Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 106
Send Topic Print
The "All Ronnie" thread (Read 181,015 times)
polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Interesting Ronnie Article (Tour info included
Reply #75 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:02pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm:
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:03pm:
"anti-seizure medication" ? Ouch, was that related to the coconut incident?

Yes. Keith mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that he gave up cocaine after the Fiji incident because of the anti-seizure medication he's had to take since the accident. He even gave the name of it - Dilantin. (It's also known as Phenytoin)

Side effects of that drug include sedation and problems with co-ordination. Without wishing to act like I REALLY know what the fuck I'm talking about, it might go a bit towards explaining the occasional 'absences' he got during some shows post-Fiji (especially in the early parts of the Fall 2006 and Summer 2007 legs) and some erratic playing. He even fell over onstage on the European leg (Helsinki I think) and almost fell off the stage at a show I saw in Madrid. It would probably also explain why he stopped playing guitar while singing during his solo spot from September 2006 onwards.

Hopefully he's a lot more stable now. He was certainly on very good form by the time the tour ended in London.

Yeah I think he kind of pulled through in that respect. I always think of this passage in the 2008 GQ interview with Keith RIchards:

Any secrets you will take to the grave?
I'll let you know. You need to be there on the deathbed! I'm not looking forward to dying, but I'm not really looking forward to living. [laughs]

Why? You're not gonna die soon.
Well, I feel like I have to defy it now. There were plenty of times I could've given up the ghost. But it just seemed such a cheap way out.

What does? OD'ing or something?
Yeah. Just kind of that "Fuck it, don't do anything about it.… I don't want to go through it, the shit of building me back again." But at the same time, I tried my best to test this thing, and it still beats me. It says, "No! You're around for a little bit longer, boy." And I say, "Oh shit. I mean, okay."

In moments like that—moments when you are in a dark place, moments when you are at the edge—who is your one phone call? Who do you call in that moment?
I'd say Patti. Yeah. [pause] I mean, I woulda said me mum until last year, but dammit, she croaked on me.

You—Keith Richards—would call your mother in those dark moments?
If it was bad, I would, yeah. Just to let her know. But unfortunately she didn't live. [pause] Me mum, that's another thing, man. [Gets choked up] I went… I went… We knew me mum was going, and so my daughter Angela says, "Dad, take the guitar out. Play to her. Go into her room." So I went up there and sat on the hospital bed and played my best. And she's out on morphine, anyway, unconscious. And I played the old songs, the old dance-hall songs. The next morning, she came out of her sleep for a moment, and my daughter was there and asked her, "Did you hear Daddy play for you last night?" And me mum says, "Yeah, he was out of tune." [laughs] So let's put it that way—my family is… There's never a giving moment.

Always taking the piss out.
Yeah, all the way. Yeah. The last thing I said to me pa was "Save a seat for me at the bar, mate." I had to see him off, too. [sighs] It's rough. But then, it's normal. I mean, the last thing my dad said to me before he went was "At least things are going in their natural order."

Of course. It's terrible to bury a child.
Yeah, I've done that. [sighs…silence] The things they throw at you. [Pallenberg and Richards lost their third child weeks after he was born, in 1976.]

What's been the hardest thing they throw at you?
Tomorrow. [laughs]

I got the impression after having to clean up after all this time, he was contemplating just saying "fuck it" and going out with a huge blast of junk. Then, thankfully and wisely, he decided not to. Ron's at a similar precipice and seems to be leaning to the other option. I could see that causing a rift. It's no secret he was a cunt hair away, pardon my french, from being sacked before Licks.  If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan.

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #76 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:25pm
Remember that one; that was an unbelievably candid interview.

It forces me to back off when I want to throttle him for being unproductive, erratic, or whatever.

You know what: He's Keith Richards. If he wanted to quit right now, he owes us nothing.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #77 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm
From today's Daily Mail: 22/12/09

Ronnie Wood's girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova 'was cheating on him with male model'

By Sarah Nathan      

The Russian waitress dumped by Ronnie Wood was allegedly seeing a male model 40 years his junior while they were dating.
Since her split with the Rolling Stones guitarist last month, Ekaterina Ivanova has been comforted by Dan Turner, 22, at his north London home and the pair are now a couple, the Daily Mail has learned.
They were first spotted cosying up together at trendy nightspot The Collection in South Kensington on Friday.

However, their 'friendship' stretches back over the past year - during Miss Ivanova's rocky 18-month relationship with 62-year-old Wood.
'When Kat started going out with Ronnie, she lost a lot of friends, but Dan was someone who never failed her,' a friend revealed. 'She has always trusted him.
'They met as they both share a lot of the same friends on the Camden scene. I can't say when their relationship turned to romance, but they are 100 per cent a couple now.
'They walk around holding hands and Kat is always at Dan's flat.'

Another source added: 'I don't think there is too much lost between Kat and Ronnie.
'She has been bragging, "I've already made £50,000 out of him" thanks to her magazine deals and interviews.
'Kat is very flirty, and her biggest dream is to be a model, but she and Dan do seem very keen on each other.'
Mr Turner, who works as a part-time model and a club promoter, runs a night called Cannibal, which draws a fashionable crowd in Shoreditch, east London.
When asked yesterday about his relationship with Miss Ivanova, he told the Daily Mail: 'I don't want to talk about it, sorry.'
A spokesman for Miss Ivanova, meanwhile, insisted Mr Turner 'was just an acquaintance' she met 'three times for a chat' while out with other friends.

Wood was heavily criticised for breaking up his marriage in order to date Ivanova
'Ekaterina and Dan have only become close friends since her split with Ronnie,' he added.
Following her split from the 62-year-old rocker, Miss Ivanova was quick to spill the beans on their tempestuous relationship.
In an interview with Hello! magazine last week, the 21-year-old described Wood as an 'evil goblin king'.
'The whole thing started off like a fairytale. But then it felt like an evil fairytale,' she said.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower, my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
'He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I'd be trapped there with an evil goblin king.'
The couple had been sharing a rented mock castle with a turret in Claygate, Surrey, until a drunken Wood allegedly attacked her in the street nearby.
Witnesses said they saw Wood 'choking' Miss Ivanova as he dragged her along the pavement by her hair and threatened her with a lit cigarette.
He was arrested and bailed until next month.
Miss Ivanova, who has been staying with her mother in a central London council flat since their split, will move to her own home in Camden in the new year.
Wood left his wife of 23 years, Jo, after he met the Russian

Two-timing? Ivanova and Dan Turner on Friday

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:46pm by Honky Tonk Man »  

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:50pm
She's beginning to morph into Cate Blanchett. Too bad she doesn't have even a fraction of the talent.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #79 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm
Yeah what a surprise. Could see that one coming a mile off.
Speaking of which....from today:

LONDON (Reuters) - British singer Pete Doherty has been charged with possessing heroin and released on bail, police said on Tuesday, just a day after he was fined for drink-driving.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #80 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:04pm
polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm:
Yeah what a surprise. Could see that one coming a mile off.
Speaking of which....from today:

LONDON (Reuters) - British singer Pete Doherty has been charged with possessing heroin and released on bail, police said on Tuesday, just a day after he was fined for drink-driving.

Yes, I read that in the paper this morning. It's a shame, as - if recent interviews, etc, were anything to go by -  he'd really started to clean-up his act a bit.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #81 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:08pm
polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:53pm:

...and a coupla weeks after his escapades in Germany.

Pete Doherty is charged with being Pete Doherty

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:18pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #82 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 3:02pm
She really is rather stunning, and quite remarkable tits!

Honky Tonk Man wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm:
From today's Daily Mail: 22/12/09

Ronnie Wood's girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova 'was cheating on him with male model'

By Sarah Nathan      

The Russian waitress dumped by Ronnie Wood was allegedly seeing a male model 40 years his junior while they were dating.
Since her split with the Rolling Stones guitarist last month, Ekaterina Ivanova has been comforted by Dan Turner, 22, at his north London home and the pair are now a couple, the Daily Mail has learned.
They were first spotted cosying up together at trendy nightspot The Collection in South Kensington on Friday.

However, their 'friendship' stretches back over the past year - during Miss Ivanova's rocky 18-month relationship with 62-year-old Wood.
'When Kat started going out with Ronnie, she lost a lot of friends, but Dan was someone who never failed her,' a friend revealed. 'She has always trusted him.
'They met as they both share a lot of the same friends on the Camden scene. I can't say when their relationship turned to romance, but they are 100 per cent a couple now.
'They walk around holding hands and Kat is always at Dan's flat.'

Another source added: 'I don't think there is too much lost between Kat and Ronnie.
'She has been bragging, "I've already made £50,000 out of him" thanks to her magazine deals and interviews.
'Kat is very flirty, and her biggest dream is to be a model, but she and Dan do seem very keen on each other.'
Mr Turner, who works as a part-time model and a club promoter, runs a night called Cannibal, which draws a fashionable crowd in Shoreditch, east London.
When asked yesterday about his relationship with Miss Ivanova, he told the Daily Mail: 'I don't want to talk about it, sorry.'
A spokesman for Miss Ivanova, meanwhile, insisted Mr Turner 'was just an acquaintance' she met 'three times for a chat' while out with other friends.

Wood was heavily criticised for breaking up his marriage in order to date Ivanova
'Ekaterina and Dan have only become close friends since her split with Ronnie,' he added.
Following her split from the 62-year-old rocker, Miss Ivanova was quick to spill the beans on their tempestuous relationship.
In an interview with Hello! magazine last week, the 21-year-old described Wood as an 'evil goblin king'.
'The whole thing started off like a fairytale. But then it felt like an evil fairytale,' she said.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower, my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
'He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I'd be trapped there with an evil goblin king.'
The couple had been sharing a rented mock castle with a turret in Claygate, Surrey, until a drunken Wood allegedly attacked her in the street nearby.
Witnesses said they saw Wood 'choking' Miss Ivanova as he dragged her along the pavement by her hair and threatened her with a lit cigarette.
He was arrested and bailed until next month.
Miss Ivanova, who has been staying with her mother in a central London council flat since their split, will move to her own home in Camden in the new year.
Wood left his wife of 23 years, Jo, after he met the Russian

Two-timing? Ivanova and Dan Turner on Friday

IP Logged

SemiahmooDude
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #83 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 3:03pm
Amazing interview that was.

I do believe the death of his mom really set him into a contemplative state that continues to this day...

polytoxic wrote on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 1:02pm:
Gazza wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:19pm:
gotdablouse wrote on Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:03pm:
"anti-seizure medication" ? Ouch, was that related to the coconut incident?

Yes. Keith mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that he gave up cocaine after the Fiji incident because of the anti-seizure medication he's had to take since the accident. He even gave the name of it - Dilantin. (It's also known as Phenytoin)

Side effects of that drug include sedation and problems with co-ordination. Without wishing to act like I REALLY know what the fuck I'm talking about, it might go a bit towards explaining the occasional 'absences' he got during some shows post-Fiji (especially in the early parts of the Fall 2006 and Summer 2007 legs) and some erratic playing. He even fell over onstage on the European leg (Helsinki I think) and almost fell off the stage at a show I saw in Madrid. It would probably also explain why he stopped playing guitar while singing during his solo spot from September 2006 onwards.

Hopefully he's a lot more stable now. He was certainly on very good form by the time the tour ended in London.

Yeah I think he kind of pulled through in that respect. I always think of this passage in the 2008 GQ interview with Keith RIchards:

Any secrets you will take to the grave?
I'll let you know. You need to be there on the deathbed! I'm not looking forward to dying, but I'm not really looking forward to living. [laughs]

Why? You're not gonna die soon.
Well, I feel like I have to defy it now. There were plenty of times I could've given up the ghost. But it just seemed such a cheap way out.

What does? OD'ing or something?
Yeah. Just kind of that "Fuck it, don't do anything about it.… I don't want to go through it, the shit of building me back again." But at the same time, I tried my best to test this thing, and it still beats me. It says, "No! You're around for a little bit longer, boy." And I say, "Oh shit. I mean, okay."

In moments like that—moments when you are in a dark place, moments when you are at the edge—who is your one phone call? Who do you call in that moment?
I'd say Patti. Yeah. [pause] I mean, I woulda said me mum until last year, but dammit, she croaked on me.

You—Keith Richards—would call your mother in those dark moments?
If it was bad, I would, yeah. Just to let her know. But unfortunately she didn't live. [pause] Me mum, that's another thing, man. [Gets choked up] I went… I went… We knew me mum was going, and so my daughter Angela says, "Dad, take the guitar out. Play to her. Go into her room." So I went up there and sat on the hospital bed and played my best. And she's out on morphine, anyway, unconscious. And I played the old songs, the old dance-hall songs. The next morning, she came out of her sleep for a moment, and my daughter was there and asked her, "Did you hear Daddy play for you last night?" And me mum says, "Yeah, he was out of tune." [laughs] So let's put it that way—my family is… There's never a giving moment.

Always taking the piss out.
Yeah, all the way. Yeah. The last thing I said to me pa was "Save a seat for me at the bar, mate." I had to see him off, too. [sighs] It's rough. But then, it's normal. I mean, the last thing my dad said to me before he went was "At least things are going in their natural order."

Of course. It's terrible to bury a child.
Yeah, I've done that. [sighs…silence] The things they throw at you. [Pallenberg and Richards lost their third child weeks after he was born, in 1976.]

What's been the hardest thing they throw at you?
Tomorrow. [laughs]

I got the impression after having to clean up after all this time, he was contemplating just saying "fuck it" and going out with a huge blast of junk. Then, thankfully and wisely, he decided not to. Ron's at a similar precipice and seems to be leaning to the other option. I could see that causing a rift. It's no secret he was a cunt hair away, pardon my french, from being sacked before Licks.  If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #84 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 12:02pm

Ronnie's copped it over spat with Kat

By ANTHONY FRANCE
Published: Today

ROLLING STONE RONNIE WOOD was cautioned by cops yesterday after he admitted assaulting his former Russian lover in the street.

The rock star, 62, was arrested for hitting 21-year-old EKATERINA IVANOVA and trying to choke her.

A passer-by claimed he threatened to stub out a cigarette in her face before dragging her screaming along the pavement.

Police were alerted to the brawl near the couple's former home in Claygate, Surrey.

Alcoholic Woods went to Staines police station yesterday afternoon with his solicitor. By accepting a caution he had to admit his guilt, but will avoid court.

The arrest was the last chapter in a turbulent relationship between the ageing rocker and the former cocktail waitress, who split after the assault.

Police were called to the couple's £5million home in September after one row in which it was claimed Ekaterina, for whom Wood left his wife of more than 20 years, threatened to kill herself.

During the street row, Ekaterina is said to have been dragged 20ft by the collar of her blouse and jacket. She also suffered knee injuries.

Witness Celine Dixon told The Sun at the time: "We heard a woman screaming, then saw a man pinning her to the ground.

"He was shouting at her then we heard choking sounds so my boyfriend rushed out to help. When he got outside he saw it was Ronnie and Ekaterina."

Wood is said to have walked away, leaving Ekaterina crying in a shop doorway when challenged by Celine's boyfriend Phillip Legge.

Officers arrested Wood, who is worth an estimated £70million, at his home on suspicion of assault.

A police spokesman said: "A 62-year-old man from Esher has today been cautioned for common assault in connection with a domestic incident."

Ekaterina is believed to have returned to her mother's council flat in central London.

Earlier this month, the lapdancing bar where Wood met her was closed after a raid by vice squad officers.

www.thesun.co.uk

Guess that answers my "caution" question...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #85 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 9:37am
The footwear needs rehab too - who would want to insure a man who dresses like THIS???

Reeling Stone: Ronnie Wood's ex-lover is set for a £100,000 pay packet as she's lined up for Celebrity Big Brother

By Simon Cable and Marcus Barnes
Last updated at 12:55 PM on 26th December 2009

Tis the season to be jolly, but this Christmas is definitely not full of cheer for Ronnie Wood.
The wayward Rolling Stone, 62, spent Christmas alone after his recent split from 21-year-old Russian lover Ekaterina Ivanova.

And he will be reeling when he hears the news that she could be paid £100,000 to take part in next year's Celebrity Big Brother

Mix and match: Ronnie Wood in his fetching knitted jumper and scarf combo and bronze Ugg boots

According to reports the former cocktail waitress is being lined up by Channel 4 bosses hoping to inject some controversy into next month's last-ever show.
She will join a host of other celebrities, which may include former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson and Jordan's ex lovers Dane Bowers and Alex Reid.

An insider told The Sun newspaper: 'Ekaterina is just the type of feisty character we want on the show.

'She's also very high profile and will no doubt have some great gossip about what life was like living with one of Britain's biggest rock stars.

'I've no doubt Ronnie will come in for some stick. She'll also appeal to younger viewers as she's quite the style icon. And I'm sure a few older male fans will seek her out.'

Ronnie was pictured leaving his home on Christmas Day in a garish outfit.

The wayward Rolling Stone teamed a loud sweater with an equally flamboyant scarf and gold Ugg boots as he set out to a friend’s house for a meal.

Unkind observers suggested he was wearing every one of the few Christmas gifts he received.

Despite having parted from his young Russian lover, there was no family reunion for 62-year-old Wood

While his ex-wife Jo and children Leah and Tyrone spent the day together at home in Richmond, West London, Wood was at his rented home in Surrey before venturing into the winter cold.

Jo, who was with Wood for 23 years, has said that she is not interested in getting back together with him.

She says that she plans to remain single and wants to sell the family home and buy a flat in London.

Old times: Ronnie and Jo Wood before their split. He declined her invitation to spend Christmas with his family .

She was said to have invited him for Christmas lunch but he apparently declined the offer, saying: ‘What about the other 364 days of the year?’
The guitarist managed a smile today despite a turbulent few weeks which has seen him cautioned by police after being arrested for assault of his 21-year-old ex-girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova.
She told officers she did not wish to press charges against Wood after an early-hours row in which he allegedly tried to throttle her in the street.
At one point, it was alleged that he threatened to stub his cigarette out on her face and onlookers claimed they saw him screaming abuse and dragging her along the ground.

The former cocktail waitress has now moved back in with her mother, who lives in a small flat in central London.
The pair have since ended their 18-month romance and Miss Ivanova sold her story to Hello! magazine.

‘The whole thing started off like a fairy tale,’ she said. ‘But then it felt like an evil fairy tale.
'When Ronnie and I moved into a tower my friends were laughing and saying I was like the princess trapped in the tower.
‘He went all Jekyll and Hyde. I’d be trapped there with an evil goblin king.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1238390/Garish-knitwear-gold-Ugg-bo...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #86 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 9:45am
Too bad Ronnie didnt go to Jo's for Christmas. I bet he is embarassed by his behavior and couldnt face the family just yet. Better days are ahead for Ronnie! He'll pull through it!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #87 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm
That silly twat is considered a celebrity? Nanker

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #88 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:32pm
" If there is a tour next year, I fear he'll pull an Entwisle. And likewise, there will be a back-up plan. "

< ---- This makes young Joey sad .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #89 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:05pm
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #90 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:22pm
Ginda wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:05pm:
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

I was thinking the same thing, where did he get those booths from?? Star Trek the Next generation? he'd have to be drunk to wear something like that, wait till he comes to, & sees that picture.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #91 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:30pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 12:00pm:
That silly twat is considered a celebrity? Nanker

Yep..these kind of reality shows tend to attract either

a) Z-list celebrities whose 15 minutes were up years ago and who need the money and/or exposure
or
b) Someone who became tabloid fodder because they dropped their knickers for someone famous and who see this as another way of cashing in on it

Kat is therefore perfect material as she falls into both groups.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #92 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Did Ronnie actually dress himself like that or did someone else do it while he was passed out drunk?  I guess his wig and coat match - that's something.

Maybe Starbuck should start a poll to find out which one out of the boots, the scarf or the sweater ranks as the worst fashion atrocity.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #93 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:33am
Ginda wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:16am:
My hope for Ronnie is that he makes peace with his family before he dies and that they don't blame themselves when he does.  Dylan's great "I Threw It All Away" best describes Ronnie's current situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xGTanXvfs

Oh my.  Bob's "Disease of Conceit" comes to mind as well.  Ronnie is terribly ill.  I fear the worst at this point. He's drinking himself to death.

And I can think of someone to tour with the Stones that Keith might like,...... Buddy Guy! Yes?!?!

Then we could have a blues-infused tour....Mick on HARP all night long...oh yeah!!!!  will ya 2

Thanks for posting this one LJ!

xoxox,
Martha

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #94 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:57am

... ... ...
IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #95 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:20am
And I can think of someone to tour with the Stones that Keith might like,...... Buddy Guy! Yes?!?!

Then we could have a blues-infused tour....Mick on HARP all night long...oh yeah!!!!  will ya 2

Thanks for posting this one LJ!

xoxox,
Martha [/quote]

That would be something!

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #96 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 10:26am
Gazza wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 4:33pm:

Maybe Starbuck should start a poll to find out which one out of the boots, the scarf or the sweater ranks as the worst fashion atrocity.

He's been wearing the Ugg's forever.  They don't bother me, but the scarf and the sweater-that makes me cringe....

It is a pretty sad state of affairs when Ronnie takes the number one position held by Amy and Pete in the tabloids......

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #97 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:09am
Gazza wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:57am:

Ronnie at it again, it's a sad state when he ends up in papers like this, so he did spend Xmas Eve with Jo, I thought she didn't want him around when he was drinking, maybe he stopped it-for a few hours that is, call Pete Townshend or Eric clapton, get this guy back into A.A.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #98 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:33am
Gazza wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:57am:

Oh yes, get in there my son!  Wink

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #99 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 11:38am
PDM - Ronnie needs to have some mirrors sewn to the toes of those Uggs so he can catch his reflection. 

And Martha - since reading your Buddy Guy replacement idea I've been having Champagne and Reefer visions.  That would be fantastic.  I hope Keith could get along with him, but even if he couldn't he'd better think twice about shooting his mouth off.  Old Buddy still looks like he might be able to pull a razor out of his boot.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 106
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)