Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Study: Rolling Stones' music incites pub brawls! (Read 605 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Study: Rolling Stones' music incites pub brawls!
May 24th, 2008 at 4:49pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
An academic study funded by the U.K.'s NHS has determined that guitar riffs of songs such as Street Fighting Man contribute to the triggering of bar brawls.  Let's go get drunk
The same study also found that hits by Robbie Williams and Sonny & Cher tend to deter such behaviour.

http://www.entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/arti...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Study: Rolling Stones' music incites pub brawl
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2008 at 5:45pm
Edith Grove wrote on May 24th, 2008 at 4:49pm:
An academic study funded by the U.K.'s NHS has determined that guitar riffs of songs such as Street Fighting Man contribute to the triggering of bar brawls.  Let's go get drunk
The same study also found that hits by Robbie Williams and Sonny & Cher tend to deter such behaviour.

http://www.entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/arti...

Fuck yes.  I mean, with Mick Jagger, don't forget that we're talking about a guy who has inspired god knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."  I have no reason to doubt that study at all.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Study: Rolling Stones' music incites pub brawl
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2008 at 6:43pm
Oh ye moonbeam of little faith.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2008 at 7:44pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)