Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 106
Send Topic Print
The "All Ronnie" thread (Read 181,116 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: The "All Ronnie" thread
Reply #2025 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:27am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #2026 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:38am

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #2027 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 9:58am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:27am:

Ronnie sounds like he must have fallen off the wagon
or something. Mick is going to be so pissed off at him.

Quick, Ronnie, say you were misquoted.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2028 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 10:29am
Rev 20 Redlights wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 9:58am:
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:27am:

Ronnie sounds like he must have fallen off the wagon
or something. Mick is going to be so pissed off at him.

Quick, Ronnie, say you were misquoted.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Rev 20 Redlights
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2029 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 10:56am
Upon further reflection, there is just no way Ronnie
would ever say these things about Kanye. I hope.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #2030 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 4:45pm
“Glastonbury is the home of rock music and, look, Kanye isn’t rock. "

It really isn't, Ronnie. It has embraced all forms of music for decades - and even had Jay-Z and Beyonce headlining (separately) in recent years (when legendary rock acts like the band Ronnie happens to be in were regularly turning down the invite to perform)

Hell, there's even ageist-motivated displeasure when the organisers get vintage acts like the Stones to headline.

Hip hop or something that 'isnt rock' being at Glastonbury isnt really that surprising. The main gripe people seem to have about Kanye West headlining is more to do with him being an utter arse as opposed to the sort of music he makes.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/20/emily-eavis-on-kanye-at-glastonbury...
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:06pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #2031 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 8:18pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 4:45pm:
“Glastonbury is the home of rock music and, look, Kanye isn’t rock. "

It really isn't, Ronnie. It has embraced all forms of music for decades - and even had Jay-Z and Beyonce headlining (separately) in recent years (when legendary rock acts like the band Ronnie happens to be in were regularly turning down the invite to perform)

Hell, there's even ageist-motivated displeasure when the organisers get vintage acts like the Stones to headline.

Hip hop or something that 'isnt rock' being at Glastonbury isnt really that surprising. The main gripe people seem to have about Kanye West headlining is more to do with him being an utter arse as opposed to the sort of music he makes.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/20/emily-eavis-on-kanye-at-glastonbury...

Kanye can rival the Stones when it comes to the hype machine. But you get the feeling he wasn't the first choice. Probably not in the top three. Judging by what I've heard on this side of the pond, the news wasn't well received. But the event sells itself right?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2032 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 9:20pm
We have too much Ronnie and I like it!! Here with Kelly Jones of Stereophonics

Teenage Cancer Trust 15th Anniversary, Royal Albert Hall, London - March 23, 2015 © Mick Hutson

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2033 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 9:42pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2034 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:38am
This would have been a killer show...I love the Stereophonics...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #2035 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:03pm
YAY! Ronnie is NOT sitting around getting rusty!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #2036 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:08pm
Bitch wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
YAY! Ronnie is NOT sitting around getting rusty!

Blank Frigging Stare Interesting stuff Ronnie! you made a grown man cry Boring post

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #2037 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 5:02am

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2038 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 9:57am
Pictures and review from EmiWilde from our message board Rocks Off in Spanish

Perdón que reviva este hilo pero quería compartir esto con ustedes. Tuve el enorme privilegio de ver a Ronnie y Mick el día 9 de noviembre en el Cutting Room.

Ya tenía planeadas  mis vacaciones en NYC, las cuales adelanté una semana para poder sacarme la espina de ver en vivo a The Black Crowes. Cuando surge el rumor que Ronnie y Mick iban a tocar en noviembre creo que el corazón empezó a latirme a mil. Cruzando los dedos porque ya tenía el pasaje y el hotel esperé esos eternos  días hasta que se confirmó y al ver las fechas les puedo asegurar que no podía creerlo, son esas cosas del destino que uno nunca termina de entender. A partir de ese momento estuve entrando en la pagina donde vendían las entradas a cada rato (la venta fue bastante desprolija, si mal no recuerdo no se sabía cuando se ponían en venta) y una madrugada antes de irme a dormir chequeo la pagina llevándome la sorpresa que ya estaban disponibles. No me alcanzaban los dedos para meter los números de la tarjeta de crédito de la desesperación porque sabía que era un show en un lugar chico y si las entradas de los Stones vuelan no quería imaginarme la de un show como este. Soy consciente de que tuve muchísima suerte porque se agotaron en muy poco tiempo y al día siguiente ya estaba lleno de comentarios de Yanquees recalientes porque no pudieron comprarla. Conseguí las 2 entradas que necesitaba, saque la de 100 dólares, que era la mejor ubicación en unas mesitas, similar a las de La Trastienda y comenzó la cuenta regresiva.
El 9 de noviembre llego al Cutting Room como 3 horas antes para retirar las entradas y hacer guardia con el fin de ser uno de los primeros en entrar. Me explican que en los dos shows anteriores hubo problemas  por  entradas truchas por lo que la entrada seria con lista y una pulserita, me lamente porque quería la entrada de recuerdo.
Una hora antes ya había muchísima gente en la puerta y comienzan los movimientos de la gente de seguridad, estacionan dos camionetas, venían uno en cada una. Imposible acercarse a ellos.
Una vez dentro del lugar fue cuestión de esperar a unos 3 o 4 metros del escenario sentados comiendo una picadita y tomando una cervecita. Nos tocó compartir la mesa con un hombre y una rubia muy bonita, la cual nos hizo estallar de risa cuando le dijimos que éramos de Argentina  y nos respondió "aaa cerca de Italia", claramente su fuerte era la belleza jaja.
El show fue impecable en todo sentido, todos temas de Blues, el sonido tremendo, ellos más vigentes que nunca, Ronnie contando anécdotas entre tema y tema que me hacían recordar el comienzo del video Anybody Seen My Baby, la verdad que no encuentro forma de explicar lo que vivi esa noche.
En fin, no podía haberme salido tan redondo, bueno en realidad si...  solo si hubiesen tocado los Stones, pero no me puedo quejar.

Espero no haberlos aburrido. Subo algunas fotos que saque, no te dejaban filmar ni sacar fotos con flash.

Un abrazo Stone.

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #2039 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 8:27am
http://ronniewood.ambassadorstheatre.london/

During a special evening to celebrate the upcoming release of his new book,  How Can It Be? A Rock & Roll Diary, Ronnie Wood will appear on stage at the Ambassadors Theatre, in conversation with BBC presenter Bob Harris, at 8pm on Wednesday the 29th of April 2015.

Together, they will revisit memories of a life in music, and the audience will be invited to join them looking through the diary Wood kept aged just 17. Ten years before he joined the Rolling Stones, Wood’s musical apprenticeship with The Birds catapulted him onto the stage of London’s swinging music scene. Featuring a cast of characters including Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, Keith Moon, Marianne Faithfull and many more, the story of his adventures was handwritten in Wood’s 1965 diary.

Inspired by its discovery, Ronnie Wood now presents his journal for the first time, plus rare photos and new artworks of a time of “continuous adventure” when “overspilling energy was more than enough to take care of work every night. We had enough left over to chase girls, write songs... It was all go, all the time.”

Book tickets now to attend this exclusive event, which includes a complimentary gift bag on arrival.

Early booking is recommended.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2040 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 9:22pm
Me on a country walk

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2041 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:16pm
If the beautiful (and beautifully variable) 'Beast Of Burden' isn't played on this tour I will eat a pooper-scooper bag, or even my own arsehole

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #2042 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 11:59am
Happy anniversary Ronnie. 40 years ago today he joined the Rolling Stones.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2043 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 12:28pm
40 Years Ago: Ron Wood Joins the Rolling Stones as an Apprentice
by Nick DeRiso April 14, 2015 10:56 AM

Monti Spry / Hulton Archive, Getty Images

Ron Wood‘s entrance into the debauched world of rock ‘n’ roll excess that was the Rolling Stones arrived via a press statement on April 14, 1975. Turns out, even after proving his meddle by playing his first show as the band opened a world tour, Wood would have a long way to go in order to become a full-time member.

Mick Jagger, speaking at the time, said Wood’s earlier career experience with Jeff Beck and the Faces made him the perfect candidate to replace the departed Mick Taylor as the Stones’ second guitarist.

“I wanted someone that was easy to get on with, you know, that wasn’t too difficult and that was a good player and was used to playing onstage,” Jagger said. “It’s quite a lot to ask of someone to come and do a big American tour with a band like the Stones, you know? I mean, not that I think the Stones are any really big deal, but it tends to be a bit of a paralyzing experience for people. You know what I mean? And I wanted someone that wasn’t going to be phased out.”

Well, not from stage fright, anyway. Wood boasted an addiction to fun that dated back to his childhood. He has said that he started drinking heavily as the son of “water gypsies” at the tender age of 14. As he began constructing a new legacy with the Stones, initially as a sessions collaborator on the 1973 song “It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll (But I Like It),” Wood had moved from beer, brandy and whiskey to cocaine.

He found willing partners in crime, at least at first, with the Rolling Stones – a group Wood had been hoping to join since seeing them for the first time at the Richmond Jazz and Blues Festival in 1964.

“I always knew I was gonna end up in this band,” Wood told Stuff last year. “I remember walking around the periphery of Hyde Park in ’69, and this big car pulls up through a whole sea of people and out steps Mick and [Stones drummer] Charlie [Watts]. Mick comes up and says, ‘Ullo, Face,’ which is what he called me then, ’cause I was in the Faces. And we talk away for a while and then they say, ‘Okay, we gotta go and play. We’ll see you soon.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, sooner than you think.’ I was always confident I would end up in this band, and a few years later I did.”

Of course, it wasn’t that simple. Wood had to work his way toward sobriety while enduring what became an incredibly lengthy apprenticeship with the band. He was even still a member of the Faces when his first Rolling Stones tour got underway. But after the Faces broke up in December 1975, Wood was declared an official member of (but not a financial stakeholder in) his favorite band.

Two certifiably classic albums followed: 1978′s Some Girls and 1981′s Tattoo You. Still, for the next 17 years, Wood was only paid when the Rolling Stones toured – which, during the ’80s, wasn’t much. A former art student, he turned to painting again, something that became a lucrative sideline. Most of all, he served as the glue that held the Rolling Stones together through a difficult period when Jagger and Keith Richards were at odds with each other.

“I just looked at it like I was doing my apprenticeship, even though I might have been 50 years old,” Wood told the Guardian in 2011. “I was learning, but I was teaching as well, how to let go and enjoy life. During the Dirty Work days, that was a really bad time, I got them through that. I’d be like, ‘You stay near the phone. I’m going to get him on the phone and I’ll ring you back.’”

After that, Wood was finally rewarded with full partnership in the Rolling Stones, nearly two decades after the band first announced his arrival. Today, he takes the long view on his journey. “I wasn’t looking at the pay packet,” Wood told Stuff. “I was looking for an adventure, and I certainly got that.”

Read More: 40 Years Ago: Ron Wood Joins the Rolling Stones as an Apprentice | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ron-wood-joins-rolling-stones/?trackback=tsmclip

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2044 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 12:37pm
Ronnie Wood's gay !  Perverted Mick

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #2045 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 1:06pm
It only took what, 25 years to actually be a full member? Ouch! you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #2046 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Congratulations to RONNIE on your 40th year as a Rolling Stone! Thanks for hanging in there! You rock!

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #2047 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:40pm
Ronnie to be a grandfather once more!!

Pregnant Fearne Cotton covers up her bump with a chic leather gilet as she makes her way to radio studios

By Rebecca Davison for MailOnline
Published: 09:50 EST, 14 April 2015  | Updated: 10:52 EST, 14 April 2015

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3038516/Pregnant-Fearne-Cotton-cove...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:42pm by moy »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2048 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:28pm
Joey?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2049 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:29pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 106
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)