Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 106
Send Topic Print
The "All Ronnie" thread (Read 181,109 times)
AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Interesting Ronnie Article (Tour info included
Reply #175 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 5:32am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The ADD thing is interesting.  I think Charlie said something like Ronnie has an attention span of two minutes most some years ago.  That could explain a lot about Ronnie. 

Thankfully, for Ronnie's sake, he was let off with a slap on the wrist.  It probably would have been different if there were stories of Ronnie smacking people around on a regular basis.  I can't remember at any time in the last 31 years I've been a fan hearing about Ronnie being a violent person.  What really happened that night with Ekat I doubt any one other than the two of them will ever know.  JMO, but I don't have near the sympathy for her that I had the day it happened.  There is something very icky about the way the girl has conducted herself since.  All of the talking to the tabloids is creepy.  Which is why I'm not fully buying into the tabloid reports.  Their number one source is Ekat or the infamous 'unnamed friend'.  It sells papers and gives this girl the attention she is obviously craving.

IF the report of a tour announcement in April is right, it makes sense.  Announce the tour when Exile is re-released.  More bang for the advertising buck.  And IF the guys stick with past scheduling that means the tour won't start for several weeks after the announcement.  That gives Ronnie plenty of time to get himself together.  That only leaves the 'new album' as a real question.  *fingers crossed*

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #176 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:09am
"It's January. In six or seven months that album has to be completely finished ....writing, recording, mixing, mastering, artwork ....everything ....for a 2010 fall release. All of this is normally a year long project for them" 

I love you, Ian!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #177 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:17am
Ian Billen wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 11:09pm:
Come on now. I seriously doubt the dude is gonna die. The media and others can exaggerate things. He has been out playing gigs here and there over the past year. He is going places and shopping. He isn't on his death bed.... We have heard such rumors before and nothing becomes of it after he cleans up. Sure, without a doubt he has a drinking issue. He's an alcoholic I'd say. He needs to take care of this but I don't see him actually getting ready to completely kick the bucket any time soon either.

You reckon he's an alcoholic?  Roll Eyes

No offence, Ian - but if you're unaware of the health warnings the guy has repeatedly ignored for the last decade then I dont know what planet you live on.  Presumably you belong to the group of fans who think these guys are indestructable. At 62 and with your health in a poor state there's only so many times you can make half-arsed attempts to clean up (and Ronnie has never ever properly cleaned up that I'm aware of). But hey, as long as he can walk to the shops then it follows that no doubt he'll fly through a medical to get him multi-million dollar insurance cover for a lengthy tour.

This is the biggest problem Ronnie's EVER had and if he doesn't get past it (and don't be so certain that he will), something has to give sooner or later if the Stones are going to tour.  Make no mistake about it.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #178 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:43am
Ekaterina Ivanova claims Ronnie Wood gave her cocaine hours after they met
By Georgina Littlejohn

Last updated at 11:49 AM on 04th January 2010
Comments (10) Add to My Stories

Ekaterina Ivanova just can't seem to keep her mouth shut.

After breaking her silence on her 18-month relationship with ex-Rolling Stone lover Ronnie Wood just weeks after they split, the 21-year-old former waitress has revealed even more about the man she called an 'evil Goblin King'.

And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

Last night she joined 10 other C-listers and actress Stephanie Beacham as one of the contestants of Celebrity Big Brother.

But before she went into the house, which is guaranteed to give her even more publicity, she spoke to The Sun about life with the ageing rock star and alleged he gave her cocaine on the first night they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter.

She said Ronnie, 62, had come into the club with a huge entourage so she went to talk to him but was unaware of who he was.

She said: 'I sat next to him with a cigarette and dropped some ash on his trousers. He said, "You've ashed on my trousers". I looked him up and down and said, "I don't give a f**k". He just went, "I love you". Basically I was rude, he was kind of sleazy and we kind of bounced off each other.'

Then she claimed that some of them went to the Hempel Hotel in west London where they stayed up all night doing cocaine and drinking.

She added: 'I don't know whose coke it was but it just appeared on the table and Ronnie did some and so did I. Maybe four of five lines.

'I ended up passing out in his bed, but we spent the next two days together. It was very touchy feely but nothing happened between us. I did fancy him. I liked arrogant guys in bands with tight jeans and he was the ultimate guy in a band.'

Not long after they met, in the July that year, Ronnie entered rehab for his drinking but rather than go back to his family, he returned to Ekaterina as soon as he got out.

She said after renting a flat together in north London they fell 'madly in love' and spent many months sober, drinking hot chocolate and talking about marriage and kids.

Ekaterina said: 'We spoke about getting married. If his divorce had come through we might have just got married there and then.

'And we talked about babies. We'd mess around and say that if we had a boy we'd call him Ivan Ivanova Wood and if  we had a girl it could be Holly Wood.'

But she said the relationship soon became doomed after he started drinking again and at his worse would drink a litre bottle of spirits a day, take cocaine and smoke up to 50 cigarettes.

She said: 'He would never drink in the morning if I was around. But if I went out, I'd come back and find him drunk. I tried reasoning with him, nagging him, taking him to AA meetings.
'Nothing stopped him for longer than a couple of weeks.'

And she said that she soon stopped Ronnie, who ended up repulsing her with his bad boozy breath.

She said: 'It started off really exciting. His body is very good for his age and he was very youthful in bed. But towards the end it got into a routine, especially as he was always drunk.
'He'd try it on with me and his breath smelt of rum, which I hated. Sometimes I'd go through the motions but sometimes I'd just push him off. I'd stopped fancying him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1240462/Ekaterina-Ivanova-claims-Ro...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #179 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 6:58am
THE ROLLING STONE'S RONNIE WOOD IS OUT OF TUNE WITH REFORMED KEITH RICHARDS

Ronnie Wood’s future in The Rolling Stones is up in the air due to his turbulent personal life

WITH Ronnie Wood’s future in The Rolling Stones up in the air due to his turbulent personal life it seems that he is no longer able to call upon the help of the man considered to be his best pal in the legendary group.

Band insiders say that Wood’s relationship with fellow guitarist Keith Richards has become strained. While Ronnie, 62, who is battling alcoholism, has been in the news courtesy of his ill-fated romance with 21-year-old Ekaterina Ivanova, the once hard-living Richards, 66, has opted for a healthier life since enduring serious head injuries after falling out of a tree in Fiji in 2006.

Pals say the days when the pair would head out for a night on the tiles seem over. “Keith and Ronnie have obviously had some wild times together over the years,” we’re told. “But while Ronnie is still trying to behave like he’s in his 20s or 30s, Keith opts for the quieter life these days as he knows he has to take things a little easier. He and Ronnie certainly appear to have drifted apart and Keith has no interest in going out on all-night benders with him.”

Frontman Mick Jagger, 66, is known to be concerned for Wood’s welfare. While it’s been claimed he is prepared to axe Wood from a forthcoming tour if he’s unable to straighten himself out, a spokesman for Jagger told this column he had been “very supportive of ­Ronnie over the holidays”.

Wood had a bust-up with Ekaterina in November which led to her leaving him. He received a police caution.

A band source says: “Keith and Ronnie used to love nothing more than jamming with guitars together over a few drinks and cigarettes but those days seem to be gone.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/149513/The-Rolling-Stone-s-Ronnie-Wood-...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #180 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:30am
Nothing concentrates the mind like coming as close to death as Keith did. Ronnie, apparently, hasn't gotten close enough.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #181 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am
"Those days seem to be gone"...Ya think living 1000's of mile apart might impact that? Seems like the same two sentences of truth are being used by the tabloids to make up daily bullshit stories. So far we only know that we don't know what we think we know.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #182 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:41am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am:
"Those days seem to be gone"...Ya think living 1000's of mile apart might impact that? Seems like the same two sentences of truth are being used by the tabloids to make up daily bullshit stories. So far we only know that we don't know what we think we know.

Yeah, I don't take anything published in those articles at face value. But things are rather ugly for Woody at this point of time. You often have to hit rock bottom to get back up, and I hope he can still do it (the getting back up part), harder as it surely is without Jo. 

Will surely be an interesting year Stones-wise....

P.S. That Kat's full of class, isn't she?  Roll Eyes

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #183 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:46am
will she confess to kneeling and bobbing like a hoover for hours on end?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #184 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:59am
gimmekeef wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 7:35am:

lol...yeah, I thought that too. Its not like they live around the corner from each other.

Still, if Keith is taking it easy by comparison its a strange about-turn. Their relationship apparently hasnt quite been as close since the Licks tour when Ronnie was trying to stay sober and Keith somewhat resented him for it. Yet they were boozing together when Keith had his accident. As Mel says, maybe it took that bump on the head to make Keith wise up.

I think there's a certain element of 'spin' being placed by people in the Stones camp in some of these stories - with authority from the band themselves - in some kind of attempt to knock some sense into Ronnie.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #185 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:16am
'I ended up passing out in his bed, but we spent the next two days together. It was very touchy feely but nothing happened between us. I did fancy him. I liked arrogant guys in bands with tight jeans and he was the ultimate guy in a band.'

As I read this I can't help but hear the Everly Bros sweet refrain - "So sad to watch true love go bad"
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:19am by Ginda »  

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

caro
Rocks Off Regular

France
Reply #186 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:28am
Wow, not only did she join the cast of Big Brother, but they've already begun filming ! The negociations must have started literally the day she broke up with Ronnie. No wonder she gave so many interviews.

Invisible Avatar Posting

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #187 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:30am
Yeah, it started last night. It was confirmed a week or so ago she'd be one of the contestants. Impeccable timing.

I think she's getting Ł75,000 for her appearance. Which could well end being more than Ronnie earns this year unless he sorts himself out.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #188 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:45am
Once you piss off Keith, it never goes back to a normal relationship... Even him and Mick have rules about how they fight and work together, it has never been the same between... look at Taylor and Wyman, fuck... Keith never was going to forgive Jones for fucking up, and hitting a woman is a big deal to Keith. He may be many things some call immoral, but from all evidence, one thing he does is respect women and never would lay a hand on them violently... If Keith gets a resentment he doesn't let it go. Ronnie is on thin ice, I don't think the tabloid stuff is just an attempt to send him a public message to get it together. It is to a certain extent, but it also a way of priming the fans for his possible sacking and being replaced, and we def. know if Ronnie keeps going this road, he's gonna die sooner rather than later...

I'm selfish... i kinda hope he ends the band, I'm more excited for the vaults than the Circus act they call touring. Self destruction doesn't entertain me anymore... well unless it is Courtney Love...haha!

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #189 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:50am
According to the Victor Bockris biography Keith had no such aversion when it came to hitting Anita.  
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:56am by Ginda »  

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #190 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:13am
Pdog wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 8:45am:
Once you piss off Keith, it never goes back to a normal relationship... Even him and Mick have rules about how they fight and work together, it has never been the same between... look at Taylor and Wyman, fuck... Keith never was going to forgive Jones for fucking up, and hitting a woman is a big deal to Keith. He may be many things some call immoral, but from all evidence, one thing he does is respect women and never would lay a hand on them violently... If Keith gets a resentment he doesn't let it go. Ronnie is on thin ice, I don't think the tabloid stuff is just an attempt to send him a public message to get it together. It is to a certain extent, but it also a way of priming the fans for his possible sacking and being replaced, and we def. know if Ronnie keeps going this road, he's gonna die sooner rather than later...
I'm selfish... i kinda hope he ends the band, I'm more excited for the vaults than the Circus act they call touring. Self destruction doesn't entertain me anymore... well unless it is Courtney Love...haha!

For the record, I wasnt suggesting it was JUST an attempt to get him to see sense. I think its part of it. I agree with everything else you say about him being on very thin ice and this being a way of preparing fans for the possibility that he may end up being booted.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #191 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:32am
Ronnie Rehab ,before Four Licks (His own words)

In July 2000 I spent a week at the Priory in Roehampton, not far from home. I had helped me a bit, but soon as I got out I was still convinced that I could have a glass of wine without any problem. Unfortunately, one glass became one bottle which became two bottles. And from wine I slipped back to vodka. I thought I was handling it, but I should haven known better because the memory was still fresh in my mind of a drinking bout in the Virgin Islands, a few years before, on holiday there with Leith and our two families. I got heavy into 100% proof Passers Rum and wound up with alcohol poisoning. I spent two weeks in bed. I couldnt even look at a glass of water. I had ruined myself.
But even that wasnt enough to scare me away.

Of course, I didnt believe anyone when they tried to convince me that my drinking was getting out of hand. The thing is that some people get nasty when they drink, so that if they wake up the next day with a hangover anda bloody nose, they start to realize they might have a problem.
But its not like that with me. So I thought, its broke, how am I gonna fix it?

...&&...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #192 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:56am
Yep. I remember that one. "A week". Christ almighty. And he says without irony that it helped him "a bit".....

... ... ...
IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #193 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:59am
He says so, hilarious.
I saw my own brother. But we talking about Ronnie.
I wouldnt see him made the same end of my own brother, and this is all.
He could destroy his own family, his sons, ex wife, friends.. if he dont start to use his own head,
I wonder, Ronnie still has getting a mind or no?
if he is still capable to play.. why he cant use his head?
things like this make me angry. I cant understand.  I could become a bit dumb.. I dunno.. but still cant.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:38am by Lantern_High »  

...&&...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #194 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:37am
"  And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

But before she went into the house, which is guaranteed to give her even more publicity, she spoke to The Sun about life with the ageing rock star and alleged he gave her cocaine on the first night they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter. "

... !!!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #195 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:41am
Joey wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:37am:
"  And she now claims that she indulged in a cocaine binge with the guitarist at a London hotel just hours after they met.

Russian-born Ekaterina, also known as Katia, spoke about meeting Wood when she was waitress at a London bar called Churchill's in the summer of 2008 - and how the evening turned into an all-nighter. "

... !!!!!!!

Beware Joey.. I always can leave you from the list of the best poster.. this is a blackmail. she has gaining a lot of money.. she is not so .. a person with a bit of class.
I dont believe to this story, tabloids? Hm?

...&&...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #196 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:44am
I don't know what Ronnie's bottom could be to wake him up, he's so self destructive, rehab won't help unless he has a honest desire to stop drinking, & I think Ronnie doesn't even know what honesty is anymore, this is a paragraph from "How It Works" from the book "Alcoholic Anonymous.
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path, those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually Men and Women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves, there are such unfortunates, they are not at fault, they seem to have been born that way, they are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty, their chances are less then average, there are those too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

This is coming from people who know more about alcoholism then any professional because they've been there & experienced it, so they know what their talking about.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #197 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:46am
Gazza wrote on Jan 4th, 2010 at 9:56am:
Yep. I remember that one. "A week". Christ almighty. And he says without irony that it helped him "a bit".....

The Sun interview that today's Daily Mail article references notes that Ronnie's 2008 rehab was his seventh...

IP Logged

Teiz
Rocks Off Regular

Almere, Amsterdams ugly twin
Reply #198 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:55am
So he might just take an eigth for fuck's sake, right...

Herman Brood once said in an interview that he was in rehab for drugs at the same time Ronnie was going through an alcohol program, and they switched places because the people there mixed them up all the time. Don't know if it's true, but he told it in his remarkable hilarious style. But sad at the same time, because these extremely talented guys don't want to be helped: Brood jumped down the Amsterdam Hilton when he knew his body couldn't handle the abuse any longer...

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #199 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 10:55am
Call up Waddy. He's got the connection to Keith, and Mick was apparently comfortable enough working with him to let him make significant contributions to B2B. Seems an obvious choice, assuming that A-list "gets" like Clapton, Beck, Page are pipe-smokingly unrealistic.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 106
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)