Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Which is Joshie's favorite Beatles song?

Revolution 9:15    
  4 (12.9%)
You Really Got a Hold on Deuteronome    
  1 (3.2%)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Yahweh    
  6 (19.4%)
Nowhere Menorah    
  5 (16.1%)
You're Going to Lose that Goy-l    
  14 (45.2%)
Israel Be Back    
  1 (3.2%)
Esau Her Standing There    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 31
« Last Modified by: Starbuck on: Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:36pm »

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 232
Send Topic Print
The all Macca thread (Read 99,237 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Happy Birthday jb ==> The all Macca thread
Reply #5575 - Jan 25th, 2014 at 9:25am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
' joey   ...... what is brother jb doing out in L.A.  ?    '

****************   " SIGH !!!! "   ************************

" January 24, 2014 -- Macca Report News

"  Paul at The Eagles concert Thursday night  "

" Backstage at the LA Forum with Paul, Joe Walsh and Steward Copeland  "

" Joe Walsh posted this photo on his facebook page and said:

"Great show & good friends at the Forum show last night!" (Thursday January 23rd at the Los Angeles Forum in Inglewood)

January 24, 2014 -- Untimate Classic Rock

Rush, Fleetwood Mac and Paul McCartney Lead Ultimate Classic Rock Awards

With two weeks of voting down and three still to go, Rush, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath and Paul McCartney have taken early leads in various categories of the 2014 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards.

Of course, with fans of all these popular acts free to vote once an hour from now until February 11, there s plenty of time for the rankings to change. But so far, Rush are lined up to be the big winners, sitting in first place in three categories and second place in another. All four of these honors are tied to their acclaimed Clockwork Angels tour, which leads in the Tour of the Year competition as well as DVD and Live Album of the Year. In addition, The Garden, which originally was released on 2012 2s Clockwork Angels album but got its own Record Store Day release last year, is up for Song of the Year.

Paul McCartney and Black Sabbath are currently dueling for both Artist and Album of the Year, with the former Beatle lined up for the former honor and Sabbath s 13 2 in the pole position for the year s best record. Here s the full list of frontrunners:

VOTE FOR PAUL!!!
Artist of the - Year - Paul McCartney
Album of the Year  - Black Sabbath, "13" (in second, Paul McCartney, "New")
Live Album - Rush, "Clockwork Angels Tour" - (in second, The Beatles, "Live at the BBC Vol. 2")
Song of the Year - Rush, "The Garden" (in second, Paul McCartney, "Queenie Eye" )

The nominees for the 2014 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards were selected by the editors and writers of UCR.

Be sure to cast your vote (at least once per hour, if you wish) in the polls below before they close on February 11 at 10AM ET. "

http://themaccareport.com/news/report.htm

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5576 - Jan 26th, 2014 at 4:24pm
" January 26, 2014 -- Liverpool Echo

Beatles stars Paul and Ringo to perform together at LA Grammys show

Organisers confirm Beatles legends will be on stage together

Beatles stars Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are to play together at tonight's Grammy music awards in Los Angeles, the organisers have confirmed.

It is believed to be the first time the pair have appeared together since 2010, when McCartney rushed the stage during Starr's 70th birthday party.

The surviving Beatles are billed alongside each other on a list of the artists performing at the 56th Grammy Awards, which will begin at 1am British time (8pm ET)

The list was released on the Grammy website.

It is also believed they will play together tomorrow for a special recording of the Ed Sullivan Show - on which The Beatles performed 50 years ago.

Ahead of tonight's performance, Sir Paul tweeted:
"Can't wait to see what all my good friends have in store for their performances at @TheGRAMMYs #ringostarrmusic."

Macca is also nominated for Best Music Video with "Live Kisses" and Best Rock Song for "Cut Me Some Slack".

The pair have only performed together a handful of times in the 13 years since George Harrison died.

As well as Ringo's Birthday, they sung at a memorial concert for the Harrison at the Royal Albert Hall in 2002 and at a charity gig in New York seven years later.

Other stars due to perform at the Grammys include Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Stevie Wonder, and Pharrell Williams.  "

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2014 at 4:25pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #5577 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 8:17am
JB's alive ! It's alive !!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5578 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 8:17am:

Too big to fail. What a post Ronnie!!!!!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5579 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 1:49pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm:

SCL?

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=810906

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5580 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:33pm
mojoman wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 1:40pm:

SCL?

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=810906

I am now so excited. I'm typing with Joey's hog................and wondering which bank to rob to pay for tickets. Oh no! not you again Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5581 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:08am
" April 24, 2014 -- PM.com

OUT THERE' 2014 CALIFORNIA DATE CONFIRMED:
August 14 - San Francisco, CA - Candlestick Park

Following an incredible 2013 which saw Paul McCartney's 'Out There' tour launch in Brazil and visit 23 cities across South America, Europe, North America and Japan, Paul has now confirmed one more very special show on the 2014 U.S. 'Out There' tour.

Currently tearing through Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Costa Rica, with Paul's return to Japan and debut in Korea set for next month, the 'Out There' 2014 world tour is now confirmed to visit California.

Putting the rumor mill to rest, Paul has confirmed that he will indeed return to San Francisco August 14 to play Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert.

This once in a lifetime occasion is sure to be doubly bittersweet as Paul closes the same iconic venue where The Beatles played their final concert date on August 29, 1966. Of Paul's most recent visit to San Francisco, headlining last year's Outside Lands festival, the SF Weekly gushed, "One of pop music's original supernovas... let us bask in its incredible warmth for the best part of three hours The question of whether or not it was a 'good' show almost doesn't apply - Paul McCartney was good in a way that no other show could be."

Tickets for the newly announced date will be on sale Monday, May 5 at 10am local time.

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Thursday, May 1 at 10am through Sunday, May 4 at 10pm.  "

... !!!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:10am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5582 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:03am

Emotional !!!! :

http://www.beatlesbible.com/1976/04/25/john-lennon-paul-mccartney-final-meeting/

" John Lennon and Paul McCartney’s final meeting
12.00pm, Sunday 25 April 1976 (38 years ago)  "

" The day after they considered an appearance on NBC’s Saturday Night (later Saturday Night Live), John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the final time.
Although the pair were on good terms, the encounter was not a success. McCartney turned up unannounced at the Dakota building, where Lennon lived, and was turned away.

That was a period when Paul just kept turning up at our door with a guitar. I would let him in, but finally I said to him, ‘Please call before you come over. It’s not 1956, and turning up at the door isn’t the same anymore. You know, just give me a ring.’ He was upset by that, but I didn’t mean it badly. I just meant that I was taking care of a baby all day, and some guy turns up at the door. "

" McCartney left for Dallas, Texas, where the following day Wings began rehearsals for the US leg of their world tour. Although he stayed in contact with Lennon until the latter’s death in 1980, the pair would never again meet face-to-face.  "

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:04am by Joey »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5583 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 2:09pm
Joey wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:08am:
" April 24, 2014 -- PM.com

OUT THERE' 2014 CALIFORNIA DATE CONFIRMED:
August 14 - San Francisco, CA - Candlestick Park

Following an incredible 2013 which saw Paul McCartney's 'Out There' tour launch in Brazil and visit 23 cities across South America, Europe, North America and Japan, Paul has now confirmed one more very special show on the 2014 U.S. 'Out There' tour.

Currently tearing through Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Costa Rica, with Paul's return to Japan and debut in Korea set for next month, the 'Out There' 2014 world tour is now confirmed to visit California.

Putting the rumor mill to rest, Paul has confirmed that he will indeed return to San Francisco August 14 to play Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert.

This once in a lifetime occasion is sure to be doubly bittersweet as Paul closes the same iconic venue where The Beatles played their final concert date on August 29, 1966. Of Paul's most recent visit to San Francisco, headlining last year's Outside Lands festival, the SF Weekly gushed, "One of pop music's original supernovas... let us bask in its incredible warmth for the best part of three hours The question of whether or not it was a 'good' show almost doesn't apply - Paul McCartney was good in a way that no other show could be."

Tickets for the newly announced date will be on sale Monday, May 5 at 10am local time.

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Thursday, May 1 at 10am through Sunday, May 4 at 10pm.  "

... !!!!!

Joey, you coming out for this?

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #5584 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:36pm
IF YOU SIGN UP THRU HIS FACEBOOK PAGE, YOU CAN BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APRIL 29TH PRE-SALE FOR CANDLESTICK AND DODGER STADIUM. (I AM STILL CONSIDERING SF SHOW).....

...oops, sorry about the caps...

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5585 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Bluzdude wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:36pm:
IF YOU SIGN UP THRU HIS FACEBOOK PAGE, YOU CAN BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN APRIL 29TH PRE-SALE FOR CANDLESTICK AND DODGER STADIUM. (I AM STILL CONSIDERING SF SHOW).....

...oops, sorry about the caps...

Really? I'll have to check that out. Thanks BD.  You rock!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5586 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 6:11pm
" Joey, you coming out for this ?  "

Sorry S.C.L .   ...............................

I am going to the Lincoln , NE & Kansas City , MO gigs .

There are rumours of an Omaha , NE show sometime this summer .

Developing .................................

'kins ™

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5587 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 6:54pm

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5588 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 7:13pm
Joey wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
" Joey, you coming out for this ?  "

Sorry S.C.L .   ...............................

I am going to the Lincoln , NE & Kansas City , MO gigs .

There are rumours of an Omaha , NE show sometime this summer .

Developing .................................

'kins ™

Will their be tarps?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5589 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 5:07am
" Will their be tarps ? "

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5590 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 6:20pm
I'm in! You rock! You rock! You rock!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5591 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:25pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #5592 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 5:36am
Joey ?

The Beatles ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ to Return to Theaters
by Dave Lifton April 29, 2014

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the release of their first film, the Beatles will bring ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ back into movie theaters across the country. You can view the trailer above.

The L.A. Times reports that it will be re-released on the Fourth of July weekend, very close to the original U.K. premiere date of July 6, 1964. The soundtrack has been newly mastered and mixed for 5.1 surround sound by Giles Martin, the son of original Beatles producer Sir George Martin, who worked on the 2009 remastering of their catalog, as well.

‘A Hard Day’s Night’ will also be re-released as a Criterion Collection Blu-ray/DVD on June 24. The set includes a 4K digital restoration with three audio options, commentary by cast and crew, several documentaries about the making of the movie and two pieces devoted to director Richard Lester.

Originally intended to capitalize on the Beatles’ rising fame, ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ surprised everyone, especially critics, by not being like the other movies that featured pop stars at the time. “We’d loved ‘The Girl Can’t Help It’ and we knew that you could make a rock ‘n’ roll film,” Paul McCartney said. “We’d seen these little American productions and, although they were low budget and not very good, they did have music and we always went to see them.”

Read More: The Beatles ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ to Return to Theaters | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-hard-days-night-theatres/?trackback=tsmcl...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5593 - Apr 30th, 2014 at 7:47am
" A Hard Day’s Night’ will also be re-released as a Criterion Collection Blu-ray/DVD on June 24. The set includes a 4K digital restoration with three audio options, commentary by cast and crew, several documentaries about the making of the movie and two pieces devoted to director Richard Lester.  "

Great Film and even BETTER Soundtrack    ---- almost a John Lennon solo album ...... almost Smiley

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5594 - May 2nd, 2014 at 11:50am
[quote author=30323732303C335D0 link=1222042368/5591#5591 date=1398817506]scl?
kins?

Fancy a bit of rock & roll..................Yes Mojo. SCL!  You rock!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5595 - May 23rd, 2014 at 4:48am

https://music.yahoo.com/news/paul-mccartney-hospitalized-virus-complete-recovery
-expected-205510685-rolling-stone.html

" Paul McCartney Hospitalized for Virus, Complete Recovery Expected  "

" Paul McCartney has been hospitalized for the virus that caused him to cancel a string of Japanese dates and one in South Korea earlier this week. A rep for the former Beatle says the treatment he received at a Tokyo hospital was successful. "He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days rest," the statement said. "Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."

Find Out Where Paul McCartney's 'New' Ranked on Our List of the 50 Best Albums of 2013

Reports of McCartney's hospitalization began circulating online early Thursday morning. As reported by USA Today (via Japan's Sankei Sports newspaper), McCartney had been admitted after his infection worsened.

Last weekend, McCartney postponed a number of dates on the Japanese leg of his Out There tour after coming down with the virus. On Tuesday, he canceled the remaining dates of the tour, including his much-anticipated return to the Nippon Budokan where the Beatles played in 1966. Later, he canceled the final date of his Asian tour, which was to take place in Seoul, Korea. "I was really looking forward to visiting and playing in South Korea for the first time and I'm sorry to be letting fans down," he said in a statement.

McCartney had attempted to kick off his Asian trek on an uptick. Last week, he debuted the whimsical video for "Appreciate," a track off last year's New album, exclusively in Japan in advance of the tour.

McCartney is currently scheduled to tour the U.S. in June, playing 18 gigs. The final show will take place at San Francisco's Candlestick Park, the stadium's final show; as it happens, it was also where the Beatles played their final full concert in August 1966   "

'kins ®

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5596 - May 25th, 2014 at 11:17pm
what's the matter with jew boy?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5597 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:04am

Happy Happy 72nd Birthday Today Paul  !!!!!!!!!

June 18, 2014 -- IB Times (UK)
By Ben Skipper

Happy Birthday Paul McCartney: 20 Great Quotes From The Beatles Frontman

On his 72nd birthday we've gathered 20 of Paul McCartney's best quotes about life, being a musician, The Beatles and... video games?

1. "One of my biggest thrills for me still is sitting down with a guitar or a piano and just out of nowhere trying to make a song happen."

2. "I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird."

3. "Somebody said to me, 'But the Beatles were anti-materialistic'. That's a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, 'Now, let's write a swimming pool'."

4. "None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds he was the fat guy who always played at the back."

5. "I don't work at being ordinary."

6. "Why would I retire? Sit at home and watch TV? No thanks. I'd rather be out playing."

7. "It was Elvis who really got me hooked on beat music. When I heard Heartbreak Hotel, I thought, 'this is it'."

8. "I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple."

9. "If children are studying the 20th century, I'm in their text books."

10. "There are only four people who knew what the Beatles were about anyway."

11. "John's time and effort were, in the main, spent on pretty honourable stuff. As for the other side, well, nobody's perfect, nobody's Jesus. And look what they did to him."

12. "Everybody at EMI had become part of the furniture. I'd be a couch; Coldplay are an armchair. Robbie Williams, I dread to think what he was."

13. "But with writers, there's nothing wrong with melancholy. It's an important colour in writing."

14. "Being in the audience actually looks like quite a lot of fun."

15. "My grandkids always beat me at [the video game] Rock Band. And I say, 'Listen, you may beat me at Rock Band, but I made the original records, so shut up'."

16. "I can take pot or leave it. I got busted in Japan for it. I was nine days without it and there wasn't a hint of withdrawal, nothing."

17. "You know, as a kid I would have thought of a vegetarian as a wimp."

18. "I figure I've probably got a better chance of coming up with a good Paul McCartney song than Oasis has."

19. "The thing with The X Factor is, you don't have to turn it on. It is really not a bad thing. You are talking about people being on the dole (welfare) - this gets people off the dole. It gives some people an opportunity, it gives them confidence, it gives them work. There is nothing wrong with that."

20. "It's also not unusual for writers to look backward. Because that's your pool of resources."

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #5598 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:18am
Happy Birthday Sir Paul.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #5599 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:27am
Sir Paul!! We love you.

Feliz cumpleańos.

“I think people who create and write, it actually does flow – just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they right it down. It’s simple.”
    ― Paul McCartney

“What I have to say is all in the music. If I want to say anything, I write a song.”
    ― Paul McCartney

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:30am by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 232
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)