Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 313,281 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #1025 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:32pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
...+

THE WHO JOIN TOGETHER WITH THE ORCHESTRA BAND AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN (SHOW REVIEW/PHOTOS)

https://glidemagazine.com/225167/the-who-join-together-with-the-orchestra-band-a
t-madison-square-garden-show-review-photos/

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1026 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:33pm

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1027 - May 16th, 2019 at 9:31pm
Normally, I can't stand Fallon, but this is classic.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #1028 - May 17th, 2019 at 3:05pm
It really is!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1029 - May 27th, 2019 at 2:49pm

<  -------------- Jizzy   ?!   .....  !!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.philly.com/entertainment/music/the-who-pete-townshend-roger-daltrey-...

" Review: The Who -- older, but still majestic at Citizens Bank Park . "

by Dan DeLuca, Updated: May 26, 2019 "

" The Who’s show at Citizens Bank on Saturday happened almost 50 years to the day after the British Invasion band celebrated the release of Tommy across town in the cozier confines of the original Electric Factory at 22nd and Arch Streets.

In the half-century since, Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey have most assuredly gotten old, despite their hopes expressed in “My Generation” in 1965. Their band mates Keith Moon and John Entwistle weren’t so lucky – dying in 1978 and 2002, respectively – but the twin front men have carried on in fits and starts, saying “never again,” more than once, but always coming back for more.

And thank goodness for that. Saturday’s holiday weekend performance in South Philadelphia served as a two-hour-plus reminder of the majesty and brute force of the band’s body of work and Townshend’s sui generis songwriting accomplishments. And if anything, it was more powerful and impressive for being unafraid to expose the imperfections that have inevitably revealed themselves with the passage of time.

The show opened with seven songs and 35 minutes of that 1969 deaf, dumb, and blind boy rock opera Tommy, the abridged version. Daltrey toured Townshend’s first magnum opus in its entirety just last year, and then as now, the rock opera was realized with the help of the Philadelphia Chamber Orchestra, featuring violinist Katie Jacoby and cellist Audrey Snyder.

That was a Daltrey solo show, however, and this was a full-on Who performance. So let’s just say that an engaged, gregarious, and at times downright goofy Townshend makes a world of difference.

Before the “Overture” was through, the 74-year-old guitarist had already whipped the crowd into a frenzy with trademark windmill power chords. And although the Who principals have never been besties – friction and Townshend’s vast insecurities have fueled their art – it did seem that the septuagenarians (Daltrey is 75) might actually like as well as need each other these days. (Speaking of seventysomethings, J. Geils Band’s Peter Wolf was terrific in a rousing R&B-infused opening set.)

The idea of two chummy Whos seemed plausible, anyway, from the grin on Townshend’s face when dodging Daltrey’s theatrically twirled microphone. Like, “Whoa, this is kind of fun!” And also from a two-song section alone together, with just Townshend’s manically strummed acoustic and Daltrey’s weathered voice, a little hoarse but strong enough.

They did “Tea & Theatre,” from 2006’s Endless Wire, the tune of most recent vintage in the 24-song set list and also “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” a warhorse effectively rearranged to encourage crowd participation and save Daltrey the strain of hitting notes he can’t reach anymore.

Townshend talked frankly of his own vocal limitations before “Eminence Front” – "I don’t know how my voice is going to be.” (The answer: Not great, but good enough.) And the band also had a couple of false starts, which Townshend teasingly blamed on Zak Starkey, the son of Ringo Starr, who’s a more effective Moon replacement than Kenney Jones was.

The generous-spirited set was creatively constructed. The rarely played “Imagine a Man,” from 1975’s Who By Numbers, made excellent use of the orchestra. “Behind Blue Eyes” was chamber rock, with the aid of Jacoby and Snyder. And the group’s explosive beginnings were nodded to with “Substitute” and “I Can See for Miles,” with the core four of Daltrey, Townshend, Starkey and bassist Jon Button.

The show built to a formidable climax with seven songs from 1973’s Quadrophenia, Townshend’s meisterwerk that made its case gracefully as the high point in orchestral rock history. He handled “Drown” on acoustic guitar by himself, and Daltrey came back with renewed vigor to bellow “Love, Reign O’er Me.”

But of course, there was another de rigueur number. It would not be a Who show without a stadium that was nearly full – thanks to deeply discounted last-minute tickets, going for as little as $10 on StubHub – of baby boomer rock fans shouting, “It’s only teenage wasteland!” on “Baba O’Riley.”

That communal catharsis was taken over the top with the aid of Jacoby, the Hockessin, Del., native and Philadelphia School of Rock graduate who took center stage for a show-stopping violin solo while wearing a Bryce Harper jersey.

Townshend managed a little leap in the air as he came crashing down on the evening’s final chord. “This is the band," he exulted. "That is the orchestra. And this is Philadelphia!”
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2019 at 2:50pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1030 - May 27th, 2019 at 6:05pm
Joey?

Pepto bismol?

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2019 at 6:06pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #1031 - May 28th, 2019 at 6:31am
Nice shots!  Hey Jey!!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1032 - May 28th, 2019 at 11:19am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on May 27th, 2019 at 6:05pm:
Joey?

Pepto bismol?

Thanks Voo  ................

Great Pictures . 

Ten Dollars to see THE WHO   ......... Wow !

Is this 1973 ?!    Smiley

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #1033 - May 28th, 2019 at 2:49pm

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #1034 - May 28th, 2019 at 2:51pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1035 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:26am
'WHO' - THE FIRST STUDIO ALBUM IN OVER 13 YEARS

OUT 22ND NOVEMBER

The eleven-track album was mostly recorded in London and Los Angeles during Spring and Summer 2019, with songs which cover a myriad of subjects including the Grenfell Tower fire, musical theft, spirituality, reincarnation, the power of memory and 'an old rock star that has lost his marbles'.
Roger Daltrey rates it amongst their strongest ''I think we've made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973, Pete hasn't lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter, and he's still got that cutting edge''.

Listen the first track "Ball and C hain" here

https://thewho.lnk.to/ListenBallandChainUM

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1036 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:56pm
The new song is pretty good. Although Pete released it as 'Guantanamo' four years ago

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1037 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 1:56pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:26am:
'WHO' - THE FIRST STUDIO ALBUM IN OVER 13 YEARS

OUT 22ND NOVEMBER

The eleven-track album was mostly recorded in London and Los Angeles during Spring and Summer 2019, with songs which cover a myriad of subjects including the Grenfell Tower fire, musical theft, spirituality, reincarnation, the power of memory and 'an old rock star that has lost his marbles'.
Roger Daltrey rates it amongst their strongest ''I think we've made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973, Pete hasn't lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter, and he's still got that cutting edge''.

Listen the first track "Ball and C hain" here

https://thewho.lnk.to/ListenBallandChainUM

Thanks Voo  . 

If Roger loves the new record you just KNOW this album is heading straight to Number One !!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky   ™

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1038 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 2:12pm
The Who are taking their brand new album on the road in 2020, coming to a town near you:

March 2020
Mon 16 Mar // Manchester Arena, Manchester
Wed 18 Mar // 3Arena, Dublin
Sat 21 Mar // Utilita Arena, Newcastle
Mon 23 Mar // SEC (SSE Hydro Arena), Glasgow
Wed 25 Mar // First Direct Arena, Leeds
Mon 30 Mar // Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Cardiff

April 2020
Wed 1 Apr // Resorts World Arena, Birmingham
Fri 3 Apr // Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
Mon 6 Apr // M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
Wed 8 Apr // The SSE Arena, Wembley

Tickets go on general sale on Friday 20th September. The pre-sale, powered by TicketMaster, goes live at 10am BST 18th September.

To gain access to the pre-sale you must pre-order* any format of WHO by 4pm Tuesday 17th September.
You'll receive your unique pre-sale code by 7pm Tuesday 17th September so keep an eye on your inbox & spam folders.

https://store.thewho.com/*/presale/

Album tracklist :
1. All This Music Must Fade
2. Ball and Chain
3. I Don’t Wanna Get Wise
4. Detour
5. Beads On One String
6. Hero Ground Zero
7. Street Song
8. I’ll Be Back
9. Break The News
10. Rockin’ In Rage
11. She Rocked My World

The deluxe edition contains a jewelcase CD with 12 page booklet featuring the 11 track album plus 3 bonus tracks. Bonus tracks to be revealed soon.

The Who are back with their first new album in thirteen years entitled WHO due for release on 22nd November.
The eleven-track album was mostly recorded in London and Los Angeles during Spring and Summer 2019 and was co-produced by Pete Townshend & Dave Sardy with vocal production by Dave Eringa.
Singer Roger Daltrey and guitarist and songwriter Pete Townshend are joined on the album by long-time Who drummer Zak Starkey, bassist Pino Palladino along with contributions from Simon Townshend, Benmont Tench, Carla Azar, Joey Waronker and Gordon Giltrap.
The album cover has been created by famed pop artist, Sir Peter Blake who first met the band in 1964 at a taping of the legendary TV show Ready Steady Go. Sir Peter designed and contributed a painting to the sleeve of The Who’s album Face Dances in 1981.
The songs on WHO cover a myriad of subjects including the Grenfell Tower fire, musical theft, spirituality, reincarnation, the power of memory and ‘an old rock star that has lost his marbles’. Singer Roger Daltrey rates it amongst their strongest “I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973, Pete hasn’t lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter, and he’s still got that cutting edge”.
Pete Townshend "This album is almost all new songs written last year, with just two exceptions. There is no theme, no concept, no story, just a set of songs that I (and my brother Simon) wrote to give Roger Daltrey some inspiration, challenges and scope for his newly revived singing voice. Roger and I are both old men now, by any measure, so I’ve tried to stay away from romance, but also from nostalgia if I can. I didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Memories are OK, and some of the songs refer to the explosive state of things today. I made new home studio demos of all these songs in the summer of 2018 using a wide collection of instruments old and new.”

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1039 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 10:02am

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1040 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 5:21am
The Who abruptly postpones midway through electric Toyota Center performance

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/09-26-19-the-who-moving-on-tour...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #1041 - Sep 27th, 2019 at 5:52pm
Joey wrote on May 28th, 2019 at 11:19am:
[quote author=566F6F646F6F4368696C64496E576C616E64000 link=1251304913/1030#1030 date=1558998314]Joey?

Ten Dollars to see THE WHO   ......... Wow !

Is this 1973 ?!    Smiley

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky ! [/color][/size][/font][/highlight]

i splurged and spent twenty five. peter wolf warmed up hadnt seen him since that night stumblin out of cab near the prudential center where he swung at me when i asked how faye was doing. he did a great set, might actual be on the same diet as mick the j. the who were very heavy.....well to heavy with all the extras and sadly pete didnt strangle the guitar enough. i did see moon but it was only the screen.should had some of the woodstock party favours. hope we get a tour next year though i dont know how they can make any money on ten dollar tix

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #1042 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 11:00am
San Francisco 10/9/19

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #1043 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 11:05am

...Who-3-1.jpg[/img]

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1044 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 6:39pm
Went to both Hollywood Bowl shows as well as San Diego and I gotta say these are the best shows The Who have done since they were really The Who. They are utilizing the big band format much better than other recent (as in 1989) tours and are really in the groove.

Might hit the last Hollywood Bowl show and even rescheduled Denver too.

Also saw Mongolian band The Hu in between the 2 Bowl shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXyHoeOZ0ag
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2019 at 7:01pm by ijwthstd »  

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1045 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 8:59am

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-honoured-with-the-first-stone-in-the-music-walk-o...

" THE WHO HONOURED WITH THE FIRST STONE ON THE MUSIC WALK OF FAME, LONDON .  "

" The Who have been honoured with the very first stone on the new Music Walk of Fame in Camden, north London. In a ceremony today in Camden High Street, the band were introduced to the crowds who thronged the pavements by Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream and Lee Bennett, founder of the Music Walk of Fame. Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, accompanied by Chris Entwistle, son of the late John Entwistle, unveiled the granite plaque set in the pavement outside Camden Town tube station.

In a statement, Roger and Pete said: “We are honoured to be the first band with a stone on the Music Walk Of Fame. Camden has always been vital to London’s thriving music scene and is, as we all know, a world-renowned hub for the arts. As Londoners, it’s very surreal to be immortalised in stone on Camden High Street, and it’s quite something to know that people can pop by and see us anytime, albeit virtually.”

Music Walk of Fame Founder Lee Bennett added: “What a great day for music, fans, the world, London, and Camden. To cap it off by having one of the greatest bands of all time, I’m thrilled to bits.”

The Music Walk of Fame will eventually stretch all the way from the Roundhouse down Chalk Farm Road and on into Camden High Street making it one of London’s great tourist attractions for music fans the world over.

Before they unveiled the stone both Pete and Roger added their personal comments to today’s occasion.

Pete: “I just want to say thanks. This isn’t really our neighbourhood, this should be going down in Goldhawk Road but those f*****s have got no money. This is great, I think this will be great for Camden, it will be great for London, it will be great for the neighbourhood and it will be great for our business. One of the biggest exports that we have in the UK for people of my age, who have grown up with music, is the fact that we are artistically very talented. We have all contributed, we are all still contributing and we will go on to do so, and this will be something that I think really is a measure of what we all do in this country, and my tax bill this year will hopefully go to fix the f***ing roads.”

To which Roger added, “I can’t do much talking, I’m off for a voice op on Friday but just to say it’s great. It’s a shame it’s not in the Goldhawk Road but it’s great that it’s in Camden because Camden’s roots with the music business go way back. It has a really good history of supporting the music business, a great place to come for the best of the music that is out there at the moment, so may it long reign. May this avenue of stars grow and grow and grow because we have, as Pete said, got the best music industry, real music industry, in the world.”
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:01am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1046 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:29am

<   ------ Where were you when you heard the news forty years ago ?  This Young Joey was a wee fifteen year old Sophomore riding in his morning carpool to his Jesuit Preparatory High School when the news broke  . Emotional !!!!   :

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-the-night-that-changed-rock/

" THE WHO: THE NIGHT THAT CHANGED ROCK . "

" Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey sit down for their very first long-form television interview about what happened 40 years ago when 11 people died outside Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The Who band members Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey share their detailed personal accounts of what happened the night of 3 December 1979, when 11 young people were killed outside a coliseum before their concert started. In the WCPO documentary, The Who: The Night That Changed Rock, they talk about how this single event forever changed rock and the lives of so many people. While they didn’t know about the deaths until after the concert ended, they have lived with the pain of the losses for 40 years.

The band’s long-time manager, Bill Curbishley, witnessed the deaths and made the call to let the band play. “Despite everything,” says Curbishley, “I still feel inadequate. I don’t know about the guys, but for me, I left a little bit of my soul in Cincinnati.”

Survivors of that night and family members of some of the victims also provide new and chilling accounts of the crowd crush responsible for the deaths. They share intimate details of their loved ones to mark 40 years since the event. The band members and Finneytown residents also reveal a special relationship between The Who and Finneytown High School, where three of the victims were students. The documentary shares how that relationship has turned a horrible night into something positive.

The documentary, created and hosted by Emmy® award-winning anchor Tanya O’Rourke, tells the stories of those who died and those who survived and examines how it changed her small community. O’Rourke grew up in Finneytown, the small suburb of Cincinnati where three of the 11 who died also grew up. Along the way, she and the WCPO team discovered the long-term effect the tragedy had on concerts across the country as well as on the individuals who survived the incident and the family members of those who did not.

“December 3, 1979, didn’t just change some details at rock concerts. That night changed the lives of many in our region,” said Mike Canan, senior director of local content for WCPO. “This documentary is an unprecedented effort to tell the story of that one night and its impacts. I’m proud of our team’s work in commemorating those who were lost that night. I’m equally proud of Tanya and our team’s empathy for the victims and those who have dealt with loss and guilt from this incident for 40 years.”

This 60-minute documentary will air on 3 December, the 40th anniversary of the tragedy, at 8:00pm. Eastern Time on WCPO-TV and stream live on www.wcpo.com. The documentary and expanded interviews will also be available wherever you stream WCPO. A companion podcast will be available 4 December.

Read WCPO’s digital preview of The Who: The Night That Changed Rock here. " 
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2019 at 10:11am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #1047 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 8:54pm

<   ------------   THIS IS NO SOCIAL CRISIS    ...........   FORTY YEARS AGO TODAY  !!!!!!!!!!!    .............   " CINCINNATI ! "   ...............  ANOTHER TRICKY DAY   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/12/02/who-concert-tragedy-40-years-ag...

https://www.wcpo.com/news/the-who-the-night-that-changed-rock/the-who-concert-ba...

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2019 at 3:46pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1048 - Dec 6th, 2019 at 11:26am
Who by The Who is out now!

https://open.spotify.com/album/2WuaYvGgx9MS1Vj37aBiyU?si=dUQ5HMAiQRynxk4KsBm5TQ

Listening! it's goooooood!

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #1049 - Dec 6th, 2019 at 12:37pm
Hey Joey!  I've been listening to new WHO all day!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)