takes place at all.

There appears to be initial planning for something taking place in the coming year - but what, if anything transpires from that is at present impossible to say at the moment as the Stones themselves likely have little idea, to say nothing of the people around them.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #45 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:39pm
Edith Grove wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:04pm:

I think I would have remembered hearing Keith talking like this. When did he say this?

As for Ronnie, I think I could go see a Stones show without him, but we're also talking about Charlie here, and I can't believe Keith would consider Charlie expendable.  Shit!

Interview in either Mojo or Uncut before the last tour. The context was when he was asked what would have happened had Charlie's cancer been fatal.

Was pretty stunned to read it too, but he definitely said it.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

captainglassback
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Welcoming back Mick Taylor is not such a big change.  I don't believe that there is any rush anyway.  No way is MJ thick enough to plan a Tour in 2010....a year that will see the real economic punishment of the banking failures hit all of our pockets with collapsing global  markets.  I truly hope that I am wrong on the economic front but am desperate to buy a ticket to see the real Mick n Keef!!

IP Logged

dadrob
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #47 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:43pm
my guess is that they wil never do anything again...just leave it..keith barely played for the last few tours, ronnie is outta hand etc....Why diminish the legacy with an ugly tour?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #48 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:49pm
SemiahmooDude wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:31pm:

All of this talk of Wood's health and no talk of Keith?  He may in fact be in the poorest health of the bunch!  Certainly his playing is of the most diminished quality - and it pains me to say so but that is the irrefutable fact.
And does Charlie want another world tour?  I think not.  There will be much negotiation between he and Mick regarding the size and scope of the next outing - if it takes place at all.

There appears to be initial planning for something taking place in the coming year - but what, if anything transpires from that is at present impossible to say at the moment as the Stones themselves likely have little idea, to say nothing of the people around them.

The thing is, that if they're deemed fit to tour, then their performance capabilities are only relevant if you and I choose whether to buy a ticket or not because of it.

Keith's health is something we don't know about simply because unlike Woody he's generally chosen to not be tabloid fodder for the last 18 months.  You could theoretically say the same about the other two. I'd imagine that we'd never have known in August 2004 that Charlie had throat cancer unless someone at the Sunday People had got a tip off that he was going radiotherapy sessions.

The fact is that Keith doesnt need to go into rehab every couple of years to get medical clearance to tour. Ronnie does. You could surmise from that that while Keith's intake is possibly enough to kill a small horse, it hasn't affected his body to the degree that Ronnie's has affected his. His diminishing chops are probably as much to do with arthritis and having to take anti-seizure medication which was the case for the final  year of the last tour.

I really hope that Charlie's influence in the scale and scope of the next tour is as significant as you're hoping for. I genuinely dont think they have another long tour in them.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:51pm by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:54pm
dadrob wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:43pm:
my guess is that they wil never do anything again...just leave it..keith barely played for the last few tours, ronnie is outta hand etc....Why diminish the legacy with an ugly tour?

They will do what they have to do for another $day.

IP Logged

Doxa
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #50 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:03pm
Bearing that in mind, every decision the Stones take is based primarily with profits in mind. Even on the last tour, on the two occasions where they gave fans a free or cheap show to go to (Copacabana and the Beacon), the motive was financial in the long run because the shows were being filmed for commercial release.

Funny though, even the free show at Altamont 'some' years ago had that commercial aspect in mind... Surely there were other motives as well, but  that is what some of the people involved with the project claim these days (that was news to me before the 40th Anniversary thing).

- Doxa
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:17pm by Doxa »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #51 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:05pm
Good to see ya posting here again, Doxa.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #52 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:12pm
I wish I gave a fuck as far as if they tour again... I wish Ronnie the best, but whether or not they tour over him is moot. I don't know why I don't care... actually i do... I love them, but the tix are too high, and this BS whether or not Ronie tours... I just won't pay $500 to se them again... I know one thing, they won't be any better live, regardless of drugs or age ect... I knew it was over in Oakland 2006. It would take many facotrs to get me to a Stones show, and $$$ and quality are my bottom line...

IP Logged

Doxa
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:46pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:05pm:
Good to see ya posting here again, Doxa.

Thanks, Gazza. My stories at IORR turned to be more repitive and boring than the Cohl-era Vegas Stones set lists so I decided  to take a little walk around Stonesland and see what is going on elsewhere.. Besides this place might be a more suitable place for a bad-mouth like me... Wink

- Doxa

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #54 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:03pm
"anti-seizure medication" ? Ouch, was that related to the coconut incident?

What they should try to do is mini-tours like McCartney is doing these days, 6 or 7 dates twice a year. Obviously that won't gross as much but if they have any interest left in keeping the flame burning that shouldn't be a problem.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #55 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:15pm
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:03pm:

What they should try to do is mini-tours like McCartney is doing these days, 6 or 7 dates twice a year. Obviously that won't gross as much but if they have any interest left in keeping the flame burning that shouldn't be a problem.

Unfortunately that's not their style and it doesn't seem very likely they'll try it at this point.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #56 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:17pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:49pm:
SemiahmooDude wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 1:31pm:

All of this talk of Wood's health and no talk of Keith?  He may in fact be in the poorest health of the bunch!  Certainly his playing is of the most diminished quality - and it pains me to say so but that is the irrefutable fact.
And does Charlie want another world tour?  I think not.  There will be much negotiation between he and Mick regarding the size and scope of the next outing - if it takes place at all.

The thing is, that if they're deemed fit to tour, then their performance capabilities are only relevant if you and I choose whether to buy a ticket or not because of it.

Keith's health is something we don't know about simply because unlike Woody he's generally chosen to not be tabloid fodder for the last 18 months.  You could theoretically say the same about the other two. I'd imagine that we'd never have known in August 2004 that Charlie had throat cancer unless someone at the Sunday People had got a tip off that he was going radiotherapy sessions.

The fact is that Keith doesnt need to go into rehab every couple of years to get medical clearance to tour. Ronnie does. You could surmise from that that while Keith's intake is possibly enough to kill a small horse, it hasn't affected his body to the degree that Ronnie's has affected his. His diminishing chops are probably as much to do with arthritis and having to take anti-seizure medication which was the case for the final  year of the last tour.

I really hope that Charlie's influence in the scale and scope of the next tour is as significant as you're hoping for. I genuinely dont think they have another long tour in them.

___

Agreed - Keith barely limped home during the last outing.  Even Mick seemed dog tired at times.  The guys were well into their 60s and still trying ot pull off a high energy show for a two-year stretch. That was insanity then - and even more so now.

I say back to basics.  Evolve into a more blues-centered performance.  Do arena shows with plenty of time between to lessen the road grind.  Maybe just 12 or so shows in the US and same in Europe.  No more monster tours for these guys - they just don't have it in them, particularly Keith, Ron, and Charlie.  Mick could probably pull it off as he is some kind of non-human timeless marvel, but even he over the long haul would be tested to the breaking point.  He would be pushing 70 by the time this latest tour wound down.

More bluesy low key shows - the type that made up the best parts of the Shine a Light film/performance.

If they planned it right, this tour could be a totally transformative one for the Stones allowing them another decade of artistic possibilities.

Dump the mega tour rock spectacle crap boys.

Just bring it down to the music and the personalities.

Leave the top gross to acts like U2.

Leave some of the best blues-rock music legacy to yourselves - the fucking Rolling Stones...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #57 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm

Yes. Keith mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that he gave up cocaine after the Fiji incident because of the anti-seizure medication he's had to take since the accident. He even gave the name of it - Dilantin. (It's also known as Phenytoin)

Side effects of that drug include sedation and problems with co-ordination. Without wishing to act like I REALLY know what the fuck I'm talking about, it might go a bit towards explaining the occasional 'absences' he got during some shows post-Fiji (especially in the early parts of the Fall 2006 and Summer 2007 legs) and some erratic playing. He even fell over onstage on the European leg (Helsinki I think) and almost fell off the stage at a show I saw in Madrid. It would probably also explain why he stopped playing guitar while singing during his solo spot from September 2006 onwards.

Hopefully he's a lot more stable now. He was certainly on very good form by the time the tour ended in London.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2009 at 7:56pm by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #58 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:31pm
Thanks !

Looks like we got another vote for the "McCartney-like" mini-tours, the Stones used to copy the Beatles, here's another think they could nick Wink

Problem is all the "crew" though, dozens if not hundreds of people depend on the Stones for their livelihood and certainly can't wait for another "mega-tour" to get rolling. In 1998 when they cancelled the UK tour for "tax reasons", Mick made it sound like he was ok with the unplanned taxes, but "others" were not. Not sure if that was the other Stones, their advisors...I had a sense the crew was also concerned. And we know how that ended, the first tour without an album in 1999 and ridiculously expensive tickets...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #59 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 6:12pm
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:31pm:
Thanks !

Looks like we got another vote for the "McCartney-like" mini-tours, the Stones used to copy the Beatles, here's another think they could nick Wink

Problem is all the "crew" though, dozens if not hundreds of people depend on the Stones for their livelihood and certainly can't wait for another "mega-tour" to get rolling. In 1998 when they cancelled the UK tour for "tax reasons", Mick made it sound like he was ok with the unplanned taxes, but "others" were not. Not sure if that was the other Stones, their advisors...I had a sense the crew was also concerned. And we know how that ended, the first tour without an album in 1999 and ridiculously expensive tickets...

I'm not so sure that so many people 'depend' on the Stones. Do these people hang around and not work for years on end when the Stones dont work? No. They get hired by other people. The Stones are like a big multi national which exists for a couple of years at a time, employs hundreds of people - and then shuts down almost completely for the next 3 years.

When they postponed the '98 tour, the official excuse was that it was to prevent the crew from paying hideous amounts of retrospective tax. Q magazine soon exposed that for the nonsense that it was.  Most of their crew were US taxpayers who werent liable for income tax in the UK. The tour was postponed because Woody and Charlie voted for it to be postponed. Mick wanted the tour to go ahead but was outvoted (Keith abstained as being a US resident, he wasnt affected by the change in UK tax legislation)

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #60 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 6:19pm
Thanks again, well that takes care of the core reason that led to the current (ridiculous if you ask me) situation, Ronnie and Charlie...one of them has to "pay" for leading the band down that pathetic road musically speaking, looks like he's come forth too  War horses couldn't drag me away (more than a warhorse this smiley looks to me like flogging a dead horse !)

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 7:17pm

Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones Dump Guitarist Ron Wood
Written by Abel Rodriguez
Story written: 19 December 2009

The statue of Admiral Horatio Nelson which
sits in Ron Wood's Ruxley Tower's backyard.

LONDON - First Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood dumps his Russian-born 20-year-old girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova and now it appears by all accounts that the 62-year-old is being dumped by his band, The Rolling Stones.

When Wood was asked why he was being fired by the Stones he smiled, took a puff of his cigarette, and simply shrugged his shoulders.

It has been no secret that the band members as well as most of Ron's relatives and friends have never taken to his 20-year-old Russian Barbie Doll.

Ron always insisted that the 42 year age difference was no big deal. Fellow band mate Keith Richards reminded him that she was born in 1989 for goodness sakes.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 68, recently said that Kit Kat as they all call her had never even heard of The Who, The Animals, The Kinks, or even Herman's Hermits.

She thought that David Frost was a type of beer. And she once told Ronnie that she would like to go and see Monty Python's Flying Circus whenever they come to town because she loves lions, and tigers, and seeing a dozen clowns squeeze into a tiny little car.

Ron's favorite uncle, Biffy Ludgate said that Ronnie had been feeling depressed about having had to dump Kit Kat. He said that Ronnie had confided in him that he really missed her sense of humor, her fantastically sexy body, and the funny little names she would always use when referring to her bearded taco and his wingy wangy.

Biffy remarked, "I tingk it was all just a might much for da lad. I know he wuz very depressed and 'ad refused to eat 'is favorite meal fish and chips.

Ronnie also got friggin tired of Kit Kat pointing 'er blimey 22 pistol at 'im ev'ry time he would tell 'er to shut up bitch, pipe down slut, or shut your bloomin' crumpet hole ya yeast mill tart."

Wood says that even if the Rolling Stones do dump him he is still going to show up at all of the concert dates in 2010 and get up on stage and play the songs.

SIDENOTE: When Mick Jagger, 66, was told of Ron's remark about the concert tour he replied, "Look chum, we ain't avin Ron on our tour. Ron sezz things dat da bloke duzzent really mean. The chap sez diz and he sez dat and it's really all just gobsmack innit?"

www.thespoof.com/news

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #62 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 9:00am
You can always count on Charlie to go shooting his mouth off to the press.       Wink

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #63 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 1:43pm

This article's no spoof, just more of the same with a different picture...

Rolling Stones considering replacement for guitarist Ronnie Wood
By Sophie Eager Dec 21, 2009, 15:15 GMT

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood leaves his house in north London, UK, and heads to another house in east London, which is above an art gallery.
He gets out of his car, walks to a coffee shop next door to the house, discovers it's shut and goes back to the house. - Matt Keeble / Splash News

British band The Rolling Stones are reportedly considering a replacement for guitarist Ronnie Wood.

Mick Jagger, 66, is looking for somebody else to play guitar in the band instead of Wood, 61.

Wood recently split with his girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova, 21, after 18 months and their split came just days after he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her.

A pal of the band said: 'It's one thing to say 'let's have the Stones frightening the grannies, let's all be debauched and wild,' but it's just not acceptable to have one seen choking his girlfriend.

'There are two things you can't be seen to do, which is hit women and get involved with under-age girls. Thanks to Ronnie and Billy Wyman [who seduced 13-year-old Mandy Smith whom he later married], Mick has had a full house now.'

The pal added: 'Mick tried to intervene right at the start of the relationship with Katya.

'There was a plan to set up Katya [Ekaterina's nickname] in a flat in Tottenham Court Road, get Ronnie to rehab and then lead him back to Jo.

'Mick has always relied on Jo to be his conduit through to Ronnie - he has relied on her to get Ronnie to work, to keep him well enough to pass a medical for the tour.

'Without Jo, Ronnie would never have managed to go on tour; you can't do it unless you have insurance, and you won't get insurance without the medical. It's always been up to Jo to get him through all that.

'All communication has gone through Jo for years, so now Mick has really washed his hands of Ronnie. The feeling is that he can't come back after this one. Ronnie's always been a bit lost and, without Jo, nobody can reach him.'

www.monstersandcritics.com

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2009 at 2:38pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #64 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 2:10pm
Mick J should have Mick T on speed dial.

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #65 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 2:22pm
That article is a rewrite of the one that was posted at the beginning of this thread, I hope they gave due credit.

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #66 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 3:58pm
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 21st, 2009 at 2:22pm:
That article is a rewrite of the one that was posted at the beginning of this thread, I hope they gave due credit.

yes, it sure is a rewrite.
only these guys make it "Stones are reportedly considering a replacement"

reportedly only because The Daily Mail had come up with this bs. first
they, at least, put a frigging questionmark behind their speculation.

I wonder when Mick comes out of the woodworks and thanks the "press" for kindly letting him know that Ron's gonna get sacked.
just like he got to know that Charlie had quit and will never play with the Stones again.   Blank Frigging StareShit! Ouch!  Oh no! not you again

I know there's much to worry about Ron passing his medical tests - but this shit is way over the top, imho.

now lets all sing this:

Artist: TBA
Song: Ronnie May

Ronnie May
Intro: Mandolin

Wake up Ronnie I think I've got something to say to you
It's late December and you really should be back at Stones-school
I know you wanna keep yourself amused But I feel we're being used
Oh Ronnie you can try once more
You ran away from home just to save you from drinking a--lone
You stole our hearts, and that's what really hurts

The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none, in my eyes you're everything
We laughed at all your jokes, my bucks you didn't need to coax
Oh Ronnie you could have tried a bit more

You lured her away from home just to save you from drinking a--lone
You stole our soul that's a pain we can do without

All you need is a friend who lends a guiding hand
But you turned into a motherfucking lover and wore yourself out
All you did was wreck your bed and in the morning had an aching head
Oh Ronnie you could have tried a bit more

You lured her away from home 'cause you didn't want to drink alone
You stole our hearts we couldn't leave you if we tried

Solo 1:
Em7 A D G
Em D G D

I suppose you should collect your medicals and get back to school
Or steal Keith Richards's cue make a living out of playing pool
Or find yourself a rock and roll band that needs a helping hand
Oh Ronnie, I wish I'd seen you with the faces

You made a first class fool out of yourself, but your as blind as a fool can be
You stole our hearts but we love you any--way

Solo 2:
Em7 A D G

Outro Chords:
Em G D

END  really?

......&&
&&
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." &&Hunter S Thompson
&&

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 4:01pm
No way MT is going to replace Ronnie for a tour.  If Ronnie can't get insured, how is a guy that just canceled his OWN tour last year for his own poor health going to get insured.  No way, no how.  Stones tours are too big and too much money on the line for that kind of risk.

I can say this from experience.  I'm on anti seizure meds, not Dilantin in my case Topamax, and they do have some odd side effects especially for the first year.  I will say things backwards, forget what I'm saying in mid sentence and my speech will be slurred just like I had a tequilla bender all while perfectly sober.  It took me a full year to get any where near normal again.  Keith's injury sounds as if it were more serious.  He may very well be playing better now than he did at the end of the last tour.  The brain takes time to rewire itself after an event like that.

My son's battle buddy in Iraq had a horrible head injury.  It's been nearly two years and he is just now able to walk without a cane.  This might interest y'all to know though - even the military uses music as therapy for head injuries.  Guys and gals that play an instrument are encouraged to get right back to it.  And if they don't play an instrument they teach them to play Guitar Hero.  Music forces the use of both sides of the brain and gets that rewiring process going.

Knowing that - I'm sure Keith is up to task.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #68 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 10:04am
Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood cautioned for assault

Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, 62, has been cautioned by police for common assault following an incident in Surrey earlier this month.

The incident took place in Claygate High Street in Esher on 2 December.

It is understood a passer-by dialled 999 as a violent argument took place between Wood and his 21-year-old on-off girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova.

In November, the rock star was divorced by his wife Jo on the grounds of his admitted adultery.

Alcohol addiction

The couple, who share two children, split in 2008 after 24 years of marriage.

Although divorce documents, which were made public, did not mention Ivanova by name, their relationship was widely reported.

The Russian former waitress has since spoken of their break-up.

In July 2008, the guitarist was admitted to a rehabilitation centre for help with his long-established alcohol addiction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8426893.stm
Updated 15.24 GMT

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #69 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 10:07am
A good time for ... "Fire him!"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #70 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:36am
I see Ronnie still hasn't gotten rid of that God awful ugly coat. stu watching how stupid we are LOL

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #71 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:36am
No Wood=No Stones
"This is a guitar band"-Keith Richards quote
There's no one who could put up with Keith other than Ronnie
for a long period of time, such as a tour would take.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #72 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:39am

"Police Caution"

So Ronnie admitted guilt?
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:41am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Jesus Christ
Rocks Off Regular

Let he who is without
sin cast the first stone.

Heaven
Reply #73 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 12:24pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:36am:
I see Ronnie still hasn't gotten rid of that God awful ugly coat. stu watching how stupid we are LOL

I used to have a coat like that in the 70s. I believe they were called "CPO jackets".

I hated it then. I hate it now.

That coat is reason enough to fire him.

...&&&&"Hey, JC go fuck yourself you little bitch!" - Riffhard&&&&"...Jesus was...a tranny. " - Nankerphelge&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #74 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:00pm
Jesus Christ wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 12:24pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:36am:

I used to have a coat like that in the 70s. I believe they were called "CPO jackets".

I hated it then. I hate it now.

That coat is reason enough to fire him.

Set the friggin' coat on fire - that'll do ...and leave Ron alone!   Oh no! not you again

......&&
&&
&&

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #75 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:02pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm:

Yes. Keith mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that he gave up cocaine after the Fiji incident because of the anti-seizure medication he's had to take since the accident. He even gave the name of it - Dilantin. (It's also known as Phenytoin)

Side effects of that drug include sedation and problems with co-ordination. Without wishing to act like I REALLY know what the fuck I'm talking about, it might go a bit towards explaining the occasional 'absences' he got during some shows post-Fiji (especially in the early parts of the Fall 2006 and Summer 2007 legs) and some erratic playing. He even fell over onstage on the European leg (Helsinki I think) and almost fell off the stage at a show I saw in Madrid. It would probably also explain why he stopped playing guitar while singing during his solo spot from September 2006 onwards.

Hopefully he's a lot more stable now. He was certainly on very good form by the time the tour ended in London.

Yeah I think he kind of pulled through in that respect. I always think of this passage in the 2008 GQ interview with Keith RIchards:

Any secrets you will take to the grave?
I'll let you know. You need to be there on the deathbed! I'm not looking forward to dying, but I'm not really looking forward to living. [laughs]

Why? You're not gonna die soon.
Well, I feel like I have to defy it now. There were plenty of times I could've given up the ghost. But it just seemed such a cheap way out.

What does? OD'ing or something?
Yeah. Just kind of that "Fuck it, don't do anything about it.… I don't want to go through it, the shit of building me back again." But at the same time, I tried my best to test this thing, and it still beats me. It says, "No! You're around for a little bit longer, boy." And I say, "Oh shit. I mean, okay."

In moments like that—moments when you are in a dark place, moments when you are at the edge—who is your one phone call? Who do you call in that moment?
I'd say Patti. Yeah. [pause] I mean, I woulda said me mum until last year, but dammit, she croaked on me.

You—Keith Richards—would call your mother in those dark moments?
If it was bad, I would, yeah. Just to let her know. But unfortunately she didn't live. [pause] Me mum, that's another thing, man. [Gets choked up] I went… I went… We knew me mum was going, and so my daughter Angela says, "Dad, take the guitar out. Play to her. Go into her room." So I went up there and sat on the hospital bed and played my best. And she's out on morphine, anyway, unconscious. And I played the old songs, the old dance-hall songs. The next morning, she came out of her sleep for a moment, and my daughter was there and asked her, "Did you hear Daddy play for you last night?" And me mum says, "Yeah, he was out of tune." [laughs] So let's put it that way—my family is… There's never a giving moment.

Always taking the piss out.
Yeah, all the way. Yeah. The last thing I said to me pa was "Save a seat for me at the bar, mate." I had to see him off, too. [sighs] It's rough. But then, it's normal. I mean, the last thing my dad said to me before he went was "At least things are going in their natural order."

Of course. It's terrible to bury a child.
Yeah, I've done that. [sighs…silence] The things they throw at you. [Pallenberg and Richards lost their third child weeks after he was born, in 1976.]

What's been the hardest thing they throw at you?
Tomorrow. [laughs]

I got the impression after having to clean up after all this time, he was contemplating just saying "fuck it" and going out with a huge blast of junk. Then, thankfully and wisely, he decided not to. Ron's at a similar precipice and seems to be leaning to the other option. I could see that causing a rift. It's no secret he was a cunt hair away, pardon my french, from being sacked before Licks.  If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan.

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #76 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:25pm
Remember that one; that was an unbelievably candid interview.

It forces me to back off when I want to throttle him for being unproductive, erratic, or whatever.

You know what: He's Keith Richards. If he wanted to quit right now, he owes us nothing.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #77 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm
From today's Daily Mail: 22/12/09

Ronnie Wood's girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova 'was cheating on him with male model'

By Sarah Nathan      

The Russian waitress dumped by Ronnie Wood was allegedly seeing a male model 40 years his junior while they were dating.
Since her split with the Rolling Stones guitarist last month, Ekaterina Ivanova has been comforted by Dan Turner, 22, at his north London home and the pair are now a couple, the Daily Mail has learned.
They were first spotted cosying up together at trendy nightspot The Collection in South Kensington on Friday.

However, their 'friendship' stretches back over the past year - during Miss Ivanova's rocky 18-month relationship with 62-year-old Wood.
'When Kat started going out with Ronnie, she lost a lot of friends, but Dan was someone who never failed her,' a friend revealed. 'She has always trusted him.
'They met as they both share a lot of the same friends on the Camden scene. I can't say when their relationship turned to romance, but they are 100 per cent a couple now.
'They walk around holding hands and Kat is always at Dan's flat.'

Another source added: 'I don't think there is too much lost between Kat and Ronnie.
'She has been bragging, "I've already made £50,000 out of him" thanks to her magazine deals and interviews.
'Kat is very flirty, and her biggest dream is to be a model, but she and Dan do seem very keen on each other.'
Mr Turner, who works as a part-time model and a club promoter, runs a night called Cannibal, which draws a fashionable crowd in Shoreditch, east London.
When asked yesterday about his relationship with Miss Ivanova, he told the Daily Mail: 'I don't want to talk about it, sorry.'
A spokesman for Miss Ivanova, meanwhile, insisted Mr Turner 'was just an acquaintance' she met 'three times for a chat' while out with other friends.

Wood was heavily criticised for breaking up his marriage in order to date Ivanova
'Ekaterina and Dan have only become close friends since her split with Ronnie,' he added.
Following her split from the 62-year-old rocker, Miss Ivanova was quick to spill the beans on their tempestuous relationship.
In an interview with Hello! magazine last week, the 21-year-old described Wood as an 'evil goblin king'.
'The whole thing started off like a fairytale. But then it felt like an evil fairytale,' she said.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower, my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
'He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I'd be trapped there with an evil goblin king.'
The couple had been sharing a rented mock castle with a turret in Claygate, Surrey, until a drunken Wood allegedly attacked her in the street nearby.
Witnesses said they saw Wood 'choking' Miss Ivanova as he dragged her along the pavement by her hair and threatened her with a lit cigarette.
He was arrested and bailed until next month.
Miss Ivanova, who has been staying with her mother in a central London council flat since their split, will move to her own home in Camden in the new year.
Wood left his wife of 23 years, Jo, after he met the Russian

Two-timing? Ivanova and Dan Turner on Friday

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:46pm by Honky Tonk Man »  

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:50pm
She's beginning to morph into Cate Blanchett. Too bad she doesn't have even a fraction of the talent.

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #79 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm
Yeah what a surprise. Could see that one coming a mile off.
Speaking of which....from today:

LONDON (Reuters) - British singer Pete Doherty has been charged with possessing heroin and released on bail, police said on Tuesday, just a day after he was fined for drink-driving.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #80 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:04pm
polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm:
Yeah what a surprise. Could see that one coming a mile off.
Speaking of which....from today:

LONDON (Reuters) - British singer Pete Doherty has been charged with possessing heroin and released on bail, police said on Tuesday, just a day after he was fined for drink-driving.

Yes, I read that in the paper this morning. It's a shame, as - if recent interviews, etc, were anything to go by -  he'd really started to clean-up his act a bit.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #81 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:08pm
polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm:

...and a coupla weeks after his escapades in Germany.

Pete Doherty is charged with being Pete Doherty

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:18pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 3:02pm
She really is rather stunning, and quite remarkable tits!

Honky Tonk Man wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm:
From today's Daily Mail: 22/12/09

Ronnie Wood's girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova 'was cheating on him with male model'

By Sarah Nathan      

The Russian waitress dumped by Ronnie Wood was allegedly seeing a male model 40 years his junior while they were dating.
Since her split with the Rolling Stones guitarist last month, Ekaterina Ivanova has been comforted by Dan Turner, 22, at his north London home and the pair are now a couple, the Daily Mail has learned.
They were first spotted cosying up together at trendy nightspot The Collection in South Kensington on Friday.

However, their 'friendship' stretches back over the past year - during Miss Ivanova's rocky 18-month relationship with 62-year-old Wood.
'When Kat started going out with Ronnie, she lost a lot of friends, but Dan was someone who never failed her,' a friend revealed. 'She has always trusted him.
'They met as they both share a lot of the same friends on the Camden scene. I can't say when their relationship turned to romance, but they are 100 per cent a couple now.
'They walk around holding hands and Kat is always at Dan's flat.'

Another source added: 'I don't think there is too much lost between Kat and Ronnie.
'She has been bragging, "I've already made £50,000 out of him" thanks to her magazine deals and interviews.
'Kat is very flirty, and her biggest dream is to be a model, but she and Dan do seem very keen on each other.'
Mr Turner, who works as a part-time model and a club promoter, runs a night called Cannibal, which draws a fashionable crowd in Shoreditch, east London.
When asked yesterday about his relationship with Miss Ivanova, he told the Daily Mail: 'I don't want to talk about it, sorry.'
A spokesman for Miss Ivanova, meanwhile, insisted Mr Turner 'was just an acquaintance' she met 'three times for a chat' while out with other friends.

Wood was heavily criticised for breaking up his marriage in order to date Ivanova
'Ekaterina and Dan have only become close friends since her split with Ronnie,' he added.
Following her split from the 62-year-old rocker, Miss Ivanova was quick to spill the beans on their tempestuous relationship.
In an interview with Hello! magazine last week, the 21-year-old described Wood as an 'evil goblin king'.
'The whole thing started off like a fairytale. But then it felt like an evil fairytale,' she said.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower, my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
'He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I'd be trapped there with an evil goblin king.'
The couple had been sharing a rented mock castle with a turret in Claygate, Surrey, until a drunken Wood allegedly attacked her in the street nearby.
Witnesses said they saw Wood 'choking' Miss Ivanova as he dragged her along the pavement by her hair and threatened her with a lit cigarette.
He was arrested and bailed until next month.
Miss Ivanova, who has been staying with her mother in a central London council flat since their split, will move to her own home in Camden in the new year.
Wood left his wife of 23 years, Jo, after he met the Russian

Two-timing? Ivanova and Dan Turner on Friday

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #83 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 3:03pm
Amazing interview that was.

I do believe the death of his mom really set him into a contemplative state that continues to this day...

polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:02pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm:

Yeah I think he kind of pulled through in that respect. I always think of this passage in the 2008 GQ interview with Keith RIchards:

Any secrets you will take to the grave?
I'll let you know. You need to be there on the deathbed! I'm not looking forward to dying, but I'm not really looking forward to living. [laughs]

Why? You're not gonna die soon.
Well, I feel like I have to defy it now. There were plenty of times I could've given up the ghost. But it just seemed such a cheap way out.

What does? OD'ing or something?
Yeah. Just kind of that "Fuck it, don't do anything about it.… I don't want to go through it, the shit of building me back again." But at the same time, I tried my best to test this thing, and it still beats me. It says, "No! You're around for a little bit longer, boy." And I say, "Oh shit. I mean, okay."

In moments like that—moments when you are in a dark place, moments when you are at the edge—who is your one phone call? Who do you call in that moment?
I'd say Patti. Yeah. [pause] I mean, I woulda said me mum until last year, but dammit, she croaked on me.

You—Keith Richards—would call your mother in those dark moments?
If it was bad, I would, yeah. Just to let her know. But unfortunately she didn't live. [pause] Me mum, that's another thing, man. [Gets choked up] I went… I went… We knew me mum was going, and so my daughter Angela says, "Dad, take the guitar out. Play to her. Go into her room." So I went up there and sat on the hospital bed and played my best. And she's out on morphine, anyway, unconscious. And I played the old songs, the old dance-hall songs. The next morning, she came out of her sleep for a moment, and my daughter was there and asked her, "Did you hear Daddy play for you last night?" And me mum says, "Yeah, he was out of tune." [laughs] So let's put it that way—my family is… There's never a giving moment.

Always taking the piss out.
Yeah, all the way. Yeah. The last thing I said to me pa was "Save a seat for me at the bar, mate." I had to see him off, too. [sighs] It's rough. But then, it's normal. I mean, the last thing my dad said to me before he went was "At least things are going in their natural order."

Of course. It's terrible to bury a child.
Yeah, I've done that. [sighs…silence] The things they throw at you. [Pallenberg and Richards lost their third child weeks after he was born, in 1976.]

What's been the hardest thing they throw at you?
Tomorrow. [laughs]

I got the impression after having to clean up after all this time, he was contemplating just saying "fuck it" and going out with a huge blast of junk. Then, thankfully and wisely, he decided not to. Ron's at a similar precipice and seems to be leaning to the other option. I could see that causing a rift. It's no secret he was a cunt hair away, pardon my french, from being sacked before Licks.  If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #84 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 12:02pm

Ronnie's copped it over spat with Kat

By ANTHONY FRANCE
Published: Today

ROLLING STONE RONNIE WOOD was cautioned by cops yesterday after he admitted assaulting his former Russian lover in the street.

The rock star, 62, was arrested for hitting 21-year-old EKATERINA IVANOVA and trying to choke her.

A passer-by claimed he threatened to stub out a cigarette in her face before dragging her screaming along the pavement.

Police were alerted to the brawl near the couple's former home in Claygate, Surrey.

Alcoholic Woods went to Staines police station yesterday afternoon with his solicitor. By accepting a caution he had to admit his guilt, but will avoid court.

The arrest was the last chapter in a turbulent relationship between the ageing rocker and the former cocktail waitress, who split after the assault.

Police were called to the couple's £5million home in September after one row in which it was claimed Ekaterina, for whom Wood left his wife of more than 20 years, threatened to kill herself.

During the street row, Ekaterina is said to have been dragged 20ft by the collar of her blouse and jacket. She also suffered knee injuries.

Witness Celine Dixon told The Sun at the time: "We heard a woman screaming, then saw a man pinning her to the ground.

"He was shouting at her then we heard choking sounds so my boyfriend rushed out to help. When he got outside he saw it was Ronnie and Ekaterina."

Wood is said to have walked away, leaving Ekaterina crying in a shop doorway when challenged by Celine's boyfriend Phillip Legge.

Officers arrested Wood, who is worth an estimated £70million, at his home on suspicion of assault.

A police spokesman said: "A 62-year-old man from Esher has today been cautioned for common assault in connection with a domestic incident."

Ekaterina is believed to have returned to her mother's council flat in central London.

Earlier this month, the lapdancing bar where Wood met her was closed after a raid by vice squad officers.

www.thesun.co.uk

Guess that answers my "caution" question...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #85 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 9:37am
The footwear needs rehab too - who would want to insure a man who dresses like THIS???

Reeling Stone: Ronnie Wood's ex-lover is set for a £100,000 pay packet as she's lined up for Celebrity Big Brother

By Simon Cable and Marcus Barnes
Last updated at 12:55 PM on 26th December 2009

Tis the season to be jolly, but this Christmas is definitely not full of cheer for Ronnie Wood.
The wayward Rolling Stone, 62, spent Christmas alone after his recent split from 21-year-old Russian lover Ekaterina Ivanova.

And he will be reeling when he hears the news that she could be paid £100,000 to take part in next year's Celebrity Big Brother

Mix and match: Ronnie Wood in his fetching knitted jumper and scarf combo and bronze Ugg boots

According to reports the former cocktail waitress is being lined up by Channel 4 bosses hoping to inject some controversy into next month's last-ever show.
She will join a host of other celebrities, which may include former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson and Jordan's ex lovers Dane Bowers and Alex Reid.

An insider told The Sun newspaper: 'Ekaterina is just the type of feisty character we want on the show.

'She's also very high profile and will no doubt have some great gossip about what life was like living with one of Britain's biggest rock stars.

'I've no doubt Ronnie will come in for some stick. She'll also appeal to younger viewers as she's quite the style icon. And I'm sure a few older male fans will seek her out.'

Ronnie was pictured leaving his home on Christmas Day in a garish outfit.

The wayward Rolling Stone teamed a loud sweater with an equally flamboyant scarf and gold Ugg boots as he set out to a friend’s house for a meal.

Unkind observers suggested he was wearing every one of the few Christmas gifts he received.

Despite having parted from his young Russian lover, there was no family reunion for 62-year-old Wood

While his ex-wife Jo and children Leah and Tyrone spent the day together at home in Richmond, West London, Wood was at his rented home in Surrey before venturing into the winter cold.

Jo, who was with Wood for 23 years, has said that she is not interested in getting back together with him.

She says that she plans to remain single and wants to sell the family home and buy a flat in London.

Old times: Ronnie and Jo Wood before their split. He declined her invitation to spend Christmas with his family .

She was said to have invited him for Christmas lunch but he apparently declined the offer, saying: ‘What about the other 364 days of the year?’
The guitarist managed a smile today despite a turbulent few weeks which has seen him cautioned by police after being arrested for assault of his 21-year-old ex-girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova.
She told officers she did not wish to press charges against Wood after an early-hours row in which he allegedly tried to throttle her in the street.
At one point, it was alleged that he threatened to stub his cigarette out on her face and onlookers claimed they saw him screaming abuse and dragging her along the ground.

The former cocktail waitress has now moved back in with her mother, who lives in a small flat in central London.
The pair have since ended their 18-month romance and Miss Ivanova sold her story to Hello! magazine.

‘The whole thing started off like a fairy tale,’ she said. ‘But then it felt like an evil fairy tale.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
‘He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I’d be trapped there with an evil goblin king.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1238390/Garish-knitwear-gold-Ugg-bo...

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #86 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 9:45am
Too bad Ronnie didnt go to Jo's for Christmas. I bet he is embarassed by his behavior and couldnt face the family just yet. Better days are ahead for Ronnie! He'll pull through it!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #87 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm
That silly twat is considered a celebrity? Nanker

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #88 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:32pm
" If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan. "

< ---- This makes young Joey sad .

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #89 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:05pm
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #90 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:22pm
Ginda wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:05pm:
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

I was thinking the same thing, where did he get those booths from?? Star Trek the Next generation? he'd have to be drunk to wear something like that, wait till he comes to, & sees that picture.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #91 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:30pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm:
That silly twat is considered a celebrity? Nanker

Yep..these kind of reality shows tend to attract either

a) Z-list celebrities whose 15 minutes were up years ago and who need the money and/or exposure
or
b) Someone who became tabloid fodder because they dropped their knickers for someone famous and who see this as another way of cashing in on it

Kat is therefore perfect material as she falls into both groups.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #92 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

Maybe Starbuck should start a poll to find out which one out of the boots, the scarf or the sweater ranks as the worst fashion atrocity.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #93 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:33am
Ginda wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:16am:
My hope for Ronnie is that he makes peace with his family before he dies and that they don't blame themselves when he does.  Dylan's great "I Threw It All Away" best describes Ronnie's current situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xGTanXvfs

Oh my.  Bob's "Disease of Conceit" comes to mind as well.  Ronnie is terribly ill.  I fear the worst at this point. He's drinking himself to death.

And I can think of someone to tour with the Stones that Keith might like,...... Buddy Guy! Yes?!?!

Then we could have a blues-infused tour....Mick on HARP all night long...oh yeah!!!!  will ya 2

Thanks for posting this one LJ!

xoxox,
Martha

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #94 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:57am

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #95 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:20am
And I can think of someone to tour with the Stones that Keith might like,...... Buddy Guy! Yes?!?!

Then we could have a blues-infused tour....Mick on HARP all night long...oh yeah!!!!  will ya 2

Thanks for posting this one LJ!

xoxox,
Martha [/quote]

That would be something!

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #96 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:26am
Gazza wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:33pm:

Maybe Starbuck should start a poll to find out which one out of the boots, the scarf or the sweater ranks as the worst fashion atrocity.

He's been wearing the Ugg's forever.  They don't bother me, but the scarf and the sweater-that makes me cringe....

It is a pretty sad state of affairs when Ronnie takes the number one position held by Amy and Pete in the tabloids......

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #97 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:09am
Gazza wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:57am:

Ronnie at it again, it's a sad state when he ends up in papers like this, so he did spend Xmas Eve with Jo, I thought she didn't want him around when he was drinking, maybe he stopped it-for a few hours that is, call Pete Townshend or Eric clapton, get this guy back into A.A.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #98 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:33am

Oh yes, get in there my son!  Wink

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #99 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:38am
PDM - Ronnie needs to have some mirrors sewn to the toes of those Uggs so he can catch his reflection. 

And Martha - since reading your Buddy Guy replacement idea I've been having Champagne and Reefer visions.  That would be fantastic.  I hope Keith could get along with him, but even if he couldn't he'd better think twice about shooting his mouth off.  Old Buddy still looks like he might be able to pull a razor out of his boot.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #100 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:52am

That didn't take long. At least this one's hot.

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #101 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:56am
I keep expecting to see Chris Hansen (To Catch a Predator) spring from behind the bar and introduce himself to Ronnie.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #102 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:58am
" The Silver-Tongued Old Devil Is At It Again!!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/652925/LETS-SPEND-THE-NIGHT-TOGETHER-Ronnie...

" LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER

Ronnie Wood pulls a stranger - and then brags: 'I'm going to have some of that'  "

**** " YES !!!! " ****

... !!!!!!!

** &  **

**** PREJEAN APPROVED !!!!! ****

... !!!!!!

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:28pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #103 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 7:49pm
Ginda wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:56am:
I keep expecting to see Chris Hansen (To Catch a Predator) spring from behind the bar and introduce himself to Ronnie.

Yeah, me too. So.....Ronnie didn't seem to LEARN anything from his shack up with Kat, the young and foolish? He is a SAD man. Sad, sad, sad. And he just looks silly. And OLD. Sigh.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #104 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 8:31pm
Sioux wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 7:49pm:
Ginda wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:56am:

Yeah, me too. So.....Ronnie didn't seem to LEARN anything from his shack up with Kat, the young and foolish? He is a SAD man. Sad, sad, sad. And he just looks silly. And OLD. Sigh.

Ronnie's brain is too drenched to absorb anything.   And you're right - it is very sad.  
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2009 at 8:48pm by Ginda »  

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #105 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 4:44am

From today's Daily Mail: 28/12/09

Well, Ronnie would: Newly single Stone chats up a brunette in restaurant

By Sara Nathan

His former lover has already moved on just two weeks after their very public split.
And it seems Ronnie Wood is also wasting no time in putting himself back on the market.
The Rolling Stones guitarist, who split from 21-year-old Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova this month, was pictured chatting to an attractive brunette at restaurant J Sheekey in London’s West End.

After enjoying a few drinks together, the 62-year-old escorted the woman – identified only as Camilla – back to his rented home in Esher, Surrey. And, upon leaving with the girl, Ronnie found time to brag about his success, telling waiting photographers, 'I'm gonna have some of that'.
Wood’s descent back into alcoholism has shocked even his closest friends, and now his family – led by his ex-wife Jo, 54, and their children Leah and Tyrone – are begging him to get help.
The family had arranged a farewell dinner on Christmas Eve for Leah, 31, who is emigrating to Australia with her husband and baby daughter.

Driving home for Christmas... Ronnie Wood's car is seen leaving his ex-wife's house
However, the Mail has learned that instead of a peaceful meal they used the occasion to confront Wood about going back to rehab.
A friend close to the guitarist said that Leah is so concerned about her father that she is even considering postponing the move until he seeks help.

News of his latest conquest comes after it was revealed that Miss Ivanova, pictured left with Wood, is now dating model and club promoter Dan Turner.
The pair were pictured together for the first time last week as they left a West London nightclub.
Meanwhile, Wood's car was spotted leaving ex-wife Jo's house, full of gifts.
The Rolling Stone was initially thought to have turned down Jo's invite to spend the festive period with her and the kids.
However, Wood's Bentley was was seen leaving Jo's house after dropping him there for Christmas.
He is said to have been driven in swiftly in the luxury car by close friend Jimmy White.

The pair were snapped for the first time last week, leaving a West London Nightclub.
Following her split from world famous guitarist, Miss Ivanova was quick to go public on their tempestuous relationship describing him to Hello! Magazine as an 'evil goblin king'.
Nevertheless, Ronnie was clearly in the mood for proving that he's still got what it takes.
One onlooker said: 'Ronnie was carrying on like a teenager.

He kept leaning close to the girl and whispering in her ear. They were in fits of giggles all night long.
'Although the whole thing was hilarious, Ronnie clearly doesn't care about the age difference.
He was chuffed when the girl agreed to his drinks invitation and equally happy when they left together.'

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2009 at 4:45am by Honky Tonk Man »  

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #106 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:02am
OK, here are my two cents: as a 62-year-old grandfather, Ronnie Wood really shouldn’t be behaving such a way. He shouldn’t be posing outside west end eateries and beckoning in passers-by, lavishing them with drinks and then escorting them to his Surrey home – oohh, the naughtiness of it all! Yep, it isn’t an ideal scenario young Ronald finds himself in, but he is now a singleton and more than in his right to have a sniff about – after all, this isn’t cheating now, is it?

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #107 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:14am
Ronnie's wild escapades picking up young brunettes don't bother me one single bit - and I don't think it's any of our business anyway. I mean, he is single, as Honky Tonk Man pointed out, which means he can do whatever he wants. Since we're talking about adults here, I don't think one has a right to put an age limit or call the moral police to what he can or should do.

What does worry me though is the fact he's sitting in bars drinking up again you made a grown man cry
Pull yourself together Ronnie, life doesn't have too many second (or third or fourth for that matter) chances baby  Ouch!

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Toronto, ON
Reply #108 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:53am
I think we have to ask ourselves the following: just what exactly is Ronnie supposed to do? Remain single ‘till he finds sobriety? The latter isn’t going to happen. It sadden me, of course, but a 62-year-old man with a life-long drinking, drug-taking and partying lifestyle is not going to change his way this late into his life. 10, 20 years ago, he perhaps could have been saved, but not now.

I actually find the latest happening to be rather amusing – and I wish I had been there to see it. It sounds like the kind of thing I would attempt after being tipsy.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #109 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:28am
Ouch!   Is this a Ronnie smilie?  I seem to remember this pic from the 1970s as a ROD shot.  If right - we need a Ronnie smilie.  If wrong...we need another Ronnie smilie.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...the acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #110 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 8:45am
andrews27 wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:28am:
Ouch!   Is this a Ronnie smilie?  I seem to remember this pic from the 1970s as a ROD shot.  If right - we need a Ronnie smilie.  If wrong...we need another Ronnie smilie.

Submit a pic.

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #111 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 7:17am
Decision Time for Ronnie and Mick

Wednesday December 30,2009

OLD PALS: Ronnie and Mick

AFTER a turbulent spell, rocker Ronnie Wood is reportedly set for a “showdown meeting” with Rolling Stones bandmate Sir Mick Jagger in the new year.

Ronnie, 62, who is battling alcoholism, recently split from his 21-year-old Russian lover Ekaterina Ivanova after an 18-month romance. The troubled star’s ex-wife Jo was also granted a divorce from the guitarist in November after more than two decades of marriage. Now friends say Ronnie is to meet Sir Mick in the new year when it’s hoped the singer will be able to persuade his old pal to clean up his act.

It’s also understood that the pair will discuss Ronnie’s future role in the Stones, the legendary group could be back on the road in the near future though there are no offiical plans. There have reportedly been concerns that Wood might not be fit for another tour if his heavy drinking continues.

“Mick and Ronnie will talk things through in the new year,” we’re told. “They are old friends and Mick will obviously do everything he can to help him. But when it comes to the Stones, Mick has a real eye for detail and always ensures things run like clockwork. He’ll need to be convinced that Ronnie is still up to the job .

“Hopefully everything will work out , as it would break Ronnie’s heart if the Stones had to perform without him,” adds our source.

In the past Jagger, 66, was able to rely on Jo Wood to help organise the guitarist’s touring plans. However, despite the pair being back on more amicable terms, it seems unlikely she will fulfil this role in the future.

Wood has again been in the headlines over the festive period after being spotted chatting up a young brunette in a west London bar. He was involved in a violent bust-up with Ekaterina last month, which led to her leaving him and to his receiving a police caution.

A spokesperson for Jagger said: “Mick has been very supportive of Ronnie over the holidays.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/148793/Decision-time-for-Ronnie-and-Mic...

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #112 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 7:44am
Perhaps Headmaster Mick should summon Keith as well......You have to wonder how much truth there are to these stories.Besides Ronnie could be doing well now and fall on his arse 2 days after rehearsals

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #113 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 7:57am
Aside from the obvious divorce and young-girl issues, is not this scenario pretty similar to Ronnie's pre-tour situations in the past?

Mick & Ronnie meet up, discuss Ronnie's problems, things happen and the tour comes around.

Anyone think the same thing is happening this time as well?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #114 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 8:59am
Yep.

Same shit. Different year.

Only difference being both Ronnie's liver and the insurance premiums are far larger than ever before.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #115 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 10:32am
Is just a question of money dont?
Mick's has very concerned in this..  Retarded post Ouch!

...&&...

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #116 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 11:09am
Same story here http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jagger-and-wood-to-discuss-stones-tou...

JAGGER AND WOOD TO DISCUSS STONES TOUR IN NEW YEAR

SIR MICK JAGGER is to meet up with ROLLING STONES bandmate RONNIE WOOD in the New Year (10) to discuss whether the guitarist is well enough to rejoin the group for a tour, according to reports.

Wood, who is said to be battling an alcohol addiction, has endured a difficult year which saw him divorce his wife Jo last month (Nov09) after his affair with young Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova was exposed in the press.

He has since split from Ivanova after he was arrested earlier this month (02Dec09) for allegedly choking her during a heated argument outside a restaurant in Surrey, England.

Jagger is worried about his pal and plans to hold talks with Wood in January (10) over concerns he may not be able to embark on a planned Stones tour if he continues to drink heavily, according to Britain's Daily Express.

A source tells the newspaper, "Mick and Ronnie will talk things through in the New Year. They are old friends and Mick will obviously do everything he can to help him. But when it comes to the Stones, Mick has a real eye for detail and always ensures things run like clockwork. He'll need to be convinced that Ronnie is still up to the job. Hopefully everything will work out, as it would break Ronnie's heart if the Stones had to perform without him."
A representative for Jagger says, "Mick has been very supportive of Ronnie over the holidays."

30 December 2009 08:06

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #117 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:08pm

......&&
&&
&&

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #118 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:27pm
Question: If this "showdown" is for real, and assuming Ronnie wouldn't show up to it blithering drunk, what would Mick need to see, or need not to see, in order to be convinced of Ronnie's fitness to tour?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #119 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:51pm
moy wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 11:09am:

Yep. Have Contact Music ever ran a story they didnt copy from another source?

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #120 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:54pm
Mel Belli wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:27pm:
Question: If this "showdown" is for real, and assuming Ronnie wouldn't show up to it blithering drunk, what would Mick need to see, or need not to see, in order to be convinced of Ronnie's fitness to tour?

A biopsy result?
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2009 at 2:06pm by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #121 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 4:50pm
Cirrhosis test results?

IP Logged

Bingo
Rocks Off Regular

Exiled from IORR

Reply #122 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 7:02pm
Would we really notice a difference?

... Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #123 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 8:48pm
" Only difference being both Ronnie's liver and the insurance premiums are far larger than ever before. "

Gazza ...........................................

You make young Joey giggle .

IP Logged

jadeblackman
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #124 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 9:07pm
We think a break from the Stones is just what the doctor ordered.Our prayers are with him.The band possibly touring in 2010?We're going to make an effort to get in line for another Toronto show if there is one.Yes we'd like to meet Mick.We know his secret,and that he still tries to trademark it.Do we need to spill it here at rocks off?I learned of it in the Voodoo Lounge,he uses witchcraft.Not backstage of course,too much smoke.I was apprehensive about such a meeting in the 90's,now she'd be the one.
Check out the following below.Do I really need a taste of the gig?She'd hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO3QDwmH8Gs

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #125 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:39pm

From an Italian website, with a Babelfish translation.
Not the easiest read, but you can get the gist...

Rolling Stones Tour 2010 between personal troubles and uncertainties

Still a tour and still between great problems. Rolling Stones are the absolute symbol of rock and roll rebellion. About a new, long tour in 2010 it is spoken for a long time and it's been Mick Jagger in person to move in order to replace with the companions of a musical travel of more than 40 years. But they do not lack the large one to resolve.

Ron Wood outside from the group - before it regards Ron Wood, guitarist of the English group. In the last year Ron Wood has left wife Jo, personal and better his manager consigliera, in order to throw himself capofitto in the sentimentale history with provocative Ekaterina Ivanova, 41 years younger than he. History ended after a punch-up with jealousy from him, then meanwhile he's been thought to fall back into toxic-alcoholic defects. For this reason, and until one will not give regulating, Wood has been put outside from the group, also because no insurance would want to stipulate policies on the tour of Rolling Stones with a variable one driven crazy like the seasoned Ron of means. If one guitarist doesn't pass it well, the other is not better.

Keith without brakes - In new sight of tour a world-wide one it will have to verify the physical estate of Keith Richards, the other guitarist of the Rolling Stones. Today 66, Keith seems indestructible in spite of a life of excess, between drugs, colossal drinks and nights insonni. In 2006 the musician had fallen from a coconut tree while in New Zealand, violently striking his head. The incident demanded a surgical procedure to the brain, gone to good aim. Since then Keith has moments of loss of memory and some difficulty with coordination of movement. In 2010 he will finally publish his first authorized autobiography in which he promises to tell some of the beautiful ones. Will he succeed in returning to tour?

31 December 2009
Redazione Tiscali

www.tiscali.it

« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:02pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #126 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:51pm
I've been trying to throw myself to capofitto for the last 20 years, but it hardy ever works...

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #127 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:53pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:51pm:
I've been trying to throw myself to capofitto for the last 20 years, but it hardy ever works...

rim?

Emotional Rescue on a sunny day.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #128 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:57pm

Smiley

With my limited knowledge of the language - and Babelfish's failure to translate - I'm guessing "capofitto"
is headfirst or headlong.

One thing that comes through loud and clear in any language is the insurability of Ron and Keef...
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:06pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Knowing many loving none

San Bruno
Reply #129 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 3:32pm

Lantern? Retarded post

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #130 - Dec 31st, 2009 at 4:28pm

...???

&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #131 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:40am

Today's installment of "As The Wood Turns": Ekaterina Evanova's interview in The Sun.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:38am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #132 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:48am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Dec 31st, 2009 at 2:57pm:

Smiley

With my limited knowledge of the language - and Babelfish's failure to translate - I'm guessing "capofitto"
is headfirst or headlong.

One thing that comes through loud and clear in any language is the insurability of Ron and Keef...

I can see my ticket stub for 2010 now:

Basic Price: $350
Inconvenience Fee: $37.50
Taxes: $15.00
Shipping: $12.00
Insurance For Damaged Guitar Players:$45.00
Seeing Them Again: Priceless

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #133 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:58am

Well, Gazza.. I've tried too, but as you'd see, is very hard..
these posts make me laugh.. me young lantern..
thanks, you and the posters above, have made my day.
Quoted. taylor made smile Wow! stu-smiling

...&&...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #134 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:05am

So what does "capofitto" mean?
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:07am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #135 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:21am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:05am:
So what does "capofitto" mean?

a capofitto
adv. headlong, headfirst, recklessly, rashly

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #136 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 10:22am
Next Tour Name?

A Bigger Capofitto!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #137 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:01am
" So what does "capofitto" mean? "

|
|
|
V

... !!!

** { CA - FRIGGIN - RACK !!!!!! } **

" Off the Facade Ronnie !!!! "

J " Snuggles " Fly ! ™

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #138 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:13am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:40am:
Today's installment of "As The Wood Turns": Ekaterina Evanova's interview in The Sun.

Wow, this was scary, Ronnie is even worse off than I thought...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #139 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:28am
Joey wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:01am:
"Off the Facade Ronnie!!!!"

More like the foul ball tossed back by this three year old girl...

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:30am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #140 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 4:28pm
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:13am:
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 9:40am:

Wow, this was scary, Ronnie is even worse off than I thought...

If it's all true....yeah. Really bad.

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #141 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 4:43pm
I don't buy her story for a second.  Bits n pieces of truth and then a ton of fabrication to make it sound like such a sordid tale of "love" gone wrong.

She is an absolute cunt and Wood is incredibly stupid for chasing that tail.  Granted, her tits are amazing, but c'mon now, make it a 'nighter and be done with it.  Don't let that cat move the box in the house!

Ron Wood is perhaps the single dumbest member of the rock royalty club - even more so than that bass player for that group the Beatless...

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #142 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 5:18pm
What a poorly written piece. That could've been cut back to 150 words easily..but then it's the Sun of course, so you can expect it to be a shitty article. Still, if some of what she says sticks...

Lets just hope someone - either Jo or Mick - will decide that it's time to kick Ronnie out of the gutter and into rehab (again) soon. But it wouldn't surprise me if Ron burned down all his bridges..

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

"As The Wood Turns" (Tour announcement?)
Reply #143 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 6:55pm

Hey! You! Get off of that booze

Mick Jagger tells Ronnie Wood to quit drink or face sack from Rolling Stones

... ...
OFF RAILS: Ronnie                                             PACK IT IN: Mick

By Dan Evans, 03/01/2010
ROLLING Stone Mick Jagger will give hard-drinking Ronnie Wood an ultimatum - quit booze or be DITCHED from the band's tour.

Ronnie's worried family have asked Mick to get his bandmate into rehab to tackle his two bottles of vodka a DAY habit.

It follows a Christmas Eve showdown as ex-wife Jo and kids Leah and Tyrone begged veteran guitariest Ronnie to get help.

A source said: "Ronnie's on a path to self-destruction. His daily alcohol intake is over 50 UNITS."

Frantic Jo, 54, phoned Mick and pleaded with him to help. "If anyone can make Ron listen it's the band," said the source.

If the 62-year-old rocker doesn't clean up, he faces being dumped from the Stones' forthcoming tour, set to be announced in April. The source went on: "Mick is making it clear to Ronnie he must curb the drinking or he won't be coming on tour.

"He won't let Ronnie's boozing derail the band's plans and already has possible replacements in mind."

But Mick, 66, will support Ronnie - cautioned for assaulting ex-lover Ekaterina Ivanova, 21. His pal Nick Charles runs Gainsborough Foundation rehab in Cambs. Nick warned: "Ronnie looks as if he is heading for tragedy. I'd fix him up."

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 6:58pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #144 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:02pm
"the Stones' forthcoming tour, set to be announced in April"

That's news to me ?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #145 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:08pm
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:02pm:
"the Stones' forthcoming tour, set to be announced in April"

That's news to me ?

First I've heard of an announcement date, but that's about the usual time of year ain't it?

Wasn't last time in May?

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #146 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:11pm
Correct, May 10th, not sure why that date stuck in my mind.

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #147 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:39pm
Curb shmurb.  Make the call Mick, and let either Mick T or Buddy G start warming up.  Ronnie knows what he needs to do - he's been through this countless times.   I know how heartless that sounds but enough is enough and until Ronnie has had enough the rest is just noise.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:23pm by Ginda »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #148 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:48pm
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:11pm:

Maybe 'cos it was also the day the rs.com memberships began!

Seems we're now at Stage 2 of the 4-part pre-tour Ronnie saga that always seems to occur when a tour is being mooted

1) Ronnie's drunkenness becomes a matter of public record and embarrassment, causing band members, potential sponsors and fans to collectively shit themselves.

2) Stones authorise anonymous 'spokesmen' or 'sources' to plant stories in the press about Ronnie being possibly booted out in an attempt to knock some sense into him via public humiliation.

3) Ronnie scuttles off into rehab and manages to somehow pass a medical

4) Stones announce tour and everyone forgets what the fuss was all about until the whole process begins again about 5 years later
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:49pm by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #149 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:58pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:48pm:
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 7:11pm:

Maybe 'cos it was also the day the rs.com memberships began!

Seems we're now at Stage 2 of the 4-part pre-tour Ronnie saga that always seems to occur when a tour is being mooted

1) Ronnie's drunkenness becomes a matter of public record and embarrassment, causing band members, potential sponsors and fans to collectively shit themselves.

2) Stones authorise anonymous 'spokesmen' or 'sources' to plant stories in the press about Ronnie being possibly booted out in an attempt to knock some sense into him via public humiliation.

3) Ronnie scuttles off into rehab and manages to somehow pass a medical

4) Stones announce tour and everyone forgets what the fuss was all about until the whole process begins again about 5 years later

I don't think #4 will be repeated after this time.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #150 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:08pm
Having read that article again, if someone of his age and with his history is going through anything close to 50 units a day, he won't have a prayer of getting past No.3.

At that rate, he won't even be alive by April, let alone anywhere near a press conference.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #151 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:11pm
I'm not familiar with the term "50 units."

How much is that?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #152 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:36pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:11pm:

How much is that?

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/tips-and-tools/drink-diary/

The recommended regular WEEKLY limit for an adult male is 21 units.

A litre of Vladivar vodka works out at 37.5 units. 40 units for Absolut vodka.

A pint of draught Guinness would be 2.33 units.

If he's knocking back 50 units a DAY, thats Oliver Reed-esque.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #153 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 11:03pm
Gazza wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:36pm:
Edith Grove wrote on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 8:11pm:

How much is that?

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/tips-and-tools/drink-diary/

The recommended regular WEEKLY limit for an adult male is 21 units.

A litre of Vladivar vodka works out at 37.5 units. 40 units for Absolut vodka.

A pint of draught Guinness would be 2.33 units.

If he's knocking back 50 units a DAY, thats Oliver Reed-esque.

Yikes. YIKES. Wow. I wonder how this compares to his usual intake {before each rehab...especially the last one}? I don't know how he can even be conscious on a daily basis!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #154 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:31am

I'm sure Ronnie isn't "dumped" from The Rolling Stones...

They have always taken care of him in his time of need. This time will be no different I'm sure.

They will make the adjustments and see to it he gets his head on.

By now, you'd certainly think they have begun recording. They may of broke for the holidays a bit but ....realistically it is January folks. I'm sure several songs are written and either they have much in the can or they've worked on them already.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #155 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:33am
Wishful thinking, if they were recording together they would havé been spotted by someone.

That 4 stage process sounds about right. Wasn't the last time in 2002 though, somewhere in Arizona for the rehab?

Thanks for the "units" info, wasn't a aware of it, seems Ronnie is at more than 50 though if he knocks down two bottles of Vodka a day.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #156 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 9:35am
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 12:31am:
I'm sure Ronnie isn't "dumped" from The Rolling Stones...

They have always taken care of him in his time of need. This time will be no different I'm sure.

They will make the adjustments and see to it he gets his head on.

By now, you'd certainly think they have begun recording. They may of broke for the holidays a bit but ....realistically it is January folks. I'm sure several songs are written and either they have much in the can or they've worked on them already.

Ian

they can wrap him in cotton wool all they like but the reality is that if he's too much of an insurance risk for promoters he wont be in the band when they go on the road.

Amazed people still cant get this. No one's going to stump up millions and millions of pounds up front to sponsor or promote a tour if they think there's a strong risk the tour wont finish (or even start) because one of the band members may be at a high risk of dying.

And unless Mick and Keith have been doing stuff separately in their home studios, they havent been 'recording'. Ronnie and Charlie certainly havent been involved in anything and Charlie has some more concert dates lined up in January.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2010 at 10:05am by Gazza »  

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #157 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 9:36am
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 4:33am:
Wishful thinking, if they were recording together they would havé been spotted by someone.

That 4 stage process sounds about right. Wasn't the last time in 2002 though, somewhere in Arizona for the rehab?

Thanks for the "units" info, wasn't a aware of it, seems Ronnie is at more than 50 though if he knocks down two bottles of Vodka a day.

He went to the Cottonwood clinic in Arizona in early 2002 for rehab.

however, he went into rehab in early 2005 too before the Licks tour.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #158 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 9:44am

What's Ronnie's longest rehab stint?

When/if he goes again, surely it's got to be the intensive, 90 day (or longer) inpatient variety.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #159 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 10:03am
Usually a few weeks, as far as I can make out.

I thought about 6-8 weeks was the standard length of time. 90 days? Yikes. If thats the case, he wont play a note on the next record (if there is one). He's gone into rehab before and come out proclaiming himself as 'cured' about 3 weeks later.  Roll Eyes

The way this is shaping up, if the Stones really want to make sure he's going to play on their next album AND get himself into some kind of condition where he can tour, they might end up having to postpone any recording/touring plans by several months.

Thats unlikely to happen I suppose, so if they dont do that they may have to either scrap it altogether (unlikely) or say 'enough is enough' and  move on without him.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #160 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 10:15am
Gazza wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 10:03am:
If thats the case, he wont play a note on the next record (if there is one).

Doubt that'll slow them down much, if at all. 
Ronnie wasn't on a bunch of ABB tracks. 

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #161 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:06am
Let me post some Ronnie's own words from his book 'Ronnie' I got in my hand right now, and I'm reading.
        Prologue

it was 1964. The Rolling Stones were playing the Richmond jazz and Blues festival. The gut essence of the music was gripping me ever since. The Stones were my bait and I was hooked on the line.
2006: perring through the balcony from my hotel room, down on to the millions waiting for our momentous Rio gig to start, I truly realized how far we'd come. The way the anticipation and sheer adrenaline built and built until we actually hit the killing floor on Copacabana Beach was immense.
here I was  - more than four decades after my first glimpse of the Stones rocking the blues festival, and I'd been asked to relate my life story.
Chapter 2
A Ronnie's girlfriend was died.
he says: I wasnt allowed to go to her funeral because her parents decided they hardly knew me and didnt wasnt me there. So while they were burying Stephanie, some friends took me to the pub. That's how I discovered that alcohol could help me hide my feelings.
They got me drunk because it was the only way I could accept the fact that she was gone from my life forever.
Although I missed her funeral, I did visit the accident black spot, and several days later her grave. despite this, I was unable to accept what had happened to her; but in the bottle I had discovered a way not to think about it; I know that anger and disappointment blow out the candles of the mind.
I would never let them get the better of me.

(Never let then get the better of me.. !)

...&&...

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #162 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:30am
Lantern_High wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:06am:
but in the bottle I had discovered a way not to think about it; I know that anger and disappointment blow out the candles of the mind.
I would never let them get the better of me.

If you play this in a loop - it's like the dog chasing it's tail  Oh no! not you again

......&&
&&
&&

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #163 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 3:15pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #164 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 3:30pm
gotdablouse wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 3:15pm:

"Woody, the ball's in your court."

I hope he knows what to do with it.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #165 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:24pm
" If he's knocking back 50 units a DAY, thats Oliver Reed-esque. "

... !!!!!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #166 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:48pm
Edith Grove wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 3:30pm:

"Woody, the ball's in your court."

I hope he knows what to do with it.

If its a speedball, he certainly will......  Cheesy

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #167 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:06pm
tighten up Ron

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #168 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:19pm
Joey wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 5:24pm:
" If he's knocking back 50 units a DAY, thats Oliver Reed-esque. "

... !!!!!!!

john bonham had trouble after forty...........

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #169 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:26pm

Interesting about the "tough of ADD" comment...

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #170 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:32pm
Yes that transpired in BG's book too. Sad to think they haven't talked for 5 years...Wood seems to have drifted away from reality.

Wonder how much guitar playing he's been doing over the past couple of months !

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #171 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:40pm
Sioux wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:26pm:
Interesting about the "touch of ADD" comment...

Decades of alcohol and drug abuse probably didn't help that condition much.
Conversely, it may have been a contributing factor to those abuses.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #172 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:54pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:40pm:
Sioux wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 6:26pm:
Interesting about the "touch of ADD" comment...

Decades of alcohol and drug abuse probably didn't help that condition much.
Conversely, it may have been a contributing factor to those abuses.

Yup. Good observations. Sometimes underlying behaviors lead to destructive habits....could have been the case with Brian Jones as well. Sad

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #173 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 7:49pm
Meanwhile...Jimmy Rip is warming up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PPvm1YihCI
Not bad, seems to have lost his hair though ?

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #174 - Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:09pm
Gazza Wrote:

-They can wrap him in cotton wool all they like but the reality is that if he's too much of an insurance risk for promoters he wont be in the band when they go on the road.

Amazed people still cant get this. No one's going to stump up millions and millions of pounds up front to sponsor or promote a tour if they think there's a strong risk the tour wont finish (or even start) because one of the band members may be at a high risk of dying.

Come on now. I seriously doubt the dude is gonna die. The media and others can exaggerate things. He has been out playing gigs here and there over the past year. He is going places and shopping. He isn't on his death bed.... We have heard such rumors before and nothing becomes of it after he cleans up. Sure, without a doubt he has a drinking issue. He's an alcoholic I'd say. He needs to take care of this but I don't see him actually getting ready to completely kick the bucket any time soon either.

-And unless Mick and Keith have been doing stuff separately in their home studios, they havent been 'recording'. Ronnie and Charlie certainly havent been involved in anything and Charlie has some more concert dates lined up in January. [/quote]

But where ARE Mick and Keith? How do we know they are not together right now? I am not being sarcastic ....I am just saying ....we have no way of really knowing. Also I am not being overly optimistic (I certainly realize some times I can be) but who knows, Mick and Keith could be together right now working on songs. We do not live with them. We are not at every major airport to see them. The media adheres to keeping a lid on things in "certain" instances until the time is right as well. So who knows. As well Gazza, not for anything but the clock is truly ticking here. It already is January 2010. If they are to get an album out by next fall The Stones should of well been working on it by their (and any major acts) normal time-scale. Don't you at least agree to this? It's January. In six or seven months that album has to be completely finished ....writing, recording, mixing, mastering, artwork ....everything ....for a 2010 fall release. All of this is normally a year long project for them.

Ian
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:16pm by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #175 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 5:32am
The ADD thing is interesting.  I think Charlie said something like Ronnie has an attention span of two minutes most some years ago.  That could explain a lot about Ronnie. 

Thankfully, for Ronnie's sake, he was let off with a slap on the wrist.  It probably would have been different if there were stories of Ronnie smacking people around on a regular basis.  I can't remember at any time in the last 31 years I've been a fan hearing about Ronnie being a violent person.  What really happened that night with Ekat I doubt any one other than the two of them will ever know.  JMO, but I don't have near the sympathy for her that I had the day it happened.  There is something very icky about the way the girl has conducted herself since.  All of the talking to the tabloids is creepy.  Which is why I'm not fully buying into the tabloid reports.  Their number one source is Ekat or the infamous 'unnamed friend'.  It sells papers and gives this girl the attention she is obviously craving.

IF the report of a tour announcement in April is right, it makes sense.  Announce the tour when Exile is re-released.  More bang for the advertising buck.  And IF the guys stick with past scheduling that means the tour won't start for several weeks after the announcement.  That gives Ronnie plenty of time to get himself together.  That only leaves the 'new album' as a real question.  *fingers crossed*

IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #176 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:09am
"It's January. In six or seven months that album has to be completely finished ....writing, recording, mixing, mastering, artwork ....everything ....for a 2010 fall release. All of this is normally a year long project for them" 

I love you, Ian!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #177 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:17am
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:09pm:
Come on now. I seriously doubt the dude is gonna die. The media and others can exaggerate things. He has been out playing gigs here and there over the past year. He is going places and shopping. He isn't on his death bed.... We have heard such rumors before and nothing becomes of it after he cleans up. Sure, without a doubt he has a drinking issue. He's an alcoholic I'd say. He needs to take care of this but I don't see him actually getting ready to completely kick the bucket any time soon either.

You reckon he's an alcoholic?  Roll Eyes

No offence, Ian - but if you're unaware of the health warnings the guy has repeatedly ignored for the last decade then I dont know what planet you live on.  Presumably you belong to the group of fans who think these guys are indestructable. At 62 and with your health in a poor state there's only so many times you can make half-arsed attempts to clean up (and Ronnie has never ever properly cleaned up that I'm aware of). But hey, as long as he can walk to the shops then it follows that no doubt he'll fly through a medical to get him multi-million dollar insurance cover for a lengthy tour.

This is the biggest problem Ronnie's EVER had and if he doesn't get past it (and don't be so certain that he will), something has to give sooner or later if the Stones are going to tour.  Make no mistake about it.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #178 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:43am
Ekaterina Ivanova claims Ronnie Wood gave her cocaine hours after they met
By Georgina Littlejohn

Last updated at 11:49 AM on 04th January 2010
Comments (10) Add to My Stories

Ekaterina Ivanova just can't seem to keep her mouth shut.

After breaking her silence on her 18-month relationship with ex-Rolling Stone lover Ronnie Wood just weeks after they split, the 21-year-old former waitress has revealed even more about the man she called an 'evil Goblin King'.

And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

Last night she joined 10 other C-listers and actress Stephanie Beacham as one of the contestants of Celebrity Big Brother.

But before she went into the house, which is guaranteed to give her even more publicity, she spoke to The Sun about life with the ageing rock star and alleged he gave her cocaine on the first night they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter.

She said Ronnie, 62, had come into the club with a huge entourage so she went to talk to him but was unaware of who he was.

She said: 'I sat next to him with a cigarette and dropped some ash on his trousers. He said, "You've ashed on my trousers". I looked him up and down and said, "I don't give a f**k". He just went, "I love you". Basically I was rude, he was kind of sleazy and we kind of bounced off each other.'

Then she claimed that some of them went to the Hempel Hotel in west London where they stayed up all night doing cocaine and drinking.

She added: 'I don't know whose coke it was but it just appeared on the table and Ronnie did some and so did I. Maybe four of five lines.

'I ended up passing out in his bed, but we spent the next two days together. It was very touchy feely but nothing happened between us. I did fancy him. I liked arrogant guys in bands with tight jeans and he was the ultimate guy in a band.'

Not long after they met, in the July that year, Ronnie entered rehab for his drinking but rather than go back to his family, he returned to Ekaterina as soon as he got out.

She said after renting a flat together in north London they fell 'madly in love' and spent many months sober, drinking hot chocolate and talking about marriage and kids.

Ekaterina said: 'We spoke about getting married. If his divorce had come through we might have just got married there and then.

'And we talked about babies. We'd mess around and say that if we had a boy we'd call him Ivan Ivanova Wood and if  we had a girl it could be Holly Wood.'

But she said the relationship soon became doomed after he started drinking again and at his worse would drink a litre bottle of spirits a day, take cocaine and smoke up to 50 cigarettes.

She said: 'He would never drink in the morning if I was around. But if I went out, I'd come back and find him drunk. I tried reasoning with him, nagging him, taking him to AA meetings.
'Nothing stopped him for longer than a couple of weeks.'

And she said that she soon stopped Ronnie, who ended up repulsing her with his bad boozy breath.

She said: 'It started off really exciting. His body is very good for his age and he was very youthful in bed. But towards the end it got into a routine, especially as he was always drunk.
'He'd try it on with me and his breath smelt of rum, which I hated. Sometimes I'd go through the motions but sometimes I'd just push him off. I'd stopped fancying him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1240462/Ekaterina-Ivanova-claims-Ro...

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #179 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:58am
THE ROLLING STONE'S RONNIE WOOD IS OUT OF TUNE WITH REFORMED KEITH RICHARDS

Ronnie Wood’s future in The Rolling Stones is up in the air due to his turbulent personal life

WITH Ronnie Wood’s future in The Rolling Stones up in the air due to his turbulent personal life it seems that he is no longer able to call upon the help of the man considered to be his best pal in the legendary group.

Band insiders say that Wood’s relationship with fellow guitarist Keith Richards has become strained. While Ronnie, 62, who is battling alcoholism, has been in the news courtesy of his ill-fated romance with 21-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova, the once hard-living Richards, 66, has opted for a healthier life since enduring serious head injuries after falling out of a tree in Fiji in 2006.

Pals say the days when the pair would head out for a night on the tiles seem over. “Keith and Ronnie have obviously had some wild times together over the years,” we’re told. “But while Ronnie is still trying to behave like he’s in his 20s or 30s, Keith opts for the quieter life these days as he knows he has to take things a little easier. He and Ronnie certainly appear to have drifted apart and Keith has no interest in going out on all-night benders with him.”

Frontman Mick Jagger, 66, is known to be concerned for Wood’s welfare. While it’s been claimed he is prepared to axe Wood from a forthcoming tour if he’s unable to straighten himself out, a spokesman for Jagger told this column he had been “very supportive of ­Ronnie over the holidays”.

Wood had a bust-up with Ekaterina in November which led to her leaving him. He received a police caution.

A band source says: “Keith and Ronnie used to love nothing more than jamming with guitars together over a few drinks and cigarettes but those days seem to be gone.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/149513/The-Rolling-Stone-s-Ronnie-Wood-...

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #180 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:30am
Nothing concentrates the mind like coming as close to death as Keith did. Ronnie, apparently, hasn't gotten close enough.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #181 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am
"Those days seem to be gone"...Ya think living 1000's of mile apart might impact that? Seems like the same two sentences of truth are being used by the tabloids to make up daily bullshit stories. So far we only know that we don't know what we think we know.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #182 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:41am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am:
"Those days seem to be gone"...Ya think living 1000's of mile apart might impact that? Seems like the same two sentences of truth are being used by the tabloids to make up daily bullshit stories. So far we only know that we don't know what we think we know.

Yeah, I don't take anything published in those articles at face value. But things are rather ugly for Woody at this point of time. You often have to hit rock bottom to get back up, and I hope he can still do it (the getting back up part), harder as it surely is without Jo. 

Will surely be an interesting year Stones-wise....

P.S. That Kat's full of class, isn't she?  Roll Eyes

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Some Guy
I Have No Life!

Atlanta
Reply #183 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:46am
will she confess to kneeling and bobbing like a hoover for hours on end?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #184 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:59am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am:

lol...yeah, I thought that too. Its not like they live around the corner from each other.

Still, if Keith is taking it easy by comparison its a strange about-turn. Their relationship apparently hasnt quite been as close since the Licks tour when Ronnie was trying to stay sober and Keith somewhat resented him for it. Yet they were boozing together when Keith had his accident. As Mel says, maybe it took that bump on the head to make Keith wise up.

I think there's a certain element of 'spin' being placed by people in the Stones camp in some of these stories - with authority from the band themselves - in some kind of attempt to knock some sense into Ronnie.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #185 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:16am
'I ended up passing out in his bed, but we spent the next two days together. It was very touchy feely but nothing happened between us. I did fancy him. I liked arrogant guys in bands with tight jeans and he was the ultimate guy in a band.'

As I read this I can't help but hear the Everly Bros sweet refrain - "So sad to watch true love go bad"
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:19am by Ginda »  

IP Logged

caro
Rocks Off Regular

France
Reply #186 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:28am
Wow, not only did she join the cast of Big Brother, but they've already begun filming ! The negociations must have started literally the day she broke up with Ronnie. No wonder she gave so many interviews.

Invisible Avatar Posting

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #187 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:30am
Yeah, it started last night. It was confirmed a week or so ago she'd be one of the contestants. Impeccable timing.

I think she's getting £75,000 for her appearance. Which could well end being more than Ronnie earns this year unless he sorts himself out.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #188 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:45am
Once you piss off Keith, it never goes back to a normal relationship... Even him and Mick have rules about how they fight and work together, it has never been the same between... look at Taylor and Wyman, fuck... Keith never was going to forgive Jones for fucking up, and hitting a woman is a big deal to Keith. He may be many things some call immoral, but from all evidence, one thing he does is respect women and never would lay a hand on them violently... If Keith gets a resentment he doesn't let it go. Ronnie is on thin ice, I don't think the tabloid stuff is just an attempt to send him a public message to get it together. It is to a certain extent, but it also a way of priming the fans for his possible sacking and being replaced, and we def. know if Ronnie keeps going this road, he's gonna die sooner rather than later...

I'm selfish... i kinda hope he ends the band, I'm more excited for the vaults than the Circus act they call touring. Self destruction doesn't entertain me anymore... well unless it is Courtney Love...haha!

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #189 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:50am
According to the Victor Bockris biography Keith had no such aversion when it came to hitting Anita.  
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:56am by Ginda »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #190 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:13am
Pdog wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:45am:
Once you piss off Keith, it never goes back to a normal relationship... Even him and Mick have rules about how they fight and work together, it has never been the same between... look at Taylor and Wyman, fuck... Keith never was going to forgive Jones for fucking up, and hitting a woman is a big deal to Keith. He may be many things some call immoral, but from all evidence, one thing he does is respect women and never would lay a hand on them violently... If Keith gets a resentment he doesn't let it go. Ronnie is on thin ice, I don't think the tabloid stuff is just an attempt to send him a public message to get it together. It is to a certain extent, but it also a way of priming the fans for his possible sacking and being replaced, and we def. know if Ronnie keeps going this road, he's gonna die sooner rather than later...
I'm selfish... i kinda hope he ends the band, I'm more excited for the vaults than the Circus act they call touring. Self destruction doesn't entertain me anymore... well unless it is Courtney Love...haha!

For the record, I wasnt suggesting it was JUST an attempt to get him to see sense. I think its part of it. I agree with everything else you say about him being on very thin ice and this being a way of preparing fans for the possibility that he may end up being booted.

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #191 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:32am
Ronnie Rehab ,before Four Licks (His own words)

In July 2000 I spent a week at the Priory in Roehampton, not far from home. I had helped me a bit, but soon as I got out I was still convinced that I could have a glass of wine without any problem. Unfortunately, one glass became one bottle which became two bottles. And from wine I slipped back to vodka. I thought I was handling it, but I should haven known better because the memory was still fresh in my mind of a drinking bout in the Virgin Islands, a few years before, on holiday there with Leith and our two families. I got heavy into 100% proof Passers Rum and wound up with alcohol poisoning. I spent two weeks in bed. I couldnt even look at a glass of water. I had ruined myself.
But even that wasnt enough to scare me away.

Of course, I didnt believe anyone when they tried to convince me that my drinking was getting out of hand. The thing is that some people get nasty when they drink, so that if they wake up the next day with a hangover anda bloody nose, they start to realize they might have a problem.
But its not like that with me. So I thought, its broke, how am I gonna fix it?

...&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #192 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:56am
Yep. I remember that one. "A week". Christ almighty. And he says without irony that it helped him "a bit".....

"That's All I Got"

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #193 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:59am
He says so, hilarious.
I saw my own brother. But we talking about Ronnie.
I wouldnt see him made the same end of my own brother, and this is all.
He could destroy his own family, his sons, ex wife, friends.. if he dont start to use his own head,
I wonder, Ronnie still has getting a mind or no?
if he is still capable to play.. why he cant use his head?
things like this make me angry. I cant understand.  I could become a bit dumb.. I dunno.. but still cant.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:38am by Lantern_High »  

...&&...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #194 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:37am
"  And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

But before she went into the house, which is guaranteed to give her even more publicity, she spoke to The Sun about life with the ageing rock star and alleged he gave her cocaine on the first night they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter. "

... !!!!!!!

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #195 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:41am
Joey wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:37am:
"  And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter. "

... !!!!!!!

Beware Joey.. I always can leave you from the list of the best poster.. this is a blackmail. she has gaining a lot of money.. she is not so .. a person with a bit of class.
I dont believe to this story, tabloids? Hm?

...&&...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #196 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:44am
I don't know what Ronnie's bottom could be to wake him up, he's so self destructive, rehab won't help unless he has a honest desire to stop drinking, & I think Ronnie doesn't even know what honesty is anymore, this is a paragraph from "How It Works" from the book "Alcoholic Anonymous.
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path, those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually Men and Women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves, there are such unfortunates, they are not at fault, they seem to have been born that way, they are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty, their chances are less then average, there are those too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

This is coming from people who know more about alcoholism then any professional because they've been there & experienced it, so they know what their talking about.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular