Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Which is Joshie's favorite Beatles song?

Revolution 9:15    
  4 (12.9%)
You Really Got a Hold on Deuteronome    
  1 (3.2%)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Yahweh    
  6 (19.4%)
Nowhere Menorah    
  5 (16.1%)
You're Going to Lose that Goy-l    
  14 (45.2%)
Israel Be Back    
  1 (3.2%)
Esau Her Standing There    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 31
« Last Modified by: Starbuck on: Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:36pm »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 232
Send Topic Print
The all Macca thread (Read 99,198 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Happy Birthday jb
Reply #175 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:36am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
" Joey, let me tell ya, the bottom is dropping out this morning. "

" Review: Fans flock to hear Eagles' classic hits "

Set list
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Long • Busy Being Fabulous • I Don't Want to Hear Any More • Guilty of the Crime • Hotel California • Peaceful Easy Feeling • I Can't Tell You Why • Witchy Woman • Lyin' Eyes • Boys of Summer • In the City • The Long Run

Intermission

Love Will Keep Us Alive • Take It to the Limit • Long Road Out of Eden • Somebody • Walk Away • One of These Nights • Life's Been Good • Dirty Laundry • Funk 49 • Heartache Tonight • Life In the Fast Lane

Encore one:
Rocky Mountain Way • All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Encore two:
Take It Easy • Desperado

"  Since forming more than 25 years ago, the Eagles have weathered lineup changes, fights and a breakup that lasted more than a decade. During that time, they may have gained a few years and a few pounds, but they still sound as great as ever.

The group — Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit — played for more than three hours Saturday night at the Qwest Center Omaha for nearly 16,000 fans.

Their voices and guitar-playing abilities still intact after all these years, the Eagles performed each song flawlessly and sounded as though they haven't aged a bit. Their classic country-rock sound was aided by beautiful four-part harmonies and lengthy guitar solos during every song.

The set included several songs from their 2007 album "Long Road Out of Eden," as well as each of their hits. The crowd was on its feet singing and clapping for songs such as "Hotel California," "The Long Run" and "Love Will Keep Us Alive."

The band even played hits from each member's respective solo careers. Henley sang "Boys of Summer" and "Dirty Laundry," among others, while Walsh did a rendition of his song "Life's Been Good."

Walsh in particular looked like he was having the time of his life on stage. He danced and laughed while he jammed guitar solos. During "Life's Been Good," he ran around with a camera attached to his head that projected images of the crowd on a huge video screen behind him.

Each band member took at least one opportunity to speak to the crowd, but Frey was especially talkative, acting like band spokesman by telling stories and jokes and introducing the backing band.

The Eagles were backed up by a drummer, three keyboardists and a horn section. Special kudos goes out to Steuart Smith, who shared lead guitar duties with Walsh. Smith was essentially the fifth Eagle during the show, sharing the front of the stage with the four official members. He added nuance and flair to each song with his fluid guitar playing and solos.

If there's still any tension lingering from their breakup, no one exhibited it on stage. All four were all smiles, often joking and bantering during and between songs.

It's been a long road for the Eagles, and Frey acknowledged with a joke in the middle of the show that the band has gotten older.

"Check your ticket stubs. This is the assisted living tour," the 60-year-old Frey said to laughs.  "

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2620&u_sid=10483198

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #176 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:59am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #177 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 10:15am
Some Guy …………………………..

I just uncoiled a massive , MASSIVE seventeen inch snake --- I mean , this thing is friggin UNBELIEVABLE
and hard to imagine that it came out of Lil' ol' ME !!!!!
To be honest , I am worried that I may have passed part of my large intestine , spleen ,
Gall bladder and other organs along with it .

Developing …………………………………………………..

Shiver ………………………..

Stinky Cakes ! ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #178 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:27am
steer clear of the waffle house.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:28am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #179 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 1:25pm
" steer clear of the waffle house "

....and bran muffins in the morning .

Whoops , ... Batter Up !!!! :

*** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION !!!! ***

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #180 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 1:28pm
Thanks, Joey.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #181 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 3:38pm
" God warns that whosoever touches Israel touches the apple (pupil) of His eye. The pupil is one of the most delicate and sensitive parts of the body. A person will immediately move to defend the pupil from an object that comes near to it. This is the picture that God gives to His reaction of touching His covenant nation. There will be a reaction from God. As the United States has pressured Israel to give away land and interfered with Jerusalem... America has touched the "apple of God's eye."

http://www.poemsbycc.com/TheJew.html

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #182 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:18am
Joey, I hear talk that Micheal Anthony will return to Van Halen, look for an album and tour. Summer 09. Yes we could.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:20am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #183 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:45am

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #184 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 9:03am
" Joey, I hear talk that Micheal Anthony will return to Van Halen, look for an album and tour. Summer 09.  "

Some Guy .................................................

I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY just Drop A Log .

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #185 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 9:50am
" my diet could use some refinement "

Fiber my Stonesian Brother ......

Please ...... more FIBER !!!!!!!!!

**** END TRANSMISSION !!!! ******

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #186 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 9:53am
" Joey, I hear talk that Micheal Anthony will return to Van Halen, "

W- What ?!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #187 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:15am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #188 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:37am
"  Yes we could... "

« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:51am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #189 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 11:07am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #190 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 12:47pm
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2008 at 1:55pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #191 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 8:01am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #192 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:36am
Target Israel? Iran Tests New Long-Range Missile
Wednesday, November 12, 2008

" Iran successfully test fired a new, more accurate surface-to-surface missile, the country's defense minister said Wednesday, in a fresh effort to enhance Tehran’s military might.

The test comes as speculation brews over a possible U.S. or Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, which are believed to be a front for a weapons development program.

"This missile test is in the framework of Iran's deterrent doctrine," Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammed Najjar told the IRNA news agency. "It will only land on the heads of those enemies."

"This missile is a two-stage weapon with two combined solid-fuel engines and has an extraordinary high capability," state television quoted Najjar as saying.

While Iran claims that its ballistic missiles — which can strike targets more than 1,200 miles away — are for defensive purposes, Tehran has warned that it would strike American bases in the Middle East in the event of an attack from the U.S. or Israel.

But Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Friday that Tel Aviv is “convinced that Iran continues to try to build a nuclear weapon,” according to the Fars News Agency.

Iran is known to possess a medium-range ballistic missile known as the Shahab-3, which means "shooting star" in Farsi, with a range of at least 800 miles. In 2005, Iranian officials said they had improved the range of the Shahab-3 to 1,200 miles.

Iran launched an arms development program during its 1980-88 war with Iraq to compensate for a U.S. weapons embargo. Since 1992, Iran has produced its own tanks, armored personnel carriers, missiles and a fighter plane. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450144,00.html

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #193 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 12:34pm
Joey wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:36am:
Target Israel? Iran Tests New Long-Range Missile
Wednesday, November 12, 2008

" Iran successfully test fired a new, more accurate surface-to-surface missile, the country's defense minister said Wednesday, in a fresh effort to enhance Tehran’s military might.

The test comes as speculation brews over a possible U.S. or Israeli strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, which are believed to be a front for a weapons development program.

"This missile test is in the framework of Iran's deterrent doctrine," Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammed Najjar told the IRNA news agency. "It will only land on the heads of those enemies."

"This missile is a two-stage weapon with two combined solid-fuel engines and has an extraordinary high capability," state television quoted Najjar as saying.

While Iran claims that its ballistic missiles — which can strike targets more than 1,200 miles away — are for defensive purposes, Tehran has warned that it would strike American bases in the Middle East in the event of an attack from the U.S. or Israel.

But Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Friday that Tel Aviv is “convinced that Iran continues to try to build a nuclear weapon,” according to the Fars News Agency.

Iran is known to possess a medium-range ballistic missile known as the Shahab-3, which means "shooting star" in Farsi, with a range of at least 800 miles. In 2005, Iranian officials said they had improved the range of the Shahab-3 to 1,200 miles.

Iran launched an arms development program during its 1980-88 war with Iraq to compensate for a U.S. weapons embargo. Since 1992, Iran has produced its own tanks, armored personnel carriers, missiles and a fighter plane. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450144,00.html

He's got 2 more months left.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #194 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:52pm
" He's got 2 more months left "

Some Guy .........................

50% more range for this system is not good news.  In reading up on this missile, which is really a homegrown & improved Korean SCUD-C variant, the stats and projected performance are really pretty impressive.  The Shahab-3 is less than 100 FEET (for an IRBM that’s more than enough to be very effective).  It is believed that this system also employs ABM-evading technology.

The best way to defeat these, then, is to pre-emptively take them out while they are still on the ground.  And develop the next generation of ABM system.

I’m guessing, but I’ll bet you real money that the Iranians are getting a lot of technical support from some former world power that wants its prestige back who has an established track record of proxy fighting with us and is willing to send contraband to those that work against us.  Not naming names…

Joey Putin

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #195 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:05pm
Joey wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 1:52pm:
" He's got 2 more months left "

Some Guy .........................

50% more range for this system is not good news.  In reading up on this missile, which is really a homegrown & improved Korean SCUD-C variant, the stats and projected performance are really pretty impressive.  The Shahab-3 is less than 100 FEET (for an IRBM that’s more than enough to be very effective).  It is believed that this system also employs ABM-evading technology.

The best way to defeat these, then, is to pre-emptively take them out while they are still on the ground.  And develop the next generation of ABM system.

I’m guessing, but I’ll bet you real money that the Iranians are getting a lot of technical support from some former world power that wants its prestige back who has an established track record of proxy fighting with us and is willing to send contraband to those that work against us.  Not naming names…

Joey Putin

Putin, I presume...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #196 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:07pm
US interests in the mideast would be better served without alliances to ANY tribe

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #197 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:39pm
" Putin, I presume "

Yes , He ( Putin ) is the most Dangerous World Leader since Stalin .

Some Guy , The KGB lost the Cold War and they KNOW it !!!!

Putin wants to re-form the Old Soviet Union  .

Word .

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #198 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 3:17pm
Joey wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:39pm:
" Putin, I presume "

Yes , He ( Putin ) is the most Dangerous World Leader since Stalin .

Some Guy , The KGB lost the Cold War and they KNOW it !!!!

Putin wants to re-form the Old Soviet Union  .

Word .

Joey, please this shit is so 1984-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5t5GukrWOU

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #199 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 5:33pm
" Joey, please this shit is so 1984-  "

What ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqnkTLViO8o&NR=1

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 232
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)