Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 142,585 times)
Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #975 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 9:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Can't think of a better replacement for Duckboy.

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

the citadel
Reply #976 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:38pm

wonder what ol reg thinks about that outfit!
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:40pm by mojoman »  

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Voodoo Child in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #977 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm
I couldn’t believe this, The Who was the opening act for Guns n' Roses in South America and now they have a residence in a hotel in Las Vegas… WTF?

Shocked

Blank Frigging Stare Oh no! not you again Ouch! Shit!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Well last night I slept
the sleep of fear

San Bruno
Reply #978 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:13pm
Voodoo Child in Wonderland wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
I couldn’t believe this, The Who was the opening act for Guns n' Roses in South America and now they have a residence in a hotel in Las Vegas… WTF?

Shocked

Blank Frigging Stare Oh no! not you again Ouch! Shit!

The Who opened for Guns N Roses? Are you sure about that? Undecided

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #979 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:04am
Absolutely sure,

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2068419-guns-n-roses-llevo-su-afilada-maquina-de-rock...

In this article you can read just after the title

"Luego de la presentación de The Who, la banda formada en Los Ángeles desplegó destellos de sus años de gloria con un show de más de tres horas"

Just after The Who, the band from Los Ángeles etc etc"

The Who set was about an hour while Guns N Roses played three

https://tn.com.ar/musica/hoy/who-y-guns-nroses-hicieron-historia-en-la-plata_824...

In this article you can read that the audience didn't give a fuck about The Who

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #980 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 8:06am
and also it was commented by friends from our message board in Spanish in Chile and Argentina

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #981 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am

<   ------------   http://www.keyn.com/blogs/who-set-residency-las-vegas

" The WHO To Set Up Residency In Las Vegas "

" British Rock Legends The WHO have been saying “farewell” since the early 1990s ... and they are about to say “hello” to a lengthy residency in Las Vegas! That's a good thing, considering this past summer's tour by the venerable rockers was a blockbuster critical and financial success!

PETE TOWNSHEND and ROGER DALTREY never sounded better, and their energetic and career-spanning performances sold out almost everywhere they played. The Who also performed all of their legendary rock opera Tommy (a rarity!) for a UK charity benefit this past spring and recently released the DVD of the show, again to much critical acclaim!

With all of this happening, and the fact that Townshend and Daltrey are really enjoying themselves, the two original members and the rest of the band are planning an extended stay in Las Vegas now that another British rock legend, Elton John, is closing out his long run of shows in Sin City.

This last Who tour will probably be the last large-scale jaunt for the two original band members, who are now both in their 70s, and while they are opting out of playing large venues in numerous cities, they are apparently very keen on the idea of setting up for a more lengthy run of performances in one place. That place just happens to be the Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace, where The Who played a string of shows earlier this year. According to an article in the UK tabloid The Daily Mirror, promoters in Vegas are eager to have another high profile act step in now that Elton John is wrapping up his residency there.

Apparently all that needs to be worked out is the length of the residency and The Who's compensation. While Elton John racked up a total of 450 shows over 13 years, The Who are planning on a much more modest duration of two years, and it's speculated that the payday for The Who could be close to $46 million. Rock on, Pete & Roger!  "
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2018 at 11:00am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
I Have No Life!

Well last night I slept
the sleep of fear

San Bruno
Reply #982 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Joey wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am:

" British Rock Legends The WHO have been saying “farewell” since the early 1990s ... and they are about to say “hello” to a lengthy residency in Las Vegas! That's a good thing, considering this past summer's tour by the venerable rockers was a blockbuster critical and financial success!

PETE TOWNSHEND and ROGER DALTREY never sounded better, and their energetic and career-spanning performances sold out almost everywhere they played. The Who also performed all of their legendary rock opera Tommy (a rarity!) for a UK charity benefit this past spring and recently released the DVD of the show, again to much critical acclaim!

With all of this happening, and the fact that Townshend and Daltrey are really enjoying themselves, the two original members and the rest of the band are planning an extended stay in Las Vegas now that another British rock legend, Elton John, is closing out his long run of shows in Sin City.

This last Who tour will probably be the last large-scale jaunt for the two original band members, who are now both in their 70s, and while they are opting out of playing large venues in numerous cities, they are apparently very keen on the idea of setting up for a more lengthy run of performances in one place. That place just happens to be the Colosseum Theater at Caesars Palace, where The Who played a string of shows earlier this year. According to an article in the UK tabloid The Daily Mirror, promoters in Vegas are eager to have another high profile act step in now that Elton John is wrapping up his residency there.

Apparently all that needs to be worked out is the length of the residency and The Who's compensation. While Elton John racked up a total of 450 shows over 13 years, The Who are planning on a much more modest duration of two years, and it's speculated that the payday for The Who could be close to $46 million. Rock on, Pete & Roger!  "

Joey, Rog is charging $75 for cheap seats for his upcoming solo tour. Fuck that shit. Fuck that shit. I won't get Nokia'd again.  Shocked

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

the citadel
Reply #983 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:36pm
Joey wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 10:57am:

vegas trip!!

the doctor wants to give me more injections

IP Logged

Edith Grove
I Have No Life!

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #984 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Child in Wonderland)