Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Which is Joshie's favorite Beatles song?

Revolution 9:15    
  4 (12.9%)
You Really Got a Hold on Deuteronome    
  1 (3.2%)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Yahweh    
  6 (19.4%)
Nowhere Menorah    
  5 (16.1%)
You're Going to Lose that Goy-l    
  14 (45.2%)
Israel Be Back    
  1 (3.2%)
Esau Her Standing There    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 31
« Last Modified by: Starbuck on: Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:36pm »

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 232
Send Topic Print
The all Macca thread (Read 99,890 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Happy Birthday jb ==> The all Macca thread
Reply #5550 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 3:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
' joey  ..... what if brian epstein had lived another ten years ?  '

*************** " SIGH !!!!!! "  *******************

The following Some Guy    ...... THE FOLLOWING !!!!! :

... !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5551 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Joey, is jb scared?

Maybe sit down before you read any further.

Paul McGuinness, the only manager U2 has had in its 30+ year history, is stepping aside and Live Nation reportedly is set to buy Principle Management. That's according to the New York Times, which quotes "several people with direct knowledge of the talks." The Times says Live Nation is also planning to buy Maverick, the company owned by Guy Oseary -- Madonna's manager since 2005. Oseary would become U2's day-to-day manager while McGuinness would have a "chairman" title.

Although the Live Nation involvement isn't official yet, McGuinness did essentially confirm his departure in this statement to the Times:

"It could be seen as slightly poor etiquette for a manager to consider retiring before his artist has split, quit or died, but U2 have never subscribed to the rock 'n' roll code of conduct. As I approach the musically relevant age of 64 I have resolved to take a less hands-on role as the band embark on the next cycle of their extraordinary career.

"I am delighted that Live Nation, who with Arthur Fogel have been our long term touring partners, have joined us in creating this powerful new force in artist management. I have long regarded Guy Oseary as the best manager of his generation, and there is no one else I would have considered to take over the day-to-day running of our business."

Billboard magazine was unable to confirm any more of the management shuffle, but in its article there's additional news about U2's musical plans. Billboard says the next album is tentatively set to be released in April, and U2 is looking for "brand partners" to help announce the album via a Super Bowl TV commercial. Billboard says Oseary is leading those discussions.

So this is obviously huge news, all but confirmed by McGuinness' statement. While you're waiting for the next bit of news to come in, feel free to join your fellow fans who are already discussing this in the @U2 forum.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5552 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 6:31am
Joey, why is jb being so intimidated?

The Irish Times has a lengthy and very good article looking back at Paul McGuinness' career as U2's manager, and what his departure might mean going forward. It also includes this unofficial and unconfirmed statement about the timing of U2's new album and a tour:

"Today, sales of the new U2 album, which is due out in March, no longer really matter much. Sales of tickets for their world tour, which is due to begin in June, really do!".

That's a little different from the most recent reports related to a new album. When news hit last week about McGuinness' decision to step aside, Billboard magazine cited sources that said the album would be released in April 2014.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5553 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 11:30am
' joey  ...... why is brother jb so concerned these days   ?   is it trut ( ' sic ' ) that Bibi Netanyahu is all talk and no action  ?  '

****************** " SIGH !!!!!! "  ***************

I am afraid so Some Guy  ......... I am afraid SO !!!!! :

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-not-nuclear-weapon-netanyahu-144518791.html

" Iran will not get a nuclear weapon: Netanyahu  "

" Moscow (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday vowed Israel would never let Iran obtain a nuclear weapon, as world powers sought a deal with Tehran in Geneva over its nuclear drive.

Netanyahu insists on 'real solution' to Iran nuclear crisis AFP Iran, world powers lock horns at nuclear talks AFP Netanyahu 'unimpressed' by IAEA nuclear report on Iran AFP Kerry to visit Israel on Friday to discuss Iran deal: Netanyahu Reuters Israel to convince world to avoid 'bad' Iran deal: PM AFP "I pledge Iran will not get a nuclear weapon," Netanyahu, who has never ruled out military action against Tehran, said in a Hebrew-language speech to leaders of Russia's Jewish community in Moscow. He did not elaborate.

Speaking on the second day of a visit to Moscow to campaign against an emerging world power deal with Iran, Netanyahu accused Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei of echoing the lexicon of the Nazi Holocaust.

"Yesterday, Iran's supreme leader, Khamenei, said 'death to America, death to Israel', he said that Jews are not human beings."

"Sound familiar?" Netanyahu asked.

"The Iranians deny our past and speak time afer time of their commitment to wipe the state of Israel off the map," he added. "That reminds us of the dark regimes which in the past began by persecuting us and later the whole of mankind,"

Khamenei told militia commanders in Tehran on Wednesday that Israel, Iran's arch-foe, was "doomed to collapse", "the rabid dog" of the Middle East, and had leaders "not worthy" of being called "human".

"That is the real Iran," Netanyahu said. "Such an Iran must not get a nuclear weapon."

After talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday, Netanyahu insisted on the need for a "real" solution to the Iranian nuclear crisis.

Netanyahu's speech in Moscow came as Iran and world powers were set Thursday to begin hammering out a landmark deal freezing parts of Tehran's atomic programme to ease fears of the Islamic republic obtaining nuclear weapons.

Tehran insists that its nuclear programme is entirely peaceful.

"Iran will continue to harden its positions in the negotiations until the last moment, because it feels that it can," a senior official in the Israeli delegation to Moscow told accompanying journalists on Thursday.

"There is a possibility that the interim agreement with Iran will become the final agreement," he said.

"The true face of Iran is the face of the its ruler, Khamenei, who yesterday again attacked the United States while the mob in front of him cried, 'Death to America.'

"We strongly condemn these things," the official said.

"We want a peaceful solution, a diplomatic solution, everybody prefers that to any other solution...but it needs to be a real solution," Netanyahu said after meeting Putin on Wednesday night, adding that this would involve Iran halting nuclear work in the same way as Syria was allowing its chemical weapons arsenal to be destroyed.

"I don't imagine that the international community would have accepted an agreement whereby Syria slightly thinned out its stock of chemical materials, most of it stayed in place and the ability to produce such a weapon remained unchanged," he said.

"That is more or less what's on the table in Geneva."

Iran would have to halt uranium enrichment, dismantle centrifuges, have enriched uranium material sent abroad and stop work on its Arak heavy water reactor, he said.

Netanyahu was due to visit Moscow's Jewish museum before heading home on Thursday night. "

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2013 at 11:36am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5554 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:46pm
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/did-jfk-death-really-possible-beatlemani...

" Did JFK’s Death Really Make It Possible for Beatlemania to Live?  "

" But clearly America was living through its own Twilight Zone in the funk that followed 11/22/63. And for 50 million adolescents in search of an exit, there was nothing to replace a shining young role model in a suit like four even sunnier and even younger heroes in suits.

The Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia is among those who remembered the Beatles' emergence in those dark days as "a happy flash, post-Kennedy assassination. Like the first good news."

" Are there good reasons to resist the JFK-grief-begat-Beatlemania theories? For some music buffs, it's dismissive of the Beatles' talent to suggest they wouldn't have broken out at all if America hadn't required a musical Valium.

I talked with Benmont Tench, the keyboard player for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (and hundreds of great non-Petty records), who first tipped me to the revisionist Slate essay by tweeting a link. He's disinclined to put too much stock in the post-assassination connection because it doesn't give the Beatles themselves enough credit for the mania   "

LBJOEY ™

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2013 at 2:51pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5555 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 4:47pm
Joey, what is jb running from?

http://youtu.be/DUZPzslBhx4

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5556 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 5:58pm
" November 21, 2013 -- Macca Report News EXCLUSIVE!!
by Jash, Macca Reporter

November 21: Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome - Third Show

On the day of the concert, tickets were available at the box office at 3pm. There was a line of about 500 people waiting for tickets at 3pm. Many had stood in line since 11am.

There were also many people waiting for Paul to arrive at the Tokyo Dome. About 500 + had gathered there.

Paul left the Pennisula Tokyo Hotel at 4:10 pm and got to the Tokyo Dome before 4:30 pm. Macca's car entourage passed by the waiting fans with Paul waving as the car went by.

The sound check started around 4:40 pm and lasted until 5:30 pm.

SOUND CHECK SETLIST

Gibson Les Paul Guitar (People painted)
1. Twenty Flight Rock
2. Blue Suede Shoes

Hofner Bass
3. Coming Up
4. Flaming Pie

Piano
5. Let 'Em In
6. Miss Ann - (Old jazz standard by Eric Dolphy Paul used to play during The Beatles' Get Back sessions.)

Martin D12 Acoustic Guitar
7. It's So Easy
8. San Francisco Bay Blues
9. Every Night
10. Aligator

Ukulele
11. Ram On
12. Big Barn Bed (A request from the 'soundcheckers')

Gibson 12-string Acoustic Guitar
13. Midnight Special

Epiphone Texan Acoustic Guitar
14. Bluebird

Magic Piano
15. Massage Theme intro- Lady Madonna (short version)

CONCERT SETLIST

1. Eight Days A Week
2. Save Us
3. All My Loving
4. Listen To What The Man Said
5. 5. Let Me Roll It/ Foxy Lady Coda
6. Paperback Writer
7. My Valentine
8. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
9. The Long And Winding Road
10. Maybe I'm Amazed
11. I've Just Seen A Face
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Another Day
14. And I Love Her
15. Blackbird
16. Here Today
17. New
18. Queenie Eye
19. Lady Madonna
20. All Together Now
21. Lovely Rita
22. Everybody Out There
23. Eleanor Rigby
24. Being for the Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
25. Something
26. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
27. Band On The Run
28. Back In The U.S.S.R.
29. Let It Be
30. Live And Let Die
31. Hey Jude

Encore One
32. Day Tripper
33. Hi Hi Hi
34. Get Back

Encore Two
35. Yesterday
36. Helter Skelter
37. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

THE CONCERT

Caroline Kennedy ambassador to Japan arrived at the arena at 7:00pm. Kennedy chatted with Paul in the dressing room before the concert. The audience of the arena welcomed her. She was seen leaving the venue in the middle of "Hey Jude."

Freda Kelly, was visiting Japan to promote her movie "Good Ol Freda." Kelly attended the concert but did not meet with Paul.

Because the concert was behind schedule the screen collages did not run until 7pm. At this time, the unreleased dance remixes played. The slow version of "The End" began rather quickly into the collage sequence and Paul appeared on stage at 7:20 pm wear the crimson jacket he wore in Osaka.

Paul was in excellent voice and the crowd was very enthusiastic. Many times he spoke Japanese.

"Konbanwa Tokyo, Tadaima" (Good evening Tokyo. I came home)

"Konban mo Nihongo Ganbari Masu. Demo Eigo no Houga Tokui Desu" (I'll try to speak Japanese, but I'm better at speaking English)

"Minna Arigato" (Thank you all)

"Tugino Kyoku ha Linda no Tameni Kakimashita" (I wrote next song for Linda.) before "Maybe I'm Amazed."

Paul seemed to like to pronounce and repeated "Kakimashita."

"Tsugi no Uta wa John no Tamedesu" (The next song is for John) before "Here Today."

"George ni Hakusyu wo" (Applause for George) before "Something."

"Issyo ni Utaou yo" (Let's sing along) before "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da."

"Sugoi ne Kinoenai Daijoubu" (Awesome! Do I have some trouble hearing? No, I'm OK) after "Live And Let Die."

Paul dedicated "Let It Be" and " Yesterday " to victims of the earthquake before this show, but there was no dedication this day .

On this day, because it was the last show in Japan, there was a plan by the promoter Kyodo Tokyo, to give away glow sticks to all the audiences. They were instructed to raise the glow sticks during "Yesterday."

During "Yesterday," Paul was very moved when the audience raised the glow sticks in his honor.

At the second encore Paul brought out the Union Jack painted Hofner (first played at the Queen's Jubilee Concert) for "Helter Skelter."

Paul left the stage saying "See you next time!Thank you Tokyo!"

http://themaccareport.com/news/report.htm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5557 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:29pm
' joey ................... is Bibi another Begin ?   '

*************** " SIGH !!!!! "  ******************

" Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin enunciated what came to be known as the Begin doctrine: "On no account shall we permit an enemy to develop weapons of mass destruction (WMD) against the people of Israel". This doctrine has been used by Israeli politicians to justify a possible attack on Iran's project to develop a nuclear facility. A second part of his doctrine was protection and safeguarding of any Jewish person any where in the world. After the 1979 revolution in Iran the new government of Ayatollah Khomeini executed few prominent Iranian Jews. He immediately responded to the summary executions by announcing in Israel's Parliament Knesset " any further murder of Jews in Iran is considered an act of war with Israel.

Soon after his declaration the executions stopped.

Begin formed the doctrine to justify the Israeli attack on the Iraqi nuclear reactor Osirak in Operation Opera in 1981. After the attack many foreign powers opposed it and the United Nations Security Council passed United Nations Security Council Resolution 487 condemning the attacks. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begin_doctrine

Yoni is rolling over in his Grave right now  ....

Why must more Jews die  ........  ?! :

http://www.jspace.com/news/tags/yonatan-netanyahu/3521

... !!!!!

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2013 at 1:49pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5558 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 7:46am
Joey, is jb ready?

U2's new song, "Ordinary Love," and the movie it's in -- Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom -- weren't the only topics of discussion at last night's special screening in New York City. Some of the reporters there also asked about U2's next album, and here's a look at what's being reported:

1.) The Edge sounded non-committal on dates when speaking with the Wall Street Journal.

It's going great, and we're very happy about progress. But we haven't chosen a release date yet and we won't do it until the album's done or as close to done, so we know it's in the bag, so to speak.

2.) Paul McGuinness, who was there with new manager Guy Oseary (awkward!), was a bit more certain when speaking to Roger Friedman.

No, Guy told me, there will be no Madonna-U2 duet on the new album.

Paul did tell me that the album will come in March, maybe right after the group wins an Oscar for their "Mandela" song.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5559 - Nov 29th, 2013 at 7:52am

<  ----------------- Macca on Palladia right now !!!!  :

http://www.palladia.tv/

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5560 - Dec 1st, 2013 at 5:09pm
Joey, what's got jb shaking in his Gucci shoes?

U2 is one of a couple dozen major artists to contribute a song to Songs For The Philippines, a new charity relief album that's available on iTunes. The 39-track album is selling for $9.99, with all proceeds going to the Philippines Red Cross and its relief efforts after the recent typhoon.

U2's "In A Little While" is the fourth track on the album -- it's the same version of the song that appeared on All That You Can't Leave Behind. Other artists on the album include The Beatles, Eminem, Muse, Adele and too many more to mention.

http://youtu.be/q32eogAbW48

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5561 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 10:21am
' joey   ....... brother jb can not stop crying   ..... why ?    '

The following Some Guy   ...... the FOLLOWING !!!!! :

http://themaccareport.com/news/PaulBeatles.gif

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2013 at 10:23am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5562 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 6:26pm
"Someone wrote in a bathroom 'God is dead: Nietzche.' And someone wrote after that 'Nietzche is dead: God.' I love that."

-- Bono

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5563 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 11:14am
'     joey  ...... have you heard from brother jb  recently  ?     '

Why  , YES !!!!!  ..... Some Guy :

" ..... Stones pre-sale in UAE is wide open!!!!!!!!!! Every act that has played there has sold out(even Macca) burt ( '  Sic  '  ) wide friggin open..a hge (  ' Sic  ' ) mistake just when they played Turkey in a stadium in 06 or 07 and only 15k showed up.,....   "

Developing ...............................................

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 4:48pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5564 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 8:43am

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303560204579246142096554348?...

" Given how very unlikely it is that President Obama, despite his all-options-on-the-table protestations to the contrary, would ever take military action, the only hope rests with Israel. If, then, Israel fails to strike now, Iran will get the bomb. And when it does, the Israelis will be forced to decide whether to wait for a nuclear attack and then to retaliate out of the rubble, or to pre-empt with a nuclear strike of their own. But the Iranians will be faced with the same dilemma. Under these unprecedentedly hair-trigger circumstances, it will take no time before one of them tries to beat the other to the punch. "

" We , The Jews  , must strike IRAN NOW , Ronnie !!!! "

Joey Begin ©

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5565 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 8:07am
Joey, does jb celebrate Christmas?

LA Times: U2 Album in April, New Song Called 'Invisible'
@U2, December 19, 2013
By: Matt McGee

Steve Zeitchik of the Los Angeles Times spent what seems like a good amount of time with U2 earlier this month when the band was doing publicity for "Ordinary Love" in New York City. That included a visit to the studio as U2 continued to work on its upcoming album -- an album that today's article says is due in April. [Note: Most current rumors have the album out on March 31 worldwide and April 1 in North America.]

The article specifically mentions a new song called "Invisible," that's described as "an anthemic number about leaving one's hometown."

There are also a few descriptions (in the reporter's words) of the new album:

■"...a collection of songs told partly from the perspective of an innocent and partly from a seasoned veteran."
■"it has traces of the Clash and Sex Pistols and Kraftwerk ... but it also comes laden with soul and old-school R&B."
■"Thematically, the album will center on the collision between hard-earned wisdom and youthful hunger."

The whole article is a good read -- check it out on LATimes.com.

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2013 at 8:10am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5566 - Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:24am
' joey .................. got anything in yellow for jb  this holiday season ?   '

********************** " SIGH !!!! " ************************

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2013 at 10:27am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5567 - Dec 24th, 2013 at 11:01am
" Joey, does jb celebrate Christmas?  "

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2013 at 11:02am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5568 - Dec 25th, 2013 at 10:37am
Joey, what's jb do on Christmas?

Christmas Eve tradition: Bono Busks in Dublin for 5th Straight Year
December 24, 2013

The Christmas Eve tradition continued today as Bono and friends busked again for charity on the streets of Dublin. According to @U2 reader Harry Kantas (see his tweet below), Bono joined in for two songs this year: a cover of Slade's "Merry Christmas Everybody" and the traditional hymn, "Oh Come All Ye Faithful." Glen Hansard, Damien Rice and other local artists were out performing along Grafton Street before Bono's appearance -- it's all in the name of raising money to fight homelessness in Dublin.

Hopefully some full-length videos will be online soon (and we'll update this article if so), but for now there's a short Instagram clip of "Merry Christmas Everybody" and another one here. And, as promised, we'll put Harry's photo-tweet here:

« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2013 at 10:39am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5569 - Dec 31st, 2013 at 9:06pm
Joey, what's jb got going on?

Thanks to @U2 reader Vesteinn V. for pointing us to this article (and video) with the news that Bono, Ali and the Hewson family are spending New Year's Eve 2013 in Iceland. According to the Google translation, they landed in Reykjavik at about 4:00 pm local time on a flight from Dublin. Bono's friend Damien Rice, who was part of the Christmas Eve busking last week, is with the Hewson clan.

According to the article, Bono et al plan to see Icelandic nature after spending New Year's in the capital city.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2013 at 9:12pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
RIP Phil Everly
Reply #5570 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 8:30pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5571 - Jan 5th, 2014 at 10:42am
" January 4, 2014 -- New York Post (Page Six)

Macca celebrates New Year's Eve in St. Barts

Paul McCartney and wife Nancy Shevell, partied New Year's Eve at Hotel Taiwana in St. Barts at a dinner co-hosted by Michael Fuchs and Tico Mugrabi.

After midnight, McCartney brought the house down by spontaneously jumping onstage to sing Wings' tune "Goodnight Tonight," and luxury developer Izak Senbahar accompanied him on bongos.  "

|
|
|
|
V

|
|
|
V

... !!!!!

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2014 at 5:41pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5572 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Joey wrote on Nov 24th, 2013 at 5:58pm:
" November 21, 2013 -- Macca Report News EXCLUSIVE!!
by Jash, Macca Reporter

November 21: Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome - Third Show

On the day of the concert, tickets were available at the box office at 3pm. There was a line of about 500 people waiting for tickets at 3pm. Many had stood in line since 11am.

There were also many people waiting for Paul to arrive at the Tokyo Dome. About 500 + had gathered there.

Paul left the Pennisula Tokyo Hotel at 4:10 pm and got to the Tokyo Dome before 4:30 pm. Macca's car entourage passed by the waiting fans with Paul waving as the car went by.

The sound check started around 4:40 pm and lasted until 5:30 pm.

SOUND CHECK SETLIST

Gibson Les Paul Guitar (People painted)
1. Twenty Flight Rock
2. Blue Suede Shoes

Hofner Bass
3. Coming Up
4. Flaming Pie

Piano
5. Let 'Em In
6. Miss Ann - (Old jazz standard by Eric Dolphy Paul used to play during The Beatles' Get Back sessions.)

Martin D12 Acoustic Guitar
7. It's So Easy
8. San Francisco Bay Blues
9. Every Night
10. Aligator

Ukulele
11. Ram On
12. Big Barn Bed (A request from the 'soundcheckers')

Gibson 12-string Acoustic Guitar
13. Midnight Special

Epiphone Texan Acoustic Guitar
14. Bluebird

Magic Piano
15. Massage Theme intro- Lady Madonna (short version)

CONCERT SETLIST

1. Eight Days A Week
2. Save Us
3. All My Loving
4. Listen To What The Man Said
5. 5. Let Me Roll It/ Foxy Lady Coda
6. Paperback Writer
7. My Valentine
8. Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
9. The Long And Winding Road
10. Maybe I'm Amazed
11. I've Just Seen A Face
12. We Can Work It Out
13. Another Day
14. And I Love Her
15. Blackbird
16. Here Today
17. New
18. Queenie Eye
19. Lady Madonna
20. All Together Now
21. Lovely Rita
22. Everybody Out There
23. Eleanor Rigby
24. Being for the Benefit Of Mr. Kite!
25. Something
26. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
27. Band On The Run
28. Back In The U.S.S.R.
29. Let It Be
30. Live And Let Die
31. Hey Jude

Encore One
32. Day Tripper
33. Hi Hi Hi
34. Get Back

Encore Two
35. Yesterday
36. Helter Skelter
37. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

THE CONCERT

Caroline Kennedy ambassador to Japan arrived at the arena at 7:00pm. Kennedy chatted with Paul in the dressing room before the concert. The audience of the arena welcomed her. She was seen leaving the venue in the middle of "Hey Jude."

Freda Kelly, was visiting Japan to promote her movie "Good Ol Freda." Kelly attended the concert but did not meet with Paul.

Because the concert was behind schedule the screen collages did not run until 7pm. At this time, the unreleased dance remixes played. The slow version of "The End" began rather quickly into the collage sequence and Paul appeared on stage at 7:20 pm wear the crimson jacket he wore in Osaka.

Paul was in excellent voice and the crowd was very enthusiastic. Many times he spoke Japanese.

"Konbanwa Tokyo, Tadaima" (Good evening Tokyo. I came home)

"Konban mo Nihongo Ganbari Masu. Demo Eigo no Houga Tokui Desu" (I'll try to speak Japanese, but I'm better at speaking English)

"Minna Arigato" (Thank you all)

"Tugino Kyoku ha Linda no Tameni Kakimashita" (I wrote next song for Linda.) before "Maybe I'm Amazed."

Paul seemed to like to pronounce and repeated "Kakimashita."

"Tsugi no Uta wa John no Tamedesu" (The next song is for John) before "Here Today."

"George ni Hakusyu wo" (Applause for George) before "Something."

"Issyo ni Utaou yo" (Let's sing along) before "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da."

"Sugoi ne Kinoenai Daijoubu" (Awesome! Do I have some trouble hearing? No, I'm OK) after "Live And Let Die."

Paul dedicated "Let It Be" and " Yesterday " to victims of the earthquake before this show, but there was no dedication this day .

On this day, because it was the last show in Japan, there was a plan by the promoter Kyodo Tokyo, to give away glow sticks to all the audiences. They were instructed to raise the glow sticks during "Yesterday."

During "Yesterday," Paul was very moved when the audience raised the glow sticks in his honor.

At the second encore Paul brought out the Union Jack painted Hofner (first played at the Queen's Jubilee Concert) for "Helter Skelter."

Paul left the stage saying "See you next time!Thank you Tokyo!"

howe many pounds of weed did he bring this time?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5573 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 3:52pm
   " McCain's Brother On Jews ....       "

" Joe McCain, Senator McCain's brother, on Jews and Israel.

We know little about him, other than he is a retired reporter.
This is what he wrote.  Definitely worth reading...  "

" There is a lot of worry popping up in the media just now -- 'Can Israel Survive?'  Don't worry about it.  It relates to something that Palestinians, the Arabs, and perhaps most Americans don't realize — the Jews are NEVER going quietly again.  NEVER.  And if the world doesn't come to understand that, then MILLIONS OF ARABS ARE GOING TO DIE.

It's as simple as that.

Throughout the history of the world, the most abused, kicked-around race of people have been the Jews.  Not just during the holocaust of World War II, but for THOUSANDS  of years.  They have truly been 'The Chosen People' in a terrible and tragic sense.  The Bible story of Egypt's enslavement of the Jews is not just a story, IT IS HISTORY, if festooned with theological legend and heroic epics.

In 70 A.D. the Romans, which had for a long time tolerated the Jews – even admired them as 'superior' to other vassals -- tired of their truculent demands for independence and decided on an early 'Solution' to the Jewish problem. Jerusalem was sacked and reduced to near rubble; Jewish resistance was pursued and crushed by the implacable Roman War Machine -- see 'Masada'.

And thus began The Diaspora, the DISPERSAL OF JEWS throughout the rest of the world..

Their homeland destroyed, their culture crushed, they looked desperately for the few niches in a hostile world where they could be safe that safety was fragile, and often subject to the whims of moody hosts.  The words 'pogrom,' 'ghetto,' and 'anti-Semitism' come from this treatment of the first mono-theistic people.  Throughout Europe, changing times meant sometimes tolerance, sometimes even warmth for the Jews, but eventually it meant hostility, then malevolence.  There is not a country in Europe or Western Asia that at one time or another has not decided to lash out against the children of Moses, sometimes by whim, sometimes by manipulation.

Winston Churchill calls Edward I one of England 's very greatest kings.  It was under his rule in the late 1200's that Wales and Cornwall were hammered into the British crown, and Scotland and Ireland were invaded and occupied.

He was also the first European monarch to set up a really effective administrative bureaucracy, surveyed and censused his kingdom, established laws and political divisions.  But he also embraced the Jews.  Actually Edward didn't embrace Jews so much as he embraced their money.  For the English Jews had acquired wealth -- understandable, because these people that could not own land or office, could not join most of trades and professions, soon found that money was a very good thing to accumulate.  Much harder to take away than land or a store, was a hidden sock of gold and silver coins. Ever resourceful, Edward found a way — he borrowed money from the Jews to finance imperial ambitions in Europe, specially France.  Loans were almost certainly not made gladly, but how do you refuse your King?  Especially when he is 'Edward the Hammer.'  Then, rather than pay back the debt, Edward simply expelled the Jews.  Edward was especially inventive -- he did this twice.  After a time, he invited the Jews back to their English homeland, borrowed more money, then expelled them again.

Most people do not know that Spain was one of the early entrants into The Renaissance.  People from all over the world came to Spain in the late medieval period.  All were welcome -- Arabs, Jews, other Europeans.  The University of Salamanca was one of the great centers of learning in the world -- scholars of all nations, all fields came to Salamanca to share their knowledge and their ideas.  But in 1492 Ferdinand and Isabella, having driven the last of Moors from the Spanish Shield, were persuaded by the righteous fundamentalists of the time to announce 'The Act of Purification.'

A series of steps were taken in which all Jews and Arabs and other non-Christians were expelled from the country, or would face the tools and the torches of The Inquisition.  From this 'cleansing' come the Sephardic Jews -- as opposed to the Ashkenazis of Eastern Europe.  In Eastern Europe, the sporadic violence and brutality against Jews are common knowledge.

'Fiddler' without the music and folksy humor.  At times of fury, no accommodation by the Jew was good enough, no profile low enough, no village poor enough or distant enough.

From these come the near-steady flow of Jews to the United States.  And despite the disdain of the Jews by most 'American' Americans, they came to grab the American Dream with both hands, and contributed everything from new ideas of enterprise in retail and entertainment to becoming some of our finest physicians and lawyers.  The modern United States , in spite of itself, IS The United States in part because of its Jewish blood.

Then the Nazi Holocaust -- the corralling, sorting, orderly eradication of millions of the people of Moses.  Not something that other realms in other times didn't try to do, by the way, the Germans were just more organized and had better murder technology.

I stood in the center of Dachau for an entire day, about 15 years ago, trying to comprehend how this could have happened. I had gone there on a side trip from Munich, vaguely curious about this Dachau.  I soon became engulfed in the enormity of what had occurred there nestled in this middle & working class neighborhood.       

How could human beings do this to other human beings, hear their cries, their pleas, their terror, their pain, and continue without apparently even wincing?  I no longer wonder.  At some times, some places, ANY sect of the human race is capable of horrors against their fellow man, whether a member of the Waffen SS, a Serbian sniper, a Turkish policeman in 1920's Armenia, a Mississippi Klansman.  Because even in the United States not all was a Rose Garden.  For a long time Jews had quotas in our universities and graduate schools.  Only so many Jews could be in a medical or law school at one time.

Jews were disparaged widely.  I remember as a kid Jewish jokes told without a wince - 'Why do Jews have such big noses?'

Well, now the Jews have a homeland again.  A place that is theirs.  And that's the point.  It doesn't matter how many times United States and European powers try to rein in Israel, if it comes down to survival of its nation, its people, they will fight like no lioness has ever fought to save her cubs.  They will fight with a ferocity, a determination, and a skill, that will astound us.

And many will die, mostly their attackers, I believe.  If there were a macabre historical betting parlor, my money would be on the Israelis to be standing at the end.  As we killed the kamikazes and the Wehrmacht soldaten of World War II, so will the Israelis kill their suicidal attackers, until there are not enough to torment them.

The irony goes unnoticed -- while we are hammering away to punish those who brought the horrors of last September here, we restrain the Israelis from the same retaliation.  Not the same thing, of course -- We are We, They are They.  While we mourn and see September 11th, we don't notice that Israel has a September 11th sometimes every day.

We may not notice, but it doesn't make any difference.  And it doesn't make any difference whether you are pro-Israeli or you think Israel is the bully of the Middle East.  If it comes to where a new holocaust looms -- with or without the concurrence of the United States and Europe — Israel will lash out without pause or restraint at those who would try to annihilate their country.

The Jews will not go quietly again.

Joe McCain   "

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
BEATLES REUNION!!!
Reply #5574 - Jan 23rd, 2014 at 10:22am

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 ... 232
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)