Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 180,282 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #975 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 9:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Can't think of a better replacement for Duckboy.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

the citadel
Reply #976 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:38pm

wonder what ol reg thinks about that outfit!
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:40pm by mojoman »  

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Voodoo Child in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #977 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm
I couldn’t believe this, The Who was the opening act for Guns n' Roses in South America and now they have a residence in a hotel in Las Vegas… WTF?

Shocked

Blank Frigging Stare Oh no! not you again Ouch! Shit!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Well last night I slept
the sleep of fear

San Bruno
Reply #978 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:13pm
Voodoo Child in Wonderland wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
I couldn’t believe this, The Who was the opening act for Guns n' Roses in South America and now they have a residence in a hotel in Las Vegas… WTF?

Shocked

Blank Frigging Stare Oh no! not you again Ouch! Shit!

The Who opened for Guns N Roses? Are you sure about that? Undecided

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #979 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am
Absolutely sure,

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2068419-guns-n-roses-llevo-su-afilada-maquina-de-rock...

In this article you can read just after the title

"Luego de la presentación de The Who, la banda formada en Los Ángeles desplegó destellos de sus años de gloria con un show de más de tres horas"

Just after The Who, the band from Los Ángeles etc etc"

The Who set was about an hour while Guns N Roses played three

https://tn.com.ar/musica/hoy/who-y-guns-nroses-hicieron-historia-en-la-plata_824...

In this article you can read that the audience didn't give a fuck about The Who

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #980 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:06am
and also it was commented by friends from our message board in Spanish in Chile and Argentina

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #981 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am

<   ------------   http://www.keyn.com/blogs/who-set-residency-las-vegas

" The WHO To Set Up Residency In Las Vegas "

" British Rock Legends The WHO have been saying “farewell” since the early 1990s ... and they are about to say “hello” to a lengthy residency in Las Vegas! That's a good thing, considering this past summer's tour by the venerable rockers was a blockbuster critical and financial success!

PETE TOWNSHEND and ROGER DALTREY never sounded better, and their energetic and career-spanning performances sold out almost everywhere they played. The Who also performed all of their legendary rock opera Tommy (a rarity!) for a UK charity benefit this past spring and recently released the DVD of the show, again to much critical acclaim!

With all of this happening, and the fact that Townshend and Daltrey are really enjoying themselves, the two original members and the rest of the band are planning an extended stay in Las Vegas now that another British rock legend, Elton John, is closing out his long run of shows in Sin City.

This last Who tour will probably be the last large-scale jaunt for the two original band members, who are now both in their 70s, and while they are opting out of playing large venues in numerous cities, they are apparently very keen on the idea of setting up for a more lengthy run of performances in one place. That place just happens to be the Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace, where The Who played a string of shows earlier this year. According to an article in the UK tabloid The Daily Mirror, promoters in Vegas are eager to have another high profile act step in now that Elton John is wrapping up his residency there.

Apparently all that needs to be worked out is the length of the residency and The Who's compensation. While Elton John racked up a total of 450 shows over 13 years, The Who are planning on a much more modest duration of two years, and it's speculated that the payday for The Who could be close to $46 million. Rock on, Pete & Roger!  "
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2018 at 11:00am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Well last night I slept
the sleep of fear

San Bruno
Reply #982 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Joey wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am:

" British Rock Legends The WHO have been saying “farewell” since the early 1990s ... and they are about to say “hello” to a lengthy residency in Las Vegas! That's a good thing, considering this past summer's tour by the venerable rockers was a blockbuster critical and financial success!

PETE TOWNSHEND and ROGER DALTREY never sounded better, and their energetic and career-spanning performances sold out almost everywhere they played. The Who also performed all of their legendary rock opera Tommy (a rarity!) for a UK charity benefit this past spring and recently released the DVD of the show, again to much critical acclaim!

With all of this happening, and the fact that Townshend and Daltrey are really enjoying themselves, the two original members and the rest of the band are planning an extended stay in Las Vegas now that another British rock legend, Elton John, is closing out his long run of shows in Sin City.

This last Who tour will probably be the last large-scale jaunt for the two original band members, who are now both in their 70s, and while they are opting out of playing large venues in numerous cities, they are apparently very keen on the idea of setting up for a more lengthy run of performances in one place. That place just happens to be the Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace, where The Who played a string of shows earlier this year. According to an article in the UK tabloid The Daily Mirror, promoters in Vegas are eager to have another high profile act step in now that Elton John is wrapping up his residency there.

Apparently all that needs to be worked out is the length of the residency and The Who's compensation. While Elton John racked up a total of 450 shows over 13 years, The Who are planning on a much more modest duration of two years, and it's speculated that the payday for The Who could be close to $46 million. Rock on, Pete & Roger!  "

Joey, Rog is charging $75 for cheap seats for his upcoming solo tour. Fuck that shit. Fuck that shit. I won't get Nokia'd again.  Shocked

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #983 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:36pm
Joey wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am:

vegas trip!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #984 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #985 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Joey?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #986 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:57pm

Includes limited edition 12 x 12 art print

The Who were in New York to conclude a gruelling tour on April 4th, 1968, the day that Dr Martin Luther King was assassinated. America was already a country divided; Anti-Vietnam demonstrations, civil rights disturbances and militant student activism. With this turmoil as a backdrop on Friday and Saturday, April 5th & 6th, 1968 The Who performed two incendiary live sets at Bill Graham’s legendary Fillmore East on the lower East Side of Manhattan.

The venue had only just re-opened in March by Graham from its previous incarnation as the Village Theatre where the band had played on a couple of occasions the year before. The Who was the first British rock act to headline the Fillmore East and were booked to play four shows over the two nights. However, because of feared social unrest in the wake of Dr King’s assassination, it was decided to compact the shows into one per night.

The Who’s time in New York City in 1968 can best be described as ‘lively’. Keith Moon’s antics with cherry bomb explosives had meant that the band had to move hotels. When installed in the at the plush Waldorf Astoria he then somehow managed to a blow a door off its hinges and, the band had to move once more.

On the morning of the Fillmore rehearsal, the band were photographed for Life magazine and legend has it that the band were so tired from Moon’s antics that they nodded out under the large Union Jack draped over them at the base of the Carl Schurz Monument in Morningside Park. This iconic image was later used as the cover and poster for The Who’s classic film ‘The Kids Are Alright’.

Both nights were recorded by Who manager Kit Lambert with the intention of releasing the results as the Who’s fourth album after The Who Sell Out and before Tommy. Disaster struck when it was discovered that due to faulty equipment or human error only part of the first night was captured. Thankfully the second night was recorded and has now been fully restored and mixed by long time Who sound engineer Bob Pridden (who was responsible the band’s sound on those nights in 1968) from the original four-track tapes. For the 50th anniversary of these legendary shows, the unreleased recordings are to be issued on triple vinyl lp.

Thanks to an acetate reaching the bootleg market in the early ‘70s, the Who’s reputation as rock’s most dynamic live act quickly grew. The show is regarded by fans as something of the ‘holy grail’ of Who live shows equalling the legendary ‘Live At Leeds’ album. The tapes have been meticulously remastered for optimum sound quality and will only serve to enhance The Who’s reputation as the best live act of the time.

The 3LP set include three Eddie Cochran numbers; My Way, Summertime Blues and the never before released Who version of C’mon Everybody.

Also featured is a rare cover version of Fortune Teller written by Allen Toussaint, originally recorded by Benny Spellman but made famous by The Rolling Stones. These shows also showcased Tattoo and Relax from The Who Sell Out as well as stunning extended versions of A Quick One and My Generation which becomes a 30-minute jam with a the climax of guitar-smashing and drum demolishment!

Deluxe 3 x LP heavyweight vinyl, gatefold sleeve, three printed inner bags & new liner notes and rare photos.

Tracks :

Side A

1 Summertime Blu   
2 Fortune Teller   
3 Tattoo   
4 Little Billy   

Side B

1 I Can’t Explain   
2 Happy Jack   
3 Relax   

Side C

1 I’m A Boy   
2 A Quick One   

Side D

1 My Way   
2 C’mon Everybody   
3 Shakin’ All Over   
4 Boris The Spider   

Side E

1 My Generation (pt 1)   

Side F

1 My Generation (pt 2)

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

the citadel
Reply #987 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:02pm
the fillmore east show was one first vinyl boots i got, outstanding quality recording of a pre tommy era show.
also coming out is a deluxe of Who Came First (45th Anniversary Expanded Edition) Double CD!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #988 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:16pm
Who's next! Roger Daltrey makes first solo album in 26 years

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/16146766.Who_s_next__Roger_Daltrey_makes_first_s...

The single in studio

The single live

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #989 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 8:09pm
Roger Daltrey of The Who reveals 3 secret children he never knew about

By Adam Wallis       
National Online Journalist, Music  Global News      

https://globalnews.ca/news/4556082/roger-daltrey-kids/

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Georgia USA
Reply #990 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 11:26am
moy wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 8:09pm:

By Adam Wallis       

Joey, Edith and Some Guy?

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #991 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 12:23pm
gimmekeef wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 11:26am:
moy wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 8:09pm:

By Adam Wallis       

Joey, Edith and Some Guy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Child in Wonderland)