Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AC/DC Encourage 'Macho Posturing' In Bars (Read 767 times)
TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

AC/DC Encourage 'Macho Posturing' In Bars
May 31st, 2008 at 7:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
AC/DC Encourage 'Macho Posturing' In Bars
added: 27/05/2008
metalhammer.co.uk

The band that wrote 'Big Balls' are apparently responsible for the male ego in pubs and clubs.

The Times have conducted an experiment that concludes that people who listen to AC/DC are likely to indulge in 'macho posturing and aggressive behaviour' in the bars and clubs of the United Kingdom.

An NHS-funded experiment was conducted by leading scientists in bars and clubs, determining how the music that is played in pubs and clubs affects our behaviour. It found that AC/DC's Highway To Hell was one of many tracks that encouraged loutish behaviour and triggered bar brawls. It makes you wonder what would happen if they put Slayer's 'Mandatory Suicide' on, doesn't it?

On the flip-side, Robbie Williams's 'Angels' was said to 'calm revellers' and '(I've Had) The Time Of My Life' from Dirty Dancing is said to encourage provocative dancing from females (presumably middle-aged divorcees). As if that wasn't enough information, Robbie Williams hits and 'slushy' songs such as Sonny and Cher's 'I Got You Babe' works as a kind of man repellent that deters men from entering a pub or club.

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Re: AC/DC Encourage 'Macho Posturing' In Bars
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 6:53am
What effect do songs like YMCA, In the navy, Dancing Queen and Moloko's "Sing it back" have?

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:13am
Not to be outdone by AC DC, the Rolling Stones music can  trigger bar brawls too.

UPI

GLASGOW, Scotland, May 25 (UPI) -- The Rolling Stones can trigger British bar brawls, while the tunes of Robbie Williams can calm drunken crowds, Scottish researchers say.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2008/05/25/study_rock_music_triggers_...
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:15am by TenThousandMotels »  

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:22am
Does this new research knida vindicate the Hell's Angels behavior at Altamont?????

I wonder if Sonny Barger has been apprised of this study. He can blame the music now. The music made 'em do it.
Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:28am by TenThousandMotels »  

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:47am
With Bon Jovi there's the danger of slipping into a collective coma.  :howefun Interesting stuff Ronnie! you made a grown man cry  War horses couldn't drag me away

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 3:28pm
corgi37 wrote on Jun 1st, 2008 at 6:53am:
What effect do songs like YMCA, In the navy, Dancing Queen and Moloko's "Sing it back" have?

Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)